Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 412. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
January 04, 2015, 08:05:43 PM
Hey, so a lot of people have expressed interest in having the code formally reviewed and contributing in order to make this happen. TrollsRoyce has arranged a review and made a post on ShadowTalk with the details and a donation address for the reviewer:

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-review-and-code-audit

As regards PR, it's really nice to see so many people willing to donate/contribute. We've got a few details to iron out, so we'll get back to you in the next day or two at which point we'll get some kind of formal structure in place to allow people to donate and vote etc. as to how best to put the funds to use. We've been planning a giveaway on /r/darknetmarkets (reddit) for some time, so that's probably going to happen in the next week or so. If you'd like to donate towards it here's the address: SSjELKHZPHupNSYTkJ1akSpUgjWtx9fpkC. The idea is that it'll incorporate in-wallet messaging in some way so as to avoid the usual abuse that giveaways/faucets get (and get people installing and trying out the wallet). I'll post more details on ShadowTalk in the next few days.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 04, 2015, 07:44:52 PM
I was watching and there always seems to be minimum of 2 transactions per block: http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/chain/ShadowCash

This must have something to do with how the POS works.  Any good place to read how it all works?  Is there any benefit to having a lot of coins in one address for staking, compared to having smaller amounts in numerous addresses?

Also what if we had a bot that makes a lot of transactions to itself all the time on the network.  Would this help create more traffic to allow users to blend in better and remain more private?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
January 04, 2015, 06:33:29 PM
I still think everyone should coordinate a dump so that skip60 dumps his holdings.

You smoke too much wheat my friend

If you organize really a big dump, i can buy more and double my coins maybe

Will be waiting for it

By the way, sebsebastian can be a good make to organize the PR thing and we can donate him some also

"Meatless smoked meat" hahaha who buys this shit?
Activity: 326
January 04, 2015, 06:19:20 PM
I still think everyone should coordinate a dump so that skip60 dumps his holdings.

Will be waiting for it

By the way, sebsebastian can be a good make to organize the PR thing and we can donate him some also

Activity: 630
Merit: 253
January 04, 2015, 06:07:12 PM

Will be waiting for it

By the way, sebsebastian can be a good candidate to organize the PR thing and we can donate him some also
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
January 04, 2015, 05:55:13 PM
Activity: 448
January 04, 2015, 05:52:34 PM
Not entirely. If I send coins to you, I have no control of how careless you might be with the coins I just sent you. If you transact with them in a careless manner, that creates clues that may point back to me. It also contradicts the notion of "ease of use" if the onus is on the user to "be careful" all the time, or leave a trail.

I think it would not matter as long as you properly wash the coins before hand.  Take care of the anonymity before you send those coins, and I don't see how the careless recipient could compromise you.

Also although we may think that the Shadow scheme is pretty secure for Shadow>Shadow transfers right now, but we don't know what kind of vulnerabilities could be there in the future.  As computers get more powerful and crypto/math and decryption techniques improve, those Shadow transactions could be vulnerable.  There is always going to be an unknown factor.  So I think by being able to switch back and forth between SDC and Shadow, it could possibly create a further layer of obfuscation.  This makes me think its more private and anonymous if I switch from SDC to Shadow, back to SDC several times before sending any coins to recipients (as long as proper amount/timing precautions are made).  This seems like it has a probability to be more secure than sending just Shadow alone.

P.S.  It seems the ShadowCash block explorer is down.
January 04, 2015, 05:46:41 PM
Hey all, I've handed over the sdcoin account to pr.
We are all resting a bit after 6 months of constant work on shadow..
If you guys want something, then get involved.. Your money can't work for you unless you make it work for you... Sitting around waiting won't help

If you read back ryno, we have an idea of bounty for a certain PR plan
And we asked the idea of soepkip or other coreteam members
We dont want to do it alone, it wont be right
Lets vote or what soever, but lets finalize it

Noone answers

Indeed. But ryno's message is clear. He gives us total liberty with PR. So: Child_harold, can you create the contribution topic on shadowtalk and add a BTC addy and a SDC addy pls ?

I think you are trustwortgy enough to be the treasurer of the campaign!

Please note that I have already set up a topic on Shadowtalk. Could we make sure we focus all effort and updates regarding our PR plans in that topic? This way newcomers won't get lost trying to find the right place to contribute.

see: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/318/sdc-promotion-topic

@rynomster, I understand that you are taking some time off right now. Your team has done a great job and created some beautiful tech so far. Now, please let us show you how grateful we are by helping you create more awareness for Shadow. Shadow is already growing bigger every day, just imagine what would happen if you allow the strong Shadow community help you spread the word. Over the next month we will try to set up some solid PR projects. It would be great if you (or any other trustworthy SDC team member) could set up and manage a donation address. Also, it would be great if we could get in touch with someone from the SDC team that worries about PR/marketing. I thought this was Soepkip but he hasn't really been around lately. This way we can make sure we are all on the same page and avoid any miscommunication.

Thanks in advance.

Please allow the sdcoin account 24-48hrs to settle matters. Thanks.
Being discussed in IRC as I type Smiley

Thanks!
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2015, 05:43:38 PM
Woohoo go mad with pr guys, send me the addy 2 Smiley Smiley we need to blow this thing out of the water. We need to attract some devs for some really brilliant, original ideas, because the projects are only getting bigger and better Cheesy

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

January 04, 2015, 05:41:10 PM
If you guys want something, then get involved.. Your money can't work for you unless you make it work for you... Sitting around waiting won't help

Noone answers

Indeed. But ryno's message is clear. He gives us total liberty with PR. So: Child_harold, can you create the contribution topic on shadowtalk and add a BTC addy and a SDC addy pls ?

Please note that I have already set up a topic on Shadowtalk. Could we make sure we focus all effort and updates regarding our PR plans in that topic? This way newcomers won't get lost trying to find the right place to contribute.

@rynomster, I understand that you are taking some time off right now. Your team has done a great job and created some beautiful tech so far. Now, please let us show you how grateful we are by helping you create more awareness for Shadow. Shadow is already growing bigger every day, just imagine what would happen if you allow the strong Shadow community help you spread the word. Over the next month we will try to set up some solid PR projects. It would be great if you (or any other trustworthy SDC team member) could set up and manage a donation address. Also, it would be great if we could get in touch with someone from the SDC team that worries about PR/marketing. I thought this was Soepkip but he hasn't really been around lately. This way we can make sure we are all on the same page and avoid any miscommunication.

Thanks in advance.

Please allow the sdcoin account 24-48hrs to settle matters. Thanks.
Being discussed in IRC as I type Smiley
January 04, 2015, 05:36:32 PM

Noone answers

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
January 04, 2015, 05:31:25 PM
Soepkip seems a good person but to be honest.. Community Manager? He hasnt talked with the comunity in weeks, and before that only a tweet once a year lol.

Not saying anything bad about him he probably has his reasons and im sure he is busy but it doesnt feel like it fits the job currently.

Hopefully he can make a donation adress for the PR. Seems like the right person, or atleast some team member

Activity: 164
January 04, 2015, 05:28:44 PM
Woohoo go mad with pr guys, send me the addy 2 Smiley Smiley we need to blow this thing out of the water. We need to attract some devs for some really brilliant, original ideas, because the projects are only getting bigger and better Cheesy
January 04, 2015, 05:28:15 PM

OK. Slow down just a tad.

First off thanks for the vote of confidence most flattering Smiley

However I feel this matter should be handled by a Team Member. It is currently being discussed in IRC and most probably either Soepkip or SebSebastian will do this.

I suggest we wait 24-48hrs for one of these chaps to sort matters out. Ryno said the sdcoin account would handle this matter and either of the two guys mentioned are completely trusted with the keys to the account, assuming they don't control the account already

Thanks Ryno for coming in to settle matters.
Waiting on a post from sdcoin in 24-48hrs

In the meantime keep brainstorming. Good times ahead. Live long anon \o/

January 04, 2015, 04:58:27 PM

Noone answers
January 04, 2015, 04:54:14 PM

Perfect timing.
Activity: 164
January 04, 2015, 04:49:47 PM
January 04, 2015, 04:32:03 PM
Did soepkip leave?

Isnt sdcoin and ryno same people?

Can we get an answer from coreteam about PR bounty idea

What is going on guys, why are u silent

It's the first Sunday after New Years Day. What say we wait till tomorrow before asking about Team Members' whereabouts? Just sayin'

Lets wait, but there wont be any change

There is something wrong, of course we will be the last to hear
January 04, 2015, 04:19:10 PM
Did soepkip leave?

It's the first Sunday after New Years Day. What say we wait till tomorrow before asking about Team Members' whereabouts? Just sayin'
January 04, 2015, 04:15:27 PM
Did soepkip leave?

Jump to: