Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 229. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
(..) Excellent!. I love a hard fork in the morning! (..)

Cracked me up, lOl.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Looks like this blazin888 kid has sprung a leak, i advice everyone to cross his/her/its' name off any "take seriously list" they might have.

Uummm… why was my bump deleted by a mod?

dont bump then!!

wait… what?
who just sprang a leak?

"dont bump then"? - r u for real?
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

Update: Saturday, 2nd May 2015

Get Synchronized With The New Bootstrap!

With the release of our new and improved ShadowCore client yesterday, we now introduce to you our new and improved bootstrap file, which under tests has shown to get your new ShadowCore client completely synchronized in just a few hours!

Info: https://github.com/dasourced/bootstrap-shadow/
Instructions: http://shadowcash.info/x/MAAV

*Bootstrapping is the preferred way to get your ShadowCore client synchronized because the client will validate the blocks for extra security against the network.

Speed Up The Process By Downloading The Blockchain

However for those of you who do not wish to wait you can alternatively “cheat” by downloading blockchain.zip and extracting the contents ("blk0001.dat" and "txleveldb") to your “ShadowCoin” data directory (overwriting the existing "blk0001.dat" file and "txleveldb" directory). If you don’t know where to find your data directory, please refer to the wiki: here. This method should have you synchronized in under 10 minutes. The blockchain.zip has been created from the above bootstrap.dat file.

*If you are already synchronized, there is no harm in using either of these methods above, as this will give you a "clean" blockchain, which will further help new wallets synchronize quicker.

Have a great weekend,
The Shadow Team

For users looking for both the bootstrap and the blockchain download.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Our Thunderclap Supporter Goal Has Been Reached!

On the 10th of May, we will let the world know how the Shadow Project is defending our privacy with technology that has never been created before.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

Does anyone have a link to the newest downloadable block-chain?  I seem to be taking 'forever' to sync

And just as a note for everyone. Basically everything can be found on the first post of this thread and more importantly the website http://aboutshadow.com

I actually checked there first, but in my haste I failed to put together that the bootstrap IS what I was looking for.  I was looking for 'blockchain pre download' or something of that nature.

Yeah i can see how you would misunderstand "Bootstrap sync faster"
legendary
Activity: 968
einc.io

Does anyone have a link to the newest downloadable block-chain?  I seem to be taking 'forever' to sync

And just as a note for everyone. Basically everything can be found on the first post of this thread and more importantly the website http://aboutshadow.com
[/quote]

I actually checked there first, but in my haste I failed to put together that the bootstrap IS what I was looking for.  I was looking for 'blockchain pre download' or something of that nature.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Looks like this blazin888 kid has sprung a leak, i advice everyone to cross his/her/its' name off any "take seriously list" they might have.

dont bump then!!

Does anyone have a link to the newest downloadable block-chain?  I seem to be taking 'forever' to sync

Activity: 624
ludx: here
legendary
Activity: 968
einc.io
/Satoshi:1.3.2.3/ ??

http://shadowchain.info/nodes/

a new wallet in testing?

ip addys of 1.3.2.3 all point to the same US provider. could this be an internal test?
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
i have 8k sdc in my wallet, my wallet was v1.3.2.2, am i need to back up or update a wallet to face a hard fork, or its just fine i leave my coin staking ?

im pretty sure your coins will stop staking after fork if u dont update and u wont be able to send / receive coins. Any coins sent/received will be lost if u dont upgrade iirc.

MANDATORY UPGRADE!

i have 1.3.2.2 wallet, what is the lattest wallet ?

You have the latest wallet.  

apologies ahoenk - misread your post.
since you have already upgraded to the latest 1.3.2.2 you're set. Backing up your wallet again is optional but always a good idea to get more backups of your wallet imo.

Everything seems to be working just fine. Computer might be a little more responsive too.

I've got all my private keys in an encrypted file on a SDcard, stored in a little snuff tin that is properly hidden. Nothing protects you like an air gap!

legendary
Activity: 1133
-talks are already under way with operators of agora and a few others to port over to the Crave network when it's ready. Some people may use Sling road and shadowmarket...however I'll tell you guys right now the big fish will be operating their own markets. Also those markets will be flush with good products.

You realize you're describing a Centralized Market still don't you? The push is to decentralize so places like Agora can't run off with the money.

Buyer > Agora > Seller > Agora > Buyer.
Lose the middle man and the risk.
Buyer > Seller > Buyer.

You're just speculating that 1 month old Crave is going to be the darknet token over ~6 year old BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1133
theo.godspeed: the answer  the different pos v1 and pos v2 is name

For those curious about the PoS v2 I've linked to BlackCoin's Whitepaper
ffmad: that's boring, do you want to be added to the bot list blazin 8888 ? Stop spamming SDC thread
Activity: 126
Moon
i have 8k sdc in my wallet, my wallet was v1.3.2.2, am i need to back up or update a wallet to face a hard fork, or its just fine i leave my coin staking ?

im pretty sure your coins will stop staking after fork if u dont update and u wont be able to send / receive coins. Any coins sent/received will be lost if u dont upgrade iirc.

MANDATORY UPGRADE!

i have 1.3.2.2 wallet, what is the lattest wallet ?
yes this is the latest
ludx: Well, at least almost everything. There seems to be an issue with account post limit, which I thought I allready fixed.
ludx: yes, rutherford is a bot. it posts everything from our bitcointalk thread to here and everything thats posted here gets posted back to bitcointalk thread
theo.godspeed: the answer  the different pos v1 and pos v2 is name
theo.godspeed: y
Jump to: