Pages:
Author

Topic: Safety of your private key - page 5. (Read 17666 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 25, 2019, 08:24:20 AM
I think that the safest place today is a paper notebook, because it is he who can help today. Because everything else may simply not help. I think so and this is just my opinion. Maybe there are other options?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1340
January 25, 2019, 08:18:07 AM
Safe your private key in an offline file and have a printed copy of it.

This is understandable, but if such a case happens when a hacker hacks the server and gets access to your wallet? the case has already been and no one is immune from this, so besides the copy of the keys, you also need to follow the news about what happens to the wallet itself.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
January 25, 2019, 08:08:57 AM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me

Its true that we should not share our private key to others people. Beside securing our private key, we should aware with suspicious link that sent to our email. When we visiting a website, we shoud always check web certificate and its much better if we not using public wifi
Activity: 1344
Merit: 379
January 25, 2019, 07:28:58 AM
i'm hiding on my server =) it may sound funny, but it's safer this way. I'm hosting too many erc20 coins
I invest a lot of altcoin and most of all my altcoin are stored there, and I also thought this way, But I decided not to do that. I created a folder and installed a password for it, and protected my computer from malware. And so I'm almost completely safe
Im doing that also to put some of our private keys on my computer but ill think it was not safe, So must better to put some password or transfer in any device so that it be safe always.
Activity: 658
November 09, 2018, 03:19:35 AM
Safety of your private key should be your first consideration and priority everytime you are on the internet or you engage in cryptocurrency activities.  The moment you make mistake of unnecessary exposure of your private key,  then your funds is gone.  Your device is your number one means by which your private key could be stolen,  take care of it and make sure is free of viruses!
Activity: 887
November 09, 2018, 03:13:19 AM
Private key is really the most important thing in crypro. We really needbti store it i  a verry safe place because all our asset will be lost of private key is lost. I believe that we all know about this things. We maybe didn't want to loss so we need to take good care of our assets by protecting or maybe storing our private key in a very safe place.
In addition to storing it in a safe place, we must also be aware of hacking through sites or anything that can be accessed through our devices because there are many hacking cases that occur through these things.
then if you save your private key on your device, then you also have to spread it on external storage so that if your device is damaged there is no loss of your private key.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
November 09, 2018, 01:26:41 AM
Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important

You can also try some different ways of logging in into your wallet. In myetherwallet, there is a feature where you can login offline, and also through the use of JSON file, just upload the file and enter a password, through this, you can log in without the need of your private key.
My kind of wallet I am using allows me to log in using QR code which is more easier. That is just one way of logging and I find it easier. One thing I like about how this qr code is that it is packed in a encrypted archived folder so no one coyld have access to it even malware. Find HODLER wallet and see for your self their secure backup called HSB, this feature gives importance on how to properly keep tge private key.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
November 08, 2018, 09:05:48 PM

You can also try some different ways of logging in into your wallet. In myetherwallet, there is a feature where you can login offline, and also through the use of JSON file, just upload the file and enter a password, through this, you can log in without the need of your private key.
Activity: 700
November 08, 2018, 09:01:52 PM

Private key is important thing to access our wallet. Better keep it in safe place and never share it to anyone. Many cases peoples wallet accessed and their coin gone because they can not secure their private key. If we want to secure more our wallet, buying hard wallet is good option
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
November 08, 2018, 08:29:07 PM
Private key is really the most important thing in crypro. We really needbti store it i  a verry safe place because all our asset will be lost of private key is lost. I believe that we all know about this things. We maybe didn't want to loss so we need to take good care of our assets by protecting or maybe storing our private key in a very safe place.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 08, 2018, 08:15:24 PM
only our personal key security knows that don't let other people know it, as much as possible we have to protect our wallet keys,
Activity: 247
November 08, 2018, 08:00:57 PM
Yes I do really keep in my mind always the safety of my private key every time I create my personal ETH wallet because the moment I will lost it I am really sure that it would be near impossible to retrieve it so usually I save my private key in my USB being archived first and with password so no one could really open it except me.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
November 08, 2018, 07:56:56 PM
Private keys are the most important thing for any crypto investor because, once they are lost, the cryptos in the wallet can never be gotten back, so in my opinion the best way to store private keys is in a cold storage, offline and safe from damage.
I prefer duct tags which cannot be burnt in a fire or damage in a case of flood.
Activity: 152
Merit: 7
November 08, 2018, 07:37:20 PM
Safe your private key in an offline file and have a printed copy of it.
Activity: 131
Merit: 2
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 08, 2018, 07:06:26 PM
There are two modes of private key storage;

- Hot storage; which is online

Having your wallet details installed in online wallets like Metamask is ok, but for those who's wallets is of much value; i'd advice that they imbibe cold storage of their coin as you never know when a cyber hacker that has been spending months in an attempt to hack into the site will succeed.  Grin

Already, some people has given good ideas on how to personally keep your private keys to yourself and not share them with anyone. I think i'll go with that idea. Grin
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
November 07, 2018, 06:13:48 PM
I suggest you split your funds in several wallets. Also keep your long term tokens in 1 wallet and participate in bounties and airdrops with another.
Sometimes you can make a mistake and disclose your private key etc
I actually use an open source multiwallet where I store all my funds in one app. The wallet allows me to generate private key for each coin but stored all in one software. It woyld be safer since its more organize, and the best thing About it is that, I can have tge private key in a encrypted file having in different time like qr code. The wallet is called Hodler wallet, this is the only open source multiwallet available. It is best to consider that yiu hokd the private key NAD not being entrusted in third party like exchanges or closed source wallet.
Activity: 490
November 06, 2018, 05:11:10 AM
I suggest you split your funds in several wallets. Also keep your long term tokens in 1 wallet and participate in bounties and airdrops with another.
Sometimes you can make a mistake and disclose your private key etc
Activity: 1344
Merit: 379
November 06, 2018, 05:06:41 AM
Some of my keys ill save them on different driver so that if ill forgot or lost my key iv'e have some extra.
It is important to save our private and do not let it be lost because it is important for us to be protected our coins.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
November 05, 2018, 04:17:49 PM
Exactly, don't trust anybody with your private key, no matter how close they may be to you, crypto is money and people can't be trusted when money is involve in anything, it is your personal use and it should always be private.
Activity: 784
Merit: 115
November 04, 2018, 01:24:30 AM
There are two ways how to protect your private key from hackers.
Never go online with your private key - so, create some paper wallet.
Or buy hardware wallet, this wallet will safe your private key outside the computer - hackers cant access it!

I prefer with the hardware wallet, and I think it's the best wallet that we can use. Besides that, we don't have to afraid from the attacker, as long as we can keep the hardware wallet safe and no one knows where the hardware wallet, then we are very safe. We can use the safety box in our banks too to keep that the hardware wallet and only we that will keep the keys of the safety box.
Pages:
Jump to: