Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 260. (Read 845582 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 26, 2015, 01:19:29 PM
When it comes to the possibility of God's existence, the Bible says that there are people who have seen sufficient evidence, but they have suppressed the truth about God
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 26, 2015, 01:13:13 PM
God exists. Science proves it with 3 simple science laws.

1. Cause and effect exists within everything. There is no evidence that pure random exists. Newton made it into his 3rd law.

2. There is great complexity in the universe. The brain and mind of man is exceedingly complex. Yet there is no clear evidence of where the complexity comes from.

3. In everything we see entropy - the wearing out, tearing down, eroding, dying. Even the things that we see that are new and fresh, gain their newness at the expense of some other things that lose even more. In fact, if the universe were eternal, it would have worn down to a blah-blah equilibrium long ago.

The only way we can put this universe together in the light of the above three laws is that the universe was set in place by Something that is extremely intelligent beyond the understanding of mankind. Something like that fits the dictionary definition of "God."

----------

Religion is simply the attempt to find out what God and/or this complex universe are all about.

----------

"God" is scientific fact.

"Religion" needs to be taken on faith.

Smiley

You just took three mysteries of the universe, and made up the cause of it all. None of those three 'laws' (which aren't really) imply any sort of greater power or 'god'

Regardless -  the mere fact we can create worlds in videogames, and 'create' (support really) life in petri dishes - who's to say we aren't the ones being programmed?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
August 26, 2015, 10:25:42 AM
No, I don't believe in God or souls.

OK, I got it; now, kindly shut up until you can address the evidence that has been posted on the previous page.  Wink

I haven't seen any evidence that God exists but I will debate the existence of Spider-Man. lol

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." ~ François-Marie Arouet, aka-Voltaire

Spiderman cannot be equated to a monotheistic god.  It's a false analogy.  Phrased another way, it would be unsound reasoning to suggest that you can dismiss God by extension of the same reasoning by which you dismiss Spiderman.

The simplest reason is this:
- Theoretically, there are both logical and empirical ways in which Spiderman can be verified or falsified.
- Theoreticaly, there is a logical way that God could be verified or falsified.  But, it is theoretically impossible for there to be any empirical means by which God can verified or falsified.

In other words, it's unsound to dismiss God in the same way you dismiss Spiderman, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Russel's Teapot, or any other thing that would be subject to empirical verification/falsification.

But I see them as the same. To me, the Spider-Man series of books and the God series of books are just make believe stories to entertain their intended audiences. Spider-Man appeals to and was written for a contemporary audience. The God stories are a ragtag collection of different writings appealing to Neanderthal cave dwellers. I'm not going to base my life on either one.

The Itsy Bitsy Spider is also a make believe story about a spider's journey up a water spout, made to entertain its intended audience, but spiders actually exist.  This criteria is not enough to exclude the possibility of its existence.  Furthermore, my post illustrates a distinction in the requirements for verification/falsification of God versus a tangible, empirical object.  The only way you can possibly denounce God's existence is on a purely logical basis, either by demonstrating God is unnecessary (disproving the inverse claim that God is necessary), or by demonstrating God is impossible (good luck with that one).  God cannot be verified nor disproved on an empirical basis (i.e. neither by physical evidence or a lack thereof).

Well, I DO believe God is necessary so I can't argue that one. The moral character of the average person is too weak to keep people in line without God. They need an imaginary force looking over their shoulder to make them behave. Police forces are sorely inadequate for stopping crime. Even the most ancient civilizations invented a system of gods to keep people in line.

I never said God was impossible. That requires you to define what "God" is first. To some people God is a force that controls everything and they are a part of that force like a cell in a brain. Taoism is pretty cool in that is doesn't rely on one godlike figurehead. In Taoism we are all God collectively.

When I talk about God I'm mainly talking about my culture. I don't believe that God was some unemployed carpenter turned evangelist that wants you to behave or he will shove hot pokers up your ass in hell. If that's the case then maybe Jim Jones really was God. Christianity is so unbelievable, has killed so many people throughout history and continues to create so many monsters that I believe their God is complete nonsense. The Christian God and religion creates the Josh Duggers of the world that preach hatred toward homosexuals while molesting his sisters and cheating on his wife. 
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
August 26, 2015, 09:12:05 AM

OK, I got it; now, kindly shut up until you can address the evidence that has been posted on the previous page.  Wink

I haven't seen any evidence that God exists but I will debate the existence of Spider-Man. lol

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." ~ François-Marie Arouet, aka-Voltaire

Spiderman cannot be equated to a monotheistic god.  It's a false analogy.  Phrased another way, it would be unsound reasoning to suggest that you can dismiss God by extension of the same reasoning by which you dismiss Spiderman.

- Theoretically, there are both logical and empirical ways in which Spiderman can be verified or falsified.
- Theoreticaly, there is a logical way that God could be verified or falsified.  But, it is theoretically impossible for there to be any empirical means by which God can verified or falsified.

In other words, it's unsound to dismiss God in the same way you dismiss Spiderman, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Russel's Teapot, or any other thing that would be subject to empirical verification/falsification.

But I see them as the same. To me, the Spider-Man series of books and the God series of books are just make believe stories to entertain their intended audiences. Spider-Man appeals to and was written for a contemporary audience. The God stories are a ragtag collection of different writings appealing to Neanderthal cave dwellers. I'm not going to base my life on either one.

The Itsy Bitsy Spider is also a make believe story about a spider's journey up a water spout, made to entertain its intended audience, but spiders actually exist.  This criteria is not enough to exclude the possibility of its existence.  Furthermore, my post illustrates a distinction in the requirements for verification/falsification of God versus a tangible, empirical object.  The only way you can possibly denounce God's existence is on a purely logical basis, either by demonstrating God is unnecessary (disproving the inverse claim that God is necessary), or by demonstrating God is impossible (good luck with that one).  God cannot be verified nor disproved on an empirical basis (i.e. neither by physical evidence or a lack thereof).
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 26, 2015, 04:16:50 AM
relegion is inversly proportional to intelligence ,
people who  dont think or who are very superstitious will surely fall into this trap.

Be that as it may, I am asking atheists to be rational with regards to the evidence; in common parlance this means that one can think clearly and is capable of intelligently assessing new ideas when presented.
Life after death is not a metaphor--it is backed by 52 salient points of evidence.

Your "evidence" was written by a bunch of kooks on some obscure website. I don't believe them any more than I believe Jim Jones was God and I refuse to drink the kool aid.

You reply is... an ad hominem?! But that is totally irrational and prejudiced!
These researchers are not crazy. For example, Dr. Stevenson's research is well-known and highly regarded for its scientific rigor.
You want us to completely ignore the big questions, like whether there is life after death, because it suits your agenda; why else would you behave so irrationally when presented with this new idea? It is not like I am asking you to believe something without evidence.
 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
August 26, 2015, 02:16:00 AM
what the hell is this .seriously ??GOD ?
common guys there is seriously no way possible for IT to exist at least these gods with magical powers ..mujhakahah
legendary
August 25, 2015, 10:49:33 PM
people who  dont think or who are very superstitious will surely fall into this trap.

Be that as it may, I am asking atheists to be rational with regards to the evidence; in common parlance this means that one can think clearly and is capable of intelligently assessing new ideas when presented.
Life after death is not a metaphor--it is backed by 52 salient points of evidence.

Your "evidence" was written by a bunch of kooks on some obscure website. I don't believe them any more than I believe Jim Jones was God and I refuse to drink the kool aid.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 25, 2015, 05:39:38 PM
God exists. Science proves it with 3 simple science laws.

1. Cause and effect exists within everything. There is no evidence that pure random exists. Newton made it into his 3rd law.

2. There is great complexity in the universe. The brain and mind of man is exceedingly complex. Yet there is no clear evidence of where the complexity comes from.

3. In everything we see entropy - the wearing out, tearing down, eroding, dying. Even the things that we see that are new and fresh, gain their newness at the expense of some other things that lose even more. In fact, if the universe were eternal, it would have worn down to a blah-blah equilibrium long ago.

The only way we can put this universe together in the light of the above three laws is that the universe was set in place by Something that is extremely intelligent beyond the understanding of mankind. Something like that fits the dictionary definition of "God."

----------

Religion is simply the attempt to find out what God and/or this complex universe are all about.

----------

"God" is scientific fact.

"Religion" needs to be taken on faith.

Smiley
August 25, 2015, 04:41:17 PM
people who  dont think or who are very superstitious will surely fall into this trap.

August 25, 2015, 03:55:30 PM
To me, the Spider-Man series of books and the God series of books are just make believe stories to entertain their intended audiences.

You made up a story about your "Christian friend" to entertain yourself and distract yourself from the 52 points of evidence I presented in the previous page. You would rather write down a clever fiction than actually discern something true; how convenient!

Reincarnation is considered by some to be the greatest "unknown" scientific discovery of modern times. Please review the scientific evidence which I have provided for your education; a summary of the 52 points is there in my posts on the previous page. There is no point for you to be in this thread if you cannot address the scientific evidence supporting the survival hypothesis. You think the soul is make-believe, but these 52 points of evidence show that you are wrong; I am not the one who is telling made-up stories in this thread.

"How can you make denial of Allah, who made you live again when you died, will make you dead again, and then alive again, until you finally return to him?" - the Koran [2.28]
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
Tell Me What A Man Is Without Pride .
August 25, 2015, 03:54:06 PM
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
August 25, 2015, 01:43:10 PM
The thing is nothing can actually get a "Scientific proof".
legendary
August 25, 2015, 01:30:47 PM

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
August 25, 2015, 12:06:56 PM

legendary
August 25, 2015, 10:56:07 AM

OK, I got it; now, kindly shut up until you can address the evidence that has been posted on the previous page.  Wink

August 25, 2015, 03:28:29 AM
I'm surprised Christians claim to know so much about souls... if I remember correctly the Bible only mentions souls and the afterlife in a very vague way - something about wailing and grinding of teeth, chaff getting burned, be with me in the kingdom of God etc.

A lot of material relating to reincarnation was removed from the Bible.

You can still find some parts of the Bible that clearly reference rebirth; here is a helpful reference:
http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/history/bible.html

You can find extensive detail about life and death in the eight-volume Pleiades Connection series of Phoenix Journals (Journals #22 and #31-37); available here:
http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com/
August 25, 2015, 03:07:13 AM

OK, I got it; now, kindly shut up until you can address the evidence that has been posted on the previous page.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
August 25, 2015, 02:53:38 AM
I believe that God exists.. But others doesn't believe that God really exists but they beieve Devil exists..ha???
legendary
August 25, 2015, 02:03:59 AM
My Christian friend believes neither of them have a soul because they're abominations born from a sinner that had sex with a jackel. Who's right?

Keked... is this a joke or real?

It is a joke; QA does not believe in souls, or else he would believe in God.

QA is making harsh judgments against his perceived enemy, but I would ask him: "What have your harsh judgments done for you lately?"

This quote is from Einstein; ask yourself where YOU are with respect to what is being said here:

No, I don't believe in God or souls. If it's any consolation, I don't believe in ghosts, Santa Clause, Satan, or the Easter Bunny either. The Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man might be real though because those stories are more believable than any version of religious text I've ever read.

You have to be harsh with Christians to wake them up and I do consider them to be the enemy. As long as they continue to exist then stupidity will flourish, war and hatred will rule the planet and perverted monsters will steal the focus away from knowledge and progress.

Sorry, I don't believe in miracles either. Just because something is born tiny doesn't make it a miracle from God. I think baby chicks are cute too. I used to raise them and when they grew into chickens I'd eat them.

I'm not conceited enough to believe that the grand creator of all things in the universe came to my little speck of dust in space and planted me on it. Then had a son that looks like me to show me that God looks like me. Most of all, I'm not stupid enough to believe ancient stories written by cave dellers are a magic recipe to guide me through my modern day life.
August 25, 2015, 01:20:55 AM
My Christian friend believes neither of them have a soul because they're abominations born from a sinner that had sex with a jackel. Who's right?

Keked... is this a joke or real?

It is a joke; QA does not believe in souls, or else he would believe in God.

QA is making harsh judgments against his perceived enemy, but I would ask him: "What have your harsh judgments done for you lately?"

This quote is from Einstein; ask yourself where YOU are with respect to what is being said here:
Jump to: