Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 21. (Read 13497 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
That sounds good Timelord, I'll be going with 2 teams: Ireland and France! Browsing
through the offerings on ROLLBIT there are countless ways to make a bet, right down to a
bet as simple as a winner being from Northern or southern Hemisphere.

The list below shows odds for various teams and odds for the winner, NZ who are ranked
2 on world rankings behind Ireland are favourite. Ireland are 4th based on past performances
I think.

So I'll pick Ireland and France, I will send payment over the weekend.

1 Week to go people
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
At half time the Sea Eagles are leading 26 - 6 against perennial wooden spooners the Tigers.

Are we going to have a sweep on the Rugby tournament?

I figure 0.000735 is $20, so we could do (0.000735) for two teams e.g. Australia and New Zealand, or just one team.  People need to agree which it is in the next couple of days *before* any funds are sent!

No limit on the number of teams you can choose.

If your team wins the competition, then you win the pot.  If two users pick e.g. Argentina and they win, then the pot if split between the two who pick the winner.

My wallet address is bc1qj9nm97yx377z688cj7h0yl45wve28he05hgrah which has a blance of 0.00059834 (not part of my wager) - if there are no objections, I can hold the pot and distribute the winnings.

In the event of no winner, then all funds are refunded.

Post your teams chosen and TX.

legendary
Well now, just when we thought it was going to work out for the Broncos they only went
and got beaten by the Storm! 22-32 that pretty much puts an end to their claim to top spot.
The Panthers are not going to be beaten by the Cowboys.

Next game - sea Eagles v Wests Tigers, I'm going with the Sea Eagles too @ 1.22

Following that I'm going with the Rabbitohs over the Roosters @ 1.84, I know they
have had a real misex bag this season but I think they will be desperate to hold that magic
8th spot.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I must have been half asleep when I wrote my last post.

What I meant to write was:  The Eels have a BYE this week which means they get two point and progress to 30 points which SHOULD on paper give them the 8th spot.  THEN depending on the game play IF the three teams Roosters, Cowboys and Rabbitohs do NOT win their games, then the Eels SHOULD claim eighth spot.

However,

In saying that I've gone back and restudied the match ups.  Both the Rabbitohs and Roosters are playing. One has to win, or they tie, so they either both get a point for a tie, or one or the other gets two points.  The cowboys are up against the Panthers, so it's almost unlikely they will win.  Souths are currently $ 1.85 while the Roosters are at $ 1.95 which is almost too close to call.  I'm going with the Roosters given their late improvement in game play (and seven or eight wins in a row)

The Dolphins in 14th place on the ladder have had a tonne of money poured onto them this round - they are $ 1.60 while the Warriors in third place on the ladder are at $ 2.35.  You would imagine the Dolphins aren't going to win, but the betting is favouring them.

I was lucky enough to see all three games on Saturday - The Storm decimated the Titans, The Roosters and Tigers by the 50th minute were getting stand off ish against their opponents and by the 65th minute, there was a lot of jersey grabbing with close proximity words exchanged.  In the final game, the Broncos simply out played the Raiders with better opportunities and ducking into gaps to run away and score.  The Sharks may well do the same thing against the Raiders this weekend in the last game of the regular season.

If the Broncs win against the Storm they win the Minor premiership.  If they loose as does the Panthers, they still win.  If the Broncos loose, but the Panthers win, then the Panthers win on points.

Brisbane Broncos - Melbourne Storm 31 Aug 2023 19:50 Money Line Brisbane Broncos @ 1.61 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.161 mBTC
Manly Sea Eagles - Wests Tigers 01 Sep 2023 18:00 Money Line Manly Sea Eagles @ 1.21 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.121 mBTC
South Sydney Rabbitohs - Sydney Roosters 01 Sep 2023 20:00 Money Line Sydney Roosters @ 1.97 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.197 mBTC
Redcliffe - New Zealand Warriors 02 Sep 2023 15:00 Money Line Redcliffe @ 1.56 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.156 mBTC
Penrith Panthers - North Queensland Cowboys 02 Sep 2023 17:30 Money Line Penrith Panthers @ 1.28 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.128 mBTC
St George/Illawarra Dragons - Newcastle Knights 02 Sep 2023 19:35 Money Line Newcastle Knights @ 1.79 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.179 mBTC
Gold Coast Titans - Canterbury Bulldogs 03 Sep 2023 14:00 Money Line Gold Coast Titans @ 1.25 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.125 mBTC
Cronulla Sharks - Canberra Raiders 03 Sep 2023 16:05 Money Line Cronulla Sharks @ 1.31 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.131 mBTC

One last Parlay for the season:

Parlay
31 Aug 2023 09:15 Ticket ID: 32469999  Brisbane Broncos - Melbourne Storm 31 Aug 2023 19:50 Money Line Brisbane Broncos @ 1.61 Manly Sea Eagles - Wests Tigers 01 Sep 2023 18:00 Money Line Manly Sea Eagles @ 1.21 South Sydney Rabbitohs - Sydney Roosters 01 Sep 2023 20:00 Money Line Sydney Roosters @ 1.97 Penrith Panthers - North Queensland Cowboys 02 Sep 2023 17:30 Money Line Penrith Panthers @ 1.28 Redcliffe - New Zealand Warriors 02 Sep 2023 15:00 Money Line Redcliffe @ 1.56 St George/Illawarra Dragons - Newcastle Knights 02 Sep 2023 19:35 Money Line Newcastle Knights @ 1.79 Gold Coast Titans - Canterbury Bulldogs 03 Sep 2023 14:00 Money Line Gold Coast Titans @ 1.25 Cronulla Sharks - Canberra Raiders 03 Sep 2023 16:05 Money Line Cronulla Sharks @ 1.31 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 2.246 mBTC

legendary
The Panthers have an easier game this last round against 9th place Cowboys which
means a double whammy, Panthers could go 1st and Cowboys wont get 8th spot.

Broncos have a trickier game against 4th placed Storm, they need to win this!

For 8th spot, I recon the Rabbitohs will retain it by beating the Roosters, the odds
suggest its going to be tough, its currently 1.83 v 2.06 favouring the Bunnies!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The coveted eighth spot in the regular 2023 season of the NRL is up for grabs this weekend. If the Eels win BUT, if the Roosters, Cowboys and Rabbitohs do NOT win, then the Eels will take the eighth spot in the ladder with stronger for and against compared to the other three. It's a big ask .

Similarly..  IF the Broncos win this week, they are assured the coveted title if minor premiership winners. However, if the Panthers win BUT the Broncos do not, then the Panthers claim top spot.

Last weekend, the Storm claimed fourth spot which they can't be overtaken with just one week left.

I expect the Broncos to win against the Storm in Thursday's matchup.
legendary
Rugby League - NRL

1 round left in the regular season and the 8 teams going through to the finals have claimed
their spots I think, Its the Cowboys in 9th who are closely missing out and have to play the
Panthers in the last game.

Union - Rugby World Cup

Its time to start talking about the RWC which kicks off on the 8th september.

Tell us about your team lineup
Who you are playing in the group stages and what your hopes are.

I think we will be running a competition here on the Rugby thread so if your team isnt
playing at the RWC you can get involved here.
legendary
Interesting re the history of how the Broncos and NRL came about. I'll bet the Broncos
are getting good support this season?

Re the Womens NRL, yes that makes perfect sense in the case of naming the womens
side "Cowboys" - not too much thought went into that. I read an interesting article
about it in the link below, I cant copy any text from it.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/north-queensland-decide-against-naming-their-new-nrl-womens-team-the-cowgirls-for-some-reason/

In the Mens NRL today I',m going with the two favourites:
Warriors with an easy win over
the Dragons but a terrible price of 1.15

And the Cowboys to beat the Dolphins @ 1.35

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
What do you mean by a manufactured team?

(Back when the Broncos started) A group of businessmen formed a business that is listed on the stock exchange, put top Queensland players under contract, bought out the old Brisbane Wests RL team club house in Red Hill and joined the NRL as the first non NSW team which created a schism in Qld RL as all the money and focus shifted from two states to just one - the NSW RL which suddenly called itself the ARL then quickly changed to NRL.

Essentially, the NSW RL became the National RL - with just the Brisbane Broncos thrown in.

The Brisbane Broncos are to my knowledge the only RL team to be listed on the Australian Stock exchange.  The other couple of manufactured teams are Melbourne Storm and the Gold Coast Titans (and to a lesser extent the Townsville Cowboys (which grates on everyone as they should be known as the Jackaroos which is an Australian slang term not an Americanism - cowboys)

The same thing is happening in women's RL - all of the teams are manufactured top down with identical names of the male counterparts Rosters, not hens, cowboys not cowgirls etc.

The Dolphins have been "elevated" to the NRL, but instead of one less team in the Qld Cup, a new Dolphins have been created for the Qld Cup (they would have won the State Cup had it not been for some sleight of hand bumping some players into the NRL for a couple of games which caused the under-strength Dolphins Qld Cup version to loose)

If the Broncos win their last two games, they win the Minor Premiership.  If they loose next week after winning this week, then the Panthers are in with a chance.

The Panther's goal kicker Nathan Cleary suffered a broken or dislocated shoulder, so I'm guessing he's out for the rest of the season.  (and he's a near perfect goal kicker too)
legendary
I agree that the grand final could very likely be the Panthers v Broncos but yea
it will be knockout stage so anything can happen...

Look at the first game of this round Panthers v Eels, before this game I had the
Eels totally written off... But why would I think that the Eels who indeed fumbled plenty
of games this season be any match for a fairly steady Panthers team because they
went ahead and thumped the Panthers Huh

Panthers 18 - 32 Panthers

Broncos can probably go to #1 this weekend

What do you mean by a manufactured team?

We need to do something for the RWC - 2 weeks away now!

Also tomorrow and for this weekend there are another traunch of internationals
taking place, I suppose they are beneficial to have the teams match ready for the
World Cup
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Have you picked your outright winner yet?
I'm guessing you want the Broncos crowned champions!

Not really - I think it'll very likely be a Panthers Vs Broncos Grand Final.  Either one could win.  Until about a year ago I wasn't a fan of the Broncos given it was a manufactured team - same with the Melbourne Storm (where no one plays League).  Out of the two it's very hard to say who will win.  A part of me is thinking the Broncos with very solid wins (but the same can be said for the Panthers)

Tonight is a replay last year's Grand final with the Panthers and Eels facing off.  The Eels have fumbled a couple of times this year, so it's likely they won't win tonight (but if they do it'll be yet another boil over)

Top 4 - very difficult to choose.  The Raiders, Storm and Sharks have their work cut out to make 4th spot.
legendary
Looking at the ladder I think there are just too many points between the Panthers and Broncos
for there to be a change, the Panthers will certainly take top spot. Panthers have a better D.

Next 2 rounds favour the Panthers too, they play 11th place Eels and then 9th placed
Cowboys and the Bronchos have to play 6th place Raiders and 4th placed Storm!

I agree with your top 6 and potentially your top 4.

Have you picked your outright winner yet?
I'm guessing you want the Broncos crowned champions!
Activity: 377
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
I tend to favour the teams who are top of the ladder, or, who have the shorter odds on the various websites I place crypto bets on.  In saying that, I will go against the grain if I have a feeling one team will do better against another in-spite what the bookies say.

With just two weeks of the regular series left in the NRL, both the Panthers and Broncos are tied on 40 points so it'll go down to the last game of the last week to decide the minor premiership.  The crypto betting sites favour the Panthers over the Broncos by nearly five to one.

To make the top four, I think the (Sydney) Panthers, (Brisbane) Broncos, (Auckland) Warriors, (Canberra) Raiders and (Melbourne) Storm PLUS the (Cronulla (Sydney)) Sharks will be the top six with any one of the latter three taking out the coveted fourth place.
legendary
If the Broncos and Warriors can do it any other team can do it. The Tigers need to work on
their defense I think and they are able to score but yea no harm working on attack too.

UNION Internationals

All the favourites won yesterday:
Georgia
South Africa
Ireland
Italy
and France

Italy beat 57 - 7 thats a massive win, I thought Timelord that your +35.5 bet on Romania
was safe but that was a very poor outing by Romania, they only scored a penalty try and picked
up a red card too.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yeh, I guess I'm going to have to sign up with them sooner or later.

I was text following both the Wests Tigers men's and Roosters Women's games side by side on my computer screen. The ladies was a straightforward one sided affair while the Dolphins and Tigers was a blow by blow even afair.

Hopefully next year the Tigers moral will build up after knocking off a couple of big guns this season.
legendary
Yes, the Warriors are serious grand final contenders (never thought I'd say that) with their emphatic win overnight putting them in third on the ladder. In the later game, the Eels scored in the first eight minutes, then were pummeled by six unanswered tries going down 12 - 34 against the later blooming Roosters who I picked. I may end up with a parlay payout after all.

This after, the money is on wooden spoon tigers to beat the Dolphins who I'm backing at $3.30

Yes well done the Warriors but they couldnt make the +11 points for my bet! anyway along
with the Broncos they are both the teams of the season regardless of a grand final appearance.

Wests Tigers v Dolphins - its just finished and on the 76th minute to be able to kick that pressure
penalty kick to win 24-23 is fantastic. They have ran some teams very close this season
but come up short.

In the Rugby Internationals, the only Georgia Vs USA bet I could find was USA +28.5 @ $1.85 and

Italy Vs Romania +35.5 on Romania at $ 1.87

If you go onto ROLLBIT they have the matches listed!

Georgia and Italy are indeed big favourites, the only way to back them is by handicap.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yes, the Warriors are serious grand final contenders (never thought I'd say that) with their emphatic win overnight putting them in third on the ladder. In the later game, the Eels scored in the first eight minutes, then were pummeled by six unanswered tries going down 12 - 34 against the later blooming Roosters who I picked. I may end up with a parlay payout after all.

This after, the money is on wooden spoon tigers to beat the Dolphins who I'm backing at $3.30

Also this afternoon are three of the NRLWomen's games.

In half an hour the Cowgirls take on the Sharks. I'm backing the Cowgirls who are ahead on points. Later, the Tigresses take on the Dragonets. Same again I'm backing the Tigresses . Similarly, I'm going for the Hens over the Titans.

Tomorrow, the Maidens will ride rough over the Fillies then in game five, the Raiders will turn the Eels into sushi.

In the Rugby Internationals, the only Georgia Vs USA bet I could find was USA +28.5 @ $1.85 and

Italy Vs Romania +35.5 on Romania at $ 1.87

Go the the Matilda's and England in the FIFA WWC!
legendary
NRL

2 games scheduled today, I'm betting on only 1 though - The Warriors to beat the Sea Eagles
with a handicap of -10.5 to get some value @ 1.62 the Warriors ML is 1.2. I have to try and
make something of my abysmal NRL season!

I'm gonna skip the seemingly evenly matched Eels v Roosters, 10th v 11th, both have a
lot to play for, Roosters are favourites though at 1.66 and I see Timelord you are backing them.

Havent yet decided who I'll back tomorrow and Sunday...
legendary
In a couple of hours, the 2023 FIFA women's semi final is on with co-host nation Australia staring down their English counterparts.  Go the Matilda's!

snip

Rugby Internationals.

Wales - South Africa 20 Aug 2023 00:15 Money Line South Africa @ 1.31 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.066 mBTC
Ireland - England 20 Aug 2023 02:30 Money Line Ireland @ 1.10 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.055 mBTC
France - Fiji 20 Aug 2023 05:05 Money Line France @ 1.06 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.053 mBTC

I'm gong with the three favorites: Ireland, South Africa and France.  The forth game has suspended odds unless you want to bet on a $10+ long shot.

Ah unforunately the Australian women were beaten by England! thats a pity, it would have been
such a great acheivement for the host nation to reach the final.

So yea some Rugby internationals coming up on Saturday and you are right to go for the favourites.
Italy play Romania which could be quite an interesting game. In terms of world rankings Romania
are only 6 places behind Italy in 19th spot so this could be a real test for both teams, I wouldnt
like to be betting on it though.

Funnily enough as with the first round of games there is very little talk here about these, come
closer to the RWC and t will be all Rugby here in Ireland.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
In a couple of hours, the 2023 FIFA women's semi final is on with co-host nation Australia staring down their English counterparts.  Go the Matilda's!

Round 25 of the NRL (M) 2023 competition is almost upon us.  The Sharks are less favoured than the Coyboys, but I'm thinking the Sharks will try to deny the Coyboys entry into the top eight - even though they themselves won't go onto the finals.

North Queensland Cowboys - Cronulla Sharks 17 Aug 2023 19:50 Money Line Cronulla Sharks @ 2.37 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.119 mBTC
New Zealand Warriors - Manly Sea Eagles 18 Aug 2023 18:00 Money Line New Zealand Warriors @ 1.23 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.062 mBTC
Parramatta Eels - Sydney Roosters 18 Aug 2023 20:00 Money Line Sydney Roosters @ 1.58 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.079 mBTC
Gold Coast Titans - Penrith Panthers 19 Aug 2023 17:30 Money Line Penrith Panthers @ 1.06 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.053 mBTC
St George/Illawarra Dragons - Melbourne Storm 19 Aug 2023 19:35 Money Line Melbourne Storm @ 1.14 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.057 mBTC
Newcastle Knights - South Sydney Rabbitohs 20 Aug 2023 14:00 Money Line South Sydney Rabbitohs @ 1.72 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.086 mBTC
Canberra Raiders - Canterbury Bulldogs 20 Aug 2023 16:05 Money Line Canberra Raiders @ 1.33 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.067 mBTC

I've also bet on the Dolphins @ $3.30 Vs The Tigers at $ 1.60 - Hopefully it's the Men's team, not the Women's tigers.

Rugby Internationals.

Wales - South Africa 20 Aug 2023 00:15 Money Line South Africa @ 1.31 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.066 mBTC
Ireland - England 20 Aug 2023 02:30 Money Line Ireland @ 1.10 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.055 mBTC
France - Fiji 20 Aug 2023 05:05 Money Line France @ 1.06 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.053 mBTC

I'm gong with the three favorites: Ireland, South Africa and France.  The forth game has suspended odds unless you want to bet on a $10+ long shot.
Pages:
Jump to: