Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 48. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 624
Merit: 250
September 04, 2016, 11:32:26 PM
extremistan: It's my slack handle, posting on BCT through the slack channel #bitcointalk (via a bot).
Activity: 301
September 04, 2016, 11:17:37 PM
extremistan: Not yet. Prob just maintenance, like yesterday.

wth is this "extremistan"?
September 04, 2016, 11:00:57 PM
extremistan: Not yet. Prob just maintenance, like yesterday.
September 04, 2016, 10:55:59 PM
Wallet is in maintenance on trex.  What's going on?  New release being implemented?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1006
September 04, 2016, 09:20:01 PM

That said, I don't think acceptance by dark markets is something to seek. Most of the DNM stories have been tragedies, leaving confiscated coins and ruined lives in their wake, and I predict the next major dump of XMR will be thanks to a FBI seized assets auction. Too centralized and too big a target, plus the cumbersomeness that comes with operating and using a dark site. It may be obsolete tech now.

Thats a one way of looking at it. Also keep in mind that Satoshi is in FBI's and several other agencies most wanted list. Shadowmarket, if it will ever become a popular demand, might cause troubles to their devs due to illegal trades going on. On the other hand its no secret that FBI decoded tor and watching people.

I think the devs are safe, being they have not a bit of control over what we do with our wallets or coins. This is why it's imperative that the wallets be uncensored, for once the the devs have the power to control what we do there will be a demand that this power be used. And being it's open source it would be easy enough for anyone who knows code to remove whatever they were forced to do.

I thought the market would be closed source? Anyway, the transaction from deep web markets are going to happen someday. Its unevitable, shadowmarket has to be at its best on release so it can be a decent candiate when it happens.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
September 04, 2016, 09:02:45 PM

That said, I don't think acceptance by dark markets is something to seek. Most of the DNM stories have been tragedies, leaving confiscated coins and ruined lives in their wake, and I predict the next major dump of XMR will be thanks to a FBI seized assets auction. Too centralized and too big a target, plus the cumbersomeness that comes with operating and using a dark site. It may be obsolete tech now.

Thats a one way of looking at it. Also keep in mind that Satoshi is in FBI's and several other agencies most wanted list. Shadowmarket, if it will ever become a popular demand, might cause troubles to their devs due to illegal trades going on. On the other hand its no secret that FBI decoded tor and watching people.

I think the devs are safe, being they have not a bit of control over what we do with our wallets or coins. This is why it's imperative that the wallets be uncensored, for once the the devs have the power to control what we do there will be a demand that this power be used. And being it's open source it would be easy enough for anyone who knows code to remove whatever they were forced to do.

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
September 04, 2016, 08:27:51 PM
extremistan: Not true. Developers of open source software can't be held responsible for its uses. Just like those who develop for Bitcoin aren't responsible for if it's used for nefarious purposes. And Satoshi wouldn't be on the most wanted list for developing Bitcoin, the only reason he would be "wanted" is for tax purposes... If even that. I've never heard he's on their most wanted list.

ohh And they thought satoshi will come out when they suddenly give award to him.  The demand for coins that has untraceable featurs may still exist though. so long as there are users who wants privacy and operates in the dark. SilkRoad discussion still continues really, if one day i get to be there i might just try making transaction like the rest of those who supported the coins.
September 04, 2016, 08:26:21 PM

FUD FUD FUD, blah blah blah

Notice the name here?  These guys are trying this game on Polo troll box too, nobody is listening, SDC volume and price action continues.
September 04, 2016, 08:18:33 PM
extremistan: Not true. Developers of open source software can't be held responsible for its uses. Just like those who develop for Bitcoin aren't responsible for if it's used for nefarious purposes. And Satoshi wouldn't be on the most wanted list for developing Bitcoin, the only reason he would be "wanted" is for tax purposes... If even that. I've never heard he's on their most wanted list.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1006
September 04, 2016, 07:58:11 PM

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
September 04, 2016, 07:32:54 PM
Nice thing about the Aphrodite wallet is that it alone will make both dark markets and the eventual Shadow market unnecessary for some. Sellers can set up shop right in a chat room like they have been doing in IRC channels for years, with the advantage of a secure currency built in.

legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
September 04, 2016, 03:51:24 PM
missed shadow pump. what a pittie.  Undecided

I wouldn't call it a pump. There are solid technical reasons for the rise in price. The current consolidation is just as normal, and a great buying opportunity.
Do your homework, and it will be very clear why SDC is a fantastic long term investment opportunity.

https://decentralize.today/shadowcash-sdc-the-billion-dollar-baby-6b86f0660739#.qjcjh9jmo

https://decentralize.today/privacy-and-control-need-to-be-put-back-into-the-hands-of-the-individual-301c4c318ef8#.70ncy8nrn

http://comingsoon.shadowproject.io/

Activity: 142
Merit: 100
September 04, 2016, 02:58:00 PM

I think you'll see more to come, this week it has just been getting started...  Grin
Activity: 700
September 04, 2016, 02:47:17 PM
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
September 04, 2016, 12:27:12 PM
The quickest way to get everything sync'd up fast is by downloading the blockchain from https://github.com/shadowproject/blockchain

How do I feed the blockchain to the wallet?

Follow this guide. https://shadowproject.io/en/tutorials/fast-sync-blockchain
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
September 04, 2016, 11:22:32 AM
The quickest way to get everything sync'd up fast is by downloading the blockchain from https://github.com/shadowproject/blockchain

How do I feed the blockchain to the wallet?
Activity: 222
Merit: 1
September 04, 2016, 10:48:36 AM
I've not been able to find answers to these questions so apologies if they have been asked before.

1. If all the outputs of a transaction are zero knowledge how does the network or miner know what the fees will be?

2. Is there any way a shadowcash user can provide the ability for a third party to see their anonymous account activity, e.g. like a Monero "view key", without exposing their private key?

3. Is there any way to enforce instant transactions on the network like Dash? Or does shadow cash rely on the normal method of confirmations until statistical certainty on non-reversibility (due to chain reorganisation) reaches a certain threshold.

4. Why did the blockchain switch from PoW to PoS? Was this to seed an initial distribution of coins?

5. Where can I read up on the specific type of PoW used?

6. Where can I read up on the decentralised market protocol?

You might get some answers on the SDC slack channel https://slack.shadowproject.io/

Some documentation here but not sure if its of any help https://doc.shadowproject.io/#about-shadow

Activity: 222
Merit: 1
September 04, 2016, 10:38:21 AM
I was not able to sync the client v1.4.0.1, stuck at block 994543, 6 active connections.
What is wrong ?

The latest version is 1.4.0.3 you can get it from

https://shadowproject.io/en/gettingstarted

For your own security double check you are getting the correct official downloads, do not trust links posted/quoted on this forum.
September 04, 2016, 10:38:14 AM
dadon: ^ truer words never spoken.
SDC can and will help change the world the same way BTC did.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2016, 10:31:26 AM
You guys can FUD all you want. I have been here since the start and never gave up. I stopped contacts with everyone but kept buying Smiley SDC will be a game changer in the world we live in today and patience will pay for those who invest.
Pages:
Jump to: