Pages:
Author

Topic: Safety of your private key - page 11. (Read 17666 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 6
October 24, 2018, 07:32:57 AM
Yes, the safest way to store a private key is to write it down on paper or print it out and put it in a safe. Then, without a great need not to go to that wallet. Also check the computer or device from which you go to the Internet for viruses. And finally, turn on 2fa.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 250
October 24, 2018, 07:29:56 AM
there are so many new traders or new bounty hunters who do not have such knowledge and do not know the difference between genuine and fake website links, sometimes they are fooled by pressing the link button provided, so many who are victims are new people who do not have much experience to secure their private key.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
October 24, 2018, 07:14:28 AM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me

All the official application for mobile phone could be found in App Store or Google Play. When somebody tries to convince to download file, it is a trap.
You should even always be careful what you want to download in this day and age, and as long as you are not sure of the source of such applications, it is always better you go for what every other person is going for.

Generally, the safety of something is dependent on your approach to the security of that thing, and as long as you are not able to get what you have secured enough, then that is going to be a very huge problem most of the time. Just ascertain most of the time, where you are storing or entering your private key, because once it falls in the wrong hands, you are done.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 1
October 24, 2018, 06:54:22 AM
This is the most important thing, to keep all your private keys safe. It happened to a lot of our community members, that they keys were stolen or they just forgot their phrases to restore the wallet. Just be more careful with such important docs as your private key.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
October 24, 2018, 06:48:43 AM
privatekey and keystone are the two most vital items that we must maintain their security, because that is access to enter the wallet where our access is
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
October 24, 2018, 06:47:35 AM
New guys like you may read a lot of tutorials that is written especially for them. As for me, creation of such topics does not have sence, because it will be lost too fast.
Activity: 322
October 23, 2018, 09:03:23 AM
It is fair.  If you don’t want any unauthorized movements from your wallet, then you don’t need to trust your key to anyone!
Activity: 266
October 23, 2018, 08:06:28 AM
The main and Golden rule of saving your coins on the wallet, it is never to tell anyone your password . And try to keep the coins on the wallet that you do not specify anywhere in the companies and projects of generosity. It's called a cold wallet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
October 23, 2018, 07:38:04 AM
Perfect.

You don't have to give your private key even to your mentor. If your wallet has funds then don't just simply give it to anyone and trust them with your money that's not how you keep your private keys safe. You have trust to him because he taught you? no that's not enough, your money is your money and you have to keep it.

Most of people say beware of phishing but phishing is a large area to be discussed and it includes lots of other security things that a person should now.
First of all we should have a clean PC with no keylogger or any other software that can steal the clipboard (the place where copy-paste is stored)
Secondly use wallets as much as offline and use trusted websites if you choose online wallets or so.

This is very vital, using PC's with no keylogger or software that enables stealing the clipboard where copy-paste function is stored on the PC is one vital safety precaution that a lot of people tend to ignore. Is there a way to find out and even purge the PC of this malware please?
Activity: 304
October 23, 2018, 07:23:58 AM
If we are talkign about security, you shoudl also remember the need to check information about the ICO before the investing, because there are too much fakes.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
October 23, 2018, 07:21:51 AM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important

It is important that we'll have our private keys safe because the security of our earnings rely in it. There should only be at least one person who knows our orivate keys aside from us to make sure that it is far from being hacked. We should just entrust it to a trusted person.
Activity: 490
October 23, 2018, 07:18:16 AM
Safety of your privatekey is squarly  in your hands! Yiu must guard it with outmost care or you may find out that your wallet is emptied of it's fund! One way of keeping your private key is never to keep it online!
copper member
Activity: 995
October 23, 2018, 07:14:38 AM

In general, it is better that no one would call that you have any key at all. This is simply not their business. I do not announce it. I carefully check all the papers on my desk, so as not to make a note anywhere. It is very important. Since all your work and savings can fly into the tube.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
October 23, 2018, 07:13:06 AM
The best way to protect your wallet is to buy Trezor or Ledger Nano, but unfortunately I realized it too late after I had been hacked, remember when the HOLA app stole many secret passwords from many...
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
October 23, 2018, 07:07:15 AM
You can also encrypt your private key or passphrase using your own develop encryption for better security and put your private key or passphrase in a secure place. Even if someone will find it, you are still safe from thief or hacker. Just be sure to tell no one how to encrypt your private key or passphase.
Activity: 554
October 23, 2018, 07:00:17 AM
Yes of course don't leave you private key at your desktop or in your computer that easy to locate your key for you make it sure that you never stole you key  or just write it and keep it on your secret pocket and didn't get your coin. The best thing you use wallet was the hardware wallet because you and only you who are knowing that key and it also a offline wallet that never been hack you account.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 23, 2018, 06:56:17 AM
The best way (in my opinion) is the "old school" way to store it. Take a piece of paper write it down and keep it at least 2 different and secured location!
Activity: 560
Merit: 251
October 23, 2018, 06:52:32 AM
nowadays it is very dangerous to display our privatekey, many are deceived when following the airdrop which sometimes asks for private keys for the reason for giving tokens, but actually those who are like that are hackers to get the privacy of your wallet, so be careful
Activity: 518
October 23, 2018, 06:52:24 AM
I think we should keep it out of our system and store in external drives like pen drives or any form of external devices, so in chance of hacking or any other malware attach, our private keys always remained intact.  This is I think best solution for our safety of private keys for our coins.
Activity: 392
October 23, 2018, 05:51:21 AM

All the official application for mobile phone could be found in App Store or Google Play. When somebody tries to convince to download file, it is a trap.
Pages:
Jump to: