Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 199. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

if you say that, HD wallet is the solution for it...then HD wallet look like the most important improvement right now

You can achieve great security right now using multisig (like I do) and you will need to have access to multiple devices to move my funds...
What HD wallet (BIP32, 39 and 44) brings to the table is a "standardised" way for say Trezor or Ledger Wallet to add support for Shadow and make it easy for the average person to feel secure with their crypto currency of choice.

Then share with us how to have multisig for average users

I am sure lots of holders are paranoid right now.

Me personelly, dont feel comfortable with one password only

You shouldnt let holders be uncomfortable and if they feel insecure they will cash out

After lawgicc incident, i noticed that price is 5k-10k higher/lower or manipulating the price for 5k-10k extra sdc is nothing.

I am changed now

If they steal, then u re done. I was thinking that, the only way i lose money at shadow at long term was only possible with dev team closing the project

Being robbed really sucks

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
would be awesome to see a ledger wallet!
Activity: 390
Merit: 250

if you say that, HD wallet is the solution for it...then HD wallet look like the most important improvement right now

You can achieve great security right now using multisig (like I do) and you will need to have access to multiple devices to move my funds...
What HD wallet (BIP32, 39 and 44) brings to the table is a "standardised" way for say Trezor or Ledger Wallet to add support for Shadow and make it easy for the average person to feel secure with their crypto currency of choice.

Multisig with your Android wallet would be almost as secure as 2fa.

Best solution on the market at the moment for altcoins Smiley

^ All this would be amazing! Ledger wallet filled with my SDC, that would be sweet.
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
Is there a guide to set up multisig for laymen? If not, sounds like something child_harold could contribute!

*cheeky*
This is the downside of multisig atm ... does require some knowledge to use it safely.

Think I jusr figured out what the first shadowapp should be Wink
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
Is there a guide to set up multisig for laymen? If not, sounds like something child_harold could contribute!

*cheeky*
This is the downside of multisig atm ... does require some knowledge to use it safely.

Best solution on the market at the moment for altcoins Smiley

If you are infecting a file with a virus/malware/keylogger (call it what you want) you will adapt it; This is all within the reach of someone determined to get your funds.
it sounds like a good idea to me, but i dont know technically if it is possible
lets say they that lawgicc's all paswords in hand
they stole from his wallet but even if they know his bittrex pass, they can not steal his bittrex coins
i dont know if it is the case with lawgicc, it sounds 2fa is logical

In that scenario I would just sit there quietly until you logged into BITTREX and then withdraw the funds Wink
The best solution atm is Multisig and hopefully once the new HD wallet is out we can look at Hardware Wallets

Fibrecoin have something called FibreLock which require all password inputs to come from the mouse rendering keyloggers useless.
That is great apart from, I will just wait till you unlock your wallet before stealing your private keys ...

but it is not the same case,

i guess you need a remote access "to sit there quitely and transfer it"

you will not do it with key logger, wont you

they stole from his wallet but even if they know his bittrex pass, they can not steal his bittrex coins

In that scenario I would just sit there quietly until you logged into BITTREX and then withdraw the funds Wink

Fibrecoin have something called FibreLock which require all password inputs to come from the mouse rendering keyloggers useless.
That is great apart from, I will just wait till you unlock your wallet before stealing your private keys ...
I should add that keyloggers can be as stupid or intelligent as you want; i.e. they can take screenshots and capture mouse movements. So these solutions really don't add much of an improvement.

The best solution atm is Multisig and looking forward hopefully once the new HD wallet is out we can look at going the next level up with Hardware Wallets etc.
one question...

isnt it possible to integrate 2fa into wallets...there can be QR code or simple code at the first use of the wallet

it can be as an additional security, and even if someone gets ur password with a key logger he/she can not access ur coins

technically is it possible

It is not quite that simple ... adding 2FA to the wallet != 2FA to access your private keys.

what fibrecoin has is at least the first step to improve that weak point

what i am trying to say is that, stealing coins with a key logger shouldnt be that easy

if it is, then it is shadows weak point to improve (dont get angry immediately)

if we are expecting a mass adoption for sdc, then wallet should be safer for any user (coder, housewife)

internet baking also had this problems at the very beginning, then they improved with cellphone messages, 2fa, etc....cellphone messages is not ok for anon reasons

then we should think on other solutions
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
one question...

isnt it possible to integrate 2fa into wallets...there can be QR code or simple code at the first use of the wallet

it can be as an additional security, and even if someone gets ur password with a key logger he/she can not access ur coins

It is not quite that simple ... adding 2FA to the wallet != 2FA to access your private keys.

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Bitcoin & Litecoin Accepted Here
Your coins got stolen aswell? I don't see any transactions?
no sometimes when you start the client it shows 0 balance just restart the client again and they should be there!

Yes, this is correct. Restart wallet.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
no sometimes when you start the client it shows 0 balance just restart the client again and they should be there!
one question...

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1162
Allergic to false promises
Aaaand it's gone....

Whoever robbed me, is gonna pay for it for sure  Angry

Update: I restarted the wallet and now everything seems alright. Weird, very weird, but the first thing I thought of was the prob that someone else had with his 55k.
            Btw I also notice that I don't see a version number at the ss I took.
one question...

Jump to: