Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 71. (Read 1289635 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
The difference is one name markets to a small audience were a more neutral name targets a larger audience...
So if you target only darknet users you will get only them... if we target the general public we get them and we still get the darknet users because they will use us regardless..not to mention the wider the audience, the wider the potential user base and since we are pos that equals are more robust and secure system.
a neutral name will only have positive consequences for this project.

It's all about problems and solutions. Right now, mainstream has other market solutions I've listed in the previous posting operating in their native currencies. There doesn't appear to be a huge problem here, and Shadow project does not offer significant advantages over them. I think it will be extremely difficult to pull these users away from these established markets and it would likely take years to build any volume.

However in the darknet, Shadow solves a huge privacy and anonymity issue and is not such a technological leap from what is in place. You will get much more bang for your buck marketing to those users. It's the niche we need to chase. Having a Shadow Market in Shadow wallet with Shadow currency is just brilliant for this. Darknet users do need ordinary stuff, too. Once the market is up and flourishing, mainstream goods and users will follow. Eventually, shadow will no longer be a dirty word.

Anyway, good discussion and I hope we can arrive at some democratic agreement. Cheers.
Our market is decentralized that's the advantage...and the point, we don't target DM users if they want to use it they cant be stopped but we are just building a platform for people to do business on that is decentralized and privacy centered..we build it and who ever uses uses it..but we are most definitely not targeting DM users..that would be the quickest way to kill this project
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
@dickwhite

I cant argue with that, I agree.

But dnm users are a very tiny tiny % of the internet.  What if, out of the 99.99% of other internet users there is a decent % that want to trade but there is too many hurdles in place on the dnm's.  Its not easy to be safe on the internet and most people know that.  There is a huge untapped market out there and I believe the dnm's are certainly the way to tap that market.  But I think they still have a lot of growth in that market if more people thought they could do it anonymously but its just too hard atm.

The Shadow brand isn't changing, it will still be the Shadow Project, Shadow Network/Platform all powered by Shadowcash. It's not a dirty word.  Cool
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
The difference is one name markets to a small audience were a more neutral name targets a larger audience...
So if you target only darknet users you will get only them... if we target the general public we get them and we still get the darknet users because they will use us regardless..not to mention the wider the audience, the wider the potential user base and since we are pos that equals are more robust and secure system.

It's all about problems and solutions. Right now, mainstream has other market solutions I've listed in the previous posting operating in their native currencies. There doesn't appear to be a huge problem here, and Shadow project does not offer significant advantages over them. I think it will be extremely difficult to pull these users away from these established markets and it would likely take years to build any volume.

However in the darknet, Shadow solves a huge privacy and anonymity issue and is not such a technological leap from what is in place. You will get much more bang for your buck marketing to those users. It's the niche we need to chase. Having a Shadow Market in Shadow wallet with Shadow currency is just brilliant for this. Darknet users do need ordinary stuff, too. Once the market is up and flourishing, mainstream goods and users will follow. Eventually, shadow will no longer be a dirty word.

Anyway, good discussion and I hope we can arrive at some democratic agreement. Cheers.
Boycott Qatar 2022
^^ exactly @dadon

I think this move is great, what ever the name will be.  And I really don't understand all the negativity with giving the market its own name. 

Okay so lets see what choices we have for adoption, because this is what its all about.

1.  Market directly to the DNM users

2.  Market to the nerds around here

3.  Wait for the world to learn about crypto blockchains and wallets

4.  Market to everyone through the marketplace

To me its a no brainer.  Nobody wants to know what a crypto currency or wallet is, its all too hard for the new.  I know I struggle to explain what Shadowcash is to new people, first you have to explain bitcoin to them and by that time it just gets all too hard and its a tough sell.  A market name change has nothing to do with appeasing the sheep or anyone, its about gaining adoption.

I don't know if the people complaining have ever tried marketing software before.  It's not that easy, you can have a great product that does everything, works fantastically and is free and its still a huge task to get people to install it.  Trust is a major issue and you are doing well if you can get 1% of the people who look at your product to install it, no matter how great it is.   With that maybe 1% of them will follow through and buy currency to use on the marketplace.  So if we can get 1% of the 1% that install it to buy currency and use the market then we are doing great and its all a numbers game from here and we have a much larger number of prospects to work with.

We can still market to the dnm's and the people around here with the Shadowcash brand and we can still wait until the world catches up with and learns about crypto's.  But in the meantime we can market to everybody through the marketplace. 

I see this as a fantastic opportunity to actually get real adoption in this industry and marketing a crypto wallet with a built in market aint gona fly.  And while everyone else is trying to find uses for their coins we can start actually using ours to create that demand. 

I think this is much more than a simple name change, its more of a paradigm shift and things can only get better imo. 

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Activity: 744
Merit: 500
ShadowMarket is good I think

BTW to recover sdc in sdc client do I need only private key or also public key?
Activity: 168
let's see what a random guys/girl that hear for the 1st time about ShadowMarket could say :
"Hey ShadowMarket, lol, I guess there's plenty of illegal stuff in there, and like a ghost/shadow, it could disappear with my money... trustability = -1, won't touch with a 10feet pole"

It's just a guesstimate of what would be the 1st impression of many..

That's good, actually. Because I estimate 99% of activity on this market will be illegal somewhere in the world. Whether intentional or not, this project is the best solution yet to replace existing darknet markets. One would have to be completely naive not to realize this, or blind to the appeal and potential. I know I'm betting on a flood of darknet users should the market function as promised. Why worry what the mainstream sheep think when they will continue using well-established and mature platforms like Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress, et al, which we haven't a hope of matching anyway. ShadowMarket name is perfect for its mission.

Hmmm I have to agree with you.
Activity: 225
let's see what a random guys/girl that hear for the 1st time about ShadowMarket could say :
"Hey ShadowMarket, lol, I guess there's plenty of illegal stuff in there, and like a ghost/shadow, it could disappear with my money... trustability = -1, won't touch with a 10feet pole"

That's good, actually. Because I estimate 99% of activity on this market will be illegal somewhere in the world. Whether intentional or not, this project is the best solution yet to replace existing darknet markets. One would have to be completely naive not to realize this, or blind to the appeal and potential. I know I'm betting on a flood of darknet users should the market function as promised. Why worry what the mainstream sheep think when they will continue using well-established and mature platforms like Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress, et al, which we haven't a hope of matching anyway. ShadowMarket name is perfect for its mission.
Activity: 503
To be honest, just stick with ShadowMarket. Who the fuck cares if the word 'shadow' has a negative connotation? Don't censor yourself. You should be proud of the name ShadowCash / Market. And especially don't Darkcoin / Dash this awesome project by rebranding. If whoever has a problem with this project's name, tell them to stop being whiny cunts and to go fuck themselves.

I wouldn't put it quite so harshly, but I have to agree. The moment they changed Darkcoin to Dash I was no longer interested. Still have a few coins, but could care less what they do. Sort of like a great heavy metal band that starts changing their music so they can pander to a wider audience. It NEVER works! In my opinion SDC should stay true to it's original theme, and let the technology do the talking.

TrumpMarket.

Once Trump hears about it: "Yeah I hear they have this new anonymous market called TrumpMarket. It's so good they named it after me, I like that! It's gonna be YUGE!"

Well, I actually like that idea! Sounds like a winner! Trump all the way!

One of the things I like most about Trump is he never changed his attitude. Certainly people are free to change their opinions, but he never backs down from what he believes.
Like it or not, at least you know what his honest opinion is. No politically correct BS EVER!

That's why I don't like changing the market name just to appease those who might be offended. I always thought ShadowMarket sounded cool!  Cool

I agree, and don't care if someone is offended by the word "Shadow" or the kind of things sold on it.

On the other hand, I do care if the name causes people to have less trust in it and makes them less willing to use it. I mean: ScamSource, MalwareMart, Cryptolocker Consortium, those are non-starters! The name "canola" was created to prevent customers from having to ask for the product by its correct agricultural name (rape), and that was a good decision.

I don't think Shadow ventures into that territory, and people understand the implications of an anonymous marketplace and know what to expect. It will prevent any confusion as to which coin needs to be used on it.
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
To be honest, just stick with ShadowMarket. Who the fuck cares if the word 'shadow' has a negative connotation? Don't censor yourself. You should be proud of the name ShadowCash / Market. And especially don't Darkcoin / Dash this awesome project by rebranding. If whoever has a problem with this project's name, tell them to stop being whiny cunts and to go fuck themselves.

I wouldn't put it quite so harshly, but I have to agree. The moment they changed Darkcoin to Dash I was no longer interested. Still have a few coins, but could care less what they do. Sort of like a great heavy metal band that starts changing their music so they can pander to a wider audience. It NEVER works! In my opinion SDC should stay true to it's original theme, and let the technology do the talking.

TrumpMarket.

Once Trump hears about it: "Yeah I hear they have this new anonymous market called TrumpMarket. It's so good they named it after me, I like that! It's gonna be YUGE!"

Well, I actually like that idea! Sounds like a winner! Trump all the way!

One of the things I like most about Trump is he never changed his attitude. Certainly people are free to change their opinions, but he never backs down from what he believes.
Like it or not, at least you know what his honest opinion is. No politically correct BS EVER!

That's why I don't like changing the market name just to appease those who might be offended. I always thought ShadowMarket sounded cool!  Cool
Activity: 503

TrumpMarket.

legendary

I think the market should have a name different than Shadow just to represent 3 things : safety, anonymity and diversity.
This name should also greatly help the brandability of this market without creating misconception.
It will still be "Powered by ShadowProject" or such, so that's not a complete name change as few here seem to fear... it's only a name given to the market.
already some good names have been proposed at https://talk.shadowproject.io/ 
I don't really like the mythology gods thingy though

The politically correct liberal idiots say the same thing about Bitcoin... "Oh my God, they use that stuff for illegal activity".

I believe the number of people who would be suspicious of the name ShadowMarket are the same as those who would be suspicious of a name Like ShadowCash!  Roll Eyes

Yep it's only a name, and the original plan was ShadowMarket. Anything less is a sellout to the politically correct scum.

Are the liberals intelligent enough to figure out cash is the most anonymous currency... Maybe? Un-Constitutional to do away with it? Who cares!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/16/its-time-to-kill-the-100-bill/
legendary
Activity: 1111
crypto-enthusiast since 2012

I think the market should have a name different than Shadow just to represent 3 things : safety, anonymity and diversity.
This name should also greatly help the brandability of this market without creating misconception.
It will still be "Powered by ShadowProject" or such, so that's not a complete name change as few here seem to fear... it's only a name given to the market.
already some good names have been proposed at https://talk.shadowproject.io/ 
I don't really like the mythology gods thingy though

legendary

Boycott Qatar 2022

Its not a re-branding at all, Shadowcash will still be Shadowcash.  Its just going to be a name for the market that will be running on the Shadowcash platform.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Boycott Qatar 2022
FreeMarket brand is already taken by NXT:  http://nxtfreemarket.com/

So we have to find another name.

They have nxtfreemarket so I don't think it really rules out Shadow having a freemarket, alternatively we could along the same theme have: FreeMRKT, FreeMart, OpenMarket, freeBazaar
Activity: 744
FreeMarket brand is already taken by NXT:  http://nxtfreemarket.com/

So we have to find another name.
Activity: 470
Merit: 251
Bitbay is the Future!!!
I noticed the announcement for the month of May and I have to mention that I love the name "Aphrodite" for the market  Cool

Aphrodite isn't for the market, but for the GUIv2, the new redesigned version of the Wallet.

Sorry to crush your dreams Smiley

Ohh lol  Grin, thanks for the heads up  Smiley

I still think you could call it 'Aphrodite Market"  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: