Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 154. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2015, 02:51:53 AM
I get what your saying and agree especially about SDC being the cream rising  although the more BTC becomes traceable and transparent the more like fiat it becomes in my eyes, but without it we wouldn't have SDC or some of the other great projects that it gave birth to, so it's all progress and a step in the right direction.
like how you changed your signature to making an exception for SDC hahaha i saw that the other day and was going to comment on it saying you should change that now your in SDC.

I think if BTC fails, it will be because the big. lethargic and intractable community can't decide on how to move forward.
I Agree they are very stubborn they talk about the tech but are reluctant to embrace anything new and innovating and that doesn't make any sense to me, they are just stuck in there ways and emotionally attached to their investments it will probably be it's biggest downfall eventually like you said.

I believe if BTC fails it's going to be due to mining problems. As a miner I can tell you, it is barely worth it even under ideal circumstances now, the tech is not going to catch up to the next halving just due to the  reality of Maxwell's equations and the fees are not going to take up the slack. Unless the price rises above $1K (and why would it?) there's not going to be any reason to hash beyond an opportunity to screw the blockchain, which is an act that would make the coin worthless. This makes it totally unknown economic territory, and a failure of BTC is going to take down many altcoins with it.

That's why it would be really nice if Shadow was its own "thing" at that point, that people who don't even own any BTC are accustomed to using.
I agree. POW boils down to a couple companies quietly in an arms race for the fastest hashing chip. You end up with like 3 companies with like 90% of all the hash and 1 company with dangerously close to 50%. I see the future and no one uses the term cyberpunk or has a hoverboard but POS is on everyone's tongues. The opportunity to transfer perceived wealth from btc to altsimproved blockchains is fast approaching. I personally do not hope for BTC to be the gold standard for the above reason.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
August 14, 2015, 01:56:41 AM
I get what your saying and agree especially about SDC being the cream rising  although the more BTC becomes traceable and transparent the more like fiat it becomes in my eyes, but without it we wouldn't have SDC or some of the other great projects that it gave birth to, so it's all progress and a step in the right direction.
like how you changed your signature to making an exception for SDC hahaha i saw that the other day and was going to comment on it saying you should change that now your in SDC.

I think if BTC fails, it will be because the big. lethargic and intractable community can't decide on how to move forward.
I Agree they are very stubborn they talk about the tech but are reluctant to embrace anything new and innovating and that doesn't make any sense to me, they are just stuck in there ways and emotionally attached to their investments it will probably be it's biggest downfall eventually like you said.

I believe if BTC fails it's going to be due to mining problems. As a miner I can tell you, it is barely worth it even under ideal circumstances now, the tech is not going to catch up to the next halving just due to the  reality of Maxwell's equations and the fees are not going to take up the slack. Unless the price rises above $1K (and why would it?) there's not going to be any reason to hash beyond an opportunity to screw the blockchain, which is an act that would make the coin worthless. This makes it totally unknown economic territory, and a failure of BTC is going to take down many altcoins with it.

That's why it would be really nice if Shadow was its own "thing" at that point, that people who don't even own any BTC are accustomed to using.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
August 13, 2015, 04:32:52 PM
I get what your saying and agree especially about SDC being the cream rising  although the more BTC becomes traceable and transparent the more like fiat it becomes in my eyes, but without it we wouldn't have SDC or some of the other great projects that it gave birth to, so it's all progress and a step in the right direction.

legendary
Activity: 1214
Never compromise your standards!
August 13, 2015, 04:09:13 PM
...but it's still now controlled by the same  pricks who created that fiat system...

Hahhha! That might be true  Grin
If they can trace every transaction like this SABR company claims they can.
And they have rules and regulations governing it and the power and money to buy up and also confiscate to ultimately hold a large portion of the supply, if they don't control it right now it won't be long.
Lets be honest with ourselves here because  i also like BTC I'm not running it down, but If BTC can really be traced as easily and effectively like SABR claims it's about to lose a massive percentage of it's user base, because that was thing that made it so special in the first place the fact it was near untraceable, It thrived on the Darknet for that reason, what will happen to it now? in actual fact if the blockchain is as transparent as they claim fiat is safer because i can hand someone a fiat note with no trace but i can't do that with BTC anymore apparently.
But maybe it will get even bigger and more popular  ? but why ? we already have a fiat system that is basically digital, you have to ask yourself what now makes BTC so different ? nothing really, so what gives it value ?
But BTC is only one part of crypto and all this does is make me feel more confident about the future of SDC because SDC is very different to fiat and BTC, in a good way, and regardless no matter what happens to BTC or SDC, crypto is here to stay.

BTC has many advantages over fiat. A big one for me is I don't need to consult a bank before I can make a big transaction. I don't need anyone's permission, or have to fill our some federal form. It's easy to send BTC anywhere in the world, and if your wallet is properly encrypted and backed up, no one can ever steal it. There will always be a need for coins like BTC, Litecoin, Megacoin, and so on. Each will be valued according to it's usefulness. Almost any Crypto will be better than fiat in the near future. But it's like asking yourself if you would rather have a Chevy or a Ferrari. Or you could say SDC is like a class A stock vs. something less desirable. The more features, the more security, the more elite, the more rare, the more desirable. I think there will be changes in the Crypto food chain. Services like Shapeshift are leading that change. SDC is like cream rising to the top. It will take time, but people notice quality and superiority.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
August 13, 2015, 04:09:06 PM

And they have rules and regulations governing it and the power and money to buy up and also confiscate to ultimately hold a large portion of the supply, if they don't control it right now it won't be long.
Lets be honest with ourselves here because  i also like BTC I'm not running it down, but If BTC can really be traced as easily and effectively like SABR claims it's about to lose a massive percentage of it's user base, because that was thing that made it so special in the first place the fact it was near untraceable, It thrived on the Darknet for that reason, what will happen to it now? in actual fact if the blockchain is as transparent as they claim fiat is safer because i can hand someone a fiat note with no trace but i can't do that with BTC anymore apparently.
But maybe it will get even bigger and more popular  ? but why ? we already have a fiat system that is basically digital, you have to ask yourself what now makes BTC so different ? nothing really, so what gives it value ?
But BTC is only one part of crypto and all this does is make me feel more confident about the future of SDC because SDC is very different to fiat and BTC, in a good way, and regardless no matter what happens to BTC or SDC, crypto is here to stay.

legendary
August 13, 2015, 01:20:27 PM
...but it's still now controlled by the same  pricks who created that fiat system...

legendary
Activity: 1281
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
August 13, 2015, 12:48:11 PM

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 13, 2015, 11:24:51 AM
i thought we were cool skip but you tried dumping on me? LOOOOL not stupid

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 13, 2015, 11:21:48 AM
still there is no progress update from "dev team" ?

dev team does not say a word, i can not understand their behaviour really

lack of communication sucks

shadow has lost its biggest investor, most probably. for sure it will be painfull

This is your buy/sell history?

And you are proud of it?

14 wallets with more than that on the richlist, many of which are cold storage. Lol @ "biggest investor".

skip60 is doin his job, great FUDDing tactic. I played right against it and came out happy

skip60 toss all your coins .. please. i wouldnt want someone like you holding any SDC.

why i appear on this forum only in a great while. same old toxic bullshit thread to thread. BTCtalk is poison
legendary
August 13, 2015, 11:11:32 AM
Lets ask ourselves whats the point of BTC even existing   if it can be tracked and controlled just like fiat can ?
There is no point, the whole concept of crypto was a peoples currency that was not  controlled and tracked like fiat.

Well at least it is finite, helping to preserve equity over a life time or generations vs inflation which serves to rob previous generations of they're sweat and labor.
True but it's still now controlled by the same  pricks who created that fiat system so it's now no better  in my eyes, after all the vision of those big banking family's is a global currency.
Is it BTC that they will use? who knows..but either way they control it now so coins like SDC are needed more then ever.
Even if the wider crypto community has not realized it yet.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 13, 2015, 10:59:38 AM
The importance of *cryptographic sound* currency has never been more important : http://www.coindesk.com/startup-sabr-io-could-have-caught-silk-road-founder-in-days/
This is not about "identifying illegal activity on blockchains", this is about "tracking everything you do on a opaque blockchain".

I hope they get killed, don't respect others' privacy? Don't deserve to live, simple as that.
legendary
Activity: 968
einc.io
August 13, 2015, 10:17:06 AM
Lets ask ourselves whats the point of BTC even existing   if it can be tracked and controlled just like fiat can ?
There is no point, the whole concept of crypto was a peoples currency that was not  controlled and tracked like fiat.

Well at least it is finite, helping to preserve equity over a life time or generations vs inflation which serves to rob previous generations of they're sweat and labor.
legendary
August 13, 2015, 10:04:29 AM
August 13, 2015, 09:57:00 AM
The importance of *cryptographic sound* currency has never been more important : http://www.coindesk.com/startup-sabr-io-could-have-caught-silk-road-founder-in-days/
This is not about "identifying illegal activity on blockchains", this is about "tracking everything you do on a opaque blockchain".

Tweet of the morning, could not have said it better!
https://twitter.com/SDCoin/status/631692472419254272
#Privacy is a human right. It shouldn't be the price we accept to pay for just getting on the internet. #Shadow #SDC

The beauty of the Shadow market will be the decentralizaion. There will be no "Dread Pirate Roberts" to catch.

My issue is not so much with "identifying illegal activity on blockchains", at the end of the day you live in a country governed by law and should abide by it or move elsewhere.
My issue is with the motion that this will be used as an excuse to "tracking everything you do" (like we need more mass data collection) and whilst Satoshis vision was great the opaque blockchain technology is actually a step backwards when it comes to our privacy.

Right now I have a choice, I use my "credit card" for a transaction where I do not care about my privacy and use "cash" where I do...
Hang tight as things could get very interesting very soon.

I'm not for illegal activity either, but it's more important that those who do it do it at their own risk alone, and people who don't do it don't get dragged into it. As it stands now anyone who carries a lot of cash or uses Bitcoin runs the risk of being caught up in the "war on drugs" even if they don't buy, sell or use any. We all have BTC wallets and probably most of us own coins that can be traced back to an illegal transaction. This will eventually become a problem.

Even worse is that crypto is global, and what is illegal use is governed in some places by laws that are not humane or understandable by free people. A "terrorist" in one country might be someone we call a "freedom fighter" in the US, and our blockchain activity could lead to someone having their assets seized or even arrested/extradited in some other country without them even realizing they are connected to something illegal in a country they don't live in. The privacy of Shadow doesn't just hide us from our own governments, it hides us from governments we should consider enemies too.
legendary
August 13, 2015, 09:40:22 AM
BTC Was an idea but not the Answer, like all great ideas they evolve into better ideas as problems with that idea begin to arise.
The problems and weaknesses of BTC are beginning to manifest.
But even though it has problems without it we would not find the Answers to those problems.
I believe SDC is the Answer, you can realize this now and see the bigger picture, or later but eventually you will realize.
maybe i am wrong maybe i am right.
but i don't believe in coincidences and the fact SDC is coming along with the answers to BTCs problems
At the same time BTCs problems are being realized is beyond coincidence it's more like fate.
Activity: 821
August 13, 2015, 09:19:32 AM

#Privacy is a human right. It shouldn't be the price we accept to pay for just getting on the internet. #Shadow #SDC

The beauty of the Shadow market will be the decentralizaion. There will be no "Dread Pirate Roberts" to catch.

My issue is not so much with "identifying illegal activity on blockchains", at the end of the day you live in a country governed by law and should abide by it or move elsewhere.
My issue is with the motion that this will be used as an excuse to "tracking everything you do" (like we need more mass data collection) and whilst Satoshis vision was great the opaque blockchain technology is actually a step backwards when it comes to our privacy.

Right now I have a choice, I use my "credit card" for a transaction where I do not care about my privacy and use "cash" where I do...
Hang tight as things could get very interesting very soon.
Activity: 200
August 13, 2015, 08:24:49 AM
Volume is raising... something is happen... follow this thread guys
yes i say hold man just if its like a couple hundred but hold  Grin the future starts now!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Activity: 122
August 13, 2015, 08:04:09 AM
Volume is raising... something is happen... follow this thread guys
August 13, 2015, 07:57:03 AM

All of the dark market prosecutions have been based on identifying and confiscating a server and arresting the admin of it. If they want to expend their resources tracking down a kid who bought a bag of weed, let them. That happens every day already. The SDT system is just the icing on the cake. It will allow those of us who are completely clean to handle the fiat with no link to the coins and what they may have been used for.
Jump to: