Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 153. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 744
Merit: 500
August 16, 2015, 03:31:05 AM
Do stealth addresses guarantee full anonymity of the fund receiver ?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
August 16, 2015, 01:51:43 AM
An update on the status of the market would be nice.

Hi, this is an ANN thread so you are monitoring the right place. There are updates when there are changes to be announced. Currently there are no changes to be announced because work is as it was in the last update "ongoing" please refer to the last dev update and hang on for the next one when it comes in due time.

You can trace other previous updates via that bitcointalk account.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11928757

"That covers our development updates for now. If you have any questions regarding recent or upcoming changes you can contact us via IRC, SLACK or Github. You can stay up to date with our progress by registering to ShadowTalk, subscribing to the Shadow blog or following us on twitter."
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
August 15, 2015, 06:32:37 PM
Hello, I did the free upgrade from windows 8.1 -> windows 10. Now the SDC wallet doesn't work getting errors.. Can this be fixed? Huh  I can't access my SDC now, bitcoin wallet works fine under windows 10.

And keep up the good work SDC team!

If you have not already, join our slack group (#help channel) and we can find out what the issue is with Windows 10.
Slack Registration : https://shadowproject.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
August 15, 2015, 12:17:03 PM
Hello, I did the free upgrade from windows 8.1 -> windows 10. Now the SDC wallet doesn't work getting errors.. Can this be fixed? Huh  I can't access my SDC now, bitcoin wallet works fine under windows 10.

And keep up the good work SDC team!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
August 15, 2015, 10:07:55 AM
An update on the status of the market would be nice.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
August 15, 2015, 12:31:13 AM
Also, when we're at it and with all the trouble people are having, I suggest to remove Cryptsy from all listed exchanges etc. I've personally never traded there (well just once when I discovered alts), not impressed. And if many are complaining about their Cryptsy wallets not working etc., wouldn't it be easier?

Bittrex/Poloniex are way better after all.

I have been buying SDC on Cryptsy, Poloniex, and Shapeshift. I do this to avoid running the price up on a given exchange. My coins on Cryptsy have now been locked for over a month due to "Wallet Maintenance". Multiple requests for an explanation have been denied. Although I have traded on Cryptsy since early 2013, I am done using them for anything. There is simply no excuse for the poor service I have experienced lately. I'm quite happy with Poloniex. Speed, and service is excellent, but prices are inconsistent. Shapeshift is the fastest, and I have been able to get excellent prices without playing games with other traders.

Cryptsy just shittiest exchange, I'm going out from that shitty exchange.. Wallet maintenance is not logic while it's have been over a month.
legendary
Activity: 1214
Never compromise your standards!
August 14, 2015, 02:15:39 PM
Also, when we're at it and with all the trouble people are having, I suggest to remove Cryptsy from all listed exchanges etc. I've personally never traded there (well just once when I discovered alts), not impressed. And if many are complaining about their Cryptsy wallets not working etc., wouldn't it be easier?

I have been buying SDC on Cryptsy, Poloniex, and Shapeshift. I do this to avoid running the price up on a given exchange. My coins on Cryptsy have now been locked for over a month due to "Wallet Maintenance". Multiple requests for an explanation have been denied. Although I have traded on Cryptsy since early 2013, I am done using them for anything. There is simply no excuse for the poor service I have experienced lately. I'm quite happy with Poloniex. Speed, and service is excellent, but prices are inconsistent. Shapeshift is the fastest, and I have been able to get excellent prices without playing games with other traders.
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
August 14, 2015, 02:01:19 PM
code: Documentation has really been one of Shadows weak points, and I hope to change that.
Systh, the fact is that you don't have to be a pro at anything, write some stuff up and people will correct it if it's wrong. When something is posted that is incorrect, people actually get more pleasure of fixing mistakes than writing up the text in the first place.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
August 14, 2015, 01:46:30 PM

The attack vector that concerns me more is not one of traceability but some type of DOS attack on the network, by a competing coin, some disgruntled party or blackmailer, or a government who fears Shadow and knows of no other way to beat it. It seems to me there is going to have to be at least one more mandatory upgrade that addresses this: one that detects and bans phony or misbehaving wallets, and a solution for abuse of Shadowsend. It might also help to include some straight PGP messaging in the wallet for communications where you don't have to obscure the identity of the sender and receiver, take a bit of the load off the globally distributed system. Then a tiny fee could be added to use Shadowsend. The Tragedy of the Commons proves that anything that is "free" to use will eventually be abused.
Activity: 390
August 14, 2015, 12:40:27 PM

August 14, 2015, 12:38:38 PM

Awesome! Let's do this.

There are some missing segments that are already written at Shadow Wiki, that can be used surely.
I'd love to write about the rest, but I'm not that good with words (not a native speaker) and definitely not a pro in crypto either :/

Also, there's a lot of stuff in official infographics, that could be copier over (once the copy has been written once, why don't use it again..). While we're at it, I won't be afraid to use some/a lot of those amazing graphics by crz -- they are really attractive (moreover in contrast to what is seen in crypto scene).
legendary
Activity: 1214
Never compromise your standards!
August 14, 2015, 12:21:58 PM
I get what your saying and agree especially about SDC being the cream rising  although the more BTC becomes traceable and transparent the more like fiat it becomes in my eyes, but without it we wouldn't have SDC or some of the other great projects that it gave birth to, so it's all progress and a step in the right direction.
like how you changed your signature to making an exception for SDC hahaha i saw that the other day and was going to comment on it saying you should change that now your in SDC.

I think if BTC fails, it will be because the big. lethargic and intractable community can't decide on how to move forward.
I Agree they are very stubborn they talk about the tech but are reluctant to embrace anything new and innovating and that doesn't make any sense to me, they are just stuck in there ways and emotionally attached to their investments it will probably be it's biggest downfall eventually like you said.

I don't see BTC failing. In fact BTC is growing faster and faster when you consider adoption and services being built around it.

One thing I know is SDC is getting noticed. It is already my biggest crypto investment. If the Shadow Market is properly implemented I could see SDC moving into the top 3 market cap pretty fast.

I'm not going to change my avatar yet, but I'm definitely a believer.
Activity: 624
August 14, 2015, 11:18:30 AM
code: Wiki:
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
August 14, 2015, 11:09:48 AM

That Cryptonote Wiki page makes me think we should create one for Shadow as well. All the resources are pretty much ready, on our website (or wiki), so it shouldn't be such a problem.
What do you think? Wiki page always helps .)
Yeah i think i heard back a few weeks ago someone was working on one, since it links all our competition to the NSA on that page including DASH it's a good idea hahaha show em not only does SDC have better tech but also clean with no back doors and i can guarantee they have them.
August 14, 2015, 11:05:48 AM

That Cryptonote Wiki page makes me think we should create one for Shadow as well. All the resources are pretty much ready, on our website (or wiki), so it shouldn't be such a problem.
What do you think? Wiki page always helps .)
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
August 14, 2015, 09:50:20 AM
Looks like central server based dark markets are turning into honey pots.

http://www.coindesk.com/interpol-held-a-dark-market-war-game-using-its-own-cryptocurrency/

I wonder was the internally developed cryptocurrency ByteCoin by any chance?
legendary
Activity: 1456
August 14, 2015, 08:25:34 AM
Looks like central server based dark markets are turning into honey pots.

http://www.coindesk.com/interpol-held-a-dark-market-war-game-using-its-own-cryptocurrency/
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
August 14, 2015, 08:15:07 AM
i thought we were cool skip but you tried dumping on me? LOOOOL not stupid

I didnt try to dump on u, come on why to do it. I tried to increase the price around 100k. But some other guys couldnt put btc like they promised

I pissed off and sold like 250k sdc

Waiting for a reasonable buy wall to dump the rest of my sdc

Ps: i tried to help u all the time, why to dump on u. I dont even know if u still hold sdc
legendary
Activity: 1281
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
Jump to: