Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 226. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
SDC has a real world future because cash is going to be banned in europe THIS year, they are already shaking peeps down for their bitcoin and mobile phone passwords as they begin to flee the collapse & sadly i am not joking.
people will be desperatley searching for somewhere to store their savings so it cannot be tracked under a microscope and stolen from them.

I am not very technical when it comes to virtual currencies. I have got Guldencoin because as a mainstream coin I think it's going to do well and already a lot of use, but I also hear it's easy for hackers to hack bitcoin wallets. Is it less easier for this to happen with SDC and I also want to buy into a anonymous coins along side guldencoin. I thought about Dash but that is too expensive for what it offers. Is SDC in it for the long future?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
SDC has a real world future because cash is going to be banned in europe THIS year, they are already shaking peeps down for their bitcoin and mobile phone passwords as they begin to flee the collapse & sadly i am not joking.
people will be desperatley searching for somewhere to store their savings so it cannot be tracked under a microscope and stolen from them.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Shadow will have a billion + market cap in the future until then enjoy and STFU price is not important even if does not reflect the true value of the product, that's just the way it is, deal with it, we are number one in innovation, development, and integrity in all of cryptoland, we have a product that blows all competitors out of the water, a true privacy platform in the works, we are number one when the price is shit and we will be number one when it rises, so just relax, No the price does not reflect the value of the product, but good things come to those who wait, and the underdog always wins..eventually Wink

A coin like AUR will have a far higher marketcap then SDC even with basic tech because they will have a market.
We have a market waiting for us already, and it's much bigger then aurora could ever dream of being bro, seriously? aurora is a country coins built for a single country.
SDC is a privacy based platform
It's market is the entire world
auroras market is one country.
so tell me again what market cap will be bigger.

You are competing with many other coins on a global scale. How can you be so sure SDC will be the winner? Don't get me wrong mate SDC is a great coin but what's to say tomorrow a coin called undercover coin gets released with even better tech.
I  don't worry about things that are unlikely to happen, yeah another coin could come out better and if it does i will invest, until then we have a winner.
And i seriously doubt that is going to happen, and if something better just pops up, i will be highly suspicious of who built it, i have seen SDC built from scratch, that is why i trust, and we are not just another coin, this is a privacy platform, everything you need in one application, buy, sell, trade, communicate, exchange all in one place all anonymously, no one is building this, and if they claim to be, good luck catching up with SDC and maintaining a quality product, i don't see anyone beating us, SDC didn't just pop up, it was 6 months of hard fucking work while it got ignored, anything that just pops up that is better has 3 letter agencies written all over it, so fuck em, i will stick to a true libertarian project, i know i can trust
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Shadow will have a billion + market cap in the future until then enjoy and STFU price is not important even if does not reflect the true value of the product, that's just the way it is, deal with it, we are number one in innovation, development, and integrity in all of cryptoland, we have a product that blows all competitors out of the water, a true privacy platform in the works, we are number one when the price is shit and we will be number one when it rises, so just relax, No the price does not reflect the value of the product, but good things come to those who wait, and the underdog always wins..eventually Wink

A coin like AUR will have a far higher marketcap then SDC even with basic tech because they will have a market.
We have a market waiting for us already, and it's much bigger then aurora could ever dream of being bro, seriously? aurora is a country coins built for a single country.

You are competing with many other coins on a global scale. How can you be so sure SDC will be the winner? Don't get me wrong mate SDC is a great coin but what's to say tomorrow a coin called undercover coin gets released with even better tech.
legendary

BTC was built as freedom from the system that controls us.
well while ever it's traceable and the network controlled by a few mining farms, it fails
luckily SDC is coming along at the right time.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Bitties
-talks are already under way with operators of agora and a few others to port over to the Crave network when it's ready. Some people may use Sling road and shadowmarket...however I'll tell you guys right now the big fish will be operating their own markets. Also those markets will be flush with good products.

You realize you're describing a Centralized Market still don't you? The push is to decentralize so places like Agora can't run off with the money.

Buyer > Agora > Seller > Agora > Buyer.
Lose the middle man and the risk.
Buyer > Seller > Buyer.

You're just speculating that 1 month old Crave is going to be the darknet token over ~6 year old BTC.

Yuppp.. The whole point is to avoid one central controlling power/Admin of a darknet market, so many times these controlling powers have screwed over the darknet market 'community', and with DDOS attacks getting more frequent I think it's time to shift away from a centralized marketplaces altogether. Sure, we can contact vendors directly via email and do PGP/GPG encryption, but I would prefer to avoid using email altogether!
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

legendary
Agree with what I'm reading.

Just wanna emphasize importance of MIND SHARE.

Maybe VHS/Beta analogy misplace. But there are amny many precendents to indicate the better tech often loses out (will let others cite)

Thusly I remain loud  & proud (at the expense of being annoying to some lol) becuae IMO nothing sells better than conviction. People (in the meat space) feel my conviction and gradually appreciate the deeper meaning of crypto. There is a LOT of white noise here in cryptoland and if you dont represent then maybe you might get drownded out. Im not taking that chance. Get active. In my honest opinion.

+ those worried about Shadow branding should re-watch the vid. Tackles it nicely.

meat space? like butchers?
Activity: 503
Merit: 500

Maybe VHS/Beta analogy misplace. But there are amny many precendents to indicate the better tech often loses out (will let others cite)

Thusly I remain loud  & proud (at the expense of being annoying to some lol) becuae IMO nothing sells better than conviction. People (in the meat space) feel my conviction and gradually appreciate the deeper meaning of crypto. There is a LOT of white noise here in cryptoland and if you dont represent then maybe you might get drownded out. Im not taking that chance. Get active. In my honest opinion.

+ those worried about Shadow branding should re-watch the vid. Tackles it nicely.

I agree. There's nothing wrong with being a booster for your coin. It's equivalent to cheering for your country or your school. Everyone's entitled to do it.

In US English we casually throw around superlatives. That's because our dialect was so heavily influenced by broadcast advertisers, for whom the product they are promoting is always the best ever created. So I am confident in saying... SDC IS THE GREATEST!
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

That's why I think its important to have ALL the functionality of SDC implemented by that point. One advantage of the relatively weak distribution of an altcoin is hard forks are much easier, as we recently saw. Getting a few thousand early adopters to update is much easier than doing it with millions of users of widely varying background.

Great point! This can clearly be seen in the proposed 20MB block sizes for bitcoin and the hardfork for that being scheduled nearly 1 year in advance. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/34riua/hard_fork_allow_20mb_blocks_after_1_march_2016/
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
and the underdog always wins..eventually Wink

Simply not true. And neither does the best tech always win. The best marketing and adoption is what wins even with inferior tech, history has shown that time and time again. SDC has great tech etc but it's real problem is going to be it's name when it comes to real adoption by businesses and the masses, as the Darkcoin rebrand has shown.
Eventually is the key word here bro.couldn't be fucked picking at straws here so i will leave it at that yeah marketing gets you so far, i would rather build a product worth marketing then market a product that has not been built yet, but that is just me, in my perfect world shadow would put there head down and develop and leave advertising for the finished product while every one else did the opposite..ohh wait they are already doing that fucking love SDC...

You're both correct.

On the one hand only a quality product is worth promoting, and on the other the best tech is not guaranteed of success. I'm sure the examples of inferior tech prevailing (largely due to better marketing) are virtually endless. An obvious "classic" example is Betamax and VHS.

Therefor our main role as members of this community is to raise awareness and promote Shadow. We should reach out to services and online markets to present Shadow as a compelling new crypto worth adopting.

The term "Mind Share" comes to mind. When people think private e-cash system I want them to think Shadow. When people think encrypted chat I want them to think ShadowChat. When people think of a decntralized market I want them to think SBay. When people think of modern day cypherpunks committed to safeguarding our privacy and rights I want them to think The Shadow Project.

We gather in the shadows that we might enter into the light.

I think good tech guarantees some success, but maybe not domination. Overall VHS was a superior technology, Beta didn't have the capacity and the ways in which it was superior were not useful to a person with an ordinary TV. The drawbacks of non-PoS coins are going to become manifest soon; ASICs were not considered when Bitcoin was developed and when their blockchain is controlled not by a billion independent PC's as was intended but by a few shops in China everyone is going to understand what the problem is.

That's why I think its important to have ALL the functionality of SDC implemented by that point. One advantage of the relatively weak distribution of an altcoin is hard forks are much easier, as we recently saw. Getting a few thousand early adopters to update is much easier than doing it with millions of users of widely varying background.

Simply not true. And neither does the best tech always win. The best marketing and adoption is what wins even with inferior tech, history has shown that time and time again. SDC has great tech etc but it's real problem is going to be it's name when it comes to real adoption by businesses and the masses, as the Darkcoin rebrand has shown.
Eventually is the key word here bro.couldn't be fucked picking at straws here so i will leave it at that yeah marketing gets you so far, i would rather build a product worth marketing then market a product that has not been built yet, but that is just me, in my perfect world shadow would put there head down and develop and leave advertising for the finished product while every one else did the opposite..ohh wait they are already doing that fucking love SDC...

You're both correct.

On the one hand only a quality product is worth promoting, and on the other the best tech is not guaranteed of success. I'm sure the examples of inferior tech prevailing (largely due to better marketing) are virtually endless. An obvious "classic" example is Betamax and VHS.

Therefor our main role as members of this community is to raise awareness and promote Shadow. We should reach out to services and online markets to present Shadow as a compelling new crypto worth adopting.

The term "Mind Share" comes to mind. When people think private e-cash system I want them to think Shadow. When people think encrypted chat I want them to think ShadowChat. When people think of a decntralized market I want them to think SBay. When people think of modern day cypherpunks committed to safeguarding our privacy and rights I want them to think The Shadow Project.

We gather in the shadows that we might enter into the light.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
What next for Shadow? (in no particular order)

1) Thunderclap (in 48hrs) will reach nearly 2 million souls
2) The Android Wallet
3) The Zeuner Review
4) More info about Ryno and TV.

What about the shadow market?  Cheesy Wink
legendary

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

2) The Android Wallet
3) The Zeuner Review

* idosedthekoolaid reads @2 and swoons

<3

2) The Android Wallet
3) The Zeuner Review
Activity: 686
Merit: 320

Activity: 522
Merit: 266
And that about sums it up......
Jump to: