Pages:
Author

Topic: Seeking translators for Hive for Mac OS X - page 3. (Read 24298 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
January 23, 2014, 09:22:39 PM
wow thats very generous. i expected a shirt or something (which would've been even cooler somehow imo) but i wont complain Cheesy big THX

We'd love that too. The trouble is that printing and shipping a shirt internationally ends up costing more.

Anyone who translates Hive gets a free shirt though, if you ever come across one of us at an event, just ask.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 23, 2014, 06:40:05 PM
wow thats very generous. i expected a shirt or something (which would've been even cooler somehow imo) but i wont complain Cheesy big THX
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela
January 18, 2014, 09:18:35 PM
Another happy translator here!

Hope that this wallet make it into every Mac user's machine. Keep shipping more languages guys, they are needed to spread Bitcoin worldwide!
Activity: 715
Bitcoin Venezuela
January 18, 2014, 09:03:57 AM
Hi guys!

I'm sorry for the delay regarding clarity on this subject. We went back in forth on how best to distribute our gift package, but in the end the reality of the physically disparate locations of all the translators (and the fact that some did not want to reveal their identities) made it untenable.

So, although we know that this is well under appropriate market value, we'd like offer a little BTC (~$40 USD worth) to the translators who have contributed full translations thus far. To claim it, please send an email to [email protected] with your desired receiving address.

On January 25th, we are going to be releasing our "1.0" version at the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami. Although we unfortunately cannot offer any additional compensation for this work, we would very much appreciate your help in getting across this finish line by translating the few additional strings we have added.

Finally, regarding compensation at this time for future translations (and in response to iFA88): While I hope that we are funded one day to the degree that we can make such promises, right now we simply can't. We are still a very young free software project. I hope you guys understand.

Thank you to everyone for your interest and participation in our community translation experiment! It's been truly amazing to us to see all of this happening!

Is that total sum of ~40 USD for ALL the translators? That means not even one coffee for each of us xD... just kidding happy with anything you can dropped, Hive wallet is the important part of the work Wink
Activity: 92
Merit: 20
hivewallet.com
January 17, 2014, 11:41:25 AM
Hi guys!

I'm sorry for the delay regarding clarity on this subject. We went back in forth on how best to distribute our gift package, but in the end the reality of the physically disparate locations of all the translators (and the fact that some did not want to reveal their identities) made it untenable.

So, although we know that this is well under appropriate market value, we'd like offer a little BTC (~$40 USD worth) to the translators who have contributed full translations thus far. To claim it, please send an email to [email protected] with your desired receiving address.

On January 25th, we are going to be releasing our "1.0" version at the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami. Although we unfortunately cannot offer any additional compensation for this work, we would very much appreciate your help in getting across this finish line by translating the few additional strings we have added.

Finally, regarding compensation at this time for future translations (and in response to iFA88): While I hope that we are funded one day to the degree that we can make such promises, right now we simply can't. We are still a very young free software project. I hope you guys understand.

Thank you to everyone for your interest and participation in our community translation experiment! It's been truly amazing to us to see all of this happening!
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
┗(°0°)┛
January 17, 2014, 09:10:27 AM
Any update on this?
Sorry, Wendell is extremely busy right now getting various things ready before Miami conference next week...

In the meantime, we've added a Swedish translation:

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 12, 2014, 02:51:49 AM
yeah any updates so far? saw you are on a conference in berlin next month so maybe you can give me a free pass to your talk or hand over the present in person xoxoxo
Activity: 504
January 11, 2014, 11:52:02 PM
Any news from Wendell about this?

He is presently trying to get his new account out of the newbie jail and will be here shortly to respond. :-)

Any update on this?
Activity: 237
December 10, 2013, 11:55:52 AM
For 0.05 btc i translate you to hungarian Smiley
┗(°0°)┛
December 10, 2013, 08:44:52 AM
Hi!  I can see you are gonna translate to finish, but not norwegian?! 
Remember who got the oil guys!  And who came out with The fox?  You all forget us so quickly  Cry
Hi HHvindenes, I can assure you we didn't forget who made the fox video, and we're forever grateful for that Wink

Sadly, the only thing I know in Norwegian is "jeg elsker deg" but that won't help us much here, so we need to wait until someone who actually knows Norwegian volunteers to translate the app for us... (*hint hint*).
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 09, 2013, 03:52:58 PM
Hi!  I can see you are gonna translate to finish, but not norwegian?! 
Remember who got the oil guys!  And who came out with The fox?  You all forget us so quickly  Cry
December 09, 2013, 03:03:58 PM

He is presently trying to get his new account out of the newbie jail and will be here shortly to respond. :-)

We all know the feeling haha
hivewallet.com
December 08, 2013, 06:26:50 PM

December 07, 2013, 05:28:54 AM
any updates on the giveaway you said you planned? Smiley

Hi Zak! Once Wendell is back on the ground in Europe, he'll update about that. Sorry for the delay!

Are you expecting to run bitcoinj there ?

We're really not sure. Also, after the Coinbase app was purged from the store, we're not sure if this is even a good use of resources...

hivewallet.com
December 07, 2013, 05:04:56 AM
Hive wallet for OS X is now available in Serbian - both Cyrillic and Latin!  (discussion thread here)

Changeset here. Special thanks to Marko Mitrovic!

hivewallet.com
December 06, 2013, 05:01:40 PM
A Japanese translation of Hive for OS X is now available! (discussion thread here)

Changeset here. Thank you to Jotter!

hivewallet.com
December 06, 2013, 02:28:59 PM
A Portuguese translation of Hive for OS X is now available! (discussion thread here)

Changeset here. Special thanks to Ygor Ribeiro and Rafael Caricio!

┗(°0°)┛
December 04, 2013, 08:12:19 AM
@Kiki112 & myrez: As far as I know we don't have any Croatian, Lithuanian or Hungarian translations in progress, so it would be awesome if you could make one Smiley We've got Serbian already (thanks viridisk!)

(Regarding what you get for that - you'll have to wait for Wendell's response, I don't know what the plan is exactly.)
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 03, 2013, 04:11:57 PM
What do i get for translating?  Grin
I could do Lithuanian translation if you need.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
December 03, 2013, 02:01:08 PM
I asked before but I didn't get a response, do you need a croatian translator?
Pages:
Jump to: