Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 473. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
December 04, 2014, 09:17:01 PM
With the small number of coins available and potential for trillions in market cap due to its technical advantages, I wouldn't want to sell a SDC for less than several BTC.

On the other hand, distribution is going to have to be much better for it to ever realize that potential. Somebody is going to have to bite the bullet. That leads to some interesting economic questions- let's say you hold all or nearly all of a coin- it's worthless if you are the only one using it, and worthless to you if you don't own any, so how would you distribute it to maximize your own wealth?

I don't know that this has ever been addressed.

I agree on both points. Massive upside, but lack of even distribution could be an Achilles heel. Granted, this project has had no publicity, has flown under the radar while out preforming other dev teams & could have had many of it's most avid supporters gobbling up coins at nearly an identical price for months. This could be cause of the lopsidedness of address holdings. There is nothing wrong with showing support for a project you believe in. This coin also hasn't had a big pump & dump in the early days of coming on an exchange as most other coins have.

Hard to say.

Some data on distribution is recorded here:
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/270/rich-list-11-21-2014
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/288/rich-list-12-04-2014
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2014, 09:06:35 PM
With the small number of coins available and potential for trillions in market cap due to its technical advantages, I wouldn't want to sell a SDC for less than several BTC.

On the other hand, distribution is going to have to be much better for it to ever realize that potential. Somebody is going to have to bite the bullet. That leads to some interesting economic questions- let's say you hold all or nearly all of a coin- it's worthless if you are the only one using it, and worthless to you if you don't own any, so how would you distribute it to maximize your own wealth?

That is an interesting question and dilemma. Because one of the easiest ways to make a coin go up is to have alot of th currency. That's one reason why not market cap is so high. I think like 7 people got the entire  ipo of nxt when it launched. There is an article on it somewhere that breaks it down.

Yes thats actually an excellent question but i do not think Shadow is at this stage of problematics yet. The price is far too cheap and the number of coins distributed is vast enough for a good equilibrium.

Although I do agree with your points, I think due to the lack of trust in the Altcoin Industry the volume has a big effect on the distribution of this coin.

Therefore someone with 30 btc of Shadow can manipulate the market right now. With 6,448,445 at 7c right now, were looking at roughly $451,391 dollars. So for someone with 30 btc = $10,000 to manipulate the market... even at 100btc which he only seen this kind of volume 3 times on bittrex seems like the ones holding the majority of the coins are actually bitting the bullet by not manipulating the market as they wish.

If the underdogs can distribute the coins to maximize their earnings and double up on forced corrections, its because they are buying from weak hands and not from those who actually own the majority of the coins.

But what does this actually tell us? I think its the lack of volume and trust people have in the altcoin industry. Thus Shadow will change this I'm sure of it and with more volume and rise in price we will see a real distribution.

Speculating at this point is rather inaccurate nor predictable. What is predictable is the technology ShadowCoin brings to the table.

Will its technology enhance the growth of our investment because we have strong hands holding majority of the coin?

Or will the strong hands have to invest even more so that weak hands don't ruin the growth of this technology?

We will have to find out.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 04, 2014, 07:56:48 PM

That is an interesting question and dilemma. Because one of the easiest ways to make a coin go up is to have alot of th currency. That's one reason why not market cap is so high. I think like 7 people got the entire  ipo of nxt when it launched. There is an article on it somewhere that breaks it down.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
December 04, 2014, 06:15:44 PM

Activity: 896
December 04, 2014, 04:57:37 PM
*Slowclap* again devs. Thanks for your work. I wish there was an emoticon with tears and a smile face.
Activity: 286
December 04, 2014, 03:41:33 PM
Such news,many article .... or maybe just one, from me?

Clicky!

Thanks to Soepkip for letting me know Wink

Thanks jdebunt!

+1 cheers jdebunt  Smiley
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
December 04, 2014, 03:39:13 PM

Clicky!

Thanks jdebunt!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
December 04, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

Clicky!

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
December 04, 2014, 01:24:26 PM

***BIG NEWS*** Rynomster just released ZK testnet v2 for download in #shadowtest on IRC.  Come join Round 2 of testing!

Sweet! Will be testing tonight Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
December 04, 2014, 12:35:07 PM
Activity: 462
December 04, 2014, 11:44:59 AM
Activity: 406
December 04, 2014, 09:45:37 AM
Can't believe some people sold their coins yesterday...  Grin

Glad I bought it Grin

Hope they are now in much stronger hands... Cheesy

Activity: 406
December 04, 2014, 09:20:13 AM
Can't believe some people sold their coins yesterday...  Grin

Activity: 527
December 04, 2014, 03:14:35 AM
I am very happy to see v2 testnet! Great job devs and all who help and will help by testing!
I never doubted your work and dedication.
Keep it up to the top!
 Grin
December 03, 2014, 10:20:44 PM
Round two testing has begun for version 2! We've setup a testing thread that contains links to the new build as well as instructions on how to participate: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/265/public-testing-for-zk-shadow-round-2

Testing channel is #shadowtest on freenode IRC

If you any feedback or bugs related to testing, please post them on the test thread via sdtalk. It makes it easier for the team to track issues and provides a knowledge base for new users.

Thanks everyone.

ZK is literally game-changing.  This will obsolete every other competing anonymous solution.  I can't wait for the public release soon to follow!
Jump to: