Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 290. (Read 845578 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
March 27, 2015, 01:18:29 PM
Why do people need to know about god for salvation?

People don't need to know about god for salvation.
God has never said this, man-made religion has said it.
Big difference.

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
March 27, 2015, 12:48:19 PM
Why do people need to know about god for salvation? i never understood that like if you are a good person it wont matter if you dont believe in God, thats just retarded

People can't be good enough.

God built the universe with perfection. Not one law of the universe fails. This is why you can do scientific experiments over and over. If you do them exactly the same, they produce exactly the same results.

The mistake that can't be perfected by mankind is love for God. It is the foundational, core law of the universe. The second is love for mankind. Even though one might be able to come back from making these core mistakes so that he doesn't make them anymore, once it is done, it is don. Time cannot be altered, at least not by anything that we have the ability to do.

Only God has the power to make the correction. He did it in Jesus God, who took the punishment that we would receive as a natural result of our mistake-making.

Since the foundational law of the universe is mankind's love for God, we need to understand that God exists so that we can attempt to love Him. Denying Him is denying our only source of salvation, since we can't save ourselves.

Smiley

Damn what a pile of bullshit you wrote, at this point you made it clear that is impossible to reason with you so im going to ignore you from now on, good luck.
Activity: 267
Merit: 252
Squirtle squirt.
March 27, 2015, 12:07:58 PM
Why do people need to know about god for salvation? i never understood that like if you are a good person it wont matter if you dont believe in God, thats just retarded
Its not, because there is no "good person". Has anyone ever been perfect? They fail to meet the exact definition of "good", by being less than perfect.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 27, 2015, 12:03:29 PM

People can't be good enough.

God built the universe with perfection. Not one law of the universe fails. This is why you can do scientific experiments over and over. If you do them exactly the same, they produce exactly the same results.

The mistake that can't be perfected by mankind is love for God. It is the foundational, core law of the universe. The second is love for mankind. Even though one might be able to come back from making these core mistakes so that he doesn't make them anymore, once it is done, it is don. Time cannot be altered, at least not by anything that we have the ability to do.

Only God has the power to make the correction. He did it in Jesus God, who took the punishment that we would receive as a natural result of our mistake-making.

Since the foundational law of the universe is mankind's love for God, we need to understand that God exists so that we can attempt to love Him. Denying Him is denying our only source of salvation, since we can't save ourselves.

Smiley
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
March 27, 2015, 11:51:43 AM

Number 1 is wrong, "1. The Supernatural Does Not Exist," because the whole of nature is supernatural. In addition, simply because one decides that the supernatural doesn't exist, thereby ignoring it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Thus, God can exist.

Oh, "nature" is entirely "supernatural" now?

No.  It isn't.  Nature is natural specifically because it isn't supernatural.

You should've taken my earlier suggestion and just reduce all your vocabulary to one word, and just repeat that word over and over.  It really doesn't matter what that word is or what it means because you're just going to have it mean whatever you want it to mean.

You're going on ignore for a while.  You make my eyes bleed.  

You are finally starting to understand that the only understanding of why things exist, and the only proof for their existence, is the fact that they do exist. We have no other proof.

This means, that as far as our understanding goes, all of nature is supernatural. This points at the existence of God more than ever.

Smiley

Even Descartes would frown at what I just read(And he was wrong in his philosophy/for assuming that the mind is automatically metaphysical, but wont get into that). What you've said makes no sense, at all, you're claiming that something exists because you can see/hear/taste it with your five senses, all of which may be misleading you causing you to believe that these things exist when they don't(Your perception of things), matter itself might not even exist, so you cannot prove your own existence by just looking at something at saying it exists,(This is basic philosophy. ) Ever heard of Schizophrenia where those with it can see things that aren't really there? You should really look it up.
All proof for anything is based on the fact that the elements of that proof exist. So, if you attempt to prove that those elements of proof exist, you need other elements of proof to prove them. But what about those elements of proof? How far do you have to go before you get to some elements that are so foundational that they don't need proof of existence. So far, the only two things that we can possibly come up with are God and the supernatural.

Wait actually no, let's go with what you said. So god created disease, he created deformities, he created all those negative things that are around in the world today(And to which you classify as "supernatural"), but you consider him a good god? Quite clearly that means he is an evil one. Thanks for proving yourself wrong BADecker, again.

God created many elements, all of them good, but some that could be manipulated into evil if someone had a mind to do such. God's enemy, the devil (a formerly good angel who corrupted himself), did exactly that. In his desire to create something, he created the only thing that was not created by God... destruction. That's why his name is Destroyer in the Revelation in the Bible.

Smiley

Not true. Things that hinder another living organism such as a disease, has no "good" elements to it, and god created that disease as you say, which is why your god is an evil god. Innocent children, people, die from diseases and ailments everyday, you said it yourself, god created everything right? So then he created these diseases that lead to the deaths of innocent millions every year. What a good god you have (sarcasm).

I could agree with you that disease has no good (but it might have some good that we are not aware of).

Since I didn't say that God created disease, why are you trying to say that I essentially said that God is evil? (Thank you for agreeing with me that God exists. People need to know that God exists so that they have reason to seek Him for their salvation.)

Smiley

legendary
March 27, 2015, 11:51:06 AM

Number 1 is wrong, "1. The Supernatural Does Not Exist," because the whole of nature is supernatural. In addition, simply because one decides that the supernatural doesn't exist, thereby ignoring it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Thus, God can exist.

You should've taken my earlier suggestion and just reduce all your vocabulary to one word, and just repeat that word over and over.  It really doesn't matter what that word is or what it means because you're just going to have it mean whatever you want it to mean.

You are finally starting to understand that the only understanding of why things exist, and the only proof for their existence, is the fact that they do exist. We have no other proof.

This means, that as far as our understanding goes, all of nature is supernatural. This points at the existence of God more than ever.

Smiley

Even Descartes would frown at what I just read(And he was wrong in his philosophy/for assuming that the mind is automatically metaphysical, but wont get into that). What you've said makes no sense, at all, you're claiming that something exists because you can see/hear/taste it with your five senses, all of which may be misleading you causing you to believe that these things exist when they don't(Your perception of things), matter itself might not even exist, so you cannot prove your own existence by just looking at something at saying it exists,(This is basic philosophy. ) Ever heard of Schizophrenia where those with it can see things that aren't really there? You should really look it up.
All proof for anything is based on the fact that the elements of that proof exist. So, if you attempt to prove that those elements of proof exist, you need other elements of proof to prove them. But what about those elements of proof? How far do you have to go before you get to some elements that are so foundational that they don't need proof of existence. So far, the only two things that we can possibly come up with are God and the supernatural.

Wait actually no, let's go with what you said. So god created disease, he created deformities, he created all those negative things that are around in the world today(And to which you classify as "supernatural"), but you consider him a good god? Quite clearly that means he is an evil one. Thanks for proving yourself wrong BADecker, again.

God created many elements, all of them good, but some that could be manipulated into evil if someone had a mind to do such. God's enemy, the devil (a formerly good angel who corrupted himself), did exactly that. In his desire to create something, he created the only thing that was not created by God... destruction. That's why his name is Destroyer in the Revelation in the Bible.

Smiley

Not true. Things that hinder another living organism such as a disease, has no "good" elements to it, and god created that disease as you say, which is why your god is an evil god. Innocent children, people, die from diseases and ailments everyday, you said it yourself, god created everything right? So then he created these diseases that lead to the deaths of innocent millions every year. What a good god you have (sarcasm).

I could agree with you that disease has no good (but it might have some good that we are not aware of).

Since I didn't say that God created disease, why are you trying to say that I essentially said that God is evil? (Thank you for agreeing with me that God exists. People need to know that God exists so that they have reason to seek Him for their salvation.)

Smiley

So you continue contradicting yourself. You said this:
What's your point? God exists outside of the universe, besides filling the universe.

You also claimed that God made the supernatural, so that means god made disease, etc. That means god is an evil god, get it? You keep contradicting yourself, it's almost as if you're clueless on the topic at hand and you're just pulling out random mumbo jumbo to write down.(You are)

Again, you are claiming I said something I didn't say. So, you prove yourself to be a deceptive LIAR. Does it matter, that you are a liar? Probably you are right at home there.

God made only good things. The devil corrupted the things to make them evil... to destroy them. God turned much of the evil back into good. It is way more complicated than what you are saying... including not part of this topic.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
March 27, 2015, 11:36:18 AM
most of the "scientific" and "inelligent" arguments for proof of god have made me LOL my ass off.. anyone seen that vid where the man is claiming god exists and proof can be found by holding a banana?.. "look how naturally the banana fits into the human hand, it can only of been god" or something like that.. lol

To add to that even if what they said about the banana is true ( which it blatantly isn't ) it's just a fucking banana, creationists think that you can disprove something with just one little thing, yet when it comes to their arguments they conveniently forget that in order actually prove stuff you need several different sources to look at and all kinds of other data to prove it.

Scientists are not just working, they're toiling every day to even get their theories acknowledged and these lazy fuckers just go and make shit up and everyone pats them on the head for it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
March 27, 2015, 11:24:58 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

So you continue contradicting yourself. You said this:

You also claimed that God made the supernatural, so that means god made disease, etc. That means god is an evil god, get it? You keep contradicting yourself, it's almost as if you're clueless on the topic at hand and you're just pulling out random mumbo jumbo to write down.(You are)
legendary
March 27, 2015, 11:13:55 AM
most of the "scientific" and "inelligent" arguments for proof of god have made me LOL my ass off.. anyone seen that vid where the man is claiming god exists and proof can be found by holding a banana?.. "look how naturally the banana fits into the human hand, it can only of been god" or something like that.. lol

I can understand your position. The U.S. warned the Japanese government that it was going to make examples of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Japanese just laughed. Now they are some of the greatest nuclear theorists around.

It is only after you start examining things that you might become interested in not laughing,

Smiley
legendary
March 27, 2015, 11:10:44 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 27, 2015, 11:07:27 AM
eidoo wallet
March 27, 2015, 11:04:02 AM

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
March 27, 2015, 11:01:20 AM

Smiley

All proof for anything is based on the fact that the elements of that proof exist. So, if you attempt to prove that those elements of proof exist, you need other elements of proof to prove them. But what about those elements of proof? How far do you have to go before you get to some elements that are so foundational that they don't need proof of existence? So far, the only two things that we can possibly come up with are God and the supernatural.

Smiley
legendary
March 27, 2015, 10:50:12 AM
Want to make an easy cool $1mil? (Originally it was only 1/4mil but has since been increased to a full mil.)
We are willing to pay any individual *$250,000 if they can produce empirical evidence which proves that Jesus is not the son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
http://boingboing.net/2005/08/19/boing-boings-250000.html

Or you could go for the original challenge from Dr. Kent Hovind worth $250k.
Creation Science Evangelism founder Kent Hovind has a cool quarter of a million smackers on the line for “anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution.”
http://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/08/19/i-will-pay-you-to-prove-me-wrong/

Whoever wins could post the results here in this thread and then this thread could be closed once and for all. So what do you say folks? Put you mouth where the money is! Wink

I wonder if the constellation, Andromeda, has any electrons in it. Could somebody please prove it for me?

Smiley
legendary
March 27, 2015, 10:37:05 AM
Activity: 476
I like boobies
March 27, 2015, 10:19:33 AM
Want to make an easy cool $1mil? (Originally it was only 1/4mil but has since been increased to a full mil.)
We are willing to pay any individual *$250,000 if they can produce empirical evidence which proves that Jesus is not the son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
http://boingboing.net/2005/08/19/boing-boings-250000.html

Or you could go for the original challenge from Dr. Kent Hovind worth $250k.
Creation Science Evangelism founder Kent Hovind has a cool quarter of a million smackers on the line for “anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution.”
http://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/08/19/i-will-pay-you-to-prove-me-wrong/

Whoever wins could post the results here in this thread and then this thread could be closed once and for all. So what do you say folks? Put you mouth where the money is! Wink
eidoo wallet
March 27, 2015, 10:10:13 AM

Smiley

Even Descartes would frown at what I just read(And he was wrong in his philosophy/for assuming that the mind is automatically metaphysical, but wont get into that). What you've said makes no sense, at all, you're claiming that something exists because you can see/hear/taste it with your five senses, all of which may be misleading you causing you to believe that these things exist when they don't(Your perception of things), matter itself might not even exist, so you cannot prove your own existence by just looking at something and saying it exists,(This is basic philosophy). Ever heard of Schizophrenia where those with it can see things that aren't really there? You should really look it up.

legendary
March 27, 2015, 10:07:09 AM

Smiley

EDIT: I wouldn't want your brain to be overwhelmed with a great reality like the supernatural quality of everything. Put me on ignore, 'cause the truth might just drive you mad. You need to condition yourself to the truth so that you can take it.
eidoo wallet
March 27, 2015, 10:00:06 AM
Don't worry, BADecker told me before that we didn't know what caused the wind(We do). He also told me we basically didn't know where lava from volcanos come from(We do). He also doubted the existence of atomic(Nuclear/fission) power, which means he has obviously never heard of a nuclear power plant or the atomic bomb.

So it's just that BADecker is seriously uneducated about the world around him, and because of that, he just uses the most simple(And incorrect) explanation he can find for things(Aka "god made it").

If it be more plausible if he believed in a god, but his specific belief in the christian god is what turns all his arguments into literal garbage.
Activity: 490
March 27, 2015, 09:59:07 AM
Jump to: