Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 42. (Read 15029 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
I did, I had the Lions to win but of course that didn't happen.

My second bet didn't workout either, Glasgow the favourites held on 16-10 to beat
Edinburgh too.

Today will be Munster v Leinster, I really can't see Munster win, Leinster are unbeaten so far
in both The URC and Heineken Cup.

On a slightly positive note, Benetton whipped Zebre 38-5 so at least 1 bet has materialised.

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
I would have gone with the Lions given they are higher on the ladder.

Timelord I'm using Rollbit for the United Rugby Championship!

I'm very pleased to see other sites carry Rugby sports bets. (I'm sure people will use your ref link when signing up with Rollbit 😁 - hopefully they don't have location restrictions that other sites have? 🤔 )
legendary
Timelord I'm using Rollbit for the United Rugby Championship!

My first pick didn't materialise:

Sharks 37 - 10 Lions

Friday 23rd
South Africa - Lions 5th to beat the Sharks 10th

My 4 remaining bets are:

Edinburgh @ 2.4
Benetton @ 1.15
Cardiff @ 1.52
Leinster @ 1.51

I'm a bit worried for my Edinburgh bet, I thought they would be favourites even
away from home. There is definitely value in them.....if they win!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I can see Six Nations, Gallagher Premiership, United Rugby Championship, rench top 14, European Champion's Cup, Japan League One on the TAB.com.au website.

Over on the nitrobetting.eu crypto site the is the Rugby Championship, England Premiership, French Top 14 and the Japanese Top leagues, so it's early days yet.

I guess we'll just have to keep supporting our preferred betting sites and hope they expand their competition coverage.
legendary
Rugby Union

A bit of news from Women's Rugby....

NEW WOMEN'S CELTIC CHALLENGE COMPETITION TO START IN JANUARY

A Pilot Celtic Challenge Competition is due to begin on January 29th and sees the IRFU, WRU
and Scottish Rugby coming together to create a new competition with support from World Rugby.

https://www.hersport.ie/rugby/new-womens-celtic-challenge-competition-to-start-in-january-44791

This is interesting because while the men's game here has multiple competitions in
a season, United Rugby Competition, Challenge Cup, Heineken Cup and then the
Six Nations, the Women's game really only has the Six Nations. This move should
help promote the women's game. I wonder will there be betting available?

legendary
^
Just as well they were micro bets!

This weekend sees round 10 being played in the URC, They are all "home derbys" so
I hope to bet on at least 1 per country and going with the favourites or higher placed team.

Friday 23rd
South Africa - Lions 5th to beat the Sharks 10th

Scotland - Edinburgh 6th to beat Glasgow Warriors 9th

Saturday 24th
Italy - Benetton 12th to beat Zebre 16th

Monday 26th
Wales - Cardiff 7th to beat the Dragons 13th

Ireland - Leinster 1st to beat Munster 8th

I have no idea what the odds are like at this stage, hopefully there is some value on those.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
It's all good.  I'm just wagering a dollar (sometime two) to be able to say I participated.

@darxiaomi - congratulations on the World Cup 2022 win, hopefully your national Rugby
team can feed off that win for the Rugby World Cup 2023?

There must be some very wide smiles and some sore heads with the Argentinean win of the World Cup.  They certainly blitz their opponents and won with a good old fashioned shoot out at the very end.

I hope everyone reading has a peaceful and prosperous end of the year and can ring in the new year in style, regardless of your beliefs.  It's been a tough year for many.
legendary
@Timelord2067 - I sincerely hope you didn't get to put your bets on based on my "Tips"?

The two games above were close but the favourites won.

That's it for this year in the Heineken cup, Round 3 starts mid January so this weekend round
10 in the URC is on, 23rd, 24th and 26th.

@darxiaomi - congratulations on the World Cup 2022 win, hopefully your national Rugby
team can feed off that win for the Rugby World Cup 2023?
legendary
Yea I know, do you go + or - ?

Tips for the weekend - hmmm, I can't give tips but I'll let you know what way I'm leaning.

The teams to watch in the Heineken Cup are both Irish and French, in particular Leinster!

I really think they are going to be on a mission this year to claim their 5th title after
being so close for the last few years. BUT there is no value with them after they
whipped Racing92 last weekend. Rollbit are offering -35 handicap on them minimum
this weekend.

An interesting one though is Ulster v La Rochelle Defending Champions.
Ulster are going well in the URC and are currently 4th, La Rochelle are off the pace in the Top14
and are well behind in 4th, they are
favourites this weekend against Ulster @ 1.49 v 2.65.

Now last weekends results vastly favour a bet on La Rochelle, they beat Northampton Saints
46-12 and Ulster were whipped 32-0 by Sale Sharks, Ulster won't let that happen again! There
is definitely value there with an Ulster bet.

Also There is another interesting one on Sunday Harlequins are favourite against visiting
Racing92 who are second in the Top14, 1.78 v 2.05

I think a dollar bet on both Ulster and Racing92
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Any tips for the weekend? (And I'm not talking about the round ball game that's on at the moment 😂 )

The end of year is quite a lull in our various codes.

I really need to stop with the Rugby handicaps

I try to avoid spreads because I always fear I'm going to place my bet on the wrong team.
legendary
Yea the Aussies have a high chance of beating the Irish, but into oblivion I'm not so sure.

Timelord - that was a good call. 29-0 that was dissapointing!

Rugby Union

I have three bets on for today's games in the European Champions Cup as follows:

Munster at home to beat Stad Toulousain - +4.5 @ 1.66

Ospreys v Leicester Tigers - Tigers to win @ 1.65

Saracens at home to beat Edinburgh - -14.5 @ 1.67

I'm not really confident about those handicap bets but let's see.

...and I'm only 1 from 3 in the Champions Cup from yesterday. All the 3 favourites
won but not by the margins I bet on

Munster lost by 5 points!

I really need to stop with the Rugby handicaps.
legendary
Rugby Union

I have three bets on for today's games in the European Champions Cup as follows:

Munster at home to beat Stad Toulousain - +4.5 @ 1.66

Ospreys v Leicester Tigers - Tigers to win @ 1.65

Saracens at home to beat Edinburgh - -14.5 @ 1.67

I'm not really confident about those handicap bets but let's see.

Big game yesterday which I would have liked to bet on but couldn't pull the trigger, Racing92 v
Leinster! Leinster were absolutely way too powerful for the French side, 10-42.
legendary
Yea the Aussies have a high chance of beating the Irish, but into oblivion I'm not so sure.
It's only 1 round gone and yea Australia are in top spot with 20 points, Ireland in 6th with 10.

I actually saw the 7's listed on ROLLBIT last week but didn't look into it. Both Mens and
Women's competitions running together which is great. They can do that because the games
are short of course.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The Capetown 7's (men's and women's) get underway in about six hours from now.

https://capetown7s.com/

the odds are favouring one side over the other for quite a few of the matches:

Argentina over Spain
New Zealand over Kenya
Samoa over Japan
Ireland over Urugrury
Australia over Uganda

Not sure what the "M" stands for in the next three, but they have

USA over England
France over Canada

and host nation South Africa over Fiji.

Being played in turn, the women's teams are a little bit more mixed:

Canada over Japan
France over USA
Great Britain over Brazil
New Zealand over Fiji (should be a good game)
Spain over hosts South Africa
and the Aussies will pound the Irish team into oblivion (sorry @aoluain  Wink .
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I was placing bets yesterday thinking the games were this week, but it turns out they were the women's sixes many weeks away.

🥳🤪
legendary
The United Rugby Championship is on hold until 23rd of December to allow the "Heineken Cup"
kick into gear.

https://www.epcrugby.com/champions-cup/matches/

This is the pinnacle of European club Rugby with French, English, Welsh, Irish, Scottish,
Italian ....and South African* teams involved.

*Kind of like Australia in the EUROvision Song Contest!

I'm not up to speed with the English or French clubs so I might not do any bets this weekend
until I educate myself a little first on who's who.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yeh, I only look in on the UK super league from time to time, but those two (Wigan and Hull) always give standout performances.

I'll hopefully get some wagers on the Union games in the next couple of days well ahead of the week-end before things get hectic again.
legendary
I'm always wary of points spreads preferring to just place bets on who is going to win a match (I'm reluctantly placing two bets on soccer fixtures win+draw)

I may not get to see these matches, but I'm going for Salford Red Devils, Wiggan Warriors and Hull FC in the English Rugby League on the 18th of December.

Leigh Centurions - Salford Red Devils Money Line Salford Red Devils @ 1.65 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.165 mBTC
Hull KR - Wigan Warriors Money Line Wigan Warriors @ 1.38 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.138 mBTC
Hull FC - Castleford Tigers Money Line Hull FC @ 1.60 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.16 mBTC

plus a parlay on those three to win:

Leigh Centurions - Salford Red Devils Money Line Salford Red Devils @ 1.65 Hull KR - Wigan Warriors Money Line Wigan Warriors @ 1.38 Hull FC - Castleford Tigers Money Line Hull FC @ 1.60 Taken Amount: 0.07 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.255 mBTC

Ah the Super League, I wouldn't be clued in to that competition or the teams other
than famous names like Hull, At. Helen's and Wigan Warriors. I'm not sure I will be
getting involved with that competition. The Rugby Union side is going to get way busier
this weekend with the start up of two more competitions:

European Champions Cup (The Heineken Cup) and
The EPCR Challenge Cup

There is Irish interest in both competitions, Leinster, Munster and Ulster in the
Champions Cup and Connacht in the Challenge Cup so I will be following those as
much as I can but I will be focusing on the URC.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I'm always wary of points spreads preferring to just place bets on who is going to win a match (I'm reluctantly placing two bets on soccer fixtures win+draw)

I may not get to see these matches, but I'm going for Salford Red Devils, Wiggan Warriors and Hull FC in the English Rugby League on the 18th of December.

Leigh Centurions - Salford Red Devils Money Line Salford Red Devils @ 1.65 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.165 mBTC
Hull KR - Wigan Warriors Money Line Wigan Warriors @ 1.38 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.138 mBTC
Hull FC - Castleford Tigers Money Line Hull FC @ 1.60 Taken Amount: 0.10 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.16 mBTC

plus a parlay on those three to win:

Leigh Centurions - Salford Red Devils Money Line Salford Red Devils @ 1.65 Hull KR - Wigan Warriors Money Line Wigan Warriors @ 1.38 Hull FC - Castleford Tigers Money Line Hull FC @ 1.60 Taken Amount: 0.07 mBTC Possible Payout: 0.255 mBTC

legendary
Recap on my bets on this weekends round in the United Rugby Championship:

It worked out with 2 from 4.

My predictions won but I made those two losses wrong, The points difference didn't workout

Munster on the other hand were very good and covered my +3.5 bet by beating Edinburgh by
21 points, I definitely think they will be on a winning roll from now on.

I have 2 more bets on for today, -11.5 on the Stormers to beat the Dragons @1.71 and a straight
ML win by the Lions to beat Scarlets @ 1.23

Connacht v Benneton - Connacht will win today but to get some value I have Benneton +11.5 @ 1.63

Stormers only beat the Dragons by 8 points
Connacht beat Benneton by 19 points.

I might rethink my point spread betting for next week....
Pages:
Jump to: