Pages:
Author

Topic: Safety of your private key - page 8. (Read 17666 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
October 26, 2018, 11:36:34 AM
When you use hardware wallets , such as ledger nano , no need to worry that you'll ruin your private key. Your private key providing access to your coins, never displayed. Ledger all wallets have "chip / smart card", which includes the secure element. This chip is used for high security applications such as protection of biometric data on passports or credit card information
Activity: 139
Merit: 1
The World’s First Blockchain Core
October 26, 2018, 11:27:18 AM
I am writing my private keys to a paper. I think that is the safest way. Because you know in that digital age everything is possible. Hackers can steal from everywhere so i am storing my priv keys in my notepad. I am writing with my own hand.
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
October 26, 2018, 11:26:46 AM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me

it's not the best way, but it's a must not to share private keys with anyone if you don't want to lose your altcoin. especially for your pc's health problems that must be maintained. adding security has become a must for the level of protection
Activity: 267
Merit: 10
October 26, 2018, 11:23:04 AM
The private key is usually leaked out by ourselves. Or click on the phishing website was stolen. As long as you keep it safe, you won't let it out. Please find a safe way to keep your private key. Because divulging your property will be a great loss.

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
October 26, 2018, 11:10:31 AM
Psrivate key is important, I keep my private key in Excel and make sure that the computer is in good condition, I use Windows 10 and activate the security system so that the data I keep is always safe.
Activity: 448
October 26, 2018, 10:54:24 AM
I think that I will tell the truth that few people say, on the Internet or even more, in the digital space there are a lot of security holes that, of course, only hackers who understand how to use them correctly can of course use.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
October 26, 2018, 10:51:21 AM
i'm hiding on my server =) it may sound funny, but it's safer this way. I'm hosting too many erc20 coins
I invest a lot of altcoin and most of all my altcoin are stored there, and I also thought this way, But I decided not to do that. I created a folder and installed a password for it, and protected my computer from malware. And so I'm almost completely safe
Activity: 218
October 26, 2018, 10:47:38 AM
I don't understand how some people can pass the security of their crypto currencies on the second. It's crazy. Can be they and honor their wives on other people leave?
Activity: 1344
Merit: 379
October 26, 2018, 07:20:29 AM
If we have some wallet we need to be safe it first, Because it is important for us. All of our coins are in there.
And if our private key it's not on safe situation maybe all of our coins it will gone.
Activity: 252
October 26, 2018, 06:03:54 AM
Private key is the most important information about your wallet, together with the seed phrase. I would say, write both of them down to your notebook. You would have your info offline and avoid visiting the fishing websites and telling someone your private key.
Activity: 350
October 26, 2018, 05:58:11 AM
Of course the security of our wallets depends on us, here you have to be careful and keep your secret key out of reach of strangers.
Activity: 463
Merit: 107
October 26, 2018, 04:37:07 AM
i'm hiding on my server =) it may sound funny, but it's safer this way. I'm hosting too many erc20 coins
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
October 26, 2018, 04:34:34 AM
Ensure you keep your private key and never give it out to anybody for whatsoever reason. Most importantly avoid phishing site. Got hacked few months ago,  inputted my private key and before I knew it all my ETH in my wallet was gone.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 26, 2018, 04:26:16 AM
The best way (in my opinion) is the "old school" way to store it. Take a piece of paper write it down and keep it at least 2 different and secured location!

Yes it's the most secure way to store the private keys, to write on a sheet of paper and to hide in the safe made of steel. Some older people who are not so good in computing create even paper wallets, it's easier for them.  
I would not say this is about how old the person, or how good is with computers. Personally i'm not the biggest expert with security on computers, even i'm working with it every day. I heard this idea from several developers who i know personally and i know that they are really good at what they are doing!
So it's more about the "offline security".
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
October 26, 2018, 03:21:32 AM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important

Better to keep your key encrypted, there were wallets who gives back ups in different form for us to be away from any malicious software trying to get the private key. I have a wallet called HODLER wallet that gives secure backup, this back is stored in a encrypted archive so no could have accES. I have it on my email and even though they hacked my email they can't still get what's inside the file since it requires another password. The password are in different form like QR code. We could not trust anybody with our funds, tgat is why it is essential to keep the password safe and have backup for it.
Activity: 448
October 26, 2018, 03:12:47 AM
The easiest way to protect private keys is to save it to USB flash and set a password.Still be sure to ensure that you do not end up on a phishing site.Your attention, your safety.
Activity: 625
Merit: 100
October 26, 2018, 02:46:36 AM
  Grin Well, about my key no one knows. Does not have access to my key. This is a risk reduction. Even friends do not know that I am fond of cryptocurrency. Safety at the highest.

I also use USB with encryption, they give maximum protection.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
October 26, 2018, 02:40:02 AM
the private key is the entrances of the wallet. When this can be accessed by others then surely what is in the wallet will be lost completely. do not store it in the site online because it will be very prone to hackers who will indeed roam free enough. but certainly, also don't get too tightly keep because even if missing then it will culminate in not usually opened the wallet as well.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
October 26, 2018, 02:34:16 AM

Also, protect your passwords too. As for private keys, you may save these keys into two usb and store them on two different secured locations.  Remember to make the file encrypted with strong password.  If anyone found the usd, the encryption will save your data from being open and stolen.

Same here, always encrypt the file that contains your private keys stored in USB's.
If you can get a hardware wallet like Ledger or Trezor, even better.
Activity: 392
https://saturn.black
October 26, 2018, 02:26:45 AM
Yes, this is indeed very important to do for you to store your personal belongings, do not let the secrets you know by others, you must be good at keeping your assets
Pages:
Jump to: