Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 106. (Read 845582 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
October 06, 2017, 06:42:34 PM
Just btw would the answer Yes, scientific proof that God exists! or No, scientific proof that God does not exists! change anything...poverty, injustice or any other men made problem we leave with? Would God suddenly keep his promise to protect the one who are in need?

Another thing i just remembered from a good interview were a guy sad something like:...Since the human race as a historical species worshiped around 10000 different gods and monotheist believe in just one,...atheist just believe in one less. Tongue No offense, this joke also does not represent my way of believe.  
Information Sponge
October 06, 2017, 06:36:27 PM
For example:look at your neighbor's house,ask him/her:did someone build your house?surely your neigbhor answered,YES,because does not exist if no one build it.Then look around you,your garden,the trees,the flowers,and all the living and non living things in the world,then ask your self:did someone create all of these?just the your neighbor's house,the answer is YES.(Genesis 1:1-31)

Another proof that god existed through the bible and explained and confirmed by science.
In harmony with the views of many scientists today, the ancient Hebrews also believed that the universe had a beginning. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth,” says Genesis 1:1. Also, some 3,500 years ago, God revealed to his servant Job that the earth ‘hangs on nothing,’ or is suspended in space. (Job 26:7) And finally, more than 2,500 years ago, the prophet Isaiah wrote that the earth is a circle or sphere.—Isaiah 40:22.*

Yes, the Bible does harmonize with scientific truths about the natural world. In fact, the two fields of study are more than compatible—they beautifully complement each other. To disregard either one is to leave unopened a door to the knowledge of God.

I think it must be true that some sort of creative force exists.  I think it is a stretch to assume that that force is something sentient.  It's very possible that our universe is simply a natural program with base rules at the lowest level.  Then through endless different permutations and combinations different elements are formed, then molecules, and so forth.  It's simply an assumption to say that all of those are consciously designed. If you look around the universe, you will see that everything organizes down to the same simple shapes and physical behaviors.  Very complex things can arise from very simple parts.
Activity: 156
October 06, 2017, 06:31:23 PM
For example:look at your neighbor's house,ask him/her:did someone build your house?surely your neigbhor answered,YES,because does not exist if no one build it.Then look around you,your garden,the trees,the flowers,and all the living and non living things in the world,then ask your self:did someone create all of these?just the your neighbor's house,the answer is YES.(Genesis 1:1-31)

Another proof that god existed through the bible and explained and confirmed by science.
In harmony with the views of many scientists today, the ancient Hebrews also believed that the universe had a beginning. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth,” says Genesis 1:1. Also, some 3,500 years ago, God revealed to his servant Job that the earth ‘hangs on nothing,’ or is suspended in space. (Job 26:7) And finally, more than 2,500 years ago, the prophet Isaiah wrote that the earth is a circle or sphere.—Isaiah 40:22.*

Yes, the Bible does harmonize with scientific truths about the natural world. In fact, the two fields of study are more than compatible—they beautifully complement each other. To disregard either one is to leave unopened a door to the knowledge of God.
Information Sponge
October 06, 2017, 06:21:26 PM

There's a gaping hole in your logic. With empty space, we can compare it to "non-empty space": We can see how photons, atoms or subatomic particles react in an environment of "empty space" and an environment containing matter. Therefore we can obtain actual data, and look at the differences between the two environments.
You simply don't understand what you are talking about. "Photons, atoms or subatomic particles" are an environment of matter as well as energy. No matter contains matter within the essence of itself. All matter shares empty space. Empty space contains matter. You really need to brush up on your basic science.

With a god, such a comparison is logically impossible. We can't compare an environment with, or without a god, because only one scenario is logically possible.
An atom resides within empty space. There is empty space within the atom, between the electrons, and between the electrons and the nucleus. Empty space is within, without, and "flowing" through all material and energy.

The only difference with God is, He even made the empty space. So, we absolutely can use the relationships between photons, atoms or subatomic particles in empty space to prove that God exists.

Therefore, scientific proof of a god cannot be compared to evidence, or proof, of "empty space".

Your move...

Therefore, scientific proof for God absolutely can be compared to evidence, or proof, for "empty space".

Cool

Too bad you dont even understand entropy and too bad your ''proof'' is self refuting (everything has a cause, yet god doesn't?)

This was the one thing that I never really understood about origin arguments based on god.  If god existed in the beginning, then it to must have been created somehow, so it's also just as likely that the universe itself was there at the beginning. 

The best logical idea I have that allows for a god is that god exists outside of the universe, like a programmer running a simulation able to make tweaks.  However for such a large scale simulation then it is likely utilizing something like procedural generation where the programmer does not have full control. Even in that scenario we are left with the question of how the higher level univers of the gods was created.  Ultimately, it just ends up looping back on itself until you accept that SOMETHING is simply the original state.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 06, 2017, 04:18:13 PM
You are missing the point. It isn't my proof. It is standard scientific proof that all scientists know about, if they think about it for a moment. But you haven't provided any proof for or against the existence of God. It's beginning to look like you don't really know anything scientific at all.

You've never provided proof against the existence of the tooth fairy.   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 06, 2017, 03:31:04 PM

There's a gaping hole in your logic. With empty space, we can compare it to "non-empty space": We can see how photons, atoms or subatomic particles react in an environment of "empty space" and an environment containing matter. Therefore we can obtain actual data, and look at the differences between the two environments.
You simply don't understand what you are talking about. "Photons, atoms or subatomic particles" are an environment of matter as well as energy. No matter contains matter within the essence of itself. All matter shares empty space. Empty space contains matter. You really need to brush up on your basic science.

With a god, such a comparison is logically impossible. We can't compare an environment with, or without a god, because only one scenario is logically possible.
An atom resides within empty space. There is empty space within the atom, between the electrons, and between the electrons and the nucleus. Empty space is within, without, and "flowing" through all material and energy.

The only difference with God is, He even made the empty space. So, we absolutely can use the relationships between photons, atoms or subatomic particles in empty space to prove that God exists.

Therefore, scientific proof of a god cannot be compared to evidence, or proof, of "empty space".

Your move...

Therefore, scientific proof for God absolutely can be compared to evidence, or proof, for "empty space".

Cool

Too bad you dont even understand entropy and too bad your ''proof'' is self refuting (everything has a cause, yet god doesn't?)

You are missing the point. It isn't my proof. It is standard scientific proof that all scientists know about, if they think about it for a moment. But you haven't provided any proof for or against the existence of God. It's beginning to look like you don't really know anything scientific at all.

Cool
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
October 06, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

Your move...

Cool

legendary
October 06, 2017, 11:29:49 AM

Your move...

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
October 06, 2017, 07:57:19 AM

And I stand by my point that a supernatural being cannot be proved by science, because by its nature it is supernatural, and therefore does not follow scientific laws. This renders the being's existence impossible to prove scientifically. I'm still baffled that some people don't understand this simple concept...

How do you prove that empty space/nothing/outerspace exists? After all, you can't really grab hold of space/nothing/outerspace and analyze it chemically or electronically or something. You prove it is there by analyzing the material things within it or that it is inside of.

Same with God. We see no source for the complexity of the universe. Such complexity can't exist... except for the fact that it does. Whatever God is, the fact that the universe exists proves that God exists.

Cool

You can easily show scientific evidence that empty space/nothing exists, I already mentioned one example - adding sodium chloride to water causes the volume of water to decrease.

You can use things like vacuum chambers to electronically or chemically analyze the vacuum, for example by measuring how quickly light passes through it. Quantum theory is another example of evidence for empty space in between subatomic particles - we can predict exactly how atoms will behave, based on our knowledge of their structure (i.e. a nucleus, with electron clouds very far away, and a huge amount of empty space between).

I don't know where you've got this idea from, you don't need to be able to grab hold of something to show it exists...  Roll Eyes

So BADecker, you understand that you can prove the existence of empty space?

The focus isn't proving that empty space exists. The focus is the way we prove that empty space exists. How do we prove that empty space exists?

We don't prove that empty space exists is by "grabbing hold" of empty space and analyzing it. We don't really even have a way of doing this "grabbing hold." Well, if not by "grabbing hold," then how do we prove empty space exists?

Here's how. We analyze material and energy, and the relationships between material and energy, and we can prove that empty space exists by this analysis, right?

Same with God. We analyze the relationships between material and energy in cause and effect activity, and we prove that God exists through this analysis. Complexity simply shows that God is definitely a Supreme Being. And Entropy shows that there was a beginning, which rules out that this is the way things always were.

The word "God" and its definitions are a weak word to use when considering the Supreme Being scientifically. As I have said in other posts, use "The Great First Cause," "Supreme Being," "Almighty Power," or any one of a number of words that better describe the Supreme Being.

But understand one thing. Whatever He/It is, He/It is an entity that is supremely (probably infinitely) far advanced and capable beyond what we are.

Cool

Your move...
Activity: 359
Merit: 100
Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC
October 06, 2017, 06:13:06 AM
The only scientific proof that God exist is us. The earth. The Sun. The water. We are the living scientific proof that God really exist. And he's watching over us.
October 06, 2017, 05:34:59 AM

However since you don't even understand entropy correctly, your assumptions can't be scientifically correct.

Actually, it's that you don't quite understand science correctly.

There are two parts to science:
1. That which is readily known;
2. Theory, which isn't readily known, although it may come close at times.

The part of entropy that you are talking about is theory.

The part of entropy that I am talking about is readily known.

Your problem is that you constantly try to imply that entropy theory is readily known to be fact, when it is not. Consider your stupid idea that the beginning happens over and over. Such an idea belongs to the realm of science fiction. There is no basis in fact for it, even though scientifically speaking, it might happen. Maybe the moon is made of green cheese, and all the tests of moon rocks are flawed in some way. Could happen, but not likely by a long shot.

Cool

''Such an idea belongs to the realm of science fiction. There is no basis in fact for it'' You mean God?

You simply didn't understand entropy correctly. You think that evolution can't happen because of entropy which again is simply wrong, evolution does not violate any scientific law. You also think people can't get smarter or we can't advance because of entropy which is again just plain wrong and there is plenty of evidence that we can indeed advance.

''The part of entropy that I am talking about is readily known.'' You mean wrong? Just admit that you didn't understand entropy correctly lol, stop being so pathetic.
Activity: 111
October 06, 2017, 04:07:58 AM
truely god exist he is the only creater of this world and we shall return to him
legendary
October 06, 2017, 01:53:27 AM

However since you don't even understand entropy correctly, your assumptions can't be scientifically correct.

Actually, it's that you don't quite understand science correctly.

There are two parts to science:
1. That which is readily known;
2. Theory, which isn't readily known, although it may come close at times.

The part of entropy that you are talking about is theory.

The part of entropy that I am talking about is readily known.

Your problem is that you constantly try to imply that entropy theory is readily known to be fact, when it is not. Consider your stupid idea that the beginning happens over and over. Such an idea belongs to the realm of science fiction. There is no basis in fact for it, even though scientifically speaking, it might happen. Maybe the moon is made of green cheese, and all the tests of moon rocks are flawed in some way. Could happen, but not likely by a long shot.

Cool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world
October 05, 2017, 07:54:48 PM
I was so enjoying these topic.. So many opinions..
But, still in me, I think there is no scientific explanation about God..
October 05, 2017, 07:32:11 PM

And I stand by my point that a supernatural being cannot be proved by science, because by its nature it is supernatural, and therefore does not follow scientific laws. This renders the being's existence impossible to prove scientifically. I'm still baffled that some people don't understand this simple concept...

How do you prove that empty space/nothing/outerspace exists? After all, you can't really grab hold of space/nothing/outerspace and analyze it chemically or electronically or something. You prove it is there by analyzing the material things within it or that it is inside of.

Same with God. We see no source for the complexity of the universe. Such complexity can't exist... except for the fact that it does. Whatever God is, the fact that the universe exists proves that God exists.

Cool

You can easily show scientific evidence that empty space/nothing exists, I already mentioned one example - adding sodium chloride to water causes the volume of water to decrease.

You can use things like vacuum chambers to electronically or chemically analyze the vacuum, for example by measuring how quickly light passes through it. Quantum theory is another example of evidence for empty space in between subatomic particles - we can predict exactly how atoms will behave, based on our knowledge of their structure (i.e. a nucleus, with electron clouds very far away, and a huge amount of empty space between).

I don't know where you've got this idea from, you don't need to be able to grab hold of something to show it exists...  Roll Eyes

The focus isn't proving that empty space exists. The focus is the way we prove that empty space exists. How do we prove that empty space exists?

We don't prove that empty space exists is by "grabbing hold" of empty space and analyzing it. We don't really even have a way of doing this "grabbing hold." Well, if not by "grabbing hold," then how do we prove empty space exists?

Here's how. We analyze material and energy, and the relationships between material and energy, and we can prove that empty space exists by this analysis, right?

Same with God. We analyze the relationships between material and energy in cause and effect activity, and we prove that God exists through this analysis. Complexity simply shows that God is definitely a Supreme Being. And Entropy shows that there was a beginning, which rules out that this is the way things always were.

The word "God" and its definitions are a weak word to use when considering the Supreme Being scientifically. As I have said in other posts, use "The Great First Cause," "Supreme Being," "Almighty Power," or any one of a number of words that better describe the Supreme Being.

But understand one thing. Whatever He/It is, He/It is an entity that is supremely (probably infinitely) far advanced and capable beyond what we are.

Cool

legendary
October 05, 2017, 05:50:56 PM

Cool

Cool
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 05:33:37 PM
There is no scientific proof that God exist... of course we all know that scientifically no one can really prove that God exist but we cannot deny the hard to explain creation of life if where it really starts, the creation of galaxies and the void. If we cannot explain it through science we just turn around and say "God made it!".
legendary
October 05, 2017, 01:22:41 PM

Cool

legendary
October 05, 2017, 01:19:29 PM
I don't think there are any scientific proofs to show that   we all came from Adam and Eve but the same could be said about evolution. The theory of evolution is just plain stupid, I don't know why many people believe that theory.
I believe that God  exists and I don't need any kind of scientific proof for believing in him. I have seen many people who were once blind, deaf and paralyzed being healed . If you want proof just see on of Pastor Benny Hinn's ministry videos.

Newsflash: Those videos are fake and rely on psychological effects rather than supernatural healing powers. And evolution is a seriously solid scientific theory, unlike god which, as you said, has no scientific proof.

You have the right to believe god exists, but think about how odd it is to believe in something with no evidence. If I told you I had a pet dragon in my garage, who could eat hotdogs and convert the hotdogs to golden eggs, which the dragon would then pop out of its arse and make me rich, would you believe me?

Why or why not?
October 04, 2017, 11:47:29 AM
I don't think there are any scientific proofs to show that   we all came from Adam and Eve but the same could be said about evolution. The theory of evolution is just plain stupid, I don't know why many people believe that theory.
I believe that God  exists and I don't need any kind of scientific proof for believing in him. I have seen many people who were once blind, deaf and paralyzed being healed . If you want proof just see on of Pastor Benny Hinn's ministry videos.

Nice funny comment mate.
Jump to: