Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAM - Coinabul owe me 81btc - page 12. (Read 61619 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
March 27, 2013, 07:07:02 AM
It seems other active customers are not getting PMs sent back (after weeks). He might just be overwhelmed or well this is the beginning of the end of a large scam.
Or perhaps just the end of a company with shitty customer service.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 27, 2013, 05:30:38 AM
but according to Jon:

... Jay has now resolved both issues that gained notoriety on the forums and this subreddit, ...

That's half true. A resolution has been proposed, but it hasn't been... 'consummated'.

And I haven't received any communications at all. It may well be that with Jon leaving, Jay is snowed under. But given the visibility that this has gained, I'd have thought this would be near the top of his to-do list...
legendary
Activity: 910
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 26, 2013, 04:57:12 PM
no... that's just how they are...

you ask if they have an item in stock.. they say yes... and you'll get it in a few days... then you wait 3-4 weeks for them to purchase the item...

expect such excuses such as

- its hard to buy gold at the moment
- we didn't see your email
- 3-4x you will recieve your item this week

Activity: 675
Merit: 502
March 26, 2013, 04:33:31 PM
I put a Coinabul order in on Wednesday which was supposed to have "Next Day Express" shipping. The order is still showing as "processing."

I spoke with and got an email from Jay on Thursday saying it should be shipped by Monday. It's late Tuesday now, my order still says "processing," and I have heard nothing new. Just left a message on his phone.

I know things may be shaken up because the one guy quit, but customers should at least be kept updated.

Edit: Just got a call, was told I should have a tracking number within 24 hours. . .
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
March 26, 2013, 12:25:32 PM
Isn't the owner of Coinabul aware of what thread like these mean to his business?

Programmers rarely have customer service skills.
Activity: 826
March 26, 2013, 11:59:20 AM
Wait so the guy named 'Coinabul' was just an employee and not the owner of the company?  I hope the site moderators let him change his name....

Jay has control of account it seems. (or atleast now he does)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/coinabul-42204
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
March 26, 2013, 11:46:24 AM
Isn't the owner of Coinabul aware of what threads like these mean to his business? Negative opinions spread a lot faster than positive ones. It is difficult to acquire trust and respect and so easy to lose it. Or maybe he only relies on a select few customers who are regular buyers and doesn't need to worry about the rest of the customers?
Activity: 938
www.multipool.us
March 26, 2013, 11:42:57 AM
Wait so the guy named 'Coinabul' was just an employee and not the owner of the company?  I hope the site moderators let him change his name....
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
March 26, 2013, 11:18:29 AM
I'm lost for words!
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
March 26, 2013, 08:19:38 AM
cmon guys not worth fighting over this. Just try to put any emotions aside and talk and resolve it. Customer is always right, no matter how harassing or annoying or posting stuff on forums he might (or might not) be. It is so much easier to do the right thing for customer and move on than fighting it (rightly or wrongly).
legendary
Activity: 1441
Live and enjoy experiments
March 26, 2013, 08:16:03 AM
but according to Jon:

... Jay has now resolved both issues that gained notoriety on the forums and this subreddit, ...
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
March 26, 2013, 07:30:27 AM
wow

So is this still not resolved?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
firstbits 1LoCBS
March 26, 2013, 07:15:48 AM
March 26, 2013, 06:24:43 AM
Do you reside outside the United States?

Yep.

Get your silver or a refund yet? Or any in writing confirmation that they will send you a refund or silver?

Nope. Haven't heard from them at all. Nothing since the post at the top of page 10. I sent them a PM nearly a week ago, but no response to that either.
March 26, 2013, 04:36:25 AM

Yep.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
March 19, 2013, 08:15:20 PM
March 19, 2013, 05:01:55 AM

What I meant was I wonder if Con-A-Bull will do the right thing and send you the silver. I kinda doubt they will.

Well, as they say, it's not over until the fat lady sings. And she hasn't uttered so much as a word since the last big post.

I'll be sure to post on the thread if I hear a song.
March 19, 2013, 04:12:08 AM

Until there's a myriad of unhappy customers of Coinabul, there's probably no reason to further concern ourselves about them, but vigilant eyes remain on them, as well as on a host of other entities, thus keeping the systems of things in check.

I'll personally reserve the right to retain my concern until I actually receive a replacement...

Wonder if OP will ever do the right thing :/

OP, as in me?
Activity: 938
www.multipool.us
March 18, 2013, 11:32:14 PM
[Monday, November 05, 2012] [05:56:27 PM] absolutely, and if I can't get them to properly cover the parcel I'll quite possibly end up covering a portion of the loss out of pocket in replacements

This is the standing offer I made to Kris on the same day I was told by our insurance company that they'd likely be unable to cover the cost of replacement.

Sorry, but "If X happens, I may do Y" does not constitute an offer capable of being accepted.

Yes, I flew off the handle a bit when I saw this thread: I worked Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, my birthday, and New Years' Eve, New Years Day, et cetera, both this year and last. I generally work 6 or 7 days per week, and get 8 hours of sleep perhaps two nights out of the month. Instead of taking care of my financial needs, I invest every spare cent back into the company and staff, and vicariously my customers. Just one example of that is me to this day driving a car that is past the age of majority for voting, having children, drinking etc in many countries. In any possible way I help the company's growth via minimizing my own expenditures, and increase customer satisfaction by having a larger amount and variety of inventory in our vaults. So between Kris not even emailing me about the offer I made him before posting here, combined with the countless sacrifices I make as a general rule to help my customers, I of course took his accusation and the inaccuracies of his account very personally.

None of this is in any way relevant to the issue at hand.  Nor is your information about your insurance and shipping policies.

-As I said before, out of thousands of shipments this has been our only failed claim to date. Our loss rates, claim-success-rates aside, are around 0.25%, which is exceedingly low. That's why I offered Kris some replacement metal happily in November.

Except you didn't.  You said that if "his" claim wasn't paid, you *might* possibly wind up covering a portion of his loss.  That is nowhere near the same as offering him a replacement.

I'm not quite sure what the uproar is about: Nearly 5 months ago I tried to open the door with him as far as my willingness to cover some, if not all, of the cost of his failed insurance claim.

What do you mean by 'his claim'?  Your language indicates that you still somehow view this as his problem when the consensus in the thread has been that it is not.

Instead of taking me up on it, he just sent non-substantive IRC messages continually and posted on the forums complaining about 80btc. I'm re-extending that offer to him again, despite his less-than-truthful portrayal of events. As my long-term customers and peers will tell you, I tend to be a very reasonable person if you take the time to talk to me and will always bend over backwards to enrich Bitcoin in any way possible.

I think you owe him his 80 BTC back or full shipment of whatever he bought, plus interest. If you lived in the same country as him you'd probably be getting hauled into court about now.
Pages:
Jump to: