Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 446. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
December 20, 2014, 09:44:05 PM
When a chinese exchange will add this coin?
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
December 20, 2014, 09:27:01 PM
If a Bounty is ever required to catalyse the code/security audits I will donate without hesitation.

Ryno is a beast of a coder!
&
Techovert a complete enigma…

Bring it on!

Thank you child_harold, I don't think the importance of this kind of offer can be overemphasized when it comes to a project like this. As most of you know, there was no ShadowCash premine, and there are no ICO funds to draw upon, so if the community feels being reviewed by a well-known cryptographer is important it's something that we will have to collectively fund. This would at least ensure some degree of objectivity - one that we're unlikely to get from the developer of another privacy-centric coin (or the developer of a clone of another privacy-centric coin).  

So if you feel a code review is something you'd like to see (and something you'd be willing to donate towards), please let us know so that we can make efforts towards organizing it.  

Similarly the decentralised marketplace is a very exciting idea, but one that will take a lot longer to see the light of day without community contributions, so take a look at the thread with the designs and if you feel it's something that you'd like to see implemented consider donating to our fantastically talented designer crz (who already has contributed far more to the project than our donations are likely to truly do justice to).

This isn't the team's project, or the developers' project... ultimately this is a community project. So if you feel Shadow has been under-represented in the media, consider trying to organize email campaigns by posting about it on ShadowTalk, because these news sites and exchanges really only respond to numbers. And if you feel that the project is lacking in some department and that you'd be able to help hop on irc (freenode #shadowcash) and get involved! The dynamic of the project is going to have to change a bit from this point onwards if it's going to succeed in the long term, but with people like you in the community child_harold I'm pretty fucking confident that we're gonna do just fine.

And merry xmas everyone (including you longandshort whom we all love and miss on irc Tongue)
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 20, 2014, 06:27:00 PM
If a Bounty is ever required to catalyse the code/security audits I will donate without hesitation.

Ryno is a beast of a coder!
&
Techovert a complete enigma…

Bring it on!
Activity: 350
December 20, 2014, 05:31:05 PM
Why not go talk to the bitcoin core devs about the whitepaper and get their opinnion like you done for stealthcoin...

I want SDC to succeed, but just get some positive comments from credible people if you want this coin to really take off. until then it just feels like one of the most insidious pump and dumps of all times, with the vast majority of coins held between probably no more than 5 people.

Hi LRENZ,

SDC creates innovation anyone can see this project is here for the long haul. Our dual key stealth address implementation (shadowsend v1) is being used by countless projects and has yet to be reviewed by any fancy pants cryptographers. Hopefully our new contribution will bring some attention to the efforts being made here.

Coin distribution is something that happens over time, there's plenty of SDC for sale for anyone that want to redistribute.

That being said, the WP was shown to the bitcoin devs, but no response was given. Our community has reached out to veterans within the crypto community and are awaiting their responses. I would assume those responses will come after we break through block 257,000. Also, keep in mind that we're still waiting for responses regarding our Stealth Address implementation.. Cheesy

Fluffy was kind enough to take the time to review it and we're waiting on Ryno's responses to those inquires.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
December 20, 2014, 04:29:56 PM
Why not go talk to the bitcoin core devs about the whitepaper and get their opinnion like you done for stealthcoin...

I want SDC to succeed, but just get some positive comments from credible people if you want this coin to really take off. until then it just feels like one of the most insidious pump and dumps of all times, with the vast majority of coins held between probably no more than 5 people.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
December 20, 2014, 04:21:44 PM
Had to buy some sdc, I did not want to miss the train.

I'm thinking that sdc could be good for mixing LARGE amounts, which is normally quite difficult.
In sdc, there will be ready available many large blocks to mix with, so it will be instant.
I do not understand monero much, so I do not know if this could be advantage or not.

you have not missed the train yet. And monero is not a competitor for us, they know it very well. It's like monero's cryptonote dinosaur VS perfect and high-tech Shadow's spacecraft. 2015 year will show the winner, but I already know who will be this one.

SDC is already a winner in 2014, with the tech!

Rynomster is the leader of Proof of Honor 2014. The most because of first in crypto ZK-implementation and a lot of new technologies in his Shadow project. People know that SDC-team is the top-notch.
http://www.coinssource.com/vote/
Activity: 527
December 20, 2014, 04:02:04 PM

I'm thinking that sdc could be good for mixing LARGE amounts, which is normally quite difficult.
In sdc, there will be ready available many large blocks to mix with, so it will be instant.
I do not understand monero much, so I do not know if this could be advantage or not.

you have not missed the train yet. And monero is not a competitor for us, they know it very well. It's like monero's cryptonote dinosaur VS perfect and high-tech Shadow's spacecraft. 2015 year will show the winner, but I already know who will be this one.

SDC is already a winner in 2014, with the tech!
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
December 20, 2014, 03:27:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 1008
December 20, 2014, 02:57:15 PM
That feeling when you go take a nap, then wake up and there is left only 2k blocks to the shadowsend v2
 Cool

It's a great feeling. I hope the word spreads Smiley

How was end up that day in Vegas? You never talked about that, did you put like I told you?  Grin

Hahaha, oh wow it was quite a day. I did yes Smiley I went up $400 but eventually I got greedy and lost it all + another $600 LOL.

Went to see Criss Angel and David Copperfield later that day so it turned out okay.

Finished the night at Club Light.

There was a huge line and I got mad. I told 2 decent looking girls to take my hand and follow me if they want to get in faster.

Clubs will never refuse a guy coming to the start of the line with 2 girls so my plan worked out perfectly Wink

Great that you spent only $$,  most important is that the SDC is intact Smiley
I had no doubt that you entered in the Shadow style with 2 girls!
 Cheesy

Haha you better believe it Wink

I have a really awesome girlfriend so i made sure to keep it under control Smiley Even when youre in vegas you need to have a head on your shoulders
December 20, 2014, 02:43:48 PM
That feeling when you go take a nap, then wake up and there is left only 2k blocks to the shadowsend v2
 Cool

How was end up that day in Vegas? You never talked about that, did you put like I told you?  Grin

Hahaha, oh wow it was quite a day. I did yes Smiley I went up $400 but eventually I got greedy and lost it all + another $600 LOL.

Went to see Criss Angel and David Copperfield later that day so it turned out okay.

There was a huge line and I got mad. I told 2 decent looking girls to take my hand and follow me if they want to get in faster.

Clubs will never refuse a guy coming to the start of the line with 2 girls so my plan worked out perfectly Wink

Great that you spent only $$,  most important is that the SDC is intact Smiley
I had no doubt that you entered in the Shadow style with 2 girls!
 Cheesy
legendary
December 20, 2014, 02:34:29 PM
 Cool

How was end up that day in Vegas? You never talked about that, did you put like I told you?  Grin

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 20, 2014, 02:34:15 PM

December 20, 2014, 02:30:33 PM
 Cool

legendary
December 20, 2014, 02:11:34 PM
 Cool

December 20, 2014, 02:06:08 PM
 Cool

Activity: 630
Merit: 253
December 20, 2014, 11:13:13 AM
Why concerns about dump. People must trade, it is difficult to trade if the price stands.
This way you can catch a few extra coins, or fall into the trap usually.
This is definitely an opportunity for those who have not yet bought, or think they do not have enough.

Shadow time is coming  Wink

It helps with better coin distribution too. Right now ~90% of coins are held by 61 addresses (http://shadowtalk.org/topic/288/rich-list-12-04-2014)

Better adoption will require these early backers to shed a lot of these coins into the hands of everyday users

Don't sweat the price it's Christmas time! Good fortune to those who wait.

10 out of those 61 adress are exchanges

3 adresses out of richest 10 is bittrex

actually, there is better distribution than it looks

of course the more coin is distributed, better it is for stable price
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
December 20, 2014, 11:00:32 AM
Why concerns about dump. People must trade, it is difficult to trade if the price stands.
This is definitely an opportunity for those who have not yet bought, or think they do not have enough.

Shadow time is coming  Wink

It helps with better coin distribution too. Right now ~90% of coins are held by 61 addresses (http://shadowtalk.org/topic/288/rich-list-12-04-2014)

Better adoption will require these early backers to shed a lot of these coins into the hands of everyday users

Don't sweat the price it's Christmas time! Good fortune to those who wait.
Activity: 658
The Buck Stops Here.
December 20, 2014, 10:59:03 AM

SDCDev created a new build that fixes the syncing issue users have reported. Please update to the latest build to reduce any future sync issues. The main ANN on sdtalk has been updated with the correct links as well as the link to the bootstrap file.

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/296/shadowcash-zero-knowledge-anonymous-distributed-e-cash-via-traceable-ring-signatures/3

Thanks!

Anon branch for QT doesn't compile. This is done after checking out the anon branch and doing git pull. Errors below:

Quote from: g++
src/qt/qtipcserver.cpp: In function ‘void ipcThread2(void*)’:
src/qt/qtipcserver.cpp:110:13: error: ‘fShutdown’ was not declared in this scope
         if (fShutdown)
             ^
make: *** [build/qtipcserver.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from src/bitcoinrpc.h:17:0,
                 from src/noui.cpp:7:
src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h: In function ‘String_type json_spirit::non_printable_to_string(unsigned int)’:
src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h:31:50: warning: typedef ‘Char_type’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
         typedef typename String_type::value_type Char_type;

Compiling shadowcoind (the daemon) returns "v1.3.0.5-3-g6c60784" instead of the expected 1.3.0.6.

So at the moment, some of us are unable to use the wallet at all whether it be the daemon or QT.

Activity: 406
December 20, 2014, 08:18:17 AM
The development is finished? The wait is over? Feature released?

Ok.

No more news, no more hype, no more waiting = price dump. Easy.

Rofl Cheesy
You are wrong so much that you can't  even imagine

Of course news are coming after that! You cannot seriously believe the project is stopping development after ZK. Roll Eyes
December 20, 2014, 08:02:25 AM

Shadow time is coming  Wink

Jump to: