Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 350. (Read 845571 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
February 23, 2015, 10:13:14 AM

There is actually no proof that the Doctrine of Saul is the same as the teachings of Emmanuel.

The basis of salvation in mainstream Christianity is the doctrine of one who was never a follower of Emmanuel and who by his own account remained a Pharisee his whole life.

I am questioning the faith promoted by Saul, who was a Pharisee all his Life.

So by what criteria should we follow Saul if he was never a follower of Christ? Emmanuel (Jesus) warned us about the teachings of Pharisees and Saul was a Pharisee for all of his Life, as far as we know. These are two strong reasons to reject  The doctrine of Saul.

BADecker, I cannot see where your confusion lies; it is obvious which Saul is being referred to. We have mentioned his name many times, and repeatedly I have reminded you that Saul was not "a follower of Christ", which is historical fact. Now after all of this can you say that Saul promotes a doctrine that is the same as that of Christ?? If you can say that (and you did), by what criteria do you judge the writings of Saul to be authentic faith? Listen to what Emmanuel said in Matt. 23 and recognize that "Saul of Taurus" is a Pharisee as per his own confession.

There isn't enough info in them to know who you are talking about, why you are talking about him (if it happens that this Saul is a man), why you are asking the questions, and what benefit there might be in trying to answer.

Since most of your questions are like this
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 23, 2015, 07:18:27 AM
The essence of god is mysterious.  Science itself could be argued as proof of god or so could this staple lodged in my finger (don't ask).  It doesn't matter and it matter completely.  But really it's mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it don't matter.  And if it matters, be mindful.  

But really, even when science does prove any aspect of god there is still more to prove.  The "god" particle is a farce because more particles will be discovered.  Humans just always seek some sense of closure when the reality is infinite and unclosable.

So my best answer would be yes and no and maybe, perhaps, definitely and wait until tomorrow.

LOL !  Hope your finger is okay.

We still don't know for a fact that there isn't just one particle in the whole universe, and that's all there is. We don't know if it is this particle zooming throughout the dimensions at super-high speeds and in various ways, to actually form what looks and feels like all the rest of the particles and energies that exist in the universe. Someday we may know. But we don't know one way or the other for sure, yet.

Smiley

Well I agree with your last sentence anyways!  We're only as good as our measuring equipment.  When they measure the Higgs Boson so called "god particle" it is naive to think that they have found the ultimate particle.  They will find more and more.

I don't think that Hawking dubbed the Higgs Boson the "god particle" because he thought it had anything to do with some kind of god or god attribute.

Yes. We will find more. And since we are only scratching the surface in examining the dimensions, we may find all kinds of things that are neither particle or wave.

Smiley

EDIT: One of my big questions is: "Do we know for a fact that we are not creating some of these particles rather than simply finding them?"
legendary
February 23, 2015, 07:13:52 AM

There is actually no proof that the Doctrine of Saul is the same as the teachings of Emmanuel.

The basis of salvation in mainstream Christianity is the doctrine of one who was never a follower of Emmanuel and who by his own account remained a Pharisee his whole life.

So by what criteria should we follow Saul if he was never a follower of Christ? Emmanuel (Jesus) warned us about the teachings of Pharisees and Saul was a Pharisee for all of his Life, as far as we know. These are two strong reasons to reject  The doctrine of Saul.

I might ask an "if" question also. What kinds of rockets should we use to go to the moon IF the moon is really made of green cheese. This question is not for answering. It is one of untold millions of goofy questions that can be asked for nothing.

Your questions about somebody you call Saul are much the same. They are among the millions of possible questions that are not complete enough to be answered. Even if it were complete enough to be answered, it probably belongs to the realm of totally useless questions.

For example. If you asked, "Which hand do you use to catch a bitcoin that you tossed into the air?" who knows what such a question might mean? Bitcoins are not really coins. Certainly they can't be tossed into the air. If someone actually had a bitcoin that was like a coin, why would he toss it into the air in the first place? The whole question is one that simply sits there to waste space and time.

Your questions, above, are similar. There isn't enough info in them to know who you are talking about, why you are talking about him (if it happens that this Saul is a man), why you are asking the questions, and what benefit there might be in trying to answer.

Since most of your questions are like this, simple questions that only float in the air, there really isn't any way to make conversation. Either you type words simply for the fun of typing, or else you try to engage in conversation so that you can manipulate whomever you are talking to. The only reason I respond to you anymore is, since you can type, you are obviously human or human backed. And I empathize with the human part of humans, though not always their childishness, nor their attempts at manipulating people.

So, perhaps if you come up with questions that can be answered, I might play the game with you a little. Other than that, this is the best I know how to do.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
February 23, 2015, 03:01:10 AM
The essence of god is mysterious.  Science itself could be argued as proof of god or so could this staple lodged in my finger (don't ask).  It doesn't matter and it matter completely.  But really it's mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it don't matter.  And if it matters, be mindful. 

But really, even when science does prove any aspect of god there is still more to prove.  The "god" particle is a farce because more particles will be discovered.  Humans just always seek some sense of closure when the reality is infinite and unclosable.

So my best answer would be yes and no and maybe, perhaps, definitely and wait until tomorrow.

LOL !  Hope your finger is okay.

We still don't know for a fact that there isn't just one particle in the whole universe, and that's all there is. We don't know if it is this particle zooming throughout the dimensions at super-high speeds and in various ways, to actually form what looks and feels like all the rest of the particles and energies that exist in the universe. Someday we may know. But we don't know one way or the other for sure, yet.

Smiley

Well I agree with your last sentence anyways!  We're only as good as our measuring equipment.  When they measure the Higgs Boson so called "god particle" it is naive to think that they have found the ultimate particle.  They will find more and more.
February 23, 2015, 12:44:16 AM

So by what criteria should we follow Saul if he was never a follower of Christ? Emmanuel (Jesus) warned us about the teachings of Pharisees and Saul was a Pharisee for all of his Life, as far as we know. These are two strong reasons to reject  The doctrine of Saul.
legendary
February 22, 2015, 11:59:01 PM
Quote from: bl4kjaguar

Very interesting to me that BADecker asserts the integrity of his bible
and Promotes that book with eight points that Suggest it is the WORD of God--
But when I show BADecker that those points are more strongly supportive of Phoenix Journals
He does not address the issue at hand.

BADecker, it seems that you don't understand that truth which you slandered; my faith/truth is not about being a god but knowing God and truth.

God dwells within the temple that is you, thus the saving comes from yourself; you will find the proof of God within you.

Gnostic Christianity has a claim to authentic faith that is at least as valid; there is actually no proof that the Doctrine of Saul is the same as the teachings of Emmanuel.

Please clarify what you are saying here. It is very difficult understanding you.

Smiley
February 22, 2015, 08:26:14 PM
Quote from: bl4kjaguar

Very interesting to me that BADecker asserts the integrity of his bible
and Promotes that book with eight points that Suggest it is the WORD of God--
But when I show BADecker that those points are more strongly supportive of Phoenix Journals
He does not address the issue at hand.

BADecker, it seems that you don't understand that truth which you slandered; my faith/truth is not about being a god but knowing God and truth.

God dwells within the temple that is you, thus the saving comes from yourself; you will find the proof of God within you.

Gnostic Christianity has a claim to authentic faith that is at least as valid; there is actually no proof that the Doctrine of Saul is the same as the teachings of Emmanuel.

legendary
February 22, 2015, 07:26:01 PM
The essence of god is mysterious.  Science itself could be argued as proof of god or so could this staple lodged in my finger (don't ask).  It doesn't matter and it matter completely.  But really it's mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it don't matter.  And if it matters, be mindful. 

But really, even when science does prove any aspect of god there is still more to prove.  The "god" particle is a farce because more particles will be discovered.  Humans just always seek some sense of closure when the reality is infinite and unclosable.

LOL !  Hope your finger is okay.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
February 22, 2015, 05:40:57 PM

legendary
February 22, 2015, 03:49:11 PM

Look BADecker, by careful study of the Problem of the criterion, you too can put into context such discoveries of science as "all is information and energy" and "spiritual essence is never born, so it can never die". Knowing the secret to immortality and energy/information is the theme of spirituality, concepts like "salvation" have little support, but we can always share the world of love, so it is the "altered ego" which desires to be saved by love. After all, you cannot share an experience, so all of these reasons make salvation unlikely unless it is by one's own efforts.

Chuckle. This is why we see all kinds of people all over the place who are 500 years old, or a thousand, or 2,000, etc.  It's because people can save themselves. It's because the fact that they grow old and die is because they want to.

People can do anything, right? Because they are God, right? People who shoot other people with a gun and kill them, are people who can do it. And the people who get shot by them are the people who can get shot, right? People who get shot just love to get shot. That's why they do it, because they are God and have control over their own lives. They don't need a Savior, because they don't have anything to be saved from, since they caused themselves to get shot.

You poor deluded blakjag. Oops! I shouldn't say it that way, since you have control over your own life, and so want to be deluded. You wonderful, happy blakjag, so good at controlling yourself right into delusion.

Smiley
legendary
February 22, 2015, 03:30:23 PM
God's existence doesn't need scientific proof.  

Yes it does, that's how you proof something exists you pillock.

Why in the world would God's existence need proof? Proof or not, He exists.

People might need proof of God's existence so that they can live comfortably in their minds and hearts. God's existence, itself, doesn't need proof for it to be.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2015, 02:10:49 PM

Yes it does, that's how you proof something exists you pillock.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
February 22, 2015, 02:00:40 PM
Clearly this doesn't exist.  Here's a neat site with some quotes tho:  http://a.theis.st
legendary
February 22, 2015, 10:06:11 AM

The Bible simply never says "Jesus is God" and you can see this fact on the Wikipedia page for "Christ".

However, the Bible does express that Jesus is God.

http://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-God.html

https://carm.org/bible-verses-show-jesus-divine

http://bugman123.com/Bible/JesusIsGod.html

Many more sites show the same, but some of the others may have even more info.

Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 22, 2015, 03:14:43 AM

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy
and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after
the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Col 2:8 (KJV)
legendary
February 21, 2015, 10:32:03 PM
Read Phoenix Journals to know the truth about man, GOD, and all of creation.

Read Phoenix Journals to hear God's Messengers speak the truth, just like GOD promised.

Wow! Thanks. I didn't expect such a fast answer.

Smiley
February 21, 2015, 10:23:02 PM
Read Phoenix Journals to know the truth about man, GOD, and all of creation.

Read Phoenix Journals to hear God's Messengers speak the truth, just like GOD promised.
legendary
February 21, 2015, 10:09:17 PM
You keep using the word "religion", whose existence you have refused. I think "refuse" may be a more acceptable word than "deny", certainly less harsh, but the underlying logic still stands.

There you go, stating something that is completely contrary to the evidence above. Why do you think that I have refused the existence of religion? Wasn't it I who brought to light the fact that Atheism is a religion? Wasn't it I who showed how it is a religion by comparing it to the dictionary definition of the word "religion?" What are you saying about yourself when you can't even follow the written pattern?

Smiley
Yes. and with that assertion you have eroded your own faith. If disbeluef is a belief, and atheism is a religion, then the concepts of belief, faith and religion are meaningless. What use is a concept or an idea if you can't define or even imagine its negation?

And the implied assumtion, was the one of monotheism, at length discussed above. A polytheist could take your assumption and still remain religious, as a monotheist which you are, you can't.
No
Quite the contrary. My faith is stronger than ever, because I have been pushed into examining the evidences for my faith ever more strongly because of things written in this forum.

Set aside the ideas of belief and faith for a moment. Rather, look at only the evidences for the various religions including Atheism. The monotheistic view is strongest. The reason that it is strongest is, the Bible cannot exist according to probability, yet it does exist, in great numbers, in multitudes of translations. You can determining the odds of its existence by examining the way it came into existence along with the things that make it up, along with the traditions of the Hebrew people that it is truth. None of any of the other religions - not even atheism - can match the religion of the Bible in this way.

Whatever assumption(s) you are talking about above, let's continue making them. Why would I suggest this? Because the more there is an assumption, the more there has to be faith to believe in it. And the only way God accepts us is through faith. Let's hope any Atheists will suddenly make the jump to faith in God - for Whom there is way more evidence than no God - taking the strength of their faith with them.

Smiley

I find it hard to believe that you have actually questioned your beliefs, BADecker.

We are still no closer to answering the problem of the criterion as you can see with your discussion with The Joint.

And also, you do not have the context enough to understand that Nicea was not a distillation of authentic faith.
I have discussed how Paul was never a follower of Christ, so by which criteria do you judge Paul's teaching to be correct?

Please at least read these sources to get some context:

Sources Section and section on messianic movements
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Temple_Judaism

Look BADecker, by careful study of the Problem of the criterion, you too can put into context such discoveries of science as "all is information and energy" and "spiritual essence is never born, so it can never die". Knowing the secret to immortality and energy/information is the theme of spirituality, concepts like "salvation" have little support, but we can always share the world of love, so it is the "altered ego" which desires to be saved by love. After all, you cannot share an experience, so all of these reasons make salvation unlikely unless it is by one's own efforts.

God is love and no one is left out of universal love.

I made use of some sources: "The Crystal Cave" and the three other lectures from "Deepak Chopra: The Essential DVD Collection" (1995) and" of course Phoenix Journals which are very explicit and well - referenced; making them superior to the Nicean and Pauline teachings. The Bible simply never says "Jesus is God" and you can see this fact on the Wikipedia page for "Christ".

I hope that you can see why both I and The Joint are Discussing with you the Problem of the Criterion and related issues.

Does this then mean that you are accepting as your own, the same basic reasons as I, why one might want to examine what religion and God are in the first place? I still haven't been able to get out of you a simple, itemized list as to why anyone might want to look at the writings you profess.

A simple itemized list might look like the one below. Now, don't get me wrong. This is only an example to guide you in writing your list. I am not at all saying that this is what your list is or would be if you wrote it down. This is only a little example showing how you might write your list, so we all can see clearly a little bit about what you and your writings are there for.

A list of the potential benefits from reading my stuff:
1. Offers a method to get rich;
2. Offers a method to see the universe by flying around the universe in a spaceship;
3. Gives me three wishes like Aladdin's lamp;
4. Shows me how to get rid of any disease I might have;
5. Gives me profound wisdom and understanding so I can outsmart all my neighbors.

Now, of course, some (if not all) of the 5 items I listed above, might be a little silly. Or maybe not, considering that you haven't given a simple list yet... at least not that I have seen, anyway. But perhaps you would kindly list, say, two of the best benefits one might get for reading your stuff (not even 5, like I listed above), so that I and others at least have a little incentive to do the reading (not that we would, necessarily, but...).

What do you think? Can you do this little thing for all of us?

Thanks. You are a sweetheart for doing so.

Smiley
legendary
February 21, 2015, 09:39:42 PM
BADecker, this is you in a nutshell:

Apparently, Bill O’Reilly has never heard of the moon. In a debate Tuesday with Dave Silverman, head of the American Atheist group behind this, the Fox host tried to prove the existence of God by citing the unknowable mysteries of the tides. “I’ll tell you why [religion is] not a scam, in my opinion,” he told Silverman. “Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that. You can’t explain why the tide goes in.”

Silverman looked stunned. “Tide goes in, tide goes out?” he stuttered. O’Reilly pressed on. “The water, the tide—it comes in and it goes out. It always goes in, then it goes out. … You can’t explain that. You can’t explain it.” Of course, Raw Story points out, people who passed high school science might tell you that tides are caused by the gravitational pull of the moon as it orbits the earth. But Silverman had a better response: “Maybe it’s Thor up on Mount Olympus who’s making the tides go in and out."

Now, you probably are just a little bit smarter than Bill ORLY O'Reilly, in that I'm hoping you do understand what causes tidal movement on this planet. But the point is still the same, in that you sit back in your deck-chair, gazing up at the night sky and simply declare everything to be so incomprehensibly complicated that it absolutely positively could only ever be created by an omnipotent super-being whom we are only able to discern the truth of through various ancient writings, you know, what with there being nothing more to go by since the various ancient writings were authored and so we'll just go right ahead and accept that, whatever has been written about the omnipotent super-being must be true because its all we have in terms of data and a bunch of bronze-age goat-herders clearly knew far more about the hidden secrets of The Universe than we could ever hope to discern with our new-fangled scientific reasoning n'all.

BTW, before you go for the ol', "Yeah, well, the fact is that the environment is just so damn perfect for us on earth, what are the chances of that, hmmmmm? Must have been designed to be that way!"

Pro-tip, if things were not 'just right' for biological life to exist on this planet do you know what would have happened? Nothing, biological life wouldn't have thrived in the first place and we wouldn't be here to claim that everything must have been designed because it fits us so well. There's billions of planets out there which, also, will be suitable for biological life, along with billions which won't be.

Numbers, huge numbers and time, massive amounts of time. That's what created us and every other living thing in this Universe that we haven't met yet.

I respect your belief of what God is. But, since you recognize that you and everything were created by Him, shouldn't you at least honor Him by capitalizing the first letters of your name for Him? >>>
Huge-Numbers-And-Massive-Amounts-Of-Time

Smiley
February 21, 2015, 04:07:28 PM
You keep using the word "religion", whose existence you have refused. I think "refuse" may be a more acceptable word than "deny", certainly less harsh, but the underlying logic still stands.

There you go, stating something that is completely contrary to the evidence above. Why do you think that I have refused the existence of religion? Wasn't it I who brought to light the fact that Atheism is a religion? Wasn't it I who showed how it is a religion by comparing it to the dictionary definition of the word "religion?" What are you saying about yourself when you can't even follow the written pattern?

Smiley
Yes. and with that assertion you have eroded your own faith. If disbeluef is a belief, and atheism is a religion, then the concepts of belief, faith and religion are meaningless. What use is a concept or an idea if you can't define or even imagine its negation?

And the implied assumtion, was the one of monotheism, at length discussed above. A polytheist could take your assumption and still remain religious, as a monotheist which you are, you can't.
No
Quite the contrary. My faith is stronger than ever, because I have been pushed into examining the evidences for my faith ever more strongly because of things written in this forum.

Set aside the ideas of belief and faith for a moment. Rather, look at only the evidences for the various religions including Atheism. The monotheistic view is strongest. The reason that it is strongest is, the Bible cannot exist according to probability, yet it does exist, in great numbers, in multitudes of translations. You can determining the odds of its existence by examining the way it came into existence along with the things that make it up, along with the traditions of the Hebrew people that it is truth. None of any of the other religions - not even atheism - can match the religion of the Bible in this way.

Whatever assumption(s) you are talking about above, let's continue making them. Why would I suggest this? Because the more there is an assumption, the more there has to be faith to believe in it. And the only way God accepts us is through faith. Let's hope any Atheists will suddenly make the jump to faith in God - for Whom there is way more evidence than no God - taking the strength of their faith with them.

Smiley

I find it hard to believe that you have actually questioned your beliefs, BADecker.

We are still no closer to answering the problem of the criterion as you can see with your discussion with The Joint.

And also, you do not have the context enough to understand that Nicea was not a distillation of authentic faith.
I have discussed how Paul was never a follower of Christ, so by which criteria do you judge Paul's teaching to be correct?

Please at least read these sources to get some context:

Sources Section and section on messianic movements
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Temple_Judaism

God is love and no one is left out of universal love.

I made use of some sources: "The Crystal Cave" and the three other lectures from "Deepak Chopra: The Essential DVD Collection" (1995) and" of course Phoenix Journals which are very explicit and well - referenced; making them superior to the Nicean and Pauline teachings. The Bible simply never says "Jesus is God" and you can see this fact on the Wikipedia page for "Christ".

I hope that you can see why both I and The Joint are Discussing with you the Problem of the Criterion and related issues.
Jump to: