Pages:
Author

Topic: sawdice the New Age of Dice - Let's play a game. - page 7. (Read 27083 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

I was just about about to post this, I saw it live. Was that you??? Now I really feel bad for OP, you should consider setting a lower max win, this is unsustainable..

Congrats to the winner.

lol yeah i wish.. no i couldnt manage to get the deposit working so i just fuck around with the faucet sometimes. it would literaly blow my mind if i won that ;DDDD
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
fuck lol another one

OP, I would suggest you to do some research about Kelly formula.
The site cold wallet has only 88.5 btc at the moment, so the site bankroll should be a bit over that. Considering your site has 1% edge, you are now doing more than 10x Kelly.
Activity: 288
Merit: 113
Web dev for hire
fuck lol another one

I was just about about to post this, I saw it live. Was that you??? Now I really feel bad for OP, you should consider setting a lower max win, this is unsustainable..

Congrats to the winner.
Activity: 1
dude i cant deposit restart your server or something
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
deposited a bit to play on late this morning and the site is experiencing some difficulties or something. deposit isnt showing upand it has currently 2 confirmations. really disappointing when someone tries to use a service thats not working.

https://blockchain.info/tx/8c48e55527296fe4276d3c7bde879ee761a3e6737d056d3daa9eba97bf347672
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Omg it is based off of the saw movie

Indeed!  I'm wondering if that name is going to hinder their growth in the future---I mean if they were to get really big, it seems like they might risk trademark violations.  If they stay small, obviously it won't matter, but then again, they'd be small.

i think this site is going to stay small, there are plenty of more established, already popular dice sites (PD, 999dice, etc), i dont think theres much room to come into the market here especially with that copyright limiting the future of the site.

if there's no new challengers in the industry it will stuck dead, counting only on existing won't do any favor to the gambling business.
copyrights is not the most serious problem facing the bitcoin dice sites but i do not think we break any copyright and  if we find that the name or  the theme make any problems for us in the future we can change it or re brand it in the worst scenario which is not a big deal too

FWIW, it's more likely trademark violations than copyright, in your case.  I agree that at the moment you don't have to worry but, in my opinion, it does make your sight seem like a fly-by-night kinda thing.  Maybe you should consider a rebrand.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Indeed!  I'm wondering if that name is going to hinder their growth in the future---I mean if they were to get really big, it seems like they might risk trademark violations.  If they stay small, obviously it won't matter, but then again, they'd be small.

i think this site is going to stay small, there are plenty of more established, already popular dice sites (PD, 999dice, etc), i dont think theres much room to come into the market here especially with that copyright limiting the future of the site.

if there's no new challengers in the industry it will stuck dead, counting only on existing won't do any favor to the gambling business.
copyrights is not the most serious problem facing the bitcoin dice sites but i do not think we break any copyright and  if we find that the name or  the theme make any problems for us in the future we can change it or re brand it in the worst scenario which is not a big deal too
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

Indeed!  I'm wondering if that name is going to hinder their growth in the future---I mean if they were to get really big, it seems like they might risk trademark violations.  If they stay small, obviously it won't matter, but then again, they'd be small.

legendary

Indeed!  I'm wondering if that name is going to hinder their growth in the future---I mean if they were to get really big, it seems like they might risk trademark violations.  If they stay small, obviously it won't matter, but then again, they'd be small.
Activity: 42
i cant deposit

its seems that the blockchain.info RPC API goes down again , it should not take long for them to fix it ... this problem happens yesterday they fix it few hours later .
also we are working to setup our own RPC soon so we will not relay on the blockchain.info API
i cant deposit
legendary
ive been playing a little and i noticed this earlier. my base bet is 57 sats as youll see and when i lose its taking 58sats from me? pretty sure thats not supposed to happen.

ive been playing a little and i noticed this earlier. my base bet is 57 sats as youll see and when i lose its taking 58sats from me? pretty sure thats not supposed to happen.

Could it be some kind of rounding error on the multiplier?  I admit, it looks like an error to me too.

There shouldn't be any multiplier applied - when you lose, you lose 100% of your stake. But it does look like a floating point rounding error.
That's what I was thinking too!

you would know better than most of us, all i know is its a bug that needs fixed. and it wasnt just on 1 bet it was multiple bets which can be verified by saw dice admin when they log in. all they gotta do is check the bet history on the account

58 is  just a display error it was because the browser did a rounding to the nearest 8 decimal places but it was 57 in the bet calculations and this view problem is fixed now and to be more sure you can recheck the bet id and the server seed and client seed with the verify system on the site and u will see it as 57 not 58
@yahoo62278, if this is fixed correctly, it seems like your balance should have changed as well.

@sawdice, probably best to move your code to calculate with Satoshis as the base unit---that's what all the bitcoin wallets I've looked at do under the hood.  Obviously you'll still need to represent sometimes as a float because of your floating point multipliers, but if Satoshis are the unit, you shouldn't be having issues of a browser rounding you to the nearest one like you're seeing here.
Activity: 288
Merit: 113
Web dev for hire
hi. i dont mean to sound like im ungrateful, but please consult your logs about the exact transactions associated with my account.

as you can see from my original screenshot, i had 12.8 in my balance. i withdrew 0.1 and 0.5 from the hot wallet and then you sent me 11.5. This leaves 0.7 in my account, but my balance is 0.

Even if my initial deposit was counted twice (as you've mentioned in your pm), i should still have at least 0.6 btc in my account.

Look forward to hearing from you.

We verified your logs and yes you were right, and we added your 0.6 BTC to your balance and you may withdraw them anytime you want.

Thank you!

I would just like to state publicly that i have been able to withdraw the additional 0.6 (apart from the 11.5 that ive been sent), and that the OP has been completely professional about the whole process. I will trust this site with my bitcoins again.

Could it be some kind of rounding error on the multiplier?  I admit, it looks like an error to me too.

There shouldn't be any multiplier applied - when you lose, you lose 100% of your stake. But it does look like a floating point rounding error.

you would know better than most of us, all i know is its a bug that needs fixed. and it wasnt just on 1 bet it was multiple bets which can be verified by saw dice admin when they log in. all they gotta do is check the bet history on the account

58 is  just a display error it was because the browser did a rounding to the nearest 8 decimal places but it was 57 in the bet calculations and this view problem is fixed now and to be more sure you can recheck the bet id and the server seed and client seed with the verify system on the site and u will see it as 57 not 58
legendary

Could it be some kind of rounding error on the multiplier?  I admit, it looks like an error to me too.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

Could it be some kind of rounding error on the multiplier?  I admit, it looks like an error to me too.

legendary

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: