Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAM Darkcoin instamine 2 millions DRKs (50% of darkcoin in circulation) - page 7. (Read 82588 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I don't think there's anyone trying to say a lot of coins weren't mined fast in the beginning. I'm certainly not trying to.

There were (and probably still are) hundreds of people F5'ing the ANN forums trying to instamine every coin's launch. It's a risk and effort people are willing to accept and sometimes it pays off. Just because you're too lazy to do it yourself doesn't mean you're entitled to be angry at those who aren't and get lucky once in a while.

A lot of coins were mined in the beginning. Now we are here, and a lot of coins are still to be mined. More than many other coins have I might add.

And more than 4x less than were originally stated too:

But apparently it's totally okay to take the 30k and change it into 120k+ overnight to appease the same small group of users:

If you increase the value of everyone's holdings, no one is getting scammed. It's totally different than decreasing the value of everyone's holdings. Even you must understand this.

Note that last point about exchanges - because those coins you think are in cold storage .. well they're really being used as masternodes for the exchanges! Why do you think there's so little push for <1000 coin holders to come together and make masternodes? forget that, if you just ignore them they'll just put those coins on the exchanges so we can take that money from them!

Can you explain the "take that money from them" part further, I'm not getting what you're trying to say. There are people with < 1000 DRK pooling together to run nodes btw. If there aren't enough of them to your liking, it's because the rewards are not good enough as the price of the coin is still very low. I'd expect the amount of people doing that to increase further if the price would let's say 10x.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Trolls, how much are you being paid? Any jobs going?
PoS
Activity: 223
Merit: 101
If you can be anything, be kind and fair

I said fraud. Coin conveniently doesn't launch. Gives estimate and then proceeds to break that estimate conveniently at a time when most people would have regrouped and went to bed, then conveniently doesn't have it available in the most used format, and then conveniently doesn't relaunch in a fair manner to avoid the fraud label which you inconveniently have to  answer for in posts such as this, but he conveniently never answers for himself. If it smells like a duck, looks like a duck, walks away like a duck it's probably Evan renaming his coin to conveniently distance his project from the instamine he pulled with xcoin. It was an instamine and it doesn't matter if there's a story to deflect attention that it was most likely intentional, it was an instamine. 500k in coins in the first hour is an instamine.

You can parse it in your mind any way you want, but don't tell me I've gotta be stupid too. It was an instamine and that you and Evan own for the life of the coin and there isn't anything you can do about it now. He could have relaunched fairly, he chose not to, and now you're gonna have to answer for it as long as the coin exist or for how ever long you chose to be one of Evan's lackey apologist.

I don't think there's anyone trying to say a lot of coins weren't mined fast in the beginning. I'm certainly not trying to.

There were (and probably still are) hundreds of people F5'ing the ANN forums trying to instamine every coin's launch. It's a risk and effort people are willing to accept and sometimes it pays off. Just because you're too lazy to do it yourself doesn't mean you're entitled to be angry at those who aren't and get lucky once in a while.

A lot of coins were mined in the beginning. Now we are here, and a lot of coins are still to be mined. More than many other coins have I might add.
[/quote]

obviously you conveniently forgot that in the future 60% of the coins come from the masternotes which in turn come by large percentage from the instamine fraudster.
Your character stinks magnitudes more than any crack whore
Keep your xcoin-darkcoin-dash-.......  trash shit
G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
Just a little analysis:

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
I don't feel scammed. I managed to mine just fine,

lol what a whore

Well should I have said I felt scammed when I didn't?

Were you scammed?

Scammed may be the wrong saying, but I think you felt atleast unfairly treated. I am only posting this, because I saw this screenshot in another thread. If you felt otherwise, please eleborate.

G2M
I don't feel scammed. I managed to mine just fine, and bought more at rate 10k/0.25BTC. I'm sorry you missed the launch, and I'm sorry you didn't invest even 1 BTC when it was cheap. Don't be angry just because other people are more successful than you.

Again, who has been scammed?

You, dumb ass. You can rationalize it all you want, but the guy lied to you and preceded to benefit from that lie. He kept the coins he mined and now has you as a willing participant because you're A: a moron B: benefited just enough so you'll go along with it C: delusional.

You can decide which box applies.

*Also, I didn't say it was a scam. I'd call it fraud, but that's niggling over details.

How am I being scammed? I didn't lose anything. Quite contrary. If your definition of getting scammed is getting rich then I'm fine getting scammed every day and twice on Sundays.

How did he lie to me?

He just never answered you. =p Funny how that works.

wut.. no premine but you have 5k to throw?  Huh

I said fraud. Coin conveniently doesn't launch. Gives estimate and then proceeds to break that estimate conveniently at a time when most people would have regrouped and went to bed, then conveniently doesn't have it available in the most used format, and then conveniently doesn't relaunch in a fair manner to avoid the fraud label which you inconveniently have to  answer for in posts such as this, but he conveniently never answers for himself. If it smells like a duck, looks like a duck, walks away like a duck it's probably Evan renaming his coin to conveniently distance his project from the instamine he pulled with xcoin. It was an instamine and it doesn't matter if there's a story to deflect attention that it was most likely intentional, it was an instamine. 500k in coins in the first hour is an instamine.

You can parse it in your mind any way you want, but don't tell me I've gotta be stupid too. It was an instamine and that you and Evan own for the life of the coin and there isn't anything you can do about it now. He could have relaunched fairly, he chose not to, and now you're gonna have to answer for it as long as the coin exist or for how ever long you chose to be one of Evan's lackey apologist.

And more than 4x less than were originally stated too:

But apparently it's totally okay to take the 30k and change it into 120k+ overnight to appease the same small group of users:

Whoa! only 110 votes with 5% difference between yes and no and you decide to abort the vote and lock the thread before 24 hours and conclude that everyone decided not to airdrop?

Roll Eyes

After I asked many investors that purchased $10-100k USD worth of Darkcoin came out of the woodwork and said that would rob them. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. It's in the past and we're moving on.

Can you imagine buying $30000 worth of something and then the developers making it worth $15000 overnight to appease a small group of users?

Even better, let's decentralize darksent into much less than a few thousand hands, you know, a number less than there are banks in the world:

Yet another reason why DarkSend needs to be decentralized:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3041677

What happened there? oops.

Or another gem about how we're gonna get so close to that 84 million max coins:

There has been some debate lately about the reward structure vs the early adopter advantage. To be clear, Darkcoin was pre-announced so all of the miners shared in the early mining. There were some issues with the block reward in the beginning, but it was still fair. We don’t have a huge percentage of the coins in existence like some users have purposed.  In fact, we gave away nearly 80,000 coins in the first week.

Originally we thought scarce was good, but the halving was added to the code later and was an obvious mistake, it doesn’t work well with the formulas we’re using to implement the mining reward structure.

I’ve been doing the math this morning and Darkcoin doesn’t need a halving structure at all. So I’m removing it:

https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin/commit/819ccd71cab84c3728d457b16d2679486f917394

The formula 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2) is actually well defined to handle lowering the reward steadily over a long period of time. It caps out about 5000 difficulty, if this isn’t high enough or slow enough we can revisit this later.

This change will put us way closer to the 84,000,000 coin maximum that we originally wanted. The maximum rewards per year will be 5.2M per year (25 every 2.5 minutes) and eventually only release 1.0M per year (5 every 2.5 minutes).

Thanks for the input and support

Oh look, turns out the darkcoin blockchain is indeed a private one, and not necessarily an entirely 'public' one like in the hands-down-your-pants marketing propaganda that's being pushed lately:

While we understand Darkcoin can be used for things that are illegal/unlawful purposes, we (the Darkcoin Devs) would prefer not to be associated with that in any way. What DarkSend offers is just a more private blockchain, which is useful for all legitimate business also. However, we can't really control what is done with the technology or how it is used.

Oh, look, my favorite post about how early investors just aren't being rewarded enough, so let's vote:

Hello everyone and happy Friday!

Anyone who's been around long enough knows nothing in Darkcoin is ever set in stone and we listen to the community. Last time we removed the block halving we received a lot of crap, here's the problems with yearly halving.

- It's too fast and could destroy the coin
- It's way too much (50% per year)
- We already have formula for controlling the supply

Problems with not having a fixed supply:

- We'll have a constant amount of inflation forever. Most of us are in the austrian camp of economics, so I'd like to fix this.

In true Darkcoin fashion, I'd like to propose a solution that no other crypto has and fixes all of the issues. A yearly reduction of supply of 20%. With this we'll hit the cap of coins near 2056. I'm guessing we'll have somewhere near 25M coins (12M minimum, 49M maximum. Depends on how many miners we attract).

Let's have a vote!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/darkcoin-reward-schedule-vote-525093

Even better, the proposal states that the current number of around 22m is actually an average estimate between 12 and 49 million.

And here's one more, you know because 1000 might just be too much for a masternode for real:

Random thoughts that spring up:

1) If DRK goes to, say, 10 bucks a coin in the mid-term, we are talking about 10.000 usd for running a node. It could be too much.

2) 10% of the mining for last node sounds too much. It also may open up a window of exploitation and give incentive to DDOS in master nodes so that one node takes the fee instead of the other... Other types of exploitation for getting the mining reward could spring up as we go along.

1000DRK is probably too much, it was just an example number. So was 10%. I was just vetting the idea itself.

Something else: The other day someone mentioned about the DRK allocation to various wallets and that Cryptsy has something like 400-500k DRK (?)... so, in this scenario, an exchange of that size can create 400 master nodes as a way to gain "interest" on their money despite the hot-wallet risk. Even if they only used 50% of their DRKs, it could be 200 nodes - which would be a sizeable part of the network under control of only 1 party. That would require quite a lot of laundering depth to avoid the chance of hitting a cryptsy node every single time.

That's a good point, the exchanges will definitely want to take part in those profits.  I imagine they wouldn't want to run 100% of their coins as master nodes, that excessively dangerous. They must keep 80%+ in cold wallets.

Note that last point about exchanges - because those coins you think are in cold storage .. well they're really being used as masternodes for the exchanges! Why do you think there's so little push for <1000 coin holders to come together and make masternodes? forget that, if you just ignore them they'll just put those coins on the exchanges so we can take that money from them!
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
I don't feel scammed. I managed to mine just fine, and bought more at rate 10k/0.25BTC. I'm sorry you missed the launch, and I'm sorry you didn't invest even 1 BTC when it was cheap. Don't be angry just because other people are more successful than you.

You, dumb ass. You can rationalize it all you want, but the guy lied to you and preceded to benefit from that lie. He kept the coins he mined and now has you as a willing participant because you're A: a moron B: benefited just enough so you'll go along with it C: delusional.

*Also, I didn't say it was a scam. I'd call it fraud, but that's niggling over details.

How am I being scammed? I didn't lose anything. Quite contrary. If your definition of getting scammed is getting rich then I'm fine getting scammed every day and twice on Sundays.

How did he lie to me?

Ponzi Logic--since I benefited and am thankful that I benefited, you must be angry that you didn't benefit from the fraud. Everyone who calls this a fraud is just mad that they didn't benefit from the fraud.

So by your logic, a jury only convicted Madoff because they were mad that they didn't get in early enough? Rhetorical.  Roll Eyes

I said Dash was instamined and I'm not letting you or Evan forget it or change names to distance yourself from it. Not angry about the instamine. I'm mad that you think I should think it's OK and that Evan still claims it was an accident-- but thanks for illustrating your rationalization that most coins are instamined and therefore it is OK--reveals a lot about who you are and what you're about.
I don't feel scammed. I managed to mine just fine,

lol what a whore

Well should I have said I felt scammed when I didn't?

Were you scammed?

How did he lie to me?

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
G2M
you and Evan ..

don't forget that 'first crypto with a professional marketing team' he hired, or did he trade the coin like it was stake in a company, with the sales pitch that the other 30%/xx% will be recoverable through masternodes even though he couldn't pay it now?

Surely they're still around.

Here's the thing: I accept the fact that the Darkcoin name is not changing, and I stated as such to make people very clear that this has been decided.

All I'm doing is recognising that there is a significant segment of the market that will be wary of the current brand, which we might be able to reach, and brainstorming how we might reach it. If people genuinely believe that us launching a differently branded sister-coin might kill Darkcoin, then the implication that this is exactly what will happen when others inevitably do exactly what I'm suggesting we do. I'm very surprised that people think this is somehow "dangerous" to talk about. Surely it's more dangerous not to talk about it? Or y'know, we could just stick our heads in the sand and hope everything works out.

A sister coin would wipe out Darkcoin, especially if we did it. So it's not a good idea.

Other options are:

1.) Renaming the coin. It keeps coming up over and over, maybe we should really consider it. Everyone start coming up with names and I'll make a voting page to gauge if our user base even wants this.
2.) The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems, an "airdrop" could be a solution to this. We could airdrop all holders (uniquely verified) with a equal portion of coin. This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2.4million+ coins to a specific address that I hold. We could use some kind of verification system like mastercoin (http://mastercoin-faucet.com/github-intro)
The airdrop would be a month or so into the future, so it would give users time to buy coins and become holders creating some demand. Also, we'd have a much larger market cap and the argument about the first 24 hours would become invalid.

As always, we listen to the community. If enough people complain, we'll do something...

Given that there are a lot of people here invested in Darkcoin & a lot riding on the outcome of our branding & marketing efforts, what about putting these questions to a professional branding & marketing consultant? I don't know if a poll of the userbase will give us an adequate answer to this one. I think we're all varying levels of amateur here when it comes to this stuff -- I'd be far more comfortable trusting an expert than an opinion poll. Thoughts?

I would like to see a vote first to see how many people like the name:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rebrand-darkcoin-finished-559912

However, I like your idea of doing this in a completely professional way. We would be the first coin with a marketing company backing us, that's neat.

legendary

How did he lie to me?

G2M
Serious deja vu going on right now.

How did he lie to me?
legendary

legendary
Just waiting for the first brick and mortar store to deal with this scam within my neighborhood , will be reported instantly.
Abiding, assisting, participating in a know scam is one thing for a anonymous private person and another for a business.

Who has been scammed? Is it you, because you didn't mine or buy cheaply in the beginning? Should I report Bitcoin instantly because I had to pay hundreds of dollars for my first Bitcoin because I wasn't there at the start?

Nobody could mine as cheaply as those that were in on the early start (not you =). Evan left you out, but still you cough on his lap every day. It's like when like Annie Lennox sings, "...some of them want to get used by you."  Shocked

wut.. no premine but you have 5k to throw?  Huh

Good question. I guess labeling it a boo-boo made it all better?
Just waiting for the first brick and mortar store to deal with this scam within my neighborhood , will be reported instantly.
Abiding, assisting, participating in a know scam is one thing for a anonymous private person and another for a business.

Who has been scammed? Is it you, because you didn't mine or buy cheaply in the beginning? Should I report Bitcoin instantly because I had to pay hundreds of dollars for my first Bitcoin because I wasn't there at the start?
PoS
Activity: 223
Merit: 101
If you can be anything, be kind and fair
Pages:
Jump to: