Pages:
Author

Topic: sawdice the New Age of Dice - Let's play a game. - page 11. (Read 27083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
I'm perturbed. You just funded that. Which means that prior to yesterday, you did not have a cold wallet at all. That also leads me to consider you probably haven't secured the cold wallet properly.

You also claimed to have 4-figures of BTC before, then 3-figures. That cold wallet barely comes to 100 BTC.

I will hold my promise though, and remove the negative trust.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Sawdice.com is back again, we were working on the whole system, sorry for the inconvenience.

Now Sawdice.com is faster and better than ever, and can handle up to 20k bets per second.

The provably fair system is updated to make the players sure it's 100% fair.

Max payout for now is 20 BTC

To make up for the downtime we made the house edge only 0.5% for the next 10 days till - 6/13/2015

And of course the cold wallet storage.

https://blockchain.info/address/1DUTgipJHFctU3UyWFavWmddRea7cAR5YK

We are glad to get your feedback on the new system, and if there's anything wrong feel free to contact us.

stay tuned for more offers and giveaways.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Further, the person on here may not even speak English all that well.  Imagine if you ended up with a job where people were asking you to perform technical tasks which aren't your job to do in a language you only partly understand.

I'm not sure I would take a job where my primary responsibility would be talking to people in a language I didn't know.

If I was asked to perform a task I wasn't capable of, I would reply saying that I didn't know how to do it, and that I would attempt to get in touch with the appropriate person. I wouldn't keep promising to do it "in two days", "by this time tomorrow", "next week", etc. and then not doing it. That would make the company I was representing look bad.
Right, but this assumes that you understand the nature of the request.  If you were in a mentality of trying to keep a good face for your company (say you're the best English-speaker in the group, but you're still not a good one) and you weren't sure if admitting that you didn't know how to do X would make you look better or worse, you might obfuscate to avoid the situation.

I expect the reason they won't show us their cold storage is because they don't have it in place yet. Maybe they're intending to buy some coins and it's taking longer than expect to get it all in place, but then why not say that rather than giving us this bullshit "by this time tomorrow" line? I think all we're asking for is a little transparency. What's going on? What's the hold up here?

My caveat aside, I basically agree with everything you just said, dooglus.  I guess my main point above was that when you write things out like this, it seems helpful and beneficial to the discussion, when things get sarcastic and snooty, less so.  Hopefully these guys can get their act together.  I'm curious whether they owe anyone any money.  As was said on an earlier, it might be embarrasing to admit that you had left money deposited on sawdice, but that seems like a more crucial point to me than them proving their cold-storage.  Ie, did they actually take anyone's money that they need to pay back?  Maybe no one deposited anything, I dunno.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Further, the person on here may not even speak English all that well.  Imagine if you ended up with a job where people were asking you to perform technical tasks which aren't your job to do in a language you only partly understand.

I'm not sure I would take a job where my primary responsibility would be talking to people in a language I didn't know.

If I was asked to perform a task I wasn't capable of, I would reply saying that I didn't know how to do it, and that I would attempt to get in touch with the appropriate person. I wouldn't keep promising to do it "in two days", "by this time tomorrow", "next week", etc. and then not doing it. That would make the company I was representing look bad.

I expect the reason they won't show us their cold storage is because they don't have it in place yet. Maybe they're intending to buy some coins and it's taking longer than expect to get it all in place, but then why not say that rather than giving us this bullshit "by this time tomorrow" line? I think all we're asking for is a little transparency. What's going on? What's the hold up here?
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
^ Don't disagree completely with you. But there are a few problems with what you said.

I just want to encourage you guys to try to give people a bit more of the benefit-of-the-doubt until there isn't a doubt.

Some situations can drag on forever if people let them. It's better to pressure the site to solve the problems immediately than allow it to run and players deposit there and maybe be scammed in the end.

Yes, I know the answers to these questions, but my point is that not everyone does.  It's completely plausible that the person who's representing sawdice to the outside world knows very little about how bitcoins are stored and transferred.  What's more, if that cold-storage address is indeed in cold storage, then it might not be imported into any computer that's accessible easily.  Further, the person on here may not even speak English all that well.  Imagine if you ended up with a job where people were asking you to perform technical tasks which aren't your job to do in a language you only partly understand.

Can't imagine there are a lot of people working on the site. But it's hard to imagine they were able to put everything together and not know such basic things. And not spending 5 minutes online searching how it works first. But if they really have those problems it would be easier to say so, and ask for help. Through pm if needed or in another thread. Instead they just keep on delaying and making it look worse.
legendary
Don't worry tomorrow by this time the site will be up again and the cold storage wallet will be provided.

What's the delay in providing the cold storage wallet?

Why do you keep delaying it?

I understand if you're having trouble getting the site to work properly, but signing a message should be easy enough.

It's a single command, and costs nothing to do:

Code:
$ bitcoin-cli signmessage 16MSwieKFiD4BwEmrugnMm5zAgouH8BUkc "dooglus signed this for the sawdice thread - Wed Jun 10 13:49:33 PDT 2015"
HMg6kWAPyci9W5cB4xL3OkSgPZ5S4hQ2og0jHDpIJTp6Lk8UBhOt7fSmWQuTEdvsb0x1FnYXZL0ZqltvrskmrQE=

Well, I got this PM a lil' while ago:

actually there's a reason for that delay in providing the cold wallet storage. but i can't announce it right now.

Clearly something extra-important has come up to prevent them from being able to type a command, and being able to say why they can't type the command...

I want to say that I know nothing of the internal structure of this organization, and I've never played there.  But I think you guys aren't being completely fair when you're getting all sarcastic about typing commands.  I use GNU/Linux and bitcoin core and I understand what a terminal emulator is and cetera.  However, it may very well be the case that the person who is representing sawdice here knows literally nothing about this.  This person may have a background in graphic design, or who knows what.  You can't just say "type a command" to the average guy on the street and expect that s/he knows how to parse what you're saying.  Consider, your example just says type a command, it doesn't specify "on a system running bitcoind",in CMD or windows, or at a terminal emulator on a standard computer;  it doesn't say what to do with the $ (do you type it or not?).  Yes, I know the answers to these questions, but my point is that not everyone does.  It's completely plausible that the person who's representing sawdice to the outside world knows very little about how bitcoins are stored and transferred.  What's more, if that cold-storage address is indeed in cold storage, then it might not be imported into any computer that's accessible easily.  Further, the person on here may not even speak English all that well.  Imagine if you ended up with a job where people were asking you to perform technical tasks which aren't your job to do in a language you only partly understand.

Listen, guys, I know there have been all kinds of troubles and scams and shady characters and of course that history has it's impact on how we see the world today.  I just want to encourage you guys to try to give people a bit more of the benefit-of-the-doubt until there isn't a doubt.  When every potentially problematic action becomes license for a public lynching, it's a bit of a sad state of affairs for people who have shown up with an open mind to learn, IMO.

Anyway, that's my opinion.  nb4flametrolls: I am not defending the actions of sawdice and please don't construe my words as doing so.  I'm merely trying to provide some constructive criticism for some trusted members here who could, perhaps, imo, be a little more gentle with their requests---and, if you really want to give technical instructions, it's important to fill in a bit of background.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Just need 2 days, please have some patience.

2 days is quite a long time to sign a message. at this point no one has doubts that your site will never be back, regardless of your intentions.
Just need 2 days, please have some patience.
legendary
Don't worry tomorrow by this time the site will be up again and the cold storage wallet will be provided.

I understand if you're having trouble getting the site to work properly, but signing a message should be easy enough.

Code:
$ bitcoin-cli signmessage 16MSwieKFiD4BwEmrugnMm5zAgouH8BUkc "dooglus signed this for the sawdice thread - Wed Jun 10 13:49:33 PDT 2015"
HMg6kWAPyci9W5cB4xL3OkSgPZ5S4hQ2og0jHDpIJTp6Lk8UBhOt7fSmWQuTEdvsb0x1FnYXZL0ZqltvrskmrQE=

Well, I got this PM a lil' while ago:

actually there's a reason for that delay in providing the cold wallet storage. but i can't announce it right now.

Clearly something extra-important has come up to prevent them from being able to type a command, and being able to say why they can't type the command...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

Code:

It is approximately 45 minutes away from "tomorrow by this time", and the cold storage wallet has still not been provided on this thread. I'm starting to wonder if you're ever going to actually come up with it at this point, as you've delayed it, and delayed it, and delayed it.

It's a shame that the site will not be up today, it will have to take 2 more days .But you gotta know that we gained nothing from this delaying.

and there goes any future trust you might have. it might be better to just refund anyone who deposited and try again with another dice site, with this new delay I dont see any hope of trust for your site.

Maybe you are right, but we're still hoping to go through it.
legendary

It is approximately 45 minutes away from "tomorrow by this time", and the cold storage wallet has still not been provided on this thread. I'm starting to wonder if you're ever going to actually come up with it at this point, as you've delayed it, and delayed it, and delayed it.

It's a shame that the site will not be up today, it will have to take 2 more days .But you gotta know that we gained nothing from this delaying.

and there goes any future trust you might have. it might be better to just refund anyone who deposited and try again with another dice site, with this new delay I dont see any hope of trust for your site.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035
Start did not work out. If even now you do everything as it should be, it will be very difficult to rebuild trust.

It certainly will be a good lesson for all those who think run such a service.

That's good to hear and that'll be good to see.  It's unforunate that there's been so many scams that people have to be cautious about giving negative reputation---however, given the history here, it makes sense.  Nevertheless, I, for one, will be happy to see you clear your name if you're really providing a legit service.

We've been going through a lot of unfortunate incidences which caused all that problem, and believe me the only one who lose from all that downtime was us.
legendary

That's good to hear and that'll be good to see.  It's unforunate that there's been so many scams that people have to be cautious about giving negative reputation---however, given the history here, it makes sense.  Nevertheless, I, for one, will be happy to see you clear your name if you're really providing a legit service.
legendary
After launching the site we discovered some flaws in it, also we found out that the provably fair system is not 100% fair and it's not good to let people play in such unfair condition, so we took the website down till we fix the problems.
it wasn't supposed to be down all that time but it's happened and it will be up again in 3 days AT MOST.

Okay, so what about the cold storage verification you were supposed to provide? You've still failed to provide any proof of that and you're currently just under a week late on it. Even if your website is down, you should still be able to provide proof of your cold storage - so what is causing the delay, may I ask?

We will provide everything including the cold storage verification the minute we announce the site back . just few more days and then you can see for yourself.

I don't understand the need to lie and say you are going to do something and not do it  Huh Few more days and we hear nothing, if I am honest that is not really to much of a surprise but what is curious is you say that you will verify your cold storage address when you won't. Why not just say no instead of the pretence, anyway hopefully there isn't much players playing at sawdice because you are acting shady.

There isn't much players playing at Sawdice right now because the site is down as we mentioned to fix the problems, because we don't want players to play at Sawdice until we fix it.

I dunno what is everyone's intentions, but if we were scaming why would i bother replying in the first place.

Like I said the thing that is making you look like you are planning a scam is not keeping to your word about showing cold storage. If you did manage to keep to your word and prove you own the funds you claim then that would be a good start. Intentions from most people here is to find the truth and get the truth to minimise any potential losses anyone might have. Why is a signed message taking so long? You could just be honest and say you don't own what you claimed to have.
as stated earlier, you dont need a working dice site to prove your cold wallet funds. my negative feedback will be staying until a signed message is provided as well. It takes around 15 seconds to make a signed message with today's date on it, I think you can spare 15 seconds from "fixing your site" to prove to everyone you arent a scam.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
After launching the site we discovered some flaws in it, also we found out that the provably fair system is not 100% fair and it's not good to let people play in such unfair condition, so we took the website down till we fix the problems.
it wasn't supposed to be down all that time but it's happened and it will be up again in 3 days AT MOST.

Okay, so what about the cold storage verification you were supposed to provide? You've still failed to provide any proof of that and you're currently just under a week late on it. Even if your website is down, you should still be able to provide proof of your cold storage - so what is causing the delay, may I ask?

We will provide everything including the cold storage verification the minute we announce the site back . just few more days and then you can see for yourself.

I don't understand the need to lie and say you are going to do something and not do it  Huh Few more days and we hear nothing, if I am honest that is not really to much of a surprise but what is curious is you say that you will verify your cold storage address when you won't. Why not just say no instead of the pretence, anyway hopefully there isn't much players playing at sawdice because you are acting shady.

There isn't much players playing at Sawdice right now because the site is down as we mentioned to fix the problems, because we don't want players to play at Sawdice until we fix it.

I dunno what is everyone's intentions, but if we were scaming why would i bother replying in the first place.

Like I said the thing that is making you look like you are planning a scam is not keeping to your word about showing cold storage. If you did manage to keep to your word and prove you own the funds you claim then that would be a good start. Intentions from most people here is to find the truth and get the truth to minimise any potential losses anyone might have. Why is a signed message taking so long? You could just be honest and say you don't own what you claimed to have.
Pages:
Jump to: