Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 151. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 624
Merit: 250
August 24, 2015, 05:07:25 PM
josh: For those of you who don't know, Rutherford is the shadow community robot, maintained by Ludx. Rutherford links our slack chat to bitcoin talk among other useful things. Both ways. Marlon33 seems to have worked that out now, good for them.
Activity: 624
August 23, 2015, 07:25:37 PM
marlon33: well
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 20, 2015, 08:27:30 PM
I was looking for a secure texting and phone call app.  I came across these nifty apps today.  Thought I'd share them here.  Would be useful systems to integrate with SDC

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.redphone
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id874139669

Both systems are open source: https://github.com/WhisperSystems

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
August 20, 2015, 04:19:58 PM
Shweeeet, thanks. Are there any websites that accept SDC as a form of payment? Like precious metals companies or something?

Currently I know of no companies that accept SDC as a payment method.

You can however use services like www.ShapeShift.io to swiftly do payments to stores that accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies Smiley

Like Kewde said, ShapeShift has ShadowCash in their arsenal. ShapeShift also has a partnership with https://purse.io/ which allows you to buy stuff on Amazon and other big places. Plus there is https://www.coinpayments.net/ which also has ShadowCash in their arsenal and allows you to use your coins most online places like Purse.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
August 20, 2015, 04:10:25 PM
Anyone have speculation as to what will happen with the bitcoin fork?

Also, I read there may be an update this week, is that true?

I don't think that you're in the right thread about speculation about the bitcoin fork.

On the other hand,
An update is coming closer, maybe not this week but it won't take too long anymore.

Shweeeet, thanks. Are there any websites that accept SDC as a form of payment? Like precious metals companies or something?

You can however use services like www.ShapeShift.io to swiftly do payments to stores that accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies Smiley

Cool! I have heard of shapeshift. I probably wouldn't trade my shadowcash for silver bullion anyways  Grin
Activity: 420
August 20, 2015, 02:42:17 PM
could this blockchain data size problem potentially happen to SDC if everyone were to adopt this currency, say right now?

edit: or is this a pow problem?
Activity: 111
Merit: 15
Eat, sleep, code, repeat.
August 20, 2015, 01:31:19 PM

I don't think that you're in the right thread about speculation about the bitcoin fork.

On the other hand,
An update is coming closer, maybe not this week but it won't take too long anymore.

Ni dieu ni maître
August 20, 2015, 01:27:17 PM

On the other hand,

Activity: 111
Merit: 15
Eat, sleep, code, repeat.
August 20, 2015, 01:24:36 PM

On the other hand,
Ni dieu ni maître
August 20, 2015, 01:20:29 PM

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2015, 12:05:59 PM
Guys... we are doing it again. We are ignoring the trollfest that is bitcointalk and we are isolating ourselves to slack.

I fix.

Activity: 462
August 17, 2015, 09:49:17 PM
What is the protocol one should follow when updating their wallet so as not to have any problems with losing coins and such? Is it necessary to delete the previous version on your computer after backing the wallet up? Also, is it only when the HD wallet comes out that you won't have to have a wallet.dat file anymore? Thanks in advance for the help!

As a failsafe: on a secure machine use dumpprivkey
in the console for each address with coins in it, carefully record the private key it return, store it on a thumb drive, encrypted and protected like it was the Hope Diamond. As an extra precaution you can write the file to a CD-ROM too because that's not volatile at all. You can do this with all your coins. Backing up the wallet.dat externally will also work but if you have the raw private key you know it's not corrupted and you can enter it in an existing wallet without deleting anything. External backups are a good habit, I know a guy who lost a ton of BTC due to a drive failure.

Alright thanks to you both. Is there anyway to know that your computer is secure and hasn't been compromised by malware... or other issues before dumping the private key?

Additionally, where would I enter the private key once it has been dumped - if I had changed machines or something?

Thanks for being patient with me. I have lingered a while around Shadow but never posted... I have also been around crypto for a while and am still learning how to protect my interests and operate the wallet like an expert.

Good question about malware. If your coin machine has it you're in trouble to begin with. If you have large holdings you really want a locked-down Linux machine that never goes to naughty places or plays games for all your wallets. This is especially important if you are holding a coin that needs to stake and thus needs to be online so you don't lose value. If your coin machine is your general machine the best you can do is do regular malware scans with whatever scanners you have.

You add the key to a different wallet with importprivkey . You may need to close and reopen the wallet but all your coins will be there.

This is a giant help! Thanks! I'll definitely be popping in around here more often, as I am keen on staying involved with the community.  Cheesy

Youll find that there are alot of knowledgable people around this community! Make sure you register for the slack and pop in to say whats up, as the community is always growing and loves seeing new people in the shadows Wink
Ni dieu ni maître
August 17, 2015, 08:46:09 PM
What is the protocol one should follow when updating their wallet so as not to have any problems with losing coins and such? Is it necessary to delete the previous version on your computer after backing the wallet up? Also, is it only when the HD wallet comes out that you won't have to have a wallet.dat file anymore? Thanks in advance for the help!

in the console for each address with coins in it, carefully record the private key it return, store it on a thumb drive, encrypted and protected like it was the Hope Diamond. As an extra precaution you can write the file to a CD-ROM too because that's not volatile at all. You can do this with all your coins. Backing up the wallet.dat externally will also work but if you have the raw private key you know it's not corrupted and you can enter it in an existing wallet without deleting anything. External backups are a good habit, I know a guy who lost a ton of BTC due to a drive failure.

Alright thanks to you both. Is there anyway to know that your computer is secure and hasn't been compromised by malware... or other issues before dumping the private key?

Additionally, where would I enter the private key once it has been dumped - if I had changed machines or something?

Thanks for being patient with me. I have lingered a while around Shadow but never posted... I have also been around crypto for a while and am still learning how to protect my interests and operate the wallet like an expert.

Good question about malware. If your coin machine has it you're in trouble to begin with. If you have large holdings you really want a locked-down Linux machine that never goes to naughty places or plays games for all your wallets. This is especially important if you are holding a coin that needs to stake and thus needs to be online so you don't lose value. If your coin machine is your general machine the best you can do is do regular malware scans with whatever scanners you have.

You add the key to a different wallet with importprivkey . You may need to close and reopen the wallet but all your coins will be there.

This is a giant help! Thanks! I'll definitely be popping in around here more often, as I am keen on staying involved with the community.  Cheesy
Activity: 503
August 17, 2015, 02:03:04 PM

Ni dieu ni maître
August 17, 2015, 01:36:23 PM

Activity: 503
August 17, 2015, 01:23:36 PM

Activity: 606
August 17, 2015, 01:04:39 PM
It's not necessary to delete the previous versions. After backing up your wallet.dat, you simply need to run the latest Shadow executable file. And everytime you open your wallet just make sure you're using the latest executable.
Ni dieu ni maître
August 17, 2015, 01:00:30 PM
Activity: 606
August 17, 2015, 08:32:23 AM
so glad skip is done or gone! shadow will explode buy some before its to late!
SDC is the real deal no hype no gimmicks just cutting edge tech and a bright future, get in now be willing to hold LT like a few years! and it will reward you big time, this is not a short term investment, the bloke who just dumped was impatient.
Neither of you guys are offering anything to the discussion here. Just comes off as shilly investment advice with the syntax and vocabulary of mindless unoriginal pumpers. In my opinion, this language is a major turn off. If I wasn't already invested (monetarily and mentally) in Shadow and came into this thread to discuss the coin, saw posts of this nature, I'd leave and never think twice about coming back. Not trying to offend either of you, just calling it like I see it.
he didn't ask about the tech he asked why the price was down he has obviously already researched the tech and that's what the op is for, you have the worst attitude if anything is a turnoff for investors it's your bad attitude not my positive one, people were right this community is toxic, im also going to be a silent investor from now on, your the turn off not me.
Dadon. Is not the community itself is just about few individuals that are poisoning it. It’s about their everyday life  attitude and their tendency to control other people reaction and actions. This guy and his bipolar friend and 2-3 others. You know exactly to whom I referring to.
They are not smart enough to understand or they don’t care that the community is the real power behind the success of any crypto coin and that more than half of the investors don’t give a flying fuck about technology but about the popularity of the coin and the positive attitude of the community….see doge and others.
And that’s the reason why this good coin is not so popular and the prices are so low. Look at the way they were treating Skip…their biggest investor.
In my opinion Is not a smart move to stay away from this community, because you let the “bad boys” take control.
Is just a humble advice, but next time when a member of this community is trying to place judgment upon a positive reaction or any kind of reaction of one of the community member, just tell them to fuck off.
At the end of the day, they are just some lonely sorry dudes behind a PC trying to control the world. 
I don’t see them as part of shadow community or any community but as low life miniature dictators.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Activity: 760
CryptoZilla
August 17, 2015, 08:16:17 AM
This quite entertaining Cool Cool

Jump to: