Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 256. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Is there somewhere a really simple explanation how does annonymization works for SDC? 
Why is this thread moderated? What are you guys afraid off? Like sure Trols, they are everywhere, but this is cenzorship...

Why do they have to be afraid of anything?

BCTT is a cesspool of trolls and fudders.  They should not be allowed to ruin a thread.  This is where moderation comes in.  Moderation is here to keep the thread on topic and not reward trolls/fuddsters.  What are you worried about?  Are you concerned that a legitimate concern/issue/problem would get censored by the mods/devs?

If a serious issue/concern/problem arose with SDC and the mods/devs censored it here, a whole new thread would be created.  Just look at all the BS threads that have been created for XMR, Dash/DRK, etc...  The mods would not be able to censor the release of this type of information.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Is there somewhere a really simple explanation how does annonymization works for SDC?  
Why is this thread moderated? What are you guys afraid off? Like sure Trols, they are everywhere, but this is cenzorship...

Shadow Tokens are like SDC only private. They are 1:1

SDC is a public token traceable and linkable on the blockchain
SDT is a private token untraceable and unlinkable on the blockchain

Great explanations guys. There is also a slideshow at http://shadow.cash which explains the anon system in visual terms.

what does it mean when it says shadow? and spendable on the top right corner? why do i only have 5 sdc to spend?

With ShadowCash there are two units of account.  One is SDC (call them ShadowCoins), the other is SDT (Shadow AKA Shadow Tokens).  The SDC is transparent and tracked on blockchain the same as Bitcoin.  But the SDT uses ring signatures and dual key stealth addresses for anonymity.  There are 4 options for sending.  You can send SDC>SDC, SDC>Shadow, Shadow>Shadow, or Shadow>SDC.  For the latter three it requires a stealth addy.  To make a stealth address go to receive tab and click new address, and tick the stealth address box.

To send your Shadows(SDT) to SDC, go to send tab, and choose the Shadow>SDC option.  Enter your stealth address and press send.  You will then effectively change your Shadows back to SDC once the transaction is confirmed on the network.

Cryptonote uses a different curve, different libraries, and a whole different underlying core.
We used ring signatures to spend Shadow, which is created by sending SDC as an anonymous output.
Our scheme is quite a bit different, in that we borrow concepts from zerocoin, with the minting and spending, and use ring signatures to make the inputs untraceable from the outputs.. We're also using PoS instead of PoW.
Its a completely unique scheme and implementation Smiley

Even "unmoderated" threads are heavily moderated by BTC mods, so every thread on BCT is "censored" as you put it. This thread is moderated because of wandering trolls who spread execrable FUD. There is no conspiracy.

To begin understanding the anon tech DL the wallet and experiment with anon sends.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

Simple explanation on wiki here and here  Smiley

The thread is moderated because we have really, really big trolls who flood it, and we even had to use a bot to destroy their message automatically ... There is no censorship, as troll are not posting critics, but useless fud and this 4-5 times per day. Critics and debating is welcomed, if it's something serious.

Without moderation we wouldn't have the courage to post here. The work of the team isn't to answer to stupid trolls, but to develop the project and help community  Smiley
nodes?

Not having any luck syncing.

curious. i never had to manually enter nodes. you could try deleting the peers.dat and restarting wallet.
Activity: 617
Merit: 509
Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
nodes?

Not having any luck syncing.
Activity: 896

Hello, can someone please let me know, How many shadow coins in total are to be released I believe there are nearly 6.5 million in circulation at this time?

Thanks
Here you go buddy. Always up to date.

http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/chain/ShadowCash
Activity: 236

Hello, can someone please let me know, How many shadow coins in total are to be released I believe there are nearly 6.5 million in circulation at this time?

Thanks
Activity: 896
I am thinking this is two separate issues. One looks like the downloaded installer which is giving a permission denied and the other is the extracted stuff which shows that the file is hosed. Both seem like OS issues. Is this virtualized or a physical box?

These might help but probably not:
http://www.linux.org/threads/file-permissions-chmod.4094/

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/08/fsck-command-examples/
can anyone help? i got a new computer n used lxde instead of xfce...not sure if that matters...

I spy with my little eye somebody connecting to TOR.

BE ADVISED: TOR IS NOT SECURE!
http://thestack.com/chakravarty-tor-traffic-analysis-141114

n.b. some crypto-currencies route through TOR or promote its use in one way or another (SDC DOES NOT).  In my opinion this is a gimmick employed by irresponsible and/or ignorant devs.
Activity: 462
People come join us on Slack, We are growing fast !! Smiley

P.S. Our slack has grown from 100 to 145 extremely fast!!! Kepp it up shadow community. Also.. Lawgicc.. it is a saturday night so slack is pretty much empty! Can most likely sort out tomrrow!

Cheers!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
can anyone help? i got a new computer n used lxde instead of xfce...not sure if that matters...
-snip-

Come into slack for technical assistance

where is the link for slack?
-snip-

Come into slack for technical assistance
Activity: 420

#FightforPrivacy

Activity: 126
Moon
Once lost. Now found.
-snip-

Tried to clean it up a little bit  Wink

haha now we are talking dawg! nice work Roll Eyes
Once lost. Now found.
-snip-

Tried to clean it up a little bit  Wink

Activity: 390
Dont forget to stake...... You make money and help support the network at the same time.  Some community members are staking like bosses. This was posted in slack....someone with 16 pages of staking rewards already

(..)

If 16 pages equals "boss", I wonder what this makes me (and I'm in Shadow only since November):

(..)

Cheesy

Yeah, I was sure there are even heavier "stakers" :]

This makes me think about some kind of transaction filtering. I struggle every time I try to look up some transaction, lost in the sea of staking rewards.
Some filtering would be sweet. Let's say checkboxes with "received/sent/staking" etc. would be great. I'm aware you can filter the transactions in Setting, but doing that every time is kinda inconvenient.

EDIT: Just created new feature request on Shadowtalk, feel free to throw in your feedback.
Activity: 406
^^ Since it works independently from the blockchain, would it maybe be possible to release a Shadowchat client separately?  Some people might be interested in the chat but not the cash system.  Just a thought.

you can download the wallet and use shadowchat without any coins.

True, but having a more lightweight download might still be desirable for some, and would take minimal effort from the dev team to make it happen.  I think its worth looking into.

÷ 1   this is a great idea from a marketing standpoint As well. Think of all the ppl outside of the "cryptoverse "searching for an encrypted chat app. A free standalone shadowchat app would be marketing gold.

That would be amazing ! I would immediately download it !  Cool

or perhaps a dual-UI? a prefpane for "Chat Mode" and "Full Mode"? Chat Mode would obfuscate all the unnecessary UI elements and organise itself around the chat features instead. It might be easier to create two UI arrangements than two apps since they are intrinsically interwoven. The effect produced would be the same.

All I ask is an iOS shadowchat app Smiley

It might be easier to create two UI arrangements than two apps since they are intrinsically interwoven. The effect produced would be the same. Meketing might be a bit trickier but could be negotiated by describing the app thusly:

The Shadow App - encrypted & anonymous chat and ecash application for iOS and Android.

A splashscreen on first launch prompts for Chat Mode or Full Mode. Just a thought.

That would be amazing

+1000!
I think that's the direction it is going anyway... The reason why Shadowcash is no longer Shadowcash but the Shadow project...
Few months ago, some of us discussed this on IRC. We could totally imagine a full set of independent apps (from the wallet) there to simply warranty the encryption of datas while using basic internet fonctions.  A Shadow web browser, a shadow skype, a shadow social network, a shadow marketplace, a shadow app store and a shadow messaging system that would use shadow as a currency, but all independent from the wallet.

The good thing about having these apps out of the wallet, is that people would no longer download shadow as a cryptocoin with features, but start using the shadow ecosystem per se.  It would reach some people who are not interested in crypto coins in general, but would totally use apps that would ensure them security and data encryption because of being tired to giving their informations to Google, Facebook and other monster internet companies.

I'm pretty sure I could get many of my friends and acquaintances, not giving a shit about crypto in general in the Shadow boat, if I could make them download a messaging app able to ensure none of their data is going to PRISM.
DASH $ 2.93
LTC $ 1.40
XMR $ 0.68
CRAVE $ 0.48
SDC $ 0.15  Huh

$ 0.15/coin for the best anon in crypto today?

You make the rookie mistake of looking only at the absolute price and ignoring the available supply of coins. For example, there exist more than 10 times as many SDC coins as CRAVE coins, so of course a single CRAVE would be valued higher.

To get a better ranking, multiply the price with the available supply. This is in fact what's done over at http://coinmarketcap.com/, with the resulting "market cap" determining the ranking. A market cap of 1 million for SDC isn't too shabby and way ahead of CRAVE.

I couldn't be bothered to add market cap; DASH, XMR and SDC all have similar coin supply levels, LTC a lot more and CRAVE (which was only added to add insult to injury) has the lowest market cap.
Jump to: