Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 22. (Read 13605 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
Looking at the ladder I think there are just too many points between the Panthers and Broncos
for there to be a change, the Panthers will certainly take top spot. Panthers have a better D.

Next 2 rounds favour the Panthers too, they play 11th place Eels and then 9th placed
Cowboys and the Bronchos have to play 6th place Raiders and 4th placed Storm!

I agree with your top 6 and potentially your top 4.

Have you picked your outright winner yet?
I'm guessing you want the Broncos crowned champions!
Activity: 377
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
I tend to favour the teams who are top of the ladder, or, who have the shorter odds on the various websites I place crypto bets on.  In saying that, I will go against the grain if I have a feeling one team will do better against another in-spite what the bookies say.

With just two weeks of the regular series left in the NRL, both the Panthers and Broncos are tied on 40 points so it'll go down to the last game of the last week to decide the minor premiership.  The crypto betting sites favour the Panthers over the Broncos by nearly five to one.

To make the top four, I think the (Sydney) Panthers, (Brisbane) Broncos, (Auckland) Warriors, (Canberra) Raiders and (Melbourne) Storm PLUS the (Cronulla (Sydney)) Sharks will be the top six with any one of the latter three taking out the coveted fourth place.
legendary
If the Broncos and Warriors can do it any other team can do it. The Tigers need to work on
their defense I think and they are able to score but yea no harm working on attack too.

UNION Internationals

All the favourites won yesterday:
Georgia
South Africa
Ireland
Italy
and France

Italy beat 57 - 7 thats a massive win, I thought Timelord that your +35.5 bet on Romania
was safe but that was a very poor outing by Romania, they only scored a penalty try and picked
up a red card too.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yeh, I guess I'm going to have to sign up with them sooner or later.

I was text following both the Wests Tigers men's and Roosters Women's games side by side on my computer screen. The ladies was a straightforward one sided affair while the Dolphins and Tigers was a blow by blow even afair.

Hopefully next year the Tigers moral will build up after knocking off a couple of big guns this season.
legendary
Yes, the Warriors are serious grand final contenders (never thought I'd say that) with their emphatic win overnight putting them in third on the ladder. In the later game, the Eels scored in the first eight minutes, then were pummeled by six unanswered tries going down 12 - 34 against the later blooming Roosters who I picked. I may end up with a parlay payout after all.

This after, the money is on wooden spoon tigers to beat the Dolphins who I'm backing at $3.30

Yes well done the Warriors but they couldnt make the +11 points for my bet! anyway along
with the Broncos they are both the teams of the season regardless of a grand final appearance.

Wests Tigers v Dolphins - its just finished and on the 76th minute to be able to kick that pressure
penalty kick to win 24-23 is fantastic. They have ran some teams very close this season
but come up short.

In the Rugby Internationals, the only Georgia Vs USA bet I could find was USA +28.5 @ $1.85 and

Italy Vs Romania +35.5 on Romania at $ 1.87

If you go onto ROLLBIT they have the matches listed!

Georgia and Italy are indeed big favourites, the only way to back them is by handicap.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yes, the Warriors are serious grand final contenders (never thought I'd say that) with their emphatic win overnight putting them in third on the ladder. In the later game, the Eels scored in the first eight minutes, then were pummeled by six unanswered tries going down 12 - 34 against the later blooming Roosters who I picked. I may end up with a parlay payout after all.

This after, the money is on wooden spoon tigers to beat the Dolphins who I'm backing at $3.30

Also this afternoon are three of the NRLWomen's games.

In half an hour the Cowgirls take on the Sharks. I'm backing the Cowgirls who are ahead on points. Later, the Tigresses take on the Dragonets. Same again I'm backing the Tigresses . Similarly, I'm going for the Hens over the Titans.

Tomorrow, the Maidens will ride rough over the Fillies then in game five, the Raiders will turn the Eels into sushi.

In the Rugby Internationals, the only Georgia Vs USA bet I could find was USA +28.5 @ $1.85 and

Italy Vs Romania +35.5 on Romania at $ 1.87

Go the the Matilda's and England in the FIFA WWC!
legendary
NRL

2 games scheduled today, I'm betting on only 1 though - The Warriors to beat the Sea Eagles
with a handicap of -10.5 to get some value @ 1.62 the Warriors ML is 1.2. I have to try and
make something of my abysmal NRL season!

I'm gonna skip the seemingly evenly matched Eels v Roosters, 10th v 11th, both have a
lot to play for, Roosters are favourites though at 1.66 and I see Timelord you are backing them.

Havent yet decided who I'll back tomorrow and Sunday...
legendary
In a couple of hours, the 2023 FIFA women's semi final is on with co-host nation Australia staring down their English counterparts.  Go the Matilda's!

snip

Rugby Internationals.

Wales - South Africa 20 Aug 2023 00:15 Money Line South Africa @ 1.31 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.066 mBTC
Ireland - England 20 Aug 2023 02:30 Money Line Ireland @ 1.10 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.055 mBTC
France - Fiji 20 Aug 2023 05:05 Money Line France @ 1.06 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.053 mBTC

I'm gong with the three favorites: Ireland, South Africa and France.  The forth game has suspended odds unless you want to bet on a $10+ long shot.

Ah unforunately the Australian women were beaten by England! thats a pity, it would have been
such a great acheivement for the host nation to reach the final.

So yea some Rugby internationals coming up on Saturday and you are right to go for the favourites.
Italy play Romania which could be quite an interesting game. In terms of world rankings Romania
are only 6 places behind Italy in 19th spot so this could be a real test for both teams, I wouldnt
like to be betting on it though.

Funnily enough as with the first round of games there is very little talk here about these, come
closer to the RWC and t will be all Rugby here in Ireland.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
In a couple of hours, the 2023 FIFA women's semi final is on with co-host nation Australia staring down their English counterparts.  Go the Matilda's!

Round 25 of the NRL (M) 2023 competition is almost upon us.  The Sharks are less favoured than the Coyboys, but I'm thinking the Sharks will try to deny the Coyboys entry into the top eight - even though they themselves won't go onto the finals.

North Queensland Cowboys - Cronulla Sharks 17 Aug 2023 19:50 Money Line Cronulla Sharks @ 2.37 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.119 mBTC
New Zealand Warriors - Manly Sea Eagles 18 Aug 2023 18:00 Money Line New Zealand Warriors @ 1.23 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.062 mBTC
Parramatta Eels - Sydney Roosters 18 Aug 2023 20:00 Money Line Sydney Roosters @ 1.58 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.079 mBTC
Gold Coast Titans - Penrith Panthers 19 Aug 2023 17:30 Money Line Penrith Panthers @ 1.06 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.053 mBTC
St George/Illawarra Dragons - Melbourne Storm 19 Aug 2023 19:35 Money Line Melbourne Storm @ 1.14 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.057 mBTC
Newcastle Knights - South Sydney Rabbitohs 20 Aug 2023 14:00 Money Line South Sydney Rabbitohs @ 1.72 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.086 mBTC
Canberra Raiders - Canterbury Bulldogs 20 Aug 2023 16:05 Money Line Canberra Raiders @ 1.33 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.067 mBTC

I've also bet on the Dolphins @ $3.30 Vs The Tigers at $ 1.60 - Hopefully it's the Men's team, not the Women's tigers.

Rugby Internationals.

Wales - South Africa 20 Aug 2023 00:15 Money Line South Africa @ 1.31 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.066 mBTC
Ireland - England 20 Aug 2023 02:30 Money Line Ireland @ 1.10 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.055 mBTC
France - Fiji 20 Aug 2023 05:05 Money Line France @ 1.06 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.053 mBTC

I'm gong with the three favorites: Ireland, South Africa and France.  The forth game has suspended odds unless you want to bet on a $10+ long shot.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I can't see there being very many changes of position on the ladder for the remainder of the regular season.

Panthers, Broncos, Warriors are the top three.  Either Canberra or the Sharks will take out the fourth spot, but I can't see any of the remaining top eight spots changing.

While I've been saying the Sharks have been quiet achievers this season, they fumbled in some crucial games and probably won't make the Grand final, or if they do, it's be similar to the Eels drubbing last year.

This just in from the NRL website: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/07/26/squeeze-play-the-six-week-pressure-test-to-be-part-of-finals/

Three weeks, three spots, no room for error in semi-final scramble

Author     Martin Lenehan NRL Senior Journalist  Timestamp     Tue 15 Aug 2023, 10:38 AM

As if keeping their season alive wasn't motivation enough for the ninth-placed Cowboys, the chance to deliver club legend Jason Taumalolo a win in career game No.250 should have them walking tall in front of the Townsville faithful on Thursday night.

A member of the Cowboys' 2015 premiership side, the hugely respected Taumalolo will become just the fourth man to play 250 games for North Queensland alongside Johnathan Thurston (294), Matt Bowen (270) and Matt Scott (268).

Still going as strong as ever 13 years after making his NRL debut, Taumalolo averages 149 metres per game in 2023 and will need every bit of that and more if the Cowboys are to roll the Sharks and join them on 30 competition points in the process.

"It only feels like yesterday I was playing alongside those guys ['JT' and Scott and Bowen] and now they are retired and I’m that guy that all the younger ones are looking up to," Taumalolo told media on Monday.

"It's a pretty surreal moment for me, it's a big achievement to play 250. I guess I'm officially an old-timer now and I'm pretty proud of what I've done.

"Being able to represent the people of North Queensland means a lot to me so to go out there and do it for the 250th time is everything to me."

Locked in a six-way struggle for places 6-8 on the ladder, the Cowboys have two away matches against the Dolphins and Panthers to round out their season so Thursday could be the last chance their devoted fans have to show their support.

Having made it all the way to a preliminary final last year only to be eliminated by the Eels, the prospect of missing the top eight in 2023 doesn't sit well with Taumalolo, who has played finals in eight of his 13 seasons as a Cowboy.

"We're in a position where we have to win all our games but I’m confident in the team we have and we're going to train hard and come up with a good game plan to take on the Sharks," Taumalolo said.

"We're coming off a bye week and a lot of the boys needed a bit of a freshen up so we have come in mentally and physically ready to play Thursday... we know what's on the line."

Two other sides with plenty on the line are the Eels and Roosters - one coming off a horror defeat compounded by an injury to their star playmaker, the other coming off back-to-back wins and set to welcome back a gifted halfback for his first game since Round 7.

Use the NRL's ladder predictor tool to predict the eight finals teams

Mitchell Moses' fractured eye socket added injury to insult as the Eels copped a 54-10 belting from the Broncos at The Gabba, leaving last year's grand finalists teetering in 10th place.

Sam Walker's 80-minute hit-out in NSW Cup showed he was ready to step back into the spotlight for the Roosters after recovering from an ACL sprain.

A finals appearance looked a forlorn hope for the Roosters just a fortnight ago after a loss to the Broncos saw them slump to 14th but consecutive wins over the Sea Eagles and Dolphins have lifted spirits and lifted them three places to 11th.

"It is what it is, you get what you deserve in footy and sometimes things don't go the way you want so just keep fighting now and hopefully we can sneak in there," said Roosters five-eighth Luke Keary, who celebrated his 200th NRL game in Round 24.

"It's not over and I feel like we are playing some good footy. I haven't really looked at the scenarios [on the ladder], hopefully we can just win and climb up there.

"I think we won eight or nine in a row to finish last year so we know we've got it in us, we just get the boys healthy and go one little step at a time and hopefully things fall into place."

The Roosters' proud record of playing finals in nine of the past 10 seasons serves as a great motivator for Trent Robinson's men as they prepare to confront the Eels, West Tigers and Rabbitohs in their last three games.

Losses to the Dolphins and Dragons earlier in the season may come back to bite them but this is a club accustomed to success and one that won't bow out without a fight.

So much to play for, so much to play out… so buckle up for a wild three-week ride as six teams slug it out for three finals spots.
Locked in for September

Panthers, 38 pts (+289)
    Broncos, 38 pts (+213)
    Warriors, 34 pts (+129)
    Storm, 32 pts (+127)
    Sharks, 30 pts (+110)

The battle for sixth to eighth
Currently 6th: Raiders 30 pts (-120)

Rd 25 v Bulldogs (h)
    Rd 26 v Broncos (h)
    Rd 27 v Sharks (a)

Currently 7th: Knights 29 pts (+110)

Rd 25 v Rabbitohs (h)
    Rd 26 v Sharks (h)
    Rd 27 v Dragons (a)

Currently 8th: Rabbitohs 28 pts (+92)

Rd 25 v Knights (a)
    Rd 26 BYE
    Rd 27 v Roosters (h)

Currently 9th: Cowboys 28 pts (+32)

Rd 25 v Sharks (h)
    Rd 26 v Dolphins (a)
    Rd 27 v Panthers (a)

Currently 10th: Eels 26 pts (+21)

Rd 25 v Roosters (h)
    Rd 26 v Panthers (a)
    Rd 27 BYE

Currently 11th: Roosters 26 pts (-84)

Rd 25 v Eels (a)
    Rd 26 v Wests Tigers (h)
    Rd 27 v Rabbitohs (a)

[/i]
legendary
Not bad at all Timelord!

In the NRL teh Wests Tigers had a good day out yesterday against the Warriors by my reconing,
they lost but didnt get trounced, 12-16 at half time and 22-30 in the end. On more than a handful
of times they have lost by 6 points or less and are able to score but yea not a great defense,
are they performing better than last season overall?

We know they wont be relegated but I would like to see them doing better next year.

The Rabbitohs did make it into the top 8 with this round, and the Knights are up to 7th.
3 rounds left!!

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The NRLW Tigers got beaten by the Cowgirls which was my only incorrect pick of the six games played today.

The NRLW Raiders won by just one point in a low scoring game which would have been the game of the day to watch. The other games looked to be text book wins for the teams I'd predicted would win.
legendary
I actually didnt do any bets this round on the NRL.

I was kind of interested in the Broncos v Eels when I was eying up the draws for this weekend,
was wondering if the Broncos would fall to an Eels late season push, but most definitely NO!
Great win 54 - 10.

Regarding the ladder positions - Rabbitohs are cutting it fine to get into 8th, both themselves
and the Knights have easy draws so the positions should remain as they are now, Knights 8th
and Rabbitohs 9th. This is the interesting part coming to the end of the regular draw to see who
makes it into the finals.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
With the season quickly coming to an end, the Manly Sea Eagles will be looking to claw their way into the top eight with a win against ladder leaders the Panthers starting in about four hours.

As expected, the Panthers won 24 - 12 keeping the Sea Eagles in the lower half of the ladder for another week.

As with the Dolphins, the Sea Eagles must win every last game this regular season. Otherwise, they'll both be out of the semifinals this year.

The NRLW games are three on Saturday followed by two on Sunday.

I'll post my bets here tomorrow along with the two men's games.

The Sharks should maul the Titans prior to the Broncos trampling the Eels. (The early game starts in two hours, the latter in four).

Tomorrow morning, the NRLW Raiders should out play the Dragonets. then at lunchtime, the Cowgirls should be mauled by the Tigreeses. Mid-afternoon the Broncos should make sushi of the Eels.

Later still in the men's games:

The Bunnies will be hoping to propel themselves into the top eight with a comfortable win against the Dragons. Then tomorrow late afternoon the Warriors should hunt down the Tigers. And finally, in the evening, The Roosters will be looking to keep the Dolphins languishing in the shallow waters.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Dolphins by two after scoring in the 74th minute then flubbed at full time.

Likewise, the Tigers at full time should have dived over the try line. Instead, the tried to pass and it was intercepted.

The Knight's win against the Dolohins and the Sharks mauling of the Rabbitohs we're my only two losses, so six from eight wasn't too bad.

The Rabbitohs, Eels and Cowboys are vieing for eighth place, but the top seven should remain unchanged from this point on.
legendary
Jeez, very close couple of games, Dolphins losing by 2 points and Dragons only by 6!

Rugby Union Internationals

Couple of unpredictable wins by my reckoning yesterday, I didnt get to see any of the games,
had visitors over so wasnt going to be sitting on front of the T.V

Anyway here are the 'shockers' IMO but realistically there is nothing at stake in these games
and teams will/should be playing different players than the 1st team lads.

Scotland beating France 25 - 21- big comeback by Scotland to beat the WC hosts

Wales beating England 20 - 9 - its more a surprise that England only managed to score
9 points and no try's

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yeh, I've given the Dolphins the benefit of the doubt all season, but it's time to face facts the Knights made sushi out of them in a very close finishing game then the Sharks mauled the Rabbitohs.

At least the All Black's kept the Australian's at bay in Dunedin to take the lead two nil.

The other men's league games turned out as expected.
legendary
The Cowboys v Broncos are playing currently and surprise surprise its the Broncos winning!

3 other games to follow:

Dolphins v knights - I cant see the Dolphins winning, I think their good form from earlier in the
year is gone, the Knights will be too strong for them so I'm backing the Knights.

Its the Rabbitohs v Sharks following its 6th place v 7th and the Rabbitohs are favourites, I'm staying
away from this one, too close for my liking.

After those its Eels v Dragons - no value there on the winners.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The Auckland Warriors and the Penrith Panthers comfortably won their games (after trailing early, the Panthers poured three tries on before half time then kept Melbourne at bay).

Interestingly Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Melbourne and Canberra make up the top five on the ladder. Some years it'll be e.g. two Sydney teams in the top four or five spots.
legendary
The favourites yesterday were the Roosters but the Sea Eagles had a better season compared,
so a detailed analysis of team sheets, injuries and what not had the bookies on the stronger team.

Mens NRL is 27 rounds
Womens NRL is 9 rounds

Rugby Union - I not sure about the up coming internationals, I mean is there merit
in the teams playing each other who would regularly compete with each other? would it not
be better for Ireland to play Japan or Argentina to play Italy for example. Maybe these games
are a chance to try new plays, new players etc.?
Pages:
Jump to: