Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 255. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
Thanks for the replies everyone. I downloaded the bootstrap file and disabled secure messaging. It's still slow and the blockchain is at 48% downloaded, is that normal? With the way things have been going it'll still take weeks to get it to 100%. Anything else I can do?

I had to reload the blockchain a couple weeks back and had similar issues. just took forever.
I ended up using @ffmad's blockchain backup posted here: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/359/wallet-update-1-3-1-0/7

it not only had the blk0001.dat but also contained the "txleveldb" folder with the current .ldb databases. I believe a lot of the slow problems I was having revolved more around the txleveldb files I needed vs the blk0001.dat I could get straight from the bootstrap download here: http://shadow.cash/downloads/bootstrap.dat
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Thanks for the replies everyone. I downloaded the bootstrap file and disabled secure messaging. It's still slow and the blockchain is at 48% downloaded, is that normal? With the way things have been going it'll still take weeks to get it to 100%. Anything else I can do?
did you just download the wallet?

No I've had it for a week or so, it's version 1.3.1.0-1.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
did you just download the wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

Hello, can someone please let me know, How many shadow coins in total are to be released I believe there are nearly 6.5 million in circulation at this time?

Thanks

Shadow uses Proof of Stake (PoS) to secure the network. With that comes a 2% annual growth that goes to "stakers" who process transactions. So to answer your question about total coins to be released, the current supply is 6.4+ million and that grows by 2% annually.
Activity: 168
…I thought I was investing in new and innovative tech…

You did. I commend you.

Q. Did u send urself and SDC>SDT transaction yet and check the tx it in the explorer? Gotta "see it" (or "not see it") to believe it Cool
e.g. http://shadowchain.info/tx/df7b094d407843f4a6397db47cbe05dfb605c90784892a7fa6666762ef7e43a8 - dafuq? SmileyWink
Hey guys I'm getting frustrated with SDC. The wallet is slow and crashes constantly. I've been downloading the blockchain for 4 days now and it's only at 15%. I read the whitepaper and got excited about the tech and put over $400 into it at 74k, only to watch the price go down to 61k today. I'm on iOS X is this going to get better? I can't "cut my losses". It looks like I'm locked in this for seemingly forever... I'm sort of waking up to the trends on Bittrex now... one day it's TRON the next day it's CRAVE and then today it's some new coin called 8Bit. I thought I was investing in new and innovative tech, sort of like how bitcoin was years ago, turns out this more a of stupid game of hot potato and I'm starting to regret my purchase decision.

i know this feeling and it's hard to resist, just be patient with SDC it is being constantly developped, and is a safe storage for your btc ( safer than btc itself ) don't try to chase the flavour of the day, it becomes stressful constantly watching the price, $400 can vanish in an instant with these crap coins, so be careful.

it's a bug in OSX wallet, see post a couple up
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11137349
Activity: 182
Hey guys I'm getting frustrated with SDC. The wallet is slow and crashes constantly. I've been downloading the blockchain for 4 days now and it's only at 15%. I read the whitepaper and got excited about the tech and put over $400 into it at 74k, only to watch the price go down to 61k today. I'm on iOS X is this going to get better? I can't "cut my losses". It looks like I'm locked in this for seemingly forever... I'm sort of waking up to the trends on Bittrex now... one day it's TRON the next day it's CRAVE and then today it's some new coin called 8Bit. I thought I was investing in new and innovative tech, sort of like how bitcoin was years ago, turns out this more a of stupid game of hot potato and I'm starting to regret my purchase decision.

i know this feeling and it's hard to resist, just be patient with SDC it is being constantly developped, and is a safe storage for your btc ( safer than btc itself ) don't try to chase the flavour of the day, it becomes stressful constantly watching the price, $400 can vanish in an instant with these crap coins, so be careful.
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
nodes?

Not having any luck syncing.

curious. i never had to manually enter nodes. you could try deleting the peers.dat and restarting wallet.

Tried that. No Luck.

Code:
"version" : "v0.9.1.0-44-g8971bc2",
    "protocolversion" : 60013,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 0,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 0.00000000,
    "connections" : 0,

Current wallet version is 1.3.1.0, you can download the latest from aboutshadow.com

SDC seems to be the better out of the recent anon coins, but yes it's mainly rinse and repeat when it comes to volume. Bots create about 90% of it for these coins. After 3 months Crave and Tron will most likely will be under 10 btc volume before it eventually becomes a write off.

You have seen this story before with CINNI,Cloak,Stealth,Crypt etc etc.

These coins are the slot machines of the virtual currency world, they have absolutely no future in mainstream adoption but great to trade with. I am terrible with trading so I just stick to coins that will have a long term future like Guldencoin and Digibyte.

think people are forgetting about ShadowSend v2.

I have said and will continue to say:

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE WALLET + BUY A COUPLE SDC (OR ASK FOR A SMALL TIP IN IRC/SLACK) AND PLAY WITH SDC>SDT, SDT>SDT AND SDT>SDC ANON TX'S. WHEN YOU DO YOU'LL "GET IT".

CHECK MY SIG BELOW Wink
http://shadowchain.info/tx/df7b094d407843f4a6397db47cbe05dfb605c90784892a7fa6666762ef7e43a8

p.s. i have no qualification but others do (and Zeuner will provide his) and the code is open and on git - but my strong feeling is that even now shadowsendv2 is better than cryptonote currencies and when ZK-snarks is implementable (shadowsendv3?) it'll just slot right in to this modular codebase. this is my understanding.

Cryptonote uses a different curve, different libraries, and a whole different underlying core.
We used ring signatures to spend Shadow, which is created by sending SDC as an anonymous output.
Our scheme is quite a bit different, in that we borrow concepts from zerocoin, with the minting and spending, and use ring signatures to make the inputs untraceable from the outputs.. We're also using PoS instead of PoW.
Its a completely unique scheme and implementation Smiley

^rynomster is Lead Dev

with or without a market this is probably the best anon coin in crypto today, and people are waking up to this.

ATTENTION OS X USERS

1) There is a bug in the OSX wallets which results in crashing and poor performance (SBBOD). Assuming you DO NOT use ShadowChat the workaround is to deselect (un-tick)"Enable Secure Messaging" in Shadow>Preferences:

2) For sync download bootstrap (updated every 30 minutes) and follow instructions here:
http://shadowcash.info/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1376304

The bootstrap will take a couple/several hours depending on CPU speed. During this time "Activity Monitor" might show Shadow.app as "Not Responding". As long as your CPU% fluctuates in CPU Activity (as shown in /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor)  this can be safely ignored.  You will see the splash-screen for Shadow on your display with text reading "Importing Bootstrap" while this process lasts.
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
nodes?

curious. i never had to manually enter nodes. you could try deleting the peers.dat and restarting wallet.

Tried that. No Luck.

Code:

This must be a super super old wallet ... Please update to latest as protocol version < 60014 is no longer supported.
Activity: 588

That's the alt-coin scene in a nutshell. It is very easy to get distracted by coins which perform much better than the ones you are invested in. But chasing those quick profits is also a good way to get burned. 74k to 60k or even 50k should be insignificant when you realize that this coin is still trading way below it's value and that most of it's potential is going to be realized in a long term process. Also keep in mind that the price spikes of the last few weeks mostly come from increased awareness, rather than announcements or new features. The real features which will define the coin and the entire project (Encrypted Chat, Market, Exchange, Mobile app and Updated Core) have yet to be released. By that time 74k will be a laughable price. Dig a little deeper in this project and you'll understand how big this will become.

As for your syncing issues ; try bootstrapping the client and run it in thin mode:
http://shadowcash.info/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1376304
Activity: 219
I agree completely. The majority of crypto is a cesspool and not worth anything. That's why I only have 2 altcoins. And Sdc is one of them. If you're concerned, which you should be, join slack. Sdc is not crave.
legendary
Activity: 988

SDC seems to be the better out of the recent anon coins, but yes it's mainly rinse and repeat when it comes to volume. Bots create about 90% of it for these coins. After 3 months Crave and Tron will most likely will be under 10 btc volume before it eventually becomes a write off.

You have seen this story before with CINNI,Cloak,Stealth,Crypt etc etc.

These coins are the slot machines of the virtual currency world, they have absolutely no future in mainstream adoption but great to trade with. I am terrible with trading so I just stick to coins that will have a long term future like Guldencoin and Digibyte.
Activity: 219
The devs are working on POS v2 as we speak. And that will probably solve some of the issues you're having with the wallet. If you're trying to catch the exact bottom of a market then that's a whole other issue.

Sdc is one of the few projects worth holding on to. I would advise you to join our slack channel. You'll find lots of info there.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Is there somewhere a really simple explanation how does annonymization works for SDC? 
Why is this thread moderated? What are you guys afraid off? Like sure Trols, they are everywhere, but this is cenzorship...

Why do they have to be afraid of anything?

BCTT is a cesspool of trolls and fudders.  They should not be allowed to ruin a thread.  This is where moderation comes in.  Moderation is here to keep the thread on topic and not reward trolls/fuddsters.  What are you worried about?  Are you concerned that a legitimate concern/issue/problem would get censored by the mods/devs?

If a serious issue/concern/problem arose with SDC and the mods/devs censored it here, a whole new thread would be created.  Just look at all the BS threads that have been created for XMR, Dash/DRK, etc...  The mods would not be able to censor the release of this type of information.

What i am worried is that BTC and most of the altcoin section is full of scams and this is what i am afraid off...

Yes, there are a lot of scams out there.  You've got to be careful. 

How does moderation allow a scam to happen or not happening?  If someone has evidence that SDC is a scam and tries to post here but gets censored, they will likely create a new thread.  Moderation here will not keep information from being released if something happens or needs to be announced.  You can always use google and the forum search tool to look for these possible threads.
legendary
Activity: 1316
nodes?

Tried that. No Luck.

Code:

Activity: 617
Merit: 509
Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d
Is there somewhere a really simple explanation how does annonymization works for SDC? 
Why is this thread moderated? What are you guys afraid off? Like sure Trols, they are everywhere, but this is cenzorship...

Why do they have to be afraid of anything?

BCTT is a cesspool of trolls and fudders.  They should not be allowed to ruin a thread.  This is where moderation comes in.  Moderation is here to keep the thread on topic and not reward trolls/fuddsters.  What are you worried about?  Are you concerned that a legitimate concern/issue/problem would get censored by the mods/devs?

If a serious issue/concern/problem arose with SDC and the mods/devs censored it here, a whole new thread would be created.  Just look at all the BS threads that have been created for XMR, Dash/DRK, etc...  The mods would not be able to censor the release of this type of information.

What i am worried is that BTC and most of the altcoin section is full of scams and this is what i am afraid off...
Jump to: