Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 149. (Read 1289635 times)

legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
September 07, 2015, 10:02:20 AM
I mined and I still have original coins minus some that I was forced to sell due to finances.   Several hundred people mined, but most of those had been sold with-in the first several days of POS,  In my opinion distribution is fantastic considering how little true PR we've done, and how little press we have received.  I credit that good distribution due to FUD on these forums and the cyclical rise and fall of the price over the last year.   Now I believe the majority of coins are now in peoples hands whom have a fairly long-term vision here.   Aside from the few who break rank.     
Activity: 812
September 07, 2015, 07:59:15 AM
our in-house cryptographer is happy and quite frankly that is good enough for me for the moment.

2. We have prioritised development over documentation at this moment in time.

Technovert is the in-house cryptographer dasource speaks of. I dont suppose TV might publish a few words about his work here on BCT or the Shadow blog? More info about the Team members was promised some months ago and I'm still none the wiser. But Id settle for a brief overview of what he's done in his own words, issued by him or even through a proxy.

The choice to go dev and not provide documentation is said to have been a community decision. Is there any evidence of a vote/discussion that you could link since I have no recollection of such a community decision? Thanks.

Finally Id like to know how many early miners there might have been. If BCT members who actually mined SDC could raise a hand for a quick count that'd be great. Personally speaking I did not mine.

Ive been in Shadow for a long time and have only really ever wanted to know more about our tech (shdowchat/shadowsend) I remember back and forthing with smooth - brings back memories.Without infos/tech discussions this thread just goes off-topic too much with geo-political and precious metal convos.

Three core devs are supposedly working full-time (Im not sure why TV couldnt do the docs while others work on coding). Without more tech interest/discussion I fear the price will tank for some time. And then how will the devs support themselves from SDC?

It may not be your job to provide reassurances or even more info, but without them this community will shrink and people will start to wander. wheatclove (where's dadon now?) and LongandShort might have their skills but running a charm offensive is not in their wheel-house. (LOL). Admittedly LnS's tongue-lashings are amongst the most savagely beautiful things ever produced in prose but even they have limited usefulness.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
September 07, 2015, 03:02:12 AM
hm, no one up to answer my questions? I'll try to contact IZ then and see what's up for myself. will let you guys know if I get some usefull information.

Probably becuase you didnt seem to accept the answer then so i doubt you will now.

so, whats the status on the isidor zeuner review?

Same as last month...

1. All code is open source.
2. We have prioritised development over documentation at this moment in time.
3. We have a bounty program for anyone that finds any issues.

so after way more than half a year there's nothing close to a cryptographic review, depsite people paying him more than 5btc?  Shocked

Since you feel so passionate about it.. go ahead and arrange it.
This is a open source project; our in-house cryptographer is happy and quite frankly that is good enough for me for the moment.

It took bitcoins years to be peer reviewed so as I have stated before a single review quite frankly means nothing to me. I want to see dozens of them and they will come with time.

... No one is phased except you, who seems to have an intrest in the project but nothing tying you here. Are you here to start trouble becuase we seem to have this under control.
But like dasource said before. Go ahead and arrange it, it seems to be that you think you need our permision. You don't, so go ahead!
legendary
Activity: 874
monero
September 07, 2015, 01:26:47 AM
hm, no one up to answer my questions? I'll try to contact IZ then and see what's up for myself. will let you guys know if I get some usefull information.
legendary
Activity: 1456
September 06, 2015, 07:09:49 AM
yep that is him. he also has a linkedin profile where he published a couple of mediocre articles covering crypto currency topics. but that's all known already, which is why I asked in here for some additional information only one of the responsible people could know.

Personally, I think its a waste of time putting all hopes into one basket. I say this having spent time with professional pen testers. They each have their own ways of going about attacking a system.

People wanting to use the system with any meaningful volume of products will do their due diligence and if they are serious they should submit patch requests.

You are better offering big bug bounties.
legendary
monero
September 06, 2015, 03:43:13 AM
morning!

will there also be an update on the code review by isidor zeuner? it's been a while since I've asked about this and am still curious why there is no visible progress?

the collected funds are untouched afaik https://blockchain.info/address/1GGzBQXnouv2LvSvBLcT9vR8CZ3X1sQi6y correct?

if it is of help, I can try to get in touch again with IZ and ask him directly about it? he dosent have a btct account afaik or at least he has never talked about the review in here, right?

he is still alive living in LE and active on other online channels, as I've already checked that.

nota bene: not here to troll, as explained a few months ago, IZ is living in the same city as me and I've always wondered why someone allegdely able to do a cryptographic code review would avoid any crypto meet ups in his city.

edit: one more thing I wasn't able to google. does anyone know who proposed IZ for the code review and why especially IZ at all?

This person?

https://www.freelancer.co.uk/u/zeuner.html

yep that is him. he also has a linkedin profile where he published a couple of mediocre articles covering crypto currency topics. but that's all known already, which is why I asked in here for some additional information only one of the responsible people could know.
legendary
Activity: 1456
September 05, 2015, 05:32:55 PM
morning!

will there also be an update on the code review by isidor zeuner? it's been a while since I've asked about this and am still curious why there is no visible progress?

the collected funds are untouched afaik https://blockchain.info/address/1GGzBQXnouv2LvSvBLcT9vR8CZ3X1sQi6y correct?

if it is of help, I can try to get in touch again with IZ and ask him directly about it? he dosent have a btct account afaik or at least he has never talked about the review in here, right?

he is still alive living in LE and active on other online channels, as I've already checked that.

nota bene: not here to troll, as explained a few months ago, IZ is living in the same city as me and I've always wondered why someone allegdely able to do a cryptographic code review would avoid any crypto meet ups in his city.

edit: one more thing I wasn't able to google. does anyone know who proposed IZ for the code review and why especially IZ at all?

This person?

https://www.freelancer.co.uk/u/zeuner.html
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
September 05, 2015, 01:55:13 PM
We have finnaly managed to get people to stop posting rubish in here. So all is left is announcments when they come out.

Other anon coins like DRK and XMR need only anon. For some reason we need a marketplace too. I just don't get why Sad

"need only anon" is a simple delusion. DRK and XMR are paired on multiple exchanges with USD and other altcoins. They have historically had higher liquidity and more attention than SDC. They've existed longer than SDC and have their own niche appeals (masternodes, cryptonote).

It's much more complicated than "hey we have anon why aren't we sitting at the same price as these other coins".
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
September 05, 2015, 12:05:38 PM
CH again. In bar - no lappy

To add to the above...

Instead of giving Zeuner documentation , which I'm guessing might have taken up to 2 months, it was decided to develop the marketplace , which will take a helluva lot longer. I am not sure when this decision happened but I must've been AFK. Anywho, it makes no ducking sense.

What point has an anon market without verified/ peer reviewed anon? None/Null

Ps Don't like to c Monero logos in this thread. Smooth has much to answer for, including the diminishment of every anon coin in crypto today.

Pps josh - I'm not in slack. Come over here.

Start a thread of your own and i will happily discuss the topic/s with you.

Weak

We are not here to facilitate your mental or drug induced states. This is an announcment thread.

If you want to be heard and answered in the appropiate way then i suggest you start your own thread on your main account.

WE?

Who are you in relation to the team Josh?

This thread serves dammit

legendary
September 05, 2015, 12:01:51 PM

To add to the above...

Instead of giving Zeuner documentation , which I'm guessing might have taken up to 2 months, it was decided to develop the marketplace , which will take a helluva lot longer. I am not sure when this decision happened but I must've been AFK. Anywho, it makes no ducking sense.

Ps Don't like to c Monero logos in this thread. Smooth has much to answer for, including the diminishment of every anon coin in crypto today.

Weak

We are not here to facilitate your mental or drug induced states. This is an announcment thread.

If you want to be heard and answered in the appropiate way then i suggest you start your own thread on your main account.
September 05, 2015, 11:59:32 AM

To add to the above...

Weak

OK - this decision to roll with market, not Zeuner - any links? How did I miss that? Supposedly it was a community vote... where the duck was I?
legendary
September 05, 2015, 11:58:04 AM

To add to the above...

September 05, 2015, 11:40:51 AM

To add to the above...

Activity: 812
September 05, 2015, 09:44:38 AM
We have finnaly managed to get people to stop posting rubish in here. So all is left is announcments when they come out.

I think u mean finally. Dunno who/what ur referring to.

I attempted to push this coin but met with resistance from core community members. Basically I was given my marching orders. - and I took them.

I failed in my task and let down some members of this community who backed me.

You'd be better off slamming your face against a brick wall than asking about Zeuner. Why the Team wasnt proud enough to get that report is beyond me - altho one obvious conclusion manifests… and it's not good.

Other anon coins like DRK and XMR need only anon. For some reason we need a marketplace too. I just don't get why Sad

legendary
monero
September 05, 2015, 05:28:03 AM
morning!

legendary
September 05, 2015, 05:08:53 AM
Long time lurker and crypto investor here

Complete transparency/regular updates from the devs is of the utmost importance to me and probably many other potential investors.

I would rather hear that something went wrong and there are steps being taken to fix it then to hear nothing at all...

not everyone has time to jump into slack/irc

I check the announcements section on the forums a few times a week but there's been no update since july 20th...

I know there is awesome technology behind SDC but community engagement is pivotal to a blossoming crypto ecosystem imo

this technology + a doge like community is where the bliss happens and to the moon engages.

running pr campaigns will not accomplish much if there is no one for the new users to interact with, and building that ecosystem begins at the source with community engagement from the devs or a community manager if possible...

just a few thoughts...  

<3
Feedback is feedback, however.
This is not Doge, it never will be! And no one wants it to be bar a few investor types. Sit back and relax, you will see what a real project and investment looks like!

No news is good news, how easy is that to do. Check and if no news then you have no worrys. Smiley
Proven time and time again this is an Announcment thread. We have finnaly managed to get people to stop posting rubish in here. So all is left is announcments when they come out.

"The core developers are close to releasing their new and improved products:
ShdowCore (bip 39/44 and improved ring signature code) and ShadowGo (mobile wallet for Android) Meanwhile the frontend team is completeing the new GUI to create a easy/er to use wallet.
we will go into detail at a later time when we release our official dev update"

edu-online
Shadow Project Developer.

They will also go into more detail about where they are at with the ShadowMarket and what you can expect over the next while.

Just a few thoughts... I can and will elaborate if you want me to.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 04, 2015, 10:38:19 PM
Long time lurker and crypto investor here

Complete transparency/regular updates from the devs is of the utmost importance to me and probably many other potential investors.

I would rather hear that something went wrong and there are steps being taken to fix it then to hear nothing at all...

not everyone has time to jump into slack/irc

I check the announcements section on the forums a few times a week but there's been no update since july 20th...

I know there is awesome technology behind SDC but community engagement is pivotal to a blossoming crypto ecosystem imo

this technology + a doge like community is where the bliss happens and to the moon engages.

running pr campaigns will not accomplish much if there is no one for the new users to interact with, and building that ecosystem begins at the source with community engagement from the devs or a community manager if possible...

just a few thoughts... 

<3
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
September 04, 2015, 03:13:39 AM
Any development updates or announcements soon?

Thanks.

Yea im really curious about the status on ShadowMarket aswell!

Devs are fixing bugs and issues that came up in testnet testing..

To keep up with the updates and all, come join us at Slack or IRC.
Activity: 200
September 03, 2015, 08:00:14 PM
yea here still waiting
Activity: 229
September 03, 2015, 07:07:29 PM
Any development updates or announcements soon?

Thanks.

Yea im really curious about the status on ShadowMarket aswell!
Jump to: