Pages:
Author

Topic: Safety of your private key - page 7. (Read 17666 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103
October 27, 2018, 02:35:55 PM
Number 1 major rule in cryptocurrency community.
NEVER SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS TO ANYONE.
Never share it to your friends or coworkers.
Never ever share it online, it will be your risk if you will do that.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
October 27, 2018, 02:34:08 PM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me
Never used private keys to access any of your wallet. I never used my private key to access my MEW because it's not safe. Always open your wallet with Json file or with password and also make sure to used Google Authenticator in some of your wallets. Paste your private key in excel sheet and stored it in some flash drive for only one purpose for storing sensitive data.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
October 27, 2018, 02:26:11 PM
The best way is not to store the key in electronic form, but to print the private key when creating the wallet and store this sheet in a safe place.  You can also download jason file, but the password to it, too, don't keep in electronic form. And, of course, to have 10-15 MEW , although it is certainly not very convenient , but more secure.

In fact, you said absolutely rightly that it is better to print information only on a paper basis and store it in a safe place, because electronic media and digital formats have certain risks. and paper is best kept away from fire, and nothing more.
Activity: 476
The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE
October 27, 2018, 02:05:22 PM
The best way is not to store the key in electronic form, but to print the private key when creating the wallet and store this sheet in a safe place.  You can also download jason file, but the password to it, too, don't keep in electronic form. And, of course, to have 10-15 MEW , although it is certainly not very convenient , but more secure.

Activity: 560
Merit: 16
October 27, 2018, 01:46:15 PM
I thought that the rule for not sharing your private key with anyone is something that everyone should have understood so long ago. The problem of theft of keys from users computers after their devices are infected with a virus is much more relevant. It is very important to ensure that your computer is not infected with malicious code, because all valuable information stored on it can be stolen.
Activity: 499
Merit: 1
October 27, 2018, 01:31:16 PM
Newbies are to be guided on keeping safe their privates key, after opening an account, they should backup the paraphrase, mnemonic or private key altogether safe with password.
Once this are linked out! The token are as good as gone.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 432
October 27, 2018, 01:20:20 PM
it's depands on your activity I think.if you alert from several pushing site to control your private key then it will be good. another think is,don't be share your private key with another person.
I think in some cases I have known the problem for private keys is the user who has it because the accuracy of the user is very important when opening access to the website. and don't open the wallet too often if you don't really need it because it could be because your private key is spread due to an error when entering
Activity: 552
Merit: 102
October 27, 2018, 01:12:58 PM
it's depands on your activity I think.if you alert from several pushing site to control your private key then it will be good. another think is,don't be share your private key with another person.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
October 27, 2018, 01:12:21 PM
Yes, I agree with this, never give a private key to anyone. Because the private key is to open the wallet to store our assets. If this happens from now on, make a new wallet and immediately move all assets.
Activity: 308
October 27, 2018, 01:02:46 PM
yes that's true, you never give a private key and password to anyone for any reason. keep them well, don't let your assets disappear because of your negligence.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
October 27, 2018, 12:56:01 PM
I think for crypto enthusiasts their private key should be on a par with the heart or soul. I mean, seriously. It can not be lost in any case.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
October 26, 2018, 03:48:59 PM
Safety is overrated. Seriously, unless you just give away your keys to someone on purpose, there is a very distant chance of anyone hacking your wallets. Seriously, unless you own many thousands you are not a target.
Activity: 180
October 26, 2018, 01:54:54 PM
Recently we often hear that someone mew has been hacked. As per my view, its happening because of phishing site. So we need to be careful and attentive when clicking on the links. To protect your private key from hacking i think we should write it on a offline paper and keep it safely. i think offline is  best way to keep private key secure.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
October 26, 2018, 01:43:46 PM
In order to protect your savings, it is enough to carry out simple precautions about which much has already been written here. You need to be very careful about this and not make elementary mistakes. Use special applications for safe operation.
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
October 26, 2018, 01:32:42 PM
One sure way to store your private key is telegram, and make sure you protect your telegram with 2FA to avoid unauthorized access to it, I have been using it for years and never had any issues with it
Activity: 658
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
October 26, 2018, 01:27:40 PM
To ensure the privacy of your private key, I think you should buy external storage devices such as USB, saving essential private information on USB is very safe because if you do not use you will withdraw them from the PC so can avoid hackers.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1
October 26, 2018, 01:25:06 PM
Private key is a prime factors in online virtuality or cryptocurrency because one if lossing anyone private key in mew wallet he might lost all.my friend lossing his private key hence he lost of all his altcoins, some ETH.
copper member
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
October 26, 2018, 01:20:05 PM
There are many good applications for saving your passwords and keys or you can put it in document or archive and encrypt it)
Activity: 364
October 26, 2018, 01:01:55 PM
Keeping your private key really matters in cryptocurrency. To safely keep your private key, avoid visiting unknown sites and also use hardware wallet such as ledger to keep your private key safe.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
October 26, 2018, 12:45:33 PM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me
Be sure to use 2FA, store private keys on USB drives, always save yourself tabs in the browser with the official wallet sites, use protective shells like MetaMask.
Pages:
Jump to: