Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 449. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 442
Merit: 250
December 19, 2014, 04:19:25 AM
So, the great news are out, LongandShort had gone silent, and the price dropped...
That's it or there is something I'm missing ?
Child Harold...do your thing...post some nice pictures  Grin
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
December 18, 2014, 11:21:05 PM

ShadowChat:   SWr23tNRYMvmmCdv7ZiNooeqZVyQjvywjQ
Public Key:   s8UgsT1qPwSET5P1YwxEKypcQVrUPjT1ky1WYUVJ3meY

Back to reality... is there any way to make the ShadowChat work without entering the public key, just the address? An example of what I mean is the NeosCoin wallet chat, that's a really smooth PGP chat. Getting/copying/pasting the public key is onerous.

Better yet what about assigning nicknames to addresses like STR? then you just have to remember a nickname like irc chat
+1 Alias or nickname is good idea

Nickname assigning good in order to get sorted.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
December 18, 2014, 11:19:15 PM

Back to reality... is there any way to make the ShadowChat work without entering the public key, just the address? An example of what I mean is the NeosCoin wallet chat, that's a really smooth PGP chat. Getting/copying/pasting the public key is onerous.

Better yet what about assigning nicknames to addresses like STR? then you just have to remember a nickname like irc chat
+1 Alias or nickname is good idea
Activity: 476
December 18, 2014, 08:35:05 PM

I like that idea.

That being said you shouldn't have to enter the public key,  as long as you've done some sort of TX on the address your using to chat from.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
December 18, 2014, 08:00:42 PM

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
December 18, 2014, 07:51:53 PM
Linux 'anon' branch build "version" : "v0.9.1.0-47-gd14445e" forks on block 249948 with the block hash of 4d36874650143a4f2126dee96491f4f7d2a300ff404be0b542623937dfa1a6d2

The client has forked on this exact block/chain multiple times now. Needs to be addressed.

I've been having the same problem with the Windows wallet on an old install. No problem on another machine with a new install.
Activity: 503
December 18, 2014, 07:50:34 PM

Activity: 658
The Buck Stops Here.
December 18, 2014, 07:47:09 PM
Linux 'anon' branch build "version" : "v0.9.1.0-47-gd14445e" forks on block 249948 with the block hash of 4d36874650143a4f2126dee96491f4f7d2a300ff404be0b542623937dfa1a6d2

The client has forked on this exact block/chain multiple times now. Needs to be addressed.

Activity: 476
December 18, 2014, 07:31:36 PM
The maturity level of this community is quite low. At least fluffypony is a respected developer in the alt coin world. Have some respect guys !

I do agree. Unfortunately this forum is a place for people to hide behind masks. Vetting is good for projects, helpful and makes them better. Venting is not good for projects, does no good and pushes away potential ideas and different ways to think about solutions.

Critique on ideas is good and this is one place to vet them. Instead of being so outspoken when someone says "what about this" why not say nothing and learn from what's being discussed. Contribute if it helps, otherwise don't. I'm sure some folks intent is to defend the product. That shouldn't be anyone's mindset with innovative ideas. It's ok to say "but, wait, what about?"

In the real world, innovation doesn't happen in a vacuum. Ideas need to be shared BY ANYONE and should be critiqued BY EVERYONE. Some work some don't. But don't try to figure out "tone" and imply what someone is saying different about an idea just by reading words from an un-faced person in a forum. What good does that do?

Not everyone is going to agree 100%. THAT IS OK! Can we get some thicker skin here and not take every "what if" personally?

Well stated. This is the vetting process, it happens on all projects.
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
December 18, 2014, 06:57:59 PM
The maturity level of this community is quite low. At least fluffypony is a respected developer in the alt coin world. Have some respect guys !

Please don't make lazy generalizations like that. The few people making childish comments aren't representative of the larger community.

+1

+ 1. Could have engaged with a load of silly comments. Waste of time and disrespectful & childish.Block 257nnnn will reveal all soon enough. Fluffys questions seem fair enough IMO and I have all confidence he will get to the answer soon ^^^^^^^

As to the above:the more mature can't be bothered going back to high school and engaging. Hence the silly people are the ones highly visible.....
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
December 18, 2014, 06:27:43 PM

I do agree. Unfortunately this forum is a place for people to hide behind masks. Vetting is good for projects, helpful and makes them better. Venting is not good for projects, does no good and pushes away potential ideas and different ways to think about solutions.

Critique on ideas is good and this is one place to vet them. Instead of being so outspoken when someone says "what about this" why not say nothing and learn from what's being discussed. Contribute if it helps, otherwise don't. I'm sure some folks intent is to defend the product. That shouldn't be anyone's mindset with innovative ideas. It's ok to say "but, wait, what about?"

In the real world, innovation doesn't happen in a vacuum. Ideas need to be shared BY ANYONE and should be critiqued BY EVERYONE. Some work some don't. But don't try to figure out "tone" and imply what someone is saying different about an idea just by reading words from an un-faced person in a forum. What good does that do?

Not everyone is going to agree 100%. THAT IS OK! Can we get some thicker skin here and not take every "what if" personally?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 18, 2014, 06:16:32 PM
I have in exclusivity some images of the Ryno's response to Fluffy. Enjoy Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tizwLJI-Nho

It's pronounced Ray-no, not Rye-no, but good effort.

OK

I have been patient.

@fluffypony: would you kindly pls wait for a response to your comments from our dev and stop rubbing members of this community up the wrong way? I think you made ur point. Now await the reply.

@CryptoPiero: this community is maturing nicely thx very much
Activity: 286
December 18, 2014, 06:15:08 PM

Please don't make lazy generalizations like that. The few people making childish comments aren't representative of the larger community.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 18, 2014, 06:12:19 PM
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
December 18, 2014, 06:03:59 PM
I have in exclusivity some images of the Ryno's response to Fluffy. Enjoy Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tizwLJI-Nho

It's pronounced Ray-no, not Rye-no, but good effort.
Activity: 299
December 18, 2014, 05:48:15 PM
It's moments like this that really make me hate decentralized "communities".
Activity: 350
December 18, 2014, 05:35:41 PM
That is literally you. I am just defending a good dev and pointing out your cheap stab at trying to grab some of the SDC market. Sorry skip and seb, I am done. My point is that SDC is legit, if you have concerns or questions, IRC is quite active and a more efficient way.

Hush, my friend. Your time on this topic has ended, continuously trying to have the last word is demeaning to you and you alone.

And my topic on this thread really has come to an end. It's been a fun chat, but clearly there is a distinct lack of people in this thread that know how to braai.

If Ryno ever wants to have a conversation devoid of poesklaps he can look me up.

Technical debate is always welcome here bru. This thread belongs to anyone with legitimate inquires, despite the reactionary responses from some of the people here. People are so accustomed to the FUDpacking and trolling on Bitcointalk that sometimes genuine questions get filed into the same category. I'm sure the tension between everyone here is an honest misunderstanding.

Ryno is AFK atm, but will be back later with a response for you.

Activity: 286
December 18, 2014, 05:23:04 PM

Let's make this the end of that particular discussion please, it's starting to get a bit unpleasant.

maybe, it is time for someone to moderate the topic and delete kiddish posts  Wink

Let's move on.  Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
December 18, 2014, 05:21:56 PM

Let's make this the end of that particular discussion please, it's starting to get a bit unpleasant.

maybe, it is time for someone to moderate the topic and delete kiddish posts  Wink
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
December 18, 2014, 05:19:56 PM
That is literally you. I am just defending a good dev and pointing out your cheap stab at trying to grab some of the SDC market. Sorry skip and seb, I am done. My point is that SDC is legit, if you have concerns or questions, IRC is quite active and a more efficient way.

Hush, my friend. Your time on this topic has ended, continuously trying to have the last word is demeaning to you and you alone.

And my topic on this thread really has come to an end. It's been a fun chat, but clearly there is a distinct lack of people in this thread that know how to braai.

If Ryno ever wants to have a conversation devoid of poesklaps he can look me up.
Jump to: