Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 409. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2015, 11:26:57 AM
ha ha, the shadow block explorer will show unknown sent from unknown to unknown.

I am still working out the technicalities of this but rather than unknown it will show either the image (created during SDC to Shadow destruction) or the keys (ring sigs). Still work in progress and will have the team review it before we look at implementing it.

Either way it will not change the fact the Shadow TXs provide intractability and unlinkability.
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
January 07, 2015, 09:32:57 AM

ha ha, the shadow block explorer will show unknown sent from unknown to unknown.
Activity: 812
January 07, 2015, 07:59:21 AM

Thanks!
I thought that was the answer for #1, it'll be great to see them on the explorer & I guess I need to read more  Wink

I wouldn't expect to see much. The shadow>shdow tx's  will conceal sending addy, receiving addy and amounts. The shadow>sdc will all be created in newly created sdc addys (iirc) from unknown origin, and the shadow>sdc are equally mysterious in the block explorer. This is gonna be fun. Shadow is an empowering tool…
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
January 07, 2015, 07:03:10 AM
Couple questions:

1. Can I stake Shadows?
2. Can I track Shadow count on the block explorer or can I only use Chain Data tab in the wallet?
3. Why are the Shadows in the Chain Data only using 1, 3, 4 & 5 (ie: 100, 300, 400, 500, .01, .03, .04, .05, etc)?

Hi Litebit,

1a. No, you can't stake Shadows.
2a. Dasource is working on integrating it into the blockexplorer.
3a.

Thanks!
I thought that was the answer for #1, it'll be great to see them on the explorer & I guess I need to read more  Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
January 07, 2015, 12:26:36 AM
Couple questions:

1. Can I stake Shadows?
2. Can I track Shadow count on the block explorer or can I only use Chain Data tab in the wallet?
3. Why are the Shadows in the Chain Data only using 1, 3, 4 & 5 (ie: 100, 300, 400, 500, .01, .03, .04, .05, etc)?

Hi Litebit,

1a. No, you can't stake Shadows.
2a. Dasource is working on integrating it into the blockexplorer.
3a.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
January 06, 2015, 09:33:41 PM

UPDATE: At this time I count roughly 42,000 shadow on the Chain Data. Lets see how quickly we can get to 420,000 Shadow and then to 1,000,000 (we should have a celebration for this milestone Smiley )

Very nice! I didn't know about that feature.

Now when I get home to my wallet machine, I'm going to destroy some SDC in quantities that will fill in some of the gaps. A small corps of Shadowcasters can manage this and make sure there are always coins available for anonymous transactions.

Couple questions:

1. Can I stake Shadows?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
January 06, 2015, 09:10:57 PM
Hey guys, let's get some donations rolling to Isidor Zeuner for working on an in-depth audit of SDC's code.  He is an expert cryptographer and he will not only be reviewing ShadowSend v2, but also comparing it to solutions such as Cryptonote and Zero.  

This will be extremely beneficial for Shadow as no qualified third-party reviews have yet to be published.  This should clear up much confusion regarding our tech and its similarity (or lack thereof) to Cryptonote.  

SDC's team has decided that a modest 5 BTC donation by the Shadow community for Mr. Zeuner's time should be given, and so far 1 BTC has been donated.  5 BTC for a professional peer-review is a pretty sweet deal, so let's get this ball rolling and quickly meet our goal.

More info:
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-review-and-code-audit

Isidor Zeuner's BTC donation address: 1GGzBQXnouv2LvSvBLcT9vR8CZ3X1sQi6y

Donation list:

@battbot 1BTC
@systh 0.3BTC

Looks like were about half-way there guys.  Need about 2.51 BTC to reach our goal of 5 BTC:

https://www.biteasy.com/blockchain/addresses/1GGzBQXnouv2LvSvBLcT9vR8CZ3X1sQi6y

A big thanks to all who have contributed thus far!

Activity: 503
January 06, 2015, 09:10:09 PM
ENTER THE SHADOW

Converting sdc to shadow is never a prob. going the other way can be a little fiddly at the moment (no big deal) but that will change when peeps start converting more of their holdings into Shadow

Send a few sdc>shadow txs of diff size to mix it up some. Check the Chain Data section of ur wallet to see what you've created! keep them as shadow as long as you can and convert different amounts back to sdc gradually if need be..

Someone mentioned sending 1111.11111111, thats a cool idea. be creative.

these shadowy tokens are the shizzle.

We must destroy sdc to create Shadow.
We must restore balance to the Force. At the moment there is too much light.
We need the power of the dark side to grow (50/50 shadow/sdc)
live long anon \o/

It's as if Ryno + Technovert just gave us a new car, say it's a Ferrari. Now we gotta learn how to drive it. We're still parked.
(hehe)

UPDATE: At this time I count roughly 42,000 shadow on the Chain Data. Lets see how quickly we can get to 420,000 Shadow and then to 1,000,000 (we should have a celebration for this milestone Smiley )

Very nice! I didn't know about that feature.

Now when I get home to my wallet machine, I'm going to destroy some SDC in quantities that will fill in some of the gaps. A small corps of Shadowcasters can manage this and make sure there are always coins available for anonymous transactions.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
January 06, 2015, 08:20:13 PM

People still use Darkcoin? 

Activity: 714
RISE Project Manager
January 06, 2015, 08:05:54 PM
SDC will be the next darkcoin very soon im sure of it anyone agree with me ?

I genuinely think it will.

The anon tech is far better than DRK right now and it works 100% of the time right now.

The market will catch up to SDC sooner or later.
Activity: 700
January 06, 2015, 08:05:04 PM
lolikop why u everywhere mang
Activity: 644
January 06, 2015, 08:01:05 PM
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 06, 2015, 07:00:12 PM
Cryptsy wallet still not fixed.  I feel bad for anybody with SDC stuck in there.  Even if they fix it, I am scared to deposit any there, it might get locked up for months.
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
January 06, 2015, 06:51:09 PM
it is obvious one or two big investors has gone

we can see it from the price...the only point i am not sure is who are gone???

I don't know if you ignore me or what, but now you have the perfect opportunity to do something about the price (which irritates you so much) – donate to Mr. Zeuner ↓↓, stash up more super cheap SDC and wait for the magic.

Hey guys, let's get some donations rolling to Isidor Zeuner for working on an in-depth audit of SDC's code.  He is an expert cryptographer and he will not only be reviewing ShadowSend v2, but also comparing it to solutions such as Cryptonote and Zero. 

This will be extremely beneficial for Shadow as no qualified third-party reviews have yet to be published.  This should clear up much confusion regarding our tech and its similarity (or lack thereof) to Cryptonote. 

SDC's team has decided that a modest 5 BTC donation by the Shadow community for Mr. Zeuner's time should be given, and so far 1 BTC has been donated.  5 BTC for a professional peer-review is a pretty sweet deal, so let's get this ball rolling and quickly meet our goal.

More info:

As pledged:

Currency   Send to Address   Amount   Conf   Request Date
BitCoin   1GGzBQXnouv2LvSvBLcT9vR8CZ3X1sQi6y   0.06056117 BTC   Yes   2015-01-06 17:47:35

0.06056117 BTC gone to Isidor
Activity: 812
January 06, 2015, 05:32:06 PM
ENTER THE SHADOW

Converting sdc to shadow is never a prob. going the other way can be a little fiddly at the moment (no big deal) but that will change when peeps start converting more of their holdings into Shadow

Send a few sdc>shadow txs of diff size to mix it up some. Check the Chain Data section of ur wallet to see what you've created! keep them as shadow as long as you can and convert different amounts back to sdc gradually if need be..

Someone mentioned sending 1111.11111111, thats a cool idea. be creative.

these shadowy tokens are the shizzle.

We must destroy sdc to create Shadow.
We must restore balance to the Force. At the moment there is too much light.
We need the power of the dark side to grow (50/50 shadow/sdc)
live long anon \o/

It's as if Ryno + Technovert just gave us a new car, say it's a Ferrari. Now we gotta learn how to drive it. We're still parked.
(hehe)

legendary
Activity: 1008
January 06, 2015, 03:57:40 PM
This is much better support Smiley
Activity: 606
January 06, 2015, 01:57:14 PM
wow left for a vacay and came back to these prices Shocked... o well guess ill have to gather some more Kiss

Donate bro
Activity: 462
January 06, 2015, 01:50:37 PM
wow left for a vacay and came back to these prices Shocked... o well guess ill have to gather some more Kiss
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
January 06, 2015, 12:46:44 PM
it is obvious one or two big investors has gone

we can see it from the price...the only point i am not sure is who are gone???

I don't know if you ignore me or what, but now you have the perfect opportunity to do something about the price (which irritates you so much) – donate to Mr. Zeuner ↓↓, stash up more super cheap SDC and wait for the magic.

Hey guys, let's get some donations rolling to Isidor Zeuner for working on an in-depth audit of SDC's code.  He is an expert cryptographer and he will not only be reviewing ShadowSend v2, but also comparing it to solutions such as Cryptonote and Zero. 

This will be extremely beneficial for Shadow as no qualified third-party reviews have yet to be published.  This should clear up much confusion regarding our tech and its similarity (or lack thereof) to Cryptonote. 

SDC's team has decided that a modest 5 BTC donation by the Shadow community for Mr. Zeuner's time should be given, and so far 1 BTC has been donated.  5 BTC for a professional peer-review is a pretty sweet deal, so let's get this ball rolling and quickly meet our goal.

More info:

I am on business trip for a meeting in russia

Weekend i come back, then i donate for sure

Why to ignore u, i dont see a reason
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
January 06, 2015, 12:28:19 PM
Thank you wheat for the 0.5 BTC contribution!

I agree with you, I will put my PR plans on hold until we've managed to collect 5BTC for Mr. Zeuner. After that I would REALLY like to have someone from the SDC team open up a donation address so I can get to work.

Cool, let's get that setup today. Thanks for the proactive attitude my man. Nice way to start the 1st working week.
Jump to: