Pages:
Author

Topic: Save you Bitcoin for your (grand) child / children? - page 29. (Read 36315 times)

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
What i have now is few bitcoin plastic coin and a keychain that I got as a gift from MJ here, I may keep them for a long time and give them to the next generations, leaving bitcoin for children/grandchildren needs a strong decision because we cant know if bitcoin will be available at that time or if bitcoin will worth less than now.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
that sounds like a great idea.
and I think I will do it in the future, because my plan has always been keeping bitcoin forever. I mean I will always hold bitcoin even if I sell all of my coins, I will still keep something left at the bottom of my wallet for the future of that future, so I guess if bitcoin is still alive and kicking when I am old I would leave something for my grand children.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
Bitcoin is a long term project. Therefore it makes sense to save small parts over a long horizon. Do you save Bitcoins for your (grand) child or children?

For those who do not have (grand) children (yet), would you save Bitcoin for them if you would have (grand) children?

I don't have a child yet but I'm saving Bitcoin hoping that it's price will rise in the future and then I can make use of it to invest in something not Bitcoin related. It's my plan to have multiple source of income because I'll never know what will happen so better have security and make sure that I'm still earning even if my other investments failed. I'm hoping that the price will really rise so that when the time comes when I have children already then I can provide for their needs not worrying about money anymore.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
Saving Bitcoins for the child/children is a good idea, though I don't have yet a child I can save bitcoin but as long as I'm not in that stage I'm gonna still contiue doing trading to make my bitcoin grow for me to have savings in the future. Because I do believe years from now bitcoin will rise up to 2000$ stable price. Cheesy

I am jealous bravehearth0319. I really want to venture trading soon. I am no studying how to do proper trading of bitcoin. While doing that, I let some of my coins loaned and earn from interest. But I know I will earn more than that if I do trading.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Saving Bitcoins for the child/children is a good idea, though I don't have yet a child I can save bitcoin but as long as I'm not in that stage I'm gonna still contiue doing trading to make my bitcoin grow for me to have savings in the future. Because I do believe years from now bitcoin will rise up to 2000$ stable price. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1204
i am still a kid myself and also i am still single so i have to find a wife and have some children then think about what i am going to leave them Cheesy

but it is a good idea to put something away in cold storage for them and then put the password to decrypt that cold storage wallet in your will so they can find it and use the balance.
I think that it does not matter the age, we are free to think about the future and as far as i know in the rich countries people save since the beginning of the life and save money for university, marriage etc.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
Bitcoin is a long term project. Therefore it makes sense to save small parts over a long horizon. Do you save Bitcoins for your (grand) child or children?

For those who do not have (grand) children (yet), would you save Bitcoin for them if you would have (grand) children?

You're way thinking into the future if you're saving up for your grand kids. Besides, your grandkids aren't your responsibility anymore by that time so it doesn't matter.

And your idea of a long term project is really long I suppose.
If you have more than 100 bitcoins,sell some and invest in some real world.You never know if bitcoin would survive till your grand children or if it does survive,what would it's value be.Your grand children will curse you for not cashing in on when bitcoin value is high.On the other hand if you only have 1 btc,save it for your grand children
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
i am still a kid myself and also i am still single so i have to find a wife and have some children then think about what i am going to leave them Cheesy

but it is a good idea to put something away in cold storage for them and then put the password to decrypt that cold storage wallet in your will so they can find it and use the balance.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Well, it is very good idea to save our coins for our grand child, maybe than BTCitcoin will be the world most secure currency and so majority to the people will start using for their daily use, I still have some coins into my reserve there and keep holding for a brighter future.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

I was unmarried. this time I think like you. maybe someday in the future of bitcoin prices can be very high. I will save the investment and I hope I can be happy candidate for my children in the future.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The main problem is, you can't really know if your grand child or whatever, are going to be able to keep the password and decrypt the wallet to get the coins. I think it's too risky.. so I might enjoy the bitcoin myself.
thats true, i think it is just better to spend it all yourself after a bigger price growth and that would be it you wouldnt need to worry about it i think
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Well, you do not need to give them the password or private key immediately. You could write it into your last will or you could tell them where to find it when you are dead including a little tutorial what Bitcoin is and how to access it if they are not familiar with it Cheesy

The main problem is, you can't really know if your grand child or whatever, are going to be able to keep the password and decrypt the wallet to get the coins. I think it's too risky.. so I might enjoy the bitcoin myself.
Activity: 351

I think the biggest risk is the existence of bitcoin itself until then.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
According to a title yeah i save bitcoins for the future of my children not only for my children also for my parents and my brothers because they working and take a job to them to finance their study..
Also savings that i will have a future to use bitcoin to my baby and to have a great future with bitcoin.
Activity: 252
agree with you, I will keep some of the bitcoins for my grand children with that they will be independent of any other person and will be able to live a better life and will be able to invest in their age.
Keeping bitcoins for your grand children sounds quite long. I think the value of bitcoins will be high till then. We have a lot of money from it.
In those days may bitcoins would be quite common giving paper money would be more valuable hahaha !!!

how ever we have to keep and save some of our property for them. as it is our responsibility to help then and assest them. you know that is what we are doing for our self. because our children are our property and we have full right to use their income without asking from them.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500

Thats really good idea, i like it but if i die tomorrow, so the dream never come true. But if i live long life than definitely i would do it.
So i wanna save my bitcoins for my son for his future study. Actually i want to buy a plot for my baby's name but now i have changed my mind and i decide that i will buy some bitcoins more and also save it for my son's future. 
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin still consider as risky investment so I'm decide to save them for my grand child !
Instead I will turn bitcoin into my local currency ( with highest value ) and I can save it for my grand children later
Activity: 257

Wow this is a nice idea, i think i buy the idea, i will save like 1000 btc for my grand children, maybe by thrn 1btc will be $10k
Activity: 382
agree with you, I will keep some of the bitcoins for my grand children with that they will be independent of any other person and will be able to live a better life and will be able to invest in their age.
Keeping bitcoins for your grand children sounds quite long. I think the value of bitcoins will be high till then. We have a lot of money from it.
In those days may bitcoins would be quite common giving paper money would be more valuable hahaha !!!
Pages:
Jump to: