Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 348. (Read 845572 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 24, 2015, 04:03:38 PM
Get some of the New Testament into yourself, so the Holy Spirit has something to work with in you, even if you understand very little of what you are reading.

So in other words your encouraging me to give up my life of peace and embraced a life of intolerance?
For example I have a couple of friends that are gay, *shrug* don't bother me, none of my business. (And no I'm not, I have a wife and kids if your wondering.)

Would I then have to dislike them?

Giving up your life, whether it be a life of peace or not, is something that will happen, whether or not you like it.

Originally, God created our first parents, Adam and Eve. They decided to trade off immortality for what they mistakenly thought was the wisdom of God. They did this when they listened to the deceit of the devil/fallen-angel/alien and ate the fruit. Nobody knows the way that this changed their DNA, but the result of it is that now few people even live to the age 100, but if they do, few of those are healthy.

If everyone had remained healthy starting back at the creation, and nobody died, and we populated the world faster than rabbits, and our intelligence remained high with no loss of memory, we would have picked up the thing we were created for, and have been out populating the stars long ago.

When you see the nut jobs that are wanting to colonize Mars - the common people, I mean - you can see that the urge to go to the stars is still strong within us.

God didn't create us for nothing. God didn't create us because He wanted us to die. But the way that He is saving us has to do with saving our souls as well as our bodies. He isn't going to tolerate any rebellion against Himself beyond this life. He only tolerates it for our hundred years of life now, so that there is opportunity to save us, body and soul, if we let Him.

You don't have to give up your friends. God doesn't have anything against same-sex friends being the best of friends, or of your friends. Stop the same-sex sex (explain it to them). God won't tolerate it. He made people to be heterosexual so that they would populate the Earth and beyond. He made them have great enjoyment in making kids so that they and He would always have as much companionship as any of us would ever want. That's what sex is for. Same-sex sex is one of the mistakes that is bringing death.

Give up whatever is going to keep you from the everlasting life in the new universe God is making. You will give it up anyway, probably by desire, possibly long before your death, simply because you health will deteriorate enough so that you won't take interest in a lot of the things you do now. Don't deprive yourself of the new life.

Fill yourself on the Bible, especially the New Testament, since that is what God will use to move your spirit and soul into salvation, even though your mind might not understand much of it.

Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
February 24, 2015, 03:26:29 PM
Get some of the New Testament into yourself, so the Holy Spirit has something to work with in you, even if you understand very little of what you are reading.

So in other words your encouraging me to give up my life of peace and embraced a life of intolerance?
For example I have a couple of friends that are gay, *shrug* don't bother me, none of my business. (And no I'm not, I have a wife and kids if your wondering.)

The thing that confounds me the most, is that the old testament is clearly against any type of homosexual activity, yet in thet very same testament there are laws that show it is against women's rights, forgiveness, love, compassion, etc, all of which highly contradict what is spoken by Christ in the New Testament. So it makes absolutely no sense for people to "hate on gays", cause if they do, they should also hate on women, forgiveness, etc.

This also most likely means one thing: Christ was never god, he simply witnessed the suppression around him(Rome controlled Israel at that time), and choose to make a stand. The only way he thought he could effectively make a stand however, was to agree upon the old testaments teachings(as that's what the jews believed in), and extend further from there. Wasn't perfect, but look at how big Christianity is today.

That would explain why the teachings of christ differ extremely, extremely far from the teachings, laws, and words of the god in the old testament. Christ himself said he is god the son, and one with god the father, so if a christian is to listen to christ, then he/she must also listen to the atrocious laws that god has made in the old testament.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
February 24, 2015, 03:10:25 PM

legendary
February 24, 2015, 02:54:53 PM
This is what a time sink looks like.

Years and years and years of "debating" over God and nothing has been accomplished to improve any aspect of our lives.  You're damned if you believe and damned if you don't; for example, whether your hate Kim Kardashian, or you love Kim Kardashian, it doesn't matter, what matters is that a portion of your time was lost thinking about it, or worse, that you repeated it to someone else (I recall this episode with her butt being on some magazine, and despite most people not liking any part of it, they wouldn't shut up about it and this magazine won in the end simply because people kept repeating it.)  God is special only in that it's among the oldest time sinks, and the longer it's repeated, the more religion remains in the spotlight; the only way to win is to stop thinking about it.

How can one improve over nature, which God has made? It is by accepting nature that we maintain some of the things that God placed therein.

When people turned from nature towards making mistakes, God offered the greatest improvement that anyone could offer. The improvement was salvation in Jesus, a promised resurrection, and a future life in a new Heavens and new Earth where no mistakes will be able to be made ever again.

So, how is that damned if you believe? It certainly is damned if you don't.

Forget Kim, and the B.S. that the world wants to involve you in so that they can apply your labor to making them their wealth. Instead, take the free offer that God/Jesus offers, that is available to all through the Holy spirit. But... the Holy Spirit acts almost exclusively through the words of the Bible. Get some of the New Testament into yourself, so the Holy Spirit has something to work with in you, even if you understand very little of what you are reading. This way you have the chance to join with all of us colonists on the new Earth God is preparing for us, after the resurrection.

Smiley
Activity: 770
February 24, 2015, 02:49:00 PM

+1,000,000,000,000 X infinite

That speaks volumes.

Even then, I doubt the god of the bible would ever beg for forgiveness: "And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword."  Joshua 6:21

" Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again." Levictus 24:20 - Here again, the god of the bible practices revenge and hate, instead of forgiveness.
legendary
February 24, 2015, 02:43:59 PM
inage
It is incomplete. The additional words should be, "... as I roast in Hell for not believing in Jesus or accepting the salvation Jesus provided for me."

Smiley

Easy to say when your looking in safety from the outside of the barbed wire.

Because all the Jews, even the ones in the prison camps, know and knew that there is a God.

But no doubt the question on their minds was "was god just the devil tricking me all along?"

Undoubtedly there were all kinds of questions regarding God. But Jews are inherently way too stubborn to allow something as simple as torture and death to stop them from believing in God, Who was instilled in their thinking, in their very identity, from infancy on.

Smiley
legendary
February 24, 2015, 02:23:48 PM
inage
It is incomplete. The additional words should be, "... as I roast in Hell for not believing in Jesus or accepting the salvation Jesus provided for me."

Smiley

Because all the Jews, even the ones in the prison camps, know and knew that there is a God.

But no doubt the question on their minds was "was god just the devil tricking me all along?"
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
February 24, 2015, 02:19:38 PM
This is what a time sink looks like.

Years and years and years of "debating" over God and nothing has been accomplished to improve any aspect of our lives.  You're damned if you believe and damned if you don't; for example, whether your hate Kim Kardashian, or you love Kim Kardashian, it doesn't matter, what matters is that a portion of your time was lost thinking about it, or worse, that you repeated it to someone else (I recall this episode with her butt being on some magazine, and despite most people not liking any part of it, they wouldn't shut up about it and this magazine won in the end simply because people kept repeating it.)  God is special only in that it's among the oldest time sinks, and the longer it's repeated, the more religion remains in the spotlight; the only way to win is to stop thinking about it.
legendary
February 24, 2015, 02:09:34 PM
inage

Smiley

Yes. And I might be pressured to cursing God if I had extreme pain, as well. But that didn't seem to be the idea of the picture. The idea seemed to be one of oYo suggesting that there is no God. And that was what my response was for. Because all the Jews, even the ones in the prison camps, know and knew that there is a God.

Smiley
legendary
February 24, 2015, 02:03:23 PM

Smiley

legendary
February 24, 2015, 01:52:37 PM

Smiley
Activity: 476
I like boobies
February 24, 2015, 01:27:36 PM
legendary
February 24, 2015, 01:08:18 PM
Simple fact "GOD DOES NOT EXIST" I guess its time that everyone knows it.

Quite the contrary. The term "God" might not be the best term for what He really is, and the designation "He" might be completely arbitrary, but science has shown that He definitely exists, whatever He is. Scientists show it all the time. They simply don't talk about it.

The link, below, has a reasonably concise description of how scientists show that God exists. If you don't want your faith in the idea of the absence of God to be shaken, don't go there. But if you want to see one of the basic flaws in scientific expression that is actually covering up the knowledge of the existence of God, then read this post.

The link is https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10568165.

This is just one of several things that show that God absolutely DOES exist. If you look back through previous posts in this thread, you will be able to find several others.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
February 24, 2015, 09:39:43 AM

Inasmuch as reality is provably a mental construct, intelligent design exists (and thus it is practical to say God exists).
Activity: 574
February 24, 2015, 09:34:50 AM
legendary
February 24, 2015, 03:05:45 AM
If god exists, it is not subject to logic ( Scientific proof that God exists )  The only being capable of providing proof for or against the existence of an omnipotent being is an omnipotent being

Incorrect.  If God exists, it *must* be subject to logic, else it could not exist (exists vs. doesn't exist is reducible to binary logic).

Edit:  Proof needn't be empirical (because it can't be).

Right.

For God to exist, He must be within this universe, at least in part. The part of Him that is within this universe must exist according to the logic of this universe. Since the term "universe" encompasses everything, for God to be outside of this universe (a condition that is incomprehensible to anything that exists), He also must be outside of the logic of it. But since we exist within the universe, such thinking (outside of the universe thinking) would be, not illogical, but unlogical, and not within the realm of our ability to comprehend.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
February 24, 2015, 02:32:17 AM
If god exists, it is not subject to logic ( Scientific proof that God exists )  The only being capable of providing proof for or against the existence of an omnipotent being is an omnipotent being

Incorrect.  If God exists, it *must* be subject to logic, else it could not exist (exists vs. doesn't exist is reducible to binary logic).

Edit:  Proof needn't be empirical (because it can't be).
Activity: 546
February 24, 2015, 01:55:37 AM
GOD IS AN ENERGY AND CHRIST IS THAT BEINGNESS OR PERFECTION OF GOD CREATOR. “CHRIST” IS NOT A NAME FOR ANYONE—IT IS A “STATE OF BEING OR ACTING WITHIN ‘CHRISTLY’ GUIDELINES”.
The next thing up from that fact is that you are a “created” entity within the energy flow of GOD CREATOR. This makes YOU a creating reflection or representation of experiencing GOD CREATOR. That accepted, you can go further and realize YOUR LIKENESS WITHIN/TO GOD. With that recognition, if taken seriously, you MUST then accept the responsibility that YOU are godly beings! That further means that human life IS OF SACRED IMPORTANCE. CHRISTNESS is LIFE. EVIL is DEATH. And thus, you have the split right down the middle of “ACTIONS”.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
February 24, 2015, 01:37:45 AM
If god exists, it is not subject to logic ( Scientific proof that God exists )  The only being capable of providing proof for or against the existence of an omnipotent being is an omnipotent being
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
February 24, 2015, 01:17:59 AM
But if God were only an idea, then would God exist?
Jump to: