Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAM Darkcoin instamine 2 millions DRKs (50% of darkcoin in circulation) - page 6. (Read 82588 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255
Monero idealists are saying it doesn't matter that the hashrate is dominated by botnets.

Monero coins have been and are being minted by criminals using unaware people's computers and electricity without their consent, and the people buying those coins off the criminals are happily receiving stolen property while riding their high horse of crypto morality.

Nonsense - we invented Smart Mining to address both mining centralisation AND the risk of botnets. We're not ignoring the risk, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin have all had major botnet mining problems, I don't think any cryptocurrency can pretend it's not at risk. The difference is that we're actually doing something about it instead of pretending it doesn't exist:)

Additionally, there is a marked difference between the unavoidable occurrence of a criminal enterprise unrelated to us exploiting others for their personal gain (and dumping their illicitly mined coins on the open market) vs. a scammer who mined 15% of the total currency with his buddies within a few hours of launch. We have no evidence that those coins are on the open market at all, despite any claims to the contrary ("Evan said so" is not evidence).

Hi Fluffy

This is quite a serious accusation you are making.  And because you are the lead dev of Monero I trust that you can back up such serious allegations.

Please can you provide the proof of your 2 claims here for the record:

1. That Evan Duffield "mined 15% of the total currency with his buddies within a few hours of launch"

2. That Evan Duffield is "a scammer" (because that implies fraud)

Thanks

BF
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Monero idealists are saying it doesn't matter that the hashrate is dominated by botnets.

Monero coins have been and are being minted by criminals using unaware people's computers and electricity without their consent, and the people buying those coins off the criminals are happily receiving stolen property while riding their high horse of crypto morality.

Nonsense - we invented Smart Mining to address both mining centralisation AND the risk of botnets. We're not ignoring the risk, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin have all had major botnet mining problems, I don't think any cryptocurrency can pretend it's not at risk. The difference is that we're actually doing something about it instead of pretending it doesn't exist:)

Additionally, there is a marked difference between the unavoidable occurrence of a criminal enterprise unrelated to us exploiting others for their personal gain (and dumping their illicitly mined coins on the open market) vs. a scammer who mined 15% of the total currency with his buddies within a few hours of launch. We have no evidence that those coins are on the open market at all, despite any claims to the contrary ("Evan said so" is not evidence).
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I just wanted to piss off the regular trolls because I know that's just eating them up inside. I know, that was weak of me.

Bad boy.  Grin

The hard truth is that all of these Cryptonote and other "anon-altcoins" are not needed (and will never be needed) for 99% of users in a situation where DASH works as intended.
That is why their number one goal - to kill DASH, but do not develop their own coins. While Dash is still alive - all their "cryptographical fairy tales" have no practical meaning.
So resultative trolling and lies are the only hope for success for Monero and other "dreamers".

Obviously they will unite lots of very "best" people around this difficult and "intelligent" mission.
Good luck to their destructive community.  Cool

Disruptive technology is about destruction and the new world that rises from its ashes won't be built on the shoulders of a fraud.

Coins being mined fast in the beginning is hardly a crime in comparison to a huge percentage of coins having been created through crime and now being stolen property.

Now that's some food for your "massive media assault".
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
I just wanted to piss off the regular trolls because I know that's just eating them up inside. I know, that was weak of me.

Bad boy.  Grin

The hard truth is that all of these Cryptonote and other "anon-altcoins" are not needed (and will never be needed) for 99% of users in a situation where DASH works as intended.
That is why their number one goal - to kill DASH, but do not develop their own coins. While Dash is still alive - all their "cryptographical fairy tales" have no practical meaning.
So resultative trolling and lies are the only hope for success for Monero and other "dreamers".

Obviously they will unite lots of very "best" people around this difficult and "intelligent" mission.

Disruptive technology is about destruction and the new world that rises from its ashes won't be built on the shoulders of a fraud.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

Bad boy.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

That's incorrect. 1.9 million was mined in 24 hours (1.5 million in just eight hours). The current minted total is 5,302,819. That makes the one-day instamine around 35%.

generalizethis explained very well on another thread (where it was also explained -- and documented -- that it was not a "fast mine" or an accident but a deceptively orchestrated scam) why this permanently relegates DASH to being nothing more than a pump-and-dump shitcoin. DASH carries within the genetics of its fraudulent launch the terminator gene and will self destruct at the first whiff of mainstream success (though in fact even getting that far is highly unlikely)

Trade it and take profits if you must, but labor under no illusion that dash has a promising future.

Very quick diagnosis. The dash instamine matters because: even though BTC by all accounts had a fair launch, it still enjoys the label of ponzi by some in the media and still has yet to jump any mass adoption hurdles. What do you think this same media will do if dash were to make a play as BTC's replacement? Do you think a coin that looks, smells, and most importantly reads in Evan's own quotation marks as a fraud is going to be ushered to the throne without a massive media assault?  Because billionaires and governments like having their money replaced by a top heavy band of pseudo-cypherpunks with the moral compass of a fraternity next to a rohypnol factory. So yes, dash supporter, everyone is paid to get you, but ironically by your own hand. And if you think it is bad now, you have no idea of the shit storm that would be leveled at you if you even got a whiff of BTC's market cap.

If Evan had really wanted to replace BTC, he would have foreseen every thing I just outlined and realized there were only two options: 1. a fair relaunch or 2. admit it was an instamine and said "a dev has got to get paid how a dev has got to get paid". He didn't--he wanted the benefit of an instamine without the perception of greed, but didn't think far enough ahead to see his creation as a replacement for BTC and what the consequences of his actions would be if he ever truly got on the same playing field as BTC. The fact that his coin made it to the top five with this hanging over its head should be congratulations enough--the market rewarding his misplayed strategy with being the heir to Satoshi's kingdom is a pipe-dream wrapped in rainbows flecked with fairy dust.
Yea I sometimes like to irritate obnoxious trolls. Does that make me a bad person?

wut.. no premine but you have 5k to throw?  Huh

The error in block reward calculation caused coins being spewed out faster than I anticipated, and I thought 5k coins was a lot at the time. Until I checked my miner's wallet.  Tongue

I hope that doesn't irritate you.

No, I just don't believe you.  Wink Goodnight.  Kiss

If it makes you be able to sleep better then by all means, don't believe it.

Btw, 5k was worth 0.125 BTC in the OTC deals during the first weeks.
legendary
Yea I sometimes like to irritate obnoxious trolls. Does that make me a bad person?

The error in block reward calculation caused coins being spewed out faster than I anticipated, and I thought 5k coins was a lot at the time. Until I checked my miner's wallet.  Tongue

No, I just don't believe you.  Wink Goodnight.  Kiss

legendary
I can't go through every post you've ever written, or read your mind, or use some magical impetus to divine your thoughts and actions.

Well, that doesn't seem to stop you from drawing the conclusions that fit your agenda and stating them as facts.

If you want people to not think greed is your motive, simply stop insisting that others criticize your chosen project because they didn't profit from it the same way you did--also, you are aware that that isn't a selling point, but more of a "OK, I'm happy for you, but how does that benefit me in any way, shape or form?" point? Rhetorical.

If you don't want me to draw the conclusion that I think you are greedy, you should probably chose different words--here's a good starting point that you can move on from and extricate yourself from the fraud you've chosen to endorse:

If you want to irritate people by stating that they're just angry that they missed out on the Dash profit, then you should be aware that they could just as easily accuse you of being angry at them for following through on their suspicions of fraud and choosing to actively fight it instead of actively supporting it. Some people resent others for following their initial instinct when they in fact found reasons not to. I think Patton called it the unforgiving hour.
I can't go through every post you've ever written, or read your mind, or use some magical impetus to divine your thoughts and actions.

Well, that doesn't seem to stop you from drawing the conclusions that fit your agenda and stating them as facts.

If you want people to not think greed is your motive, simply stop insisting that others criticize your chosen project because they didn't profit from it the same way you did--also, you are aware that that isn't a selling point, but more of a "OK, I'm happy for you, but how does that benefit me in any way, shape or form?" point? Rhetorical.

legendary
I have tried to instamine a lot of coins, some were successes, most weren't. It's funny though, the most profitable mines have caused the most controversy.

Thank you for revealing that profit is your only motive and you can't wrap your mind around the fact that other people have different motives and presume (badly) that anyone critical of your profit is just jealous.

Where did I reveal profit is my only motive? I might have one more motive, or even multiple, without not hating money conflicting with them.

Since we're niggling I'll fill in the unstated ellipsis for you.

Thank you for revealing that profit is the only motive that I've seen you display as I can't go through every post you've ever written, or read your mind, or use some magical impetus to divine your thoughts and actions. If you want people to not think greed is your motive, simply stop insisting that others criticize your chosen project because they didn't profit from it the same way you did--also, you are aware that that isn't a selling point, but more of a "OK, I'm happy for you, but how does that benefit me in any way, shape or form?" point? Rhetorical.

I'm an INTJ and it's just not what moves us.

I read the description of "INTJ" and didn't see dyslexia or reading incomprehension being descriptive characteristics of one.

Ad hominem, clever.
I have tried to instamine a lot of coins, some were successes, most weren't. It's funny though, the most profitable mines have caused the most controversy.

Thank you for revealing that profit is your only motive and you can't wrap your mind around the fact that other people have different motives and presume (badly) that anyone critical of your profit is just jealous.

Where did I reveal profit is my only motive? I might have one more motive, or even multiple, without not hating money conflicting with them.

I'm an INTJ and it's just not what moves us.

I read the description of "INTJ" and didn't see dyslexia or reading incomprehension being descriptive characteristics of one.
legendary
So by your logic, a jury only convicted Madoff because they were mad that they didn't get in early enough? Rhetorical.  Roll Eyes

That's not the same logic at all. Shove your straw man where the sun don't shine.

How is it not the same logic? You're telling me (reading my thoughts, badly) that the only reason I'm critical of Dash is that I didn't benefit from it's fraudulent launch, when I'm saying it's an instamine and needs to be reminded of that fact every day until it is either gone or Evan admits that it was intentional.  Wink You used a strawman (I 'm only mad because I didn't get rewarded by the same fraud rewarded you) and complain when I use the same tactic on you? Pot, meet.... Doesn't matter though, Evan's still more than likely a liar and the coin was instamined, so you still have that issue as much today as you did yesterday.

I said Dash was instamined and I'm not letting you or Evan forget it or change names to distance yourself from it.

And I said I don't think there's anyone trying to say a lot of coins weren't mined fast in the beginning. I'm certainly not trying to. The only thing the one year old fast mine at the beginning matters now or in the future is that some people don't like it.

You saying I'm not arguing the point is not the same as Evan admitting it in public and putting an end to any listing of Dash as a fair launch. That's what I want.

Not angry about the instamine. I'm mad that you think I should think it's OK and that Evan still claims it was an accident-- but thanks for illustrating your rationalization that most coins are instamined and therefore it is OK--reveals a lot about who you are and what you're about.

Thank you for revealing that profit is your only motive and you can't wrap your mind around the fact that other people have different motives and presume (badly) that anyone critical of your profit is just jealous. The people I admire most are Ghandi and Che, not Enron. I know this is difficult for you to grasp but money isn't even that important to me as a motivator--I'm an INTJ and it's just not what moves us. But congratulations on publicly admitting that money is what's most important to you and making fun of people who haven't benefited from the schemes you've been involved with--no way anyone can see that as a SELL sign.  Wink
G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
Some exchanges are staking PoS coins, did you know this? Are you angry about it?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it as a consensus mechanism that currently actively encourages theft somewhere in my post history. Legitimately I'm pretty pissed that those coins aren't distributed to their respective holders, yet understand that it would require effort that would likely be paid for by staking the coins in the first place. So yea, I mad. Whenever that bill is paid, and people think they've paid enough, my opinion is that people will start pushing for their money back. Or more likely something I don't expect will come out of it. Guess it's up to Cryptsy and their users.

Btw, how do you propose those "20 people" would collude using their >50% of the masternodes?

Obviously to spread fear and doubt by attribution to a 51% mining attack as a logical fallacy. Seriously though, give me some time and I'll put together some reasonable thought about it. I'm going to look at InstantX now, because from what I read about it, two nodes are selected randomly. If 50% is colluding between 7 people, that would seem to indicate a nearly 100% chance of knowing for sure your node will be selected. Wouldn't want to go and reach too far here though, I'll get back to this when I read into this.

Hey did they get blinding any closer to being on mainnet yet? Or, at least some kind of better description of its functionality? Kinda looking forward to see if it's still gonna be possible to trace transactions using the unique number of denominated inputs per darksend.

I don't know if the network chatter is the reason, maybe 1k is a nice round number, and maybe 3-4k nodes (eventually) is considered to be enough.

Hm, guess I'll look around for a technical reasoning for that, pretty sure it was literally just a couple of posts after evan posted that 1k is just an example number, and would likely be 'too much'.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Just a little analysis:

There is one entity/person that already owns 675 masternodes, which is around 28% given current count of masternodes. So I think it is more grativating towards the minimum than the maximum.

Relevant post:

Now that link shows only 14k DASH in that wallet.

The site says "This feature is very experimental, inaccurate and not updated in real-time."

You can still see the inputs scraped for all the masternodes here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1702385.htm
If you increase the value of everyone's holdings, no one is getting scammed. It's totally different than decreasing the value of everyone's holdings. Even you must understand this.

You're only taking into account half the picture. Increase the value of everyone's holdings now, on the dollar of every future investor. Decreasing the value of everyone's holdings now, not on the dollar of every future investor, but your own.

Even you should be able to see this.

Actually, decreasing the inflation will benefit the future investor as well.

Can you explain the "take that money from them" part further, I'm not getting what you're trying to say. There are people with < 1000 DRK pooling together to run nodes btw. If there aren't enough of them to your liking, it's because the rewards are not good enough as the price of the coin is still very low. I'd expect the amount of people doing that to increase further if the price would let's say 10x.

Well, people hand the exchanges thousands. In turn, the exchanges "take that money from the current masternode operators". Because the exchange doesn't have to purchase these coins out right, yet still will set up masternodes to collect/siphon money (from the MN reward structure) from the other people that have actually paid for their coins, they are encouraged to steal from these people. Not a good business model.

How many nodes have been created by pooled money? Is it even anywhere enough to change the numbers in the figure I posted? Is this service managed by one person? The people pooling these coins, do not own the nodes directly, do they? It is safe to say that the ownership of the masternode is more correctly described as being under control of the manager?

There won't be anywhere near enough of them so long as the collateral required is 1k, because even doubling the amount now still only gives less than 20 people minimum that could potentially collude and have control of >50% of the masternode network.

If the only argument to keeping the 1k number is to prevent 'network chatter' then the method is just not scalable to a real world application.

Some exchanges are staking PoS coins, did you know this? Are you angry about it?

There are individual people posting in dashtalk.org seeking for partners, and there are people managing the pools. So there are both. Dunno the exact numbers.

Btw, how do you propose those "20 people" would collude using their >50% of the masternodes?

I don't know if the network chatter is the reason, maybe 1k is a nice round number, and maybe 3-4k nodes (eventually) is considered to be enough.
G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
If you increase the value of everyone's holdings, no one is getting scammed. It's totally different than decreasing the value of everyone's holdings. Even you must understand this.

You're only taking into account half the picture. Increase the value of everyone's holdings now, on the dollar of every future investor. Decreasing the value of everyone's holdings now, not on the dollar of every future investor, but your own.

Even you should be able to see this.

Can you explain the "take that money from them" part further, I'm not getting what you're trying to say. There are people with < 1000 DRK pooling together to run nodes btw. If there aren't enough of them to your liking, it's because the rewards are not good enough as the price of the coin is still very low. I'd expect the amount of people doing that to increase further if the price would let's say 10x.

Well, people hand the exchanges thousands. In turn, the exchanges "take that money from the current masternode operators". Because the exchange doesn't have to purchase these coins out right, yet still will set up masternodes to collect/siphon money (from the MN reward structure) from the other people that have actually paid for their coins, they are encouraged to steal from these people. Not a good business model.

How many nodes have been created by pooled money? Is it even anywhere enough to change the numbers in the figure I posted? Is this service managed by one person? The people pooling these coins, do not own the nodes directly, do they? It is safe to say that the ownership of the masternode is more correctly described as being under control of the manager?

There won't be anywhere near enough of them so long as the collateral required is 1k, because even doubling the amount now still only gives less than 20 people minimum that could potentially collude and have control of >50% of the masternode network.

If the only argument to keeping the 1k number is to prevent 'network chatter' then the method is just not scalable to a real world application.
So by your logic, a jury only convicted Madoff because they were mad that they didn't get in early enough? Rhetorical.  Roll Eyes

That's not the same logic at all. Shove your straw man where the sun don't shine.

I said Dash was instamined and I'm not letting you or Evan forget it or change names to distance yourself from it.

And I said I don't think there's anyone trying to say a lot of coins weren't mined fast in the beginning. I'm certainly not trying to. The only thing the one year old fast mine at the beginning matters now or in the future is that some people don't like it.

Not angry about the instamine. I'm mad that you think I should think it's OK and that Evan still claims it was an accident-- but thanks for illustrating your rationalization that most coins are instamined and therefore it is OK--reveals a lot about who you are and what you're about.

Pages:
Jump to: