Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 23. (Read 13605 times)

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
I've seen *some* NRLW games and the women slam into each other no differently to the men who would probably be a little more cautious about body contact if playing against their female counterparts.

Having said that, I think the women aren't trying to drag out game play by turning back and trying to get through another way. Same with the women's passing of the ball. The modern NRL/W scrum is a poor shadow of it's former self with the women echoing the men.

The Roosters thumped the Sea Eagles 26 - 16 in a one sided game tonight. (usual send off etc) Both teams are trying to claw back into the top eight before it is too late.  A win for the Sea Eagles would have seen them jump up to umm, sixth temporarily with their one point tied score early in the season.

Round 3 of the 2023 NRLW got off to a flying start with the Roosters plucking the Dragons 30 - 0.

Tomorrow night, the Cowgirls should thump the Broncets before the Titans beat the Sharks.  Then, on Sunday, bottom of the ladder Eels will be skinned and broiled by the 4th placed Knights.  Then the in form Tigresses should fend off the Raiders.

On the other channel, the Rugby Internationals play again this weekend with game two of the Bledisloe Cup occurring in under 22 hours.  New Zealand are again expected to thump the Aussies.

England and Wales go head to head.  Scotland should beat France who have pulled out of hosting the 2024 International (there's a whisper Aus/NZ might host it similar to the Fifa Women's underway at the moment).

Samoa and Japan should beat Tonga and Fiji.  Ireland should comfortably beat Italy and the last game of the weekend sees upcoming Argentina take on South Africa.

Last year there were 25 week's of the Men's NRL competition and just 5 weeks in the Women's.  With one new team in the Mens and four new teams in the Women's comp, I expect there will be an additional week or two added on.  (I must hunt that info down)
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
yea, I dont know what I was thinking last week by thinking week 22 was the last week,
I was checking it on the NRL website and couldnt forward to wk 23 so I thought 22 was
the last . . . silly, I know

Anyway, tonight/tomorrow - I agree that the Sea Eagles should do a job on the Roosters
but the Roosters are actualy favourite??? on ROLLBIT they are 1.56 against 2.60 for
the Sea Eagles, thats a great price for who we think is going to win Huh

Just kidding... The Women's West's Tigers are top of the NELW ladder after two weeks while the Men are bottom of the ladder.

Now a Canberra Mens Vs Tiger's Women's match might be interesting...

Imagine the women beat the men?

As an aside >>>

When myself and my Duth friend were watching the womens World Cup game between Ireland
and Canada and in the 4th minute Katie McCabe of Ireland scored a goal froma corner kick,
he said " that would never happen in the mens game, the keeper would have saved it, the women
goalkeepers are shorter and the posts are the same size!"

So is the womens NRL game a little skewed? IDK or maybe some governing bodies place more emphasis
on te womens game than others?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I think the NRL has another three weeks then top eight for a couple of rounds then semis top four then the grand final. I'll be home tomorrow and check for certain.

In any event, tomorrow evening , the Sea Eagles should tar and feather the Roosters. Friday, the Warriors and Panthers should knock over the Titans and Storm (the later should be worth watching)  Saturday, the Broncos and Rabbitohs (and I'm going down with the Dolphins sinking aspirations) then Sunday, the Eels over the Dragons before the Canberra Raiders under tens take on the West's Tigers with a fifty point head start.

Just kidding... The Women's West's Tigers are top of the NELW ladder after two weeks while the Men are bottom of the ladder.

Now a Canberra Mens Vs Tiger's Women's match might be interesting...
legendary
Long long time without seeing several minutes of a Rugby match, Really well played the second half by Argentina losing only by one point and because the Argentinian team doesnt score the conversion, plus the last try of South AFrica comes from an error of Argentina.

Asides of the lose, really hopeful game for us, we play really good Rugby today.

Only one sad note about Williams from South Africa, going out of the game at 10 second of started.

ah yes that was a game of small margins, not making the conversion is a killer in
this kind of game, could have won then even with conceding another score.
Positive for Argentina as you say.

In the mens NRL the Dolphins lost out by 1 point, still its another loss.

Titans v Cowboys is playing now with the Cowboys leading in the first half,
IMO this could go either way, eventhough the Cowboys have dragged themselves
into the top 8 I'm not confident they can stay there.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 953
Long long time without seeing several minutes of a Rugby match, Really well played the second half by Argentina losing only by one point and because the Argentinian team doesnt score the conversion, plus the last try of South AFrica comes from an error of Argentina.

Asides of the lose, really hopeful game for us, we play really good Rugby today.

Only one sad note about Williams from South Africa, going out of the game at 10 second of started.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
NRLM 2023

Newcastle have taken an early leed against the Raiders 14 - 0 after 24 minutes. The Raiders are five points and five positions ahead of the Knights on the ladder so on paper at least they should win (but they are on the back foot as half time approaches)

Later, I'm expecting Manly Sea Eagles to win over Saint George on the back of Manly's win last round. The Panthers should evade the Sharks who might be top four material, but won't win the Premiership.

Tomorrow, the Dolphins should overcome the Bulldogs snapping at their heals fins while the Townsville Cowboys should overcome the Gold Coast Titans.

In the NRLW the Raiders beat the Roosters 24 - 14 (my money would have been on the Hens)  In the game underway
After 30 minutes, the Dragonets are leading the Eels 8 - 4 (Money would have been on the Dragonets)

In the Rugby Championship tonight, New Zealand will probably trounce Australia while tomorrow Argentina are the underdogs against South Africa.

If they win it'll be almost as big a boilover as the impending Ireland Vs Nigeria Women's FIFA Soccer match. Depending on the score Australia will move into the semis if Ireland wins by two points.

The BBC World Service have been gushing over the Moroccan team, so I've put a small wager on them against South Korea,.

New Zealand against Switzerland, Argentina over Sweden. Morocco over Columbia.
legendary
^
Obviously the Broncos gave been very consistent so far in the tournament so today was only
going to result in a Broncos win really.

Tomorrow its going to be a win for both the Rabbitohs and Storm thats where my bets are at.

The Eels and Rabbitohs are fighting it out separately to grab and retain that 8th spot with
this being the last round to get into the finals!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
As expected, the Broncos beat the Roosters 32 - 10 last night.  Tonight, the Rabbitohs should humble the Tigers once again then the Storm and Eels should be the clash of the day with the Storm probably beating the Eels in a close match.

In the NRLW - The Titans@ beat the BroncosW 17 - 16 in what looks to have been a very close match, so I would have been two from two if I'd bet on the Women's game.  The TitansW move to first on the ladder while the BroncosW drops to 9th (second from the bottom of the Women's Comp.
legendary
And then it only took the Titans 16 to get their score... and then ran in another 4 try's in 12
minutes and at half time it was 18-16! I didnt bet on that game.

...or todays games, I was thinking of backing the Sharks, luckily I procrastinated, they
are being hammered, its currently 0 - 24!

On the Womens side, wins for Titans, Knights, Roosters, Wests Tigers and Sharks.

4 out of 5 is a great return, good picks Timelord!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
My picks for the NRL Women's seem to be in line with the money already on these teams:

Titans Vs Cowgirls - I'm going with the Titans.
Maidens Vs Dragons - The Maidens will slay the dragons
Fillies Vs Hens - Nothing to crow about 'cause I'm going with the Hens.
Eels Vs Tigresses - The Eels will prove too slipery
Sharks Vs Amazons - The Sharks will maul the southern raiders.

Hopfully I get home in time to register on Rollbit and get some bets placed on these teams.

As always, screen grabs courtesy nrl.com | tab.com.au | nitrobetting.eu (and soon to be rollbit)

The men's game finished 36 - 18 to the Roosters while the Maidens slaughtered the Dragonets 32 - 16

Three minutes!

THREE MINUTES!!!

That's all it took for the Storm to smash the Knights!

legendary
I can confirm  ROLLBIT have a book open now on the Womens NRL.
First game up and running and there is also a live feed!

Whatever about the Mens NRL I know nothing about the womens game.

On the mens game, great wins by the Warriors by 1 point over the Raiders and big
statement win by the Broncos to tell everyone they are going the full distance
and not going away in the latter part of the regular competition. Very happy
for both!

Interesting game later - Cowboys v Eels ... two top teams from last year play each other
mainly at this stage to scrape themselves inside the top 8 to kind of salvage something
from their season, I'm definitely staying away from yhat one

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
My picks for the NRL Women's seem to be in line with the money already on these teams:

Titans Vs Cowgirls - I'm going with the Titans.
Maidens Vs Dragons - The Maidens will slay the dragons
Fillies Vs Hens - Nothing to crow about 'cause I'm going with the Hens.
Eels Vs Tigresses - The Eels will prove too slipery
Sharks Vs Amazons - The Sharks will maul the southern raiders.

Hopfully I get home in time to register on Rollbit and get some bets placed on these teams.

As always, screen grabs courtesy nrl.com | tab.com.au | nitrobetting.eu (and soon to be rollbit)
legendary
I just checked again on ROLLBIT for the Womens NRL and its still just outrights
which are listed with 2 days to go!

For tomorrows games I'll be betting on the Warriors I think, although I dont think I have
ever backed the Raiders, they are filling the gap from the lack lustre Eels, Roosters and Rabbitohs.

And Rabbitohs v Bronchos, I'll probably back the Broncos, I'm a bit surprised to see them
as underdogs TBH.

Womens World Cup

Australia are big favourites to beat the Irish Minnows who are at their first WC.

There is a lot of talk over here and a bit of a buzz for it, I hope they do well!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I agree the days of collecting wooden spoons year after year need to come to an end.

NRL 2023 Round 21.

I'll go with the Dragons tonight who are the more favoured team.  The Warriors are starting to look like they may be final four material.  The Broncos need this win - I think the Rabbitohs came off the boil too soon, but it should be a good game.  The Titans have had bursts of potential so I'm going with them over the Roosters who seem to be underachievers this season. The Storm will take some of the shine off of the knight's suit of armour.  Again I'm going with the less favoured team out of the Cowboys and the Eels and the Sharks will devour the Sea Eagles in another close game.  Wagers placed via NitroBetting   Grin

St George/Illawarra Dragons - Wests Tigers 20 Jul 2023 19:50 Money Line St George/Illawarra Dragons @ 1.63 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.163 mBTC
New Zealand Warriors - Canberra Raiders 21 Jul 2023 18:00 Money Line New Zealand Warriors @ 1.43 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.143 mBTC
South Sydney Rabbitohs - Brisbane Broncos 21 Jul 2023 20:00 Money Line Brisbane Broncos @ 2.18 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.218 mBTC
Gold Coast Titans - Sydney Roosters 22 Jul 2023 15:00 Money Line Gold Coast Titans @ 2.18 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.218 mBTC
Newcastle Knights - Melbourne Storm 22 Jul 2023 17:30 Money Line Melbourne Storm @ 1.34 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.134 mBTC
North Queensland Cowboys - Parramatta Eels 22 Jul 2023 19:35 Money Line Parramatta Eels @ 2.76 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.276 mBTC
Cronulla Sharks - Manly Sea Eagles 23 Jul 2023 16:05 Money Line Cronulla Sharks @ 1.38 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.138 mBTC

Having byes this week: The Dolphins who are floundering at 15th place which all but rules them out of the top eight much less the minor or major premierships.

Round 1 of the "expanded" Women's NRL Kicks off on Saturday with two new teams entering the competition.

I'll have to look at last year's ladder before I make any predictions.  The Women's Broncos (Fillies) are something of a powerhouse.  I may well have to sign up for your betting site so that I can place bets on them.

In the Rugby Championship next weekend, I'm going with Australia against arch rivals New Zealand and then Argentina over much favoured South Africa.

Australia - New Zealand 29 Jul 2023 19:45 Money Line Australia @ 4.46 Taken Amount: 0.04 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.178 mBTC
South Africa - Argentina 30 Jul 2023 01:05 Money Line Argentina @ 7.96 Taken Amount: 0.04 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.318 mBTC

Glutton for punishment: Australia - New Zealand 29 Jul 2023 19:45 Money Line Australia @ 4.46 South Africa - Argentina 30 Jul 2023 01:05 Money Line Argentina @ 7.96 Taken Amount: 0.04 mBTC Possible Payout: 1.42 mBTC

In other news, the Matilda's kick off the Fifa Women's world cup against the Republic of Ireland tonight here in Australia in front of an audience of nearly 90,000 fans.

New Zealand - Norway 20 Jul 2023 17:00 Match Winner New Zealand @ 8.20 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.82 mBTC (had intended to make that 0.05)
Australia - Ireland Republic 20 Jul 2023 20:00 Match Winner Australia @ 1.28 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.128 mBTC
Italy - Argentina 24 Jul 2023 16:00 Match Winner Argentina @ 5.40 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.27 mBTC

It's always hard to know whether or not to choose win or draw - So...

New Zealand - Norway 20 Jul 2023 17:00 Match Winner Draw @ 5.60 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.28 mBTC
Italy - Argentina 24 Jul 2023 16:00 Match Winner Draw @ 4.20 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.21 mBTC

2023 FIFA Women World Cup - Winner 20 Jul 2023 17:00 Outright Winner Australia @ 11.00 Taken Amount: 0.04 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.44 mBTC

England, New Zealand and Argentina have odds of $101 at the moment to win outright.

legendary
NRL

Very interesting first game in round 21 of the Australian NRL tonight/tomorrow wherever
you may be! The two bottom of the ladder teams play each other, Dragons v Wests Tigers.

Funny - touching on what Timelord stated before there are no consequences to being in either
position on the ladder other than picking up the wooden spoon!

So Timelord - who are you backing?
I'm staying away on this one.
legendary
ATM on ROLLBIT they just have the outrights listed, maybe towards the
opening games they will list the games as each round progresses?

Regarding relegation in the NRL, I think you are dead right Timelord, since I'm kind
of following it the Wests Tigers in particular have been at the bottom.

But

Look at the warriors though this year, they are doing really well in the top 8.
(after the regular season last year they were second last!)

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Stats via the tab.com.au website:

As you can see after 20 weeks of game play both the Newcastle Knights and Wests Tigers have fallen off of the betting site all together with no hope of entering the top eight much less winning the minor premiership let alone the top four or grand-final.

Well we could say every team is beatable!

This is true - just ask the Tigers.  I've been saying there needs to be relegation like the UK football does with it's teams, but that doesn't happen (not yet at least).

The NRL women's regular series begins this week, but there doesn't seem to be any sites taking wagers as yet.  Are there any Women's fixtures featured on the Rollbit site?
legendary
Well we could say every team is beatable!

Argentina are number 8 in the world rankings, to anyone else who wouldnt be too knowledgeable
about Rugby that position is good, and it is but to reach the top 3 takes a big jump in performance.

The new coach appointed in 2022 - Michael Cheika is a brilliant appointment. He was coach of the
European powerhouse Leinster and set the foundations to the team they are today and I think he can
do the same for Argentina, he just needs a bit more time I think.

South Africa are in 4th spot in the world rankings and are World Cup holders so they are no push-overs
and the SA clubs are strong performers in Europe.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 953
Australian players haven't done well in the Pacifica Competition this year and their international counterparts lost to Argentina overnight in Sydney.

Argentina have certainly put themselves on the International Rugby map this year. I certainly won't be discounting them from now on.

@darxiaomi you must be over the moon with Argentina's win. 🥳

Great win by Argentina against Australia in the Rugby Championship. 31-34 - they left
it very late to score a try on the 79th minute. Plenty of action though with 65 points scored.
@darxiaomi did you make a bet on your team and qhat were the odds like?

Thanks for yours kind words guys!. Well not really, i not bet because of two things.

1- Asides of i know about Rugby, i dont fully trus my knowledge in this matter, like i have in football for example.
2- I cant bet on Argentina because of FEELINGS, i know we are one step below the other countries, but my heart wants to put a win always, so for security i dont bet.

And i dont think we can win against South Africa, i think that is one of the most difficults teams to beat for Argentina.
legendary
Eels by 1 point!

I didnt bet on any games today, I was hoping to do an in play bet on the Panthers, it didnt
work out that way!

And I was actually thinking of betting on the Sharks last night but held off...luckily. Well I
have to say both the Warriors and Broncos have really turned themselves around compared
to last year, nice win with the Warriors Timelord!

UNION

as much as I would love to see Argentina beat South Africa - I'm not sure they
can do it in an away game?

Pages:
Jump to: