Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 263. (Read 845578 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 24, 2015, 10:01:35 PM

4)   Um, okay.

Glad you're okay.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
June 24, 2015, 09:19:27 PM
You think this way because you don't know what scientific evidence and proof really are.

Here we go again, changing offical word definitions around to hammer your square peg proof into the official round hole. Roll Eyes

There you go again, ignoring the evidence that is all around you.

Smiley

Of course. Who of sound mind wouldn't ignore fallacious evidence?

All right. I was too hard on the atheists. They are not really idiots. They are simply not sound of mind.

Smiley

To set the context, I don't mind if you define evidence, science, scientific method, and proof in your own way, so long as I know what you think they are.

Can you define each in your own way so that I can refer to the post in the future?

That's easy. All language except legal language (in the U.S.) is subject to change based on common usage. Since this is so, simply use the dictionary definition that you want, or the common usage definition that has not made it to the dictionary yet.

Smiley

Why not just use your own words as you was asked?

I thought about that. But why waste the time posting a bunch of dictionary and encyclopedia and Youtube and Internet definitions when anybody who is forum savvy can look these things up themselves?

Smiley

Because there are generally multiple meanings for a given word in the dictionary, and in previous posts you have utilized multiple definitions for the same word without letting anyone else know that you're changing between them.  I can't look in the dictionary and just assume my selection is the one you selected.  The whole point of setting a definition is so that your argument stays consistent.  What doesn't change (and never has, nor ever will) are the rules of logic, and these rules state that consistency is of primary importance to a logical argument.  Inconsistency --> invalidity --> unsound.

I have posted dictionary definitions that have more than one definition included within the definition.

Nobody knows entirely the rules of logic. Nor does anyone know for a fact that they don't change.

My posting isn't with the idea of writing a book. If someone doesn't get the gist of what I am saying from what I say, that's okay with me. Most of the time it is because they don't want to.

Don't worry about it too much. You'll survive.

Smiley

1)  You have not posted a consistent definition for "science" (evident by the fact you interchangeably refer to it as both a method and a data set without knowing when you switch between the two), and the ones you have posted for "proof" do not match the evidence you describe as such.  Additionally the scientific method is precise and unchanging (i.e. it is absolutely certain to know when you have violated it).  In other words, the definition for the scientific method is also unchanging.

2)  Yes, some of us do absolutely know the rules of logic, and one of those rules is that it is concrete and unchanging -- if it weren't, then you could never be certain about anything, ever (i.e. if that were the case, you might as well just never think or speak).  If you don't know the rules -- and this much is absurdly clear --  then that's your own lack of understanding.  You would be wise to acknowledge that people know more about it than you do.  Sorry, but the truth doesn't care how right you think you are.  Think about the fact you don't even know what an inductive fallacy is, and that you thought it meant something about poor electrical superconductors.  You need to assume less and learn more.

3)  No.  It's more like you don't care about the truth, but only care that everything reinforces what you already believe is true.  Even the Christians and church-goers in this thread think you're totally off your rocker.  That in itself doesn't totally mean you are, but you'd have to be a fool to ignore the "evidence."  Nobody gets what you're saying because it doesn't make logical sense, and so what we do know is that whatever you are trying to say is wrong.  That which is logically inconsistent is irrelevant to reality.  This is another logical rule.

4)   Um, okay.
legendary
June 24, 2015, 08:29:51 PM
You think this way because you don't know what scientific evidence and proof really are.

Here we go again, changing offical word definitions around to hammer your square peg proof into the official round hole. Roll Eyes

Smiley

All right. I was too hard on the atheists. They are not really idiots. They are simply not sound of mind.

Smiley

To set the context, I don't mind if you define evidence, science, scientific method, and proof in your own way, so long as I know what you think they are.

Can you define each in your own way so that I can refer to the post in the future?

That's easy. All language except legal language (in the U.S.) is subject to change based on common usage. Since this is so, simply use the dictionary definition that you want, or the common usage definition that has not made it to the dictionary yet.

Smiley

I thought about that. But why waste the time posting a bunch of dictionary and encyclopedia and Youtube and Internet definitions when anybody who is forum savvy can look these things up themselves?

Smiley

Because there are generally multiple meanings for a given word in the dictionary, and in previous posts you have utilized multiple definitions for the same word without letting anyone else know that you're changing between them.  I can't look in the dictionary and just assume my selection is the one you selected.  The whole point of setting a definition is so that your argument stays consistent.  What doesn't change (and never has, nor ever will) are the rules of logic, and these rules state that consistency is of primary importance to a logical argument.  Inconsistency --> invalidity --> unsound.

I have posted dictionary definitions that have more than one definition included within the definition.

Nobody knows entirely the rules of logic. Nor does anyone know for a fact that they don't change.

My posting isn't with the idea of writing a book. If someone doesn't get the gist of what I am saying from what I say, that's okay with me. Most of the time it is because they don't want to.

Don't worry about it too much. You'll survive.

Smiley
legendary
June 24, 2015, 07:06:14 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
June 24, 2015, 05:22:11 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Because they might be different to those. Plus if you write them down now you cannot change them at a later date to win a losing argument.

Very disappointed.

That's the point. You want me to post every definition in the world just so that I can use it later when needed. Just take it as it stands. The definitions that are out there are the definitions that I use. I use them as I find them or need them. Certainly I don't know all the definitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcfQkxwz4Oo

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
June 24, 2015, 04:58:59 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Because they might be different to those. Plus if you write them down now you cannot change them at a later date to win a losing argument.

Very disappointed.

legendary
June 24, 2015, 04:52:06 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
June 24, 2015, 03:45:27 PM
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
June 24, 2015, 03:44:36 PM
BADecker, when Jesus was a teen walking around his tribal camp and saw some cute girls do you think he got a hard-on? I expect since his dad was God he was probably packin some meat. You know, would you give your son a baby dick if you were God? Based on the pictures I've seen of Jesus, I can picture him being like a young bitch magnet.

Jesus probably was, as you stated, "a young bitch magnet." Yet because of the times in Israel when Jesus walked the earth, and because we don't understand everything about how the Jesus Psyche operated, the best we can say is that:
1. the gals were conservative in words and actions, no matter what they felt;
2. Jesus didn't think or act in a wrong way, no matter how much He lacked natural bodily function controls.

Personally, though I don't know it, I think that there is a great possibility that Jesus was married at some time before He began His ministry at age 30. If He was married, she either died or left Him through no wrong-doing of His. We don't know this, however, even though there is a tendril of such suggestion in the Bible.

Smiley

Yeah, that's probably right. It would be kind of rude for him to get married though. His wife would have urges and he couldn't do anything for her because his dad told him that thing was only to pee out of.

Those religious freakazoids believed sex was only for making babies. Jesus couldn't allow himself to have a kid so he couldn't have sex. How hard would a kids life be if he was known as, the son of the son of God. If he did get married, I hope he had a long tongue and could breathe through his ears.

Who's to say Jesus wasn't homosexual?
Perhaps people found out and that's why he got pinned up on that cross.
We can only speculate.

God wouldn't let him be a homosexual. If God was LGBT friendly he wouldn't have created Eve for Adams toy. He would have created Ed and given Adam a kinky plaything that actually enjoys sex and never gets a "headache".
legendary
June 24, 2015, 03:37:38 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
June 24, 2015, 03:35:30 PM
BADecker, when Jesus was a teen walking around his tribal camp and saw some cute girls do you think he got a hard-on? I expect since his dad was God he was probably packin some meat. You know, would you give your son a baby dick if you were God? Based on the pictures I've seen of Jesus, I can picture him being like a young bitch magnet.

Jesus probably was, as you stated, "a young bitch magnet." Yet because of the times in Israel when Jesus walked the earth, and because we don't understand everything about how the Jesus Psyche operated, the best we can say is that:
2. Jesus didn't think or act in a wrong way, no matter how much He lacked natural bodily function controls.

Personally, though I don't know it, I think that there is a great possibility that Jesus was married at some time before He began His ministry at age 30. If He was married, she either died or left Him through no wrong-doing of His. We don't know this, however, even though there is a tendril of such suggestion in the Bible.

Smiley

Yeah, that's probably right. It would be kind of rude for him to get married though. His wife would have urges and he couldn't do anything for her because his dad told him that thing was only to pee out of.

Those religious freakazoids believed sex was only for making babies. Jesus couldn't allow himself to have a kid so he couldn't have sex. How hard would a kids life be if he was known as, the son of the son of God. If he did get married, I hope he had a long tongue and could breathe through his ears.

Who's to say Jesus wasn't homosexual?
Perhaps people found out and that's why he got pinned up on that cross.
We can only speculate.
legendary
June 24, 2015, 03:18:01 PM

Sure.

Evidence:- Possible proof of something.
Science:- Human pursuit of knowledge.
Scientific method:- Observe a phenomenon. Ask questions about it. Create an hypothesis. Conduct experiments on the hypothesis. Draw conclusion from results.
Proof:- Evidence(s) that cannot be refuted.

No doubt this post will be dug out in the future to shoot me down over something. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
June 24, 2015, 03:06:31 PM

Smiley

legendary
June 24, 2015, 02:58:27 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

EDIT: In this way, language is somewhat like quantum. You can use it in any way that you want, to get some idea across. And it can be used in any way to get any idea across. Some ways of using it may give you more difficulty getting your ideas across than others. Language is quantum.
legendary
June 24, 2015, 02:35:09 PM

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
June 24, 2015, 02:18:55 PM

Smiley

Smiley
legendary
June 24, 2015, 02:16:19 PM

Smiley

legendary
June 24, 2015, 02:05:04 PM

Smiley
legendary
June 24, 2015, 02:02:42 PM

Smiley
legendary
June 24, 2015, 02:01:36 PM

Jump to: