Pages:
Author

Topic: Safety of your private key - page 10. (Read 17666 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 10
October 24, 2018, 09:18:06 PM
Personally I don't keep my private keys in my computer, I have them stored in a flash drive. For me it is much safer than being in my computer to avoid getting hacked. I visit different sites and I don't know wether they are safe or not and by storing them in a separate storage I can rest assure that my private keys are safe.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
October 24, 2018, 09:05:25 PM
The safety of private keys lies in the care of the wallet holder. Hackers cannot enter the wallet and steal the private keys unless the holder send it out through a phishing site or store the private key in a susceptible email or storage.

We also consider on visiting scam sites(accidentally) which could be similar to the legit one. The lost of account keys problem is still existing unless we take actions on it individually. No other person could help us, it is our own security measures we usually practice at all times. That is why, we should be vigilant and read carefully or bookmarks legit sites to avoid from visiting phishing sites.
Activity: 418
"simply getting the job done"
October 24, 2018, 09:02:29 PM
The safety of private keys lies in the care of the wallet holder. Hackers cannot enter the wallet and steal the private keys unless the holder send it out through a phishing site or store the private key in a susceptible email or storage.
Yes, we must be more careful when opening the site. For safer storage, my friend recommends storing private keys offline, such as flash disk and others. So, until now I still believe that file storage with offline methods will be safer than hackers.
Activity: 266
Merit: 4
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
October 24, 2018, 08:49:14 PM
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
October 24, 2018, 08:43:46 PM
yes this is the most important thing to keep the assets that we have in the wallet, so that all is good then you have to save the private key and also I suggest you also maintain the password properly
you are right,,   Smiley Smiley
right now we have to be very careful with our wallets and private keys. it's hard to trust someone, and one more thing i also give good advice to secure all of our important data, that is, don't visit any links that enter via email or from other social media. it could be a link that will make you lose your assets.
Activity: 994
October 24, 2018, 08:25:21 PM
yes this is the most important thing to keep the assets that we have in the wallet, so that all is good then you have to save the private key and also I suggest you also maintain the password properly
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
October 24, 2018, 08:04:25 PM
The safety of your private key is very important , there are few reminders from the wallet provider which is myetherwallet ,so just follow those reminders and avoid too much exposure of your private key , so that it will not be accidentally detected by the hackers, do avoid those mentions phising sites that mighr dangerous to your wallet, keep your private key in the safest place , and be cautious and safety always.
Activity: 126
October 24, 2018, 07:40:38 PM
The safest option is hardware wallet dude. YOu can buy ledger or trezor and with that way you can feel safe about your private keys. With these hardware wallets even you dont know your private keys  .. That is really good thing.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
October 24, 2018, 09:19:53 AM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me
I will write down my private key on paper and use my hardware wallet to save my token property.
Activity: 691
October 24, 2018, 08:56:58 AM
You even have to keep a good personal key and, you and others. Even better so that your wallet is safe, keep your private key in a place that has no impression with the internet.
Activity: 294
October 24, 2018, 08:50:05 AM
I believe that people lose their coins out of your wallet to blame but himself. Scammers are and will always be, and you have to be very vigilant with your data. I do not know how you can fool your head to you personally gave your password to the wallet

I completely agree with you. We can not of course recognize the fraudster in front of us or not, but the key to the wallet is the information that can not be shown to anyone, even the closest people .
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
October 24, 2018, 08:24:10 AM
The best way (in my opinion) is the "old school" way to store it. Take a piece of paper write it down and keep it at least 2 different and secured location!

Yes it's the most secure way to store the private keys, to write on a sheet of paper and to hide in the safe made of steel. Some older people who are not so good in computing create even paper wallets, it's easier for them.  
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
October 24, 2018, 08:21:15 AM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important

I totally agree with you, your private key is one of the most valuable properties in the cryptocurrency world of business, so you must protect it with all amount of seriousness,do not disclose it to any other persons.
Activity: 202
October 24, 2018, 08:19:57 AM
I believe that people lose their coins out of your wallet to blame but himself. Scammers are and will always be, and you have to be very vigilant with your data. I do not know how you can fool your head to you personally gave your password to the wallet
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
October 24, 2018, 08:12:38 AM
You are absolutely right that the private key of your wallet should only be with you and should not be given to anyone, but that’s not all to protect your wallet. There are other ways to hack your wallet. One of the most common ways is the phishin site, in other words, you can send an interesting message with a link that leads to a fake site and if you do not understand this, you can also get into the hands of a hacker. Also, by sending you files, you can get remote access to your PC and also find out all the important information if it is stored on your PC. In any case, you need to be very careful and closely monitor the information that will be sent to you, and sent her will definitely.
Activity: 255
October 24, 2018, 08:09:13 AM
  I think the key is always the most important thing to protect your wallet, you can not give to anyone. Although the security of the wallet is so high, you still have the potential to lose money because the hackers should always pay attention to your wallet and protect it as your personal information. sorry
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
October 24, 2018, 07:57:17 AM
The best way to protect your wallet is to buy Trezor or Ledger Nano, but unfortunately I realized it too late after I had been hacked, remember when the HOLA app stole many secret passwords from many...
Ye, and I was attacked when using hola. It stole my Key and moved all the ETH and the tokens I had hold there, It is best not to use any software because it is very dangerous and can steal user information anytime
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
October 24, 2018, 07:53:18 AM
So many ways that your account or wallet can be stolen , you always need to stay away from email or site by someone you don't know even the one you know and keep your private key both in soft and hard way to secure it and never let anyone know where it is stored or kept for safety reason .
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
October 24, 2018, 07:44:18 AM
If you are new in the cryptocurrencies, please be careful about the phishing mail, they like to say your wallet have the potential hacked by someone, you need to login and change your password, if you entry any password in this page, you will lost your wallet forever.
Activity: 355
A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms
October 24, 2018, 07:40:10 AM
as much as possible you keep hidden from anyone, because if your wallet key is
owned by someone else, metamask cannot block it, we will definitely lose all
our assets, never trust anyone about your wallet's private key.
Pages:
Jump to: