Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAMMER: Cablepair (Tom) from BTCFPGA.com/bitcoinasic.net - page 6. (Read 24106 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Still no refund here.  I vote scammer.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Bump for scammer Tom
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Same reason Giga isn't...connections.

Tom needs apostilles too nao?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Been well past a "couple weeks" now..

Why isn't Tommy listed as a scammer yet? 
Because he bought a lot of advertising here and that gives you a license to defraud the community  Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Same reason Giga isn't...connections.
Been well past a "couple weeks" now..

Why isn't Tommy listed as a scammer yet? 
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Any more refunds or is it just a token gesture?
Activity: 868
You've told us how much you've already refunded, but the value of refunds still outstanding is also important.  Your mining activities might be bringing in some funds right now, but it's not going to be bringing in much in a couple of months.

Based on your current plan, how long do you estimate it would take for you to repay everyone?
Activity: 502
lol i like how the forum for btcfpga is down glad i quoted tom before he could take it down and say he never said what he said.I think the community needs to keep tom to his own words of repayments. we should use a exchange rate that would of constituted a timely refund from his post on january 23rd.that is the fairest way and the right thing to do to prove your not a scammer. stick to your own words
LOLface

Tommy still has to mention BFL in any reply where he tries to "explain himself" or "apologize" for his incompetence..

Still a scammer.. with emphasis on unacceptable/risky business ethics with a dash of possible (likely) fraud (CAN-ELEC)

You still took a lot of interest free loans from a lot of people.. to whom requested refunds back in early Jan.. and on the BTC side - they very well could have had their BTC back and would have made a nice profit from that point alone.. which would have made this whole bASIC drama bomb abortion a little less harder to swallow.

You lied, deceived, disappeared (lol again at "hacked" accounts) and completely lost control.

http://imageshack.us/f/687/tom22jansummary.png

People need to stop giving Tom excuses to use and let him explain himself to the community if he has any hope at all of returning to it.  I for one would like to hear the complete story of how bASIC failed.  We now hear for the first time, from the horse's mouth, that the chips as designed were failing.

The problem is that after you've given empty assurances several times, "but I'm really telling the truth this time guys" no longer has any credibility - kind of like BFL's estimated delivery dates.

This was a big project where the risk of failure was high from the outset.  It's not the kind of project which should ever have been a one man show.  When something goes wrong in any project, there's always a point when you need to decide whether to keep quiet about the problem and hope you can resolve it without anyone becoming aware of it until after the fact or whether you should announce its existence straight up.  Making the wrong call on that decision can be fatal to a project and to your credibility as an enterprise.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Can Electric isn't an electronics manufacturer, but Tom still needs to explain why he told people that an electronics manufacturer had taken over bASIC if that wasn't the case.
You're getting the time frame wrong. The CAN-ELECTRIC scam was long after all hopes of the project completion were off the table. It's quite likely that Tom would have liquidated the domain during the time it happened. All it took was some scammer to offer him a reasonable price, then set it up that way. And by writing the rant such a way that it "sounded like" Tom, they could basically frame him in the eyes of everyone who saw through it, while themselves collecting from those who didn't.

Er....
I have a private email from the people hosting the domain.........
Their comments lead me to think that this is NOT what happened, also remarks from the CC company again lead me to believe this is not what happened.
I have also spoken to a couple of people connected with Bitcoin In Hong Kong.... an offer was made to Tom, where funding could have been provided and he would still be lead, they were even prepared to let him bask in all the glory of being the first to bring  Asics to bitcoin.

From what I can make out theses people were interested more in leveraging bitcoin as a payment method by moving it forward rather than actually getting into the business of manufacturing product, but they were prepared to assist Tom because the connection would have been beneficial to both parties.

When presenting such business opportunities to Asian investors, it would be strategically beneficial to have a well known member of the community on board, the plan was to leverage the association into other business areas not including mining or manufacturing.

The offer was made because he was the lesser of the other currently available evils, that is to say other companies were not considered either because they were illegally operated and were prepared to breach Export regulations or consisted of people with serious Criminal convictions neither of which is acceptable to be associated with when offering business opportunities to investors, because once the press start digging it all comes out.

At a personal level I find it highly suspicious that someone with a 'finished' product  was not prepared to enter into negotiations to save a pet project, especially after the claims about all the work that was put into it.

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
Thanks Tom. I'm guessing BitcoinASIC.com was liquidated and whoever bought it was behind the CAN-ELECTRIC scam? Would probably be good to clarify this for the benefit of the accusers here.

Wish you and your family the best.

People need to stop giving Tom excuses to use and let him explain himself to the community if he has any hope at all of returning to it.  I for one would like to hear the complete story of how bASIC failed.  We now hear for the first time, from the horse's mouth, that the chips as designed were failing.
All it took was some scammer to offer him a reasonable price, then set it up that way. And by writing the rant such a way that it "sounded like" Tom, they could basically frame him in the eyes of everyone who saw through it, while themselves collecting from those who didn't.

And people will likely pretend to believe that Tom was framed because his past response to people not giving him warm and fuzzy reactions to his "that's all behind us" posts has been to melt down and go incommunicado.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Can Electric isn't an electronics manufacturer, but Tom still needs to explain why he told people that an electronics manufacturer had taken over bASIC if that wasn't the case.
You're getting the time frame wrong. The CAN-ELECTRIC scam was long after all hopes of the project completion were off the table. It's quite likely that Tom would have liquidated the domain during the time it happened. All it took was some scammer to offer him a reasonable price, then set it up that way. And by writing the rant such a way that it "sounded like" Tom, they could basically frame him in the eyes of everyone who saw through it, while themselves collecting from those who didn't.
Thanks Tom. I'm guessing BitcoinASIC.com was liquidated and whoever bought it was behind the CAN-ELECTRIC scam? Would probably be good to clarify this for the benefit of the accusers here.

Tom can certainly claim that, but the "Tom is gone, Dave is gone" post which claimed that bASIC's new owners were a large electronics manufacturer has been quoted all over the place and bears a striking resemblance in style to some of Tom's past "meltdown" posts.  Can Electric isn't an electronics manufacturer, but Tom still needs to explain why he told people that an electronics manufacturer had taken over bASIC if that wasn't the case.  

I hope Tom does continue returning people's money and that he finds peace and stability in his personal life but it's naive to expect that simply returning people's funds is going to restore his credibility given the shit which has gone down in relation to bASIC.

Perhaps Tom's "millionaire friend" could lend him the funds to pay everyone out now and he could repay that person over time.
Activity: 502
sorry tom but in your own post you set a time frame of when you would be paying. so why is it not theortical to use the exchange rate of that time. if you would have refunded at that time it would of been at the rate you sold so there would of been no lose i dont see why your customers should pay for your mistakes. you chose to sell out and instead of imdeatly refunding like you said in your post you chose to wait till 30+ exchange rate that was your chose not ours

« on: January 23, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »
First I want everyone to know - that all that nonsense that was posted on the Bitcointalk forum last night was not me. In fact I have not been on that forum in quite a while. My forum account was compromised and some people had some fun with it. I can't even get into the account now - so I am assuming that the admins checked the IP address and realized it was not me posting like a madman and locked my account for me. Either that or the intruder changed the password on me. Either way please DO NOT trust or believe anything that has been or is being posted by my Bitcointalk forum account. I plan to email theymos in a few moments to get my account back - I will update you when I once again have control over the account.

Many people have contacted me about buying these 16,000 chips - God I wished I had them, but I am sorry that post was not made by me and I do not have 16,000 chips to sell. I have to pay the second part of the deposit to receive the chips and I am not sure I will even be able to do that - although I am not giving up on the notion. I decided to not accept the loan that was offered to me to keep this company going. With a 90% refund rate there really is no point.

EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER WILL BE REFUNDED. PERIOD.

I have the list of BTC Refunds and should be making those today.
All other CC orders will automatically be refunded today.

I hope you can please accept my deep apologies, I thought I could pull this off but it was just too much of an undertaking for me, I feel ashamed and embarrassed and I am so sorry that I could not come through for you. Everyone will receive their refunds. As a matter of fact I am starting on them now.

This will take a little time, we are talking thousands of refunds. I wish there was just a "refund all" button but unfortunately there is not one and I have to do this manually.

this forum will be locked from this point forward - if I need to tell you anything else I will post again otherwise you will not hear from me - your refund will come automatically and theres no reason for communication.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

Wish you and your family the best.
Pages:
Jump to: