Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAMMER: Cablepair (Tom) from BTCFPGA.com/bitcoinasic.net - page 4. (Read 24133 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I scammer-tagged him.

Probably makes zero difference to him.  He's done with this board - he's a millionaire now.

Based on his last post, he intends to continue selling FPGAs.  I believe there's some value in trying to make potential FPGA customers aware of the bASIC clusterfuck.  Tom may be done with this board, but perhaps his being scammer-tagged will make newbies less inclined to deal with him.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
What a shame, pray this verdict will serve to deter those who would do the same.

??  Get a scammer tag on here in exchange for becoming filthy rich?

Where is the deterrence?
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
dafq is goin on
Faith in bitcointalk.org restored.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
I scammer-tagged him.

Theymos, what will you be doing with your piece of the pie? (I.e. the revenue from the bASIC-scam adverts on this forum.)

How much did he spend on advertising here anyway?

Probably makes zero difference to him.  He's done with this board - he's a millionaire now.

What a shame, pray this verdict will serve to deter those who would do the same.

Activity: 868
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I scammer-tagged him.

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
I scammer-tagged him.
Activity: 339
dafq is goin on
Cablepair/Tom always said that everyone will be refunded.

Also i think the way his refunds are done is scammy, he is refunding some customers to the full, and other customers wait for a cent.

Also he does not answer to emails, no answer like: You will get a refund.... or an answer like: You wont get a refund.

I actually did not receive any email of himself this year, just Daves.

Then stringing along the customers, saying he has some prototype chips in december etc....

Also I heard that using pre order money for funding r&d of a product is not allowed in the US? Where are the funds?

Theymos... I start disbelieving in this forum totally, newbie angry nerds everywhere, and now you start to cover cp?

TOM WHERE IS MY REFUND?!!!
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I just don't see why the burden of proof is always to get a scammer tag installed instead of getting it removed.  It is not like it is a permanent fixture.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
And you don't deserve to hold other's funds that's been proven you still have.

Has it been proven that cablepair is holding the money?

Has it been PROVEN that he is NOT a scammer?

NOPE!  How long are you going to slow roll and drag this out?  Anyone else pulling shit like this would be tagged almost 2 months ago already...
Activity: 896
since he is not paying out refunds on fridays, as he promised himself, it is proven that he is holding on to it
What's more likely is that one sizable portion of the money has gone to :
  • the rent for the place where bASICs were supposed to be tested, packaged and shipped from,
  • employees salary (at least Dave)
  • chip design and prototype

Tom has claimed to have invested some of his own money in this.
He said recently that he was using BTC from his own mining operation to refund people.

This makes me think that the money he invested was most probably less than the aggregated costs above.

But anyway, what's more likely:
  • he sits on a pile of BTC that skyrocketed since preorders which he could use to refund everyone right now at the current USD value and keep the rest but choose to keep all of it and wait for jailtime?
  • he doesn't have enough cash to refund anyone at this time and is still in panic mode?

But what I believe or what you believe is still speculation and will get nowhere.

The only thing people can do is ask for an independent audit of Tom's books to find out for sure if he profited from this or not. If he did and doesn't refund everyone he is in deep shit, if he didn't and doesn't refund, remaining customers are in this shit with him and they (in fact "we": I have 2 bASIC01 pre-orders) lost their money without recourse (lookup how debts are handled when a business fails if you still believe in Santa Claus).
Activity: 756
Merit: 522

since he is not paying out refunds on fridays, as he promised himself, it is proven that he is holding on to it

Or at the very least some nearby bartender is.
Activity: 473
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

There are still many ppl waiting on a refund.
And if you take into account his own post it seems fishy he posted  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1562513 where he states he sold at 15 dollar price. and if you go back to his forum the one he took down right after i posted his post over here he stated refunds will be issued starting today https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1562507 he would of only had to buy back in at the 16-18 dollar range. thats from his post not mine noone else so hes proving hes a scammer by holding on to the btc and issuseing when he feels like it. I belive if a man says somthing he is to be held to that and nothing less.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Another week and no word of refunds.  Can we close the books on this now?

1) I do not deserve a scammer label.
Roll Eyes

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

1) I do not deserve a scammer label.
Roll Eyes
legendary
Another week and no word of refunds.  Can we close the books on this now?

Hold your horses there, bud! Can't you see the refrigerator light's still on 'cause the door's still open? The family's still eating. If we've learnt anything, Tom works best with a full belly and cold beer when at his desk. If it were NASCAR season, you'd then have reason for concern.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
legendary
GOOD MORNING, BITCOINERS!

It's Friday! And we all know what happens on Friday, don't we boys and girls. That's right! We play the game "Who gets a refund, and who doesn't".

If you recall, last week I didn't send out any refunds because I had to pay two big investors. But that won't be the case this week, for I've had all week to come up with another story. You'll goin' love this one.

Stay tuned! I'll be back later today after me and my hungry family raid the refrigerator. During the interim, please don't read too much into my word choice--raid.

Pages:
Jump to: