Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 75. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 15
Eat, sleep, code, repeat.
Except of stealth addresses Tor was also protecting SDC users during this period, wasn`t it? SDC wallet has uses Tor right?

What`s up, SDC devs do not have answer to my query? I think Tor was protecting the senders. Am I right? 

Tor is not enabled by default.

On the other hand, if you do properly configure Tor with ShadowCash then yes, this should give you an extra layer of protection.

But to be honest, it really depends on the concrete situation, so we are not able to generalize this statement.
Activity: 744
Merit: 500
sorry for noob question, but didn't someone find an exploit with SDC code? was that repaired? I own some SDC so I hope the exploit was either false, or if true, it was fixed

just trying to sort out fact from fud
Yeah repaired, bounty paid, and it caused some transactions to get deringed but stealth addresses were still in tact.

Except of stealth addresses Tor was also protecting SDC users during this period, wasn`t it? SDC wallet has uses Tor right?

What`s up, SDC devs do not have answer to my query? I think Tor was protecting the senders. Am I right? 
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
sorry for noob question, but didn't someone find an exploit with SDC code? was that repaired? I own some SDC so I hope the exploit was either false, or if true, it was fixed

If you own SDC (transparent form) which apparently is usually the case, you would not have been affected at all. If you owned Shadow (obfuscated form) you should consider the privacy that was supposed to have been provided by Shadow to be destroyed and you should move the coins several times using the new (presumably fixed) version if you want any sort of privacy there.

I know SDC supporters like to say that the exploit didn't matter because it still had stealth addresses, but that is pretty much wrong. The method depends on having both untracability and unlinkability for privacy; just one or the other is very ineffective. That's why coins that just use stealth addresses with no method of untraceabilty are not considered a viable solution to blockchain privacy.

EDIT: typo, add not above

OK thanks for that information, I think my SDC are OK then, but I'll move them just to be sure. Good that a 'fix' was implemented!

edit: many coins have bugs discovered, so I don't see any long term damage coming from finding and fixing a problem, that's evolution. The SDC devs did a good job!

Completely agree. How a problem is handled is usually far more important than the problem itself. In this case the fix was put in place much faster than pretty much anyone expected.
SDC either has everything I was looking for, or it is on the map. Can't wait to see what the future brings.

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

If you own SDC (transparent form) which apparently is usually the case, you would not have been affected at all. If you owned Shadow (obfuscated form) you should consider the privacy that was supposed to have been provided by Shadow to be destroyed and you should move the coins several times using the new (presumably fixed) version if you want any sort of privacy there.

I know SDC supporters like to say that the exploit didn't matter because it still had stealth addresses, but that is pretty much wrong. The method depends on having both untracability and unlinkability for privacy; just one or the other is very ineffective. That's why coins that just use stealth addresses with no method of untraceabilty are not considered a viable solution to blockchain privacy.

OK thanks for that information, I think my SDC are OK then, but I'll move them just to be sure. Good that a 'fix' was implemented!

edit: many coins have bugs discovered, so I don't see any long term damage coming from finding and fixing a problem, that's evolution. The SDC devs did a good job!
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
code: Hi,
I have enabled your account again, we clean up accounts that aren't active after a while.
To prevent this from happening in the future, have an actual chat once in a while.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Hey there,

My sdc slack account was disabled yesterday and I'm not sure why. I was a lurker for sure but have been reading that slack almost daily for a year and a half.  How can I regain access?
Activity: 744

Yeah repaired, bounty paid, and it caused some transactions to get deringed but stealth addresses were still in tact.

code: A lot of people are just holding the coin in SDT (SDC->SDT untouched). But if if you've received a transaction (SDT->anything) then we suggest that you run it through a new transaction as Smooth has said.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

If you own SDC (transparent form) which apparently is usually the case, you would have been affected at all. If you owned Shadow (obfuscated form) you should consider the privacy that was supposed to have been provided by Shadow to be destroyed and you should move the coins several times using the new (presumably fixed) version if you want any sort of privacy there.

I know SDC supporters like to say that the exploit didn't matter because it still had stealth addresses, but that is pretty much wrong. The method depend on having both untracability and unlinkability for privacy; just one or the other is very ineffective. That's why coins that just use stealth addresses with no method of untraceabilty are not considered a viable solution to blockchain privacy.

oh thanks for the advice mate, so nice of you, so great to see community's coming together in harmony.
But it's all fixed now and the since the market isn't even out really nobody cares...we seriously don't..because it's fixed..and since you don't hold sdc you should most definitely not care.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

arcanum: We had a bug 2 months ago, what was fully addressed, repaired and wallet improved to PoS v3
Activity: 896

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Activity: 896
info
You should delete that post to keep some email privacy when you successfully log into slack.
ludx: invited, check your mail now
code: You can import the coinomi seed  string into Shadow throigh key managelent IIRC. But not the other way around (only if you receive on stealth addresses..)
Activity: 503
code: Coinomi will be back soon!
Our server is currently down but it will be fixed soon Smiley

As for our own mobile wallet, it is not a priority but GUI 2.0 is designed with mobile usage in the back of our minds.

I believe a mobile wallet of our own should be a priority. Although for Bitcoin I use Mycelium Android wallet about 10 times for every time I use the main wallet. Mobile use at least for me is far more important. I agree it may not be a priority until SDC has a larger infrastructure, because at this point I have no interest in spending or selling any coins. But a mobile wallet will be required for growth. Coinomi never appealed to me, but maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

A lite phone wallet with coin storing/spending only wouldn't be much better than Coinomi, but one that could handle the market off the SD card and even stake would be a hoot.

The thing I don't like about Coinomi is lack of key control. My Mycelium BTC address is backed up on my desktop wallet, so if I lose my phone I can get my BTC the hell off it as soon as I get home without having to get another phone.
legendary

As for our own mobile wallet, it is not a priority but GUI 2.0 is designed with mobile usage in the back of our minds.

I believe a mobile wallet of our own should be a priority. Although for Bitcoin I use Mycelium Android wallet about 10 times for every time I use the main wallet. Mobile use at least for me is far more important. I agree it may not be a priority until SDC has a larger infrastructure, because at this point I have no interest in spending or selling any coins. But a mobile wallet will be required for growth. Coinomi never appealed to me, but maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

legendary
It would be really nice to have a working Android/mobile wallet... ShadowGo never worked for me, and even if it did, it seemed pretty clunky.
Pages:
Jump to: