Pages:
Author

Topic: Sell All Altcoins For Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 9960 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 25, 2019, 01:58:00 PM
This will not be the right strategy to sell of all your altcoins for only the Bitcoin. But, you should only sell your profitable altcoins and invest in diversified portfolio. This means you should choose Bitcoin, Eth, Ripple, and few more challenging coin.
the growth of altcoin now doesn't seem to be that big, and tends to more closely follow the growth of bitcoin. there's nothing wrong with selling altcoin and choosing more bitcoins as assets that now have faster price movements.

I agree, but in my case, with LISK (ICO) and or buying an altcoin at the high, I have a few altcoins that I've not sold yet. Mainly due to being stubborn because I got into them

too high. (Not a lot of $$$ but they sit none the less). Or in the case of Litecoin, I actually bought a mess of LTC when it was around $85 USD, because I thought it would go up

due to 1) mimblewimble protocol and 2) the halving coming up in a bit more than a month.

Again, except for the Litecoin nothing major in the price wise category.

In the past, not sure it applies now, altcoins would USUALLY (or the ones I've still not panic sold) will follow Bitcoin price rises eventually. It usually takes a point where

Bitcoin sits at a price sideways for a bit...say a week or so. Altcoins never go up along with Bitcoin on the same % scale when BTC is pumping, if I remember right.

So only keep such altcoins around that you can speculate with, have little $$$ in and are stubborn. I probably have too much in Bitcoin vs USD, but hey, it is how I roll

if this whole BTC and crypto stuff was not dangerous, where would be the fun! (Sob!) Smiley

Brad

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
June 25, 2019, 04:13:07 AM
This will not be the right strategy to sell of all your altcoins for only the Bitcoin. But, you should only sell your profitable altcoins and invest in diversified portfolio. This means you should choose Bitcoin, Eth, Ripple, and few more challenging coin.
the growth of altcoin now doesn't seem to be that big, and tends to more closely follow the growth of bitcoin. there's nothing wrong with selling altcoin and choosing more bitcoins as assets that now have faster price movements.
copper member
Activity: 798
Merit: 3
June 25, 2019, 04:10:05 AM
Activity: 431
Merit: 100
June 25, 2019, 04:07:11 AM
If you enter the correction phase, maybe if you really want to have bitcoin, you certainly buy at the time of correction. It might be a little risk if the correction is too deep. And actually there's no need to doubt if you want to invest in Bitcoin, it's just that you have to think about the right time to buy bitcoin.
if there is a correction in we just need to wait until it becomes stable with the cessation of decline. but now bitcoin has good growth. maybe you have to wait longer to see a correction in bitcoin.
Activity: 744
Merit: 10
Syntrum.com
June 25, 2019, 03:51:19 AM
I think its a good idea to sell some altcoins to buy bitcoin because it seems as if bitcoin is the only coin experiencing the current bullrun. I am not happy with the price of altcoins now because its not encouraging.

Not all altcoins depend on rising BTC prices if all altcoins are affected if the BTC falls then the altcoin price will drop. There are still altcoins that have their own value but not with BTC pairs, they will use dollars.
the altcoin has a lot of ideas and takes time to see rising prices in the future with the products they have of course
Activity: 514
Merit: 100
June 25, 2019, 03:44:15 AM
It is not known whether the bullish run of alternative cryptocurrencies will be this year. No such signs yet. But it may be too late to buy bitcoin now. Perhaps Bitcoin will grow a little more and enter the correction stage.

If you enter the correction phase, maybe if you really want to have bitcoin, you certainly buy at the time of correction. It might be a little risk if the correction is too deep. And actually there's no need to doubt if you want to invest in Bitcoin, it's just that you have to think about the right time to buy bitcoin.
Activity: 742
Merit: 121
June 25, 2019, 03:39:41 AM
It is not known whether the bullish run of alternative cryptocurrencies will be this year. No such signs yet. But it may be too late to buy bitcoin now. Perhaps Bitcoin will grow a little more and enter the correction stage.
Activity: 1764
June 25, 2019, 03:24:02 AM
At the moment, of course, this is not a bad option, because right now big players with manipulators raise the price of bitcoin very quickly and no one knows where it will lead, and at the same time, alctoins are growing very slowly, so bitcoin is now the best option for investment.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
June 25, 2019, 03:11:40 AM
First you're lucky they're still within the same range you bought them. Mine has gone down some 50%' 70' 200%  below my buy zone I tend to keep them on the exchange and forget I bought them. Hoping things turn soon enough for alts.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
June 25, 2019, 03:09:57 AM
It seems to me to adequately sell all my altcoins to buy Bitcoin.  because it is much more profitable and right now when the growth of Bitcoin continues to increase.
I would not move at the moment , bitcoin sooner or later will go to the correction , and many of the coins will begin to grow , I also have altcoins , but I believe that the season of altcoins will come soon

Altseason will come to several altcoins that have good products. I think altseason won't happen to all tokens because investors must choose the best to be a long-term investment. Many altcoins are good as investments and have large liquidity and I think this altcoin type will increase following the price movements of bitcoin
Activity: 461
Merit: 17
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
June 25, 2019, 03:08:41 AM
It seems to me to adequately sell all my altcoins to buy Bitcoin.  because it is much more profitable and right now when the growth of Bitcoin continues to increase.
In my opinion it is not a good idea, because at the moment maybe bitcoin is going up so high that it considers potential altcoins. Even if bitcoin goes down like in 2018, many are turning to altcoin as saviors of trade.
So, I think it's better to collect bitcoin and altcoin together, with a ratio of five to one. If the bitcoin investment is USD 1000 while the altcoin is only USD 200. Because in crypto trading anything can happen, where the soaring prices can suddenly drop quickly.
Activity: 546
June 25, 2019, 12:49:39 AM
If you are selling for less, you might need to reconsider but if the project of the altcoins you are holding are dying then it's better to hold satoshis. Better bite the bullet now and surf the rise of BTC again.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
June 24, 2019, 06:48:04 PM
I would not move at the moment , bitcoin sooner or later will go to the correction , and many of the coins will begin to grow , I also have altcoins , but I believe that the season of altcoins will come soon
Have to keep it believes cause we still know what will happen next and I believe it so that altcoins will soon to rise just like happen to Bitcoin.
But if we just hold those dead altcoins, will it seems that we are just holding for nothing and better to trade it.

It is normal to see people think about this (diversification) cause there is a huge profit in Bitcoin at this time and we have to take that opportunity though.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
A nexgen decentralized ride hailing
June 24, 2019, 06:38:59 PM
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
June 24, 2019, 04:00:25 PM
Altcoins are more volatile, because they have lower capitalisation. But you shouldn't forget about your original purpose of holding bitcoin. It is something like increasing amount of bitcoin
 if you are already in profit and want to upgrade to the Bitcoin then you are safe to sell your Altcoins for the Bitcoins. In contrast to it, if you are not in profit and if you sell it then it is not a good idea. You must invest your money in more than 2 leading crypto coins for better results but in situations like this, you have only one choice to sell your Altcoins if you are in profit and want to upgrade.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
June 24, 2019, 02:08:29 PM
What is an IEO? An Initial Exchange Offering, as its name suggests, is conducted on the platform of a cryptocurrency exchange. Contrary to Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), an IEO is administered by a crypto exchange on behalf of the startup that seeks to raise funds with its newly issued tokens. #MPCX
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
June 24, 2019, 12:36:36 PM
Appears to be the justifiable thing to do, have tried tweaking between btc and altcoins and I found out I have lost some btc in the process, it appears that btc is growing faster than altcoins, btc may get to a stable level for altcoins to pick up again, etherium has been stagnant is the same case
Activity: 868
Merit: 250
Your Data Belongs To You
June 24, 2019, 12:28:21 PM
never keep all actives in one place or in one curreency. i thought it should know every guy who know how to register in bitcointalk.
Activity: 308
June 24, 2019, 11:48:14 AM
I see no reason to sell my top Altcoins for Bitcoin.  If I wanted to invest in Bitcoin, I would have done so.  But this transfer from one coin to another is not for me.
I agree with you, sell all altcoin to buy Bitcoin is not good choice and make profit reduce.
To make profit max in cryptocurrency we could be holder and trader.
If we just take one of them i think that is not good for me.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
June 24, 2019, 11:44:57 AM
I think this is the worst idea now to sell altcoins. they eventually grow up well in the same way. but how many more will continue the pump BTC nobody knows. maybe it will soon end and continue to grow altcoins
for now, we don't know when the altcoin price will pump, and get higher. do not sell it now, and remain patient may be an advantage for the future. maybe in a few weeks, the time will come for altcoin to have a high price.
Pages:
Jump to: