Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAMMER: Cablepair (Tom) from BTCFPGA.com/bitcoinasic.net - page 2. (Read 24106 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Finally, Got my Refund today, Thanks Tom!
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
He asked me to reply to this thread that i would have received a refund, while i have not.
Shortly after that e-mail he sent me a bogus transaction confirmation, with wrong to address etc.

After a while he e-mailed me that he needs to find my order asking AGAIN for order information.
So looks to me like he simply replied refunded hoping i take the bait Sad

I hope i'll be seeing the refund tho.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Isn't about the time to untag Tom?

I think we should first wait for the following to happen before we can start talking about removing the scammer tag:
- first every single order to be refunded
- full explanation about refund delay from January until March
- full explanation about what went wrong with bASIC project
- full explanation about the CAN-ELECTRIC scam
- what happened with all ASICs ... if they ever existed ...

+1
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I think we should first wait for the following to happen before we can start talking about removing the scammer tag:
- first every single order to be refunded
- full explanation about refund delay from January until March
- full explanation about what went wrong with bASIC project
- full explanation about the CAN-ELECTRIC scam
- what happened with all ASICs ... if they ever existed ...
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Bitcoin world has changed after this and I don't think someone will get trust from us very easily from now

This was said a billion times before your account was even created. MtGox, MyBitcoin, etc etc. Each time it's "you haven't heard the last of us! We're a smart and evolving community!". Two days later, someone on the lending subforums is bumping a thread "Are you still going to pay me back? Hello?".

I told the entire community* that I'd pay a million dollars if I lost a bet (without even using escrow) and hundreds of people not only believed it, but made their financial plans around it. This community is not as wise as you think it is. Just wait until the Nigerian scammers find out about these forums. In fact, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to speed up evolution and just let them know right now.

*I know this was an idiotic asshole thing to do and I've been paying for it ever since.
Activity: 784
I was refunded in full today. Tom is not a scammer and never was in my opinion.

Nice way of getting free loans, scam a bunch of idiots (like yourself), repay a year later, all is good.

Wake up dummy. He's still lied abjectly. He still defrauded customers and investors alike. Paying back does not change the past. Grow a little self respect.

True but he could've run like all the others ....
Activity: 756
Merit: 522

Nice way of getting free loans, scam a bunch of idiots (like yourself), repay a year later, all is good.

Wake up dummy. He's still lied abjectly. He still defrauded customers and investors alike. Paying back does not change the past. Grow a little self respect.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 527
My order #76x was refunded in full today.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I received an email from Tom and a refund yesterday. 

So I am paid back in full, based on yesterdays BTC/USD rates.  My order # is 1794.

Hang in there guys, I think he will get to everyone eventually.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Order # 2035 Paid in full
Thank you Tom
Activity: 527
Still waiting for my refund as well as for answers to my last 2 emails.

edit: email response received
Activity: 502
still owed .8 btc for one oreder and he hasnt even tried to repay second
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
From what I've heard it seems like Tom is making a serious effort to repay all who were involved.

Tom repaid me BTC today.

So we good.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
From what I've heard it seems like Tom is making a serious effort to repay all who were involved.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
The increasing value of bitcoins allows for paying back many USD denominated loans and general debts. If even Trendon were to agree to pay the USD value of the coins he stole, he could completely pay everyone back right now and still be rich.

That's only assuming he hadn't sold the coins so far. Wouldn't be surprised if he had been selling the coins when they were worth $10-12.
Activity: 516
Merit: 643
I emailed him earlier today and was refunded within hours. Yay!
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
got my refund today

damn you exchange rate.

also guys I'd mail Tom just to make sure your on the list

Also just got mine.

Thank you Tom!!  Smiley
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
The increasing value of bitcoins allows for paying back many USD denominated loans and general debts. If even Trendon were to agree to pay the USD value of the coins he stole, he could completely pay everyone back right now and still be rich.
Pages:
Jump to: