Pages:
Author

Topic: SELL ALL YOUR FIAT AND LIVE 100% CRYPTO!!!! - page 13. (Read 2463 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
It is very dangerous to keep all yours money in the crypto only, and it is better to have different kinds of assets just in case
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
A while ago (2017) there was this Dutch family that sold all their assets for BTC and is now traveling around the world. He had around 500k USD worth of BTC and expects it will at least make 5x in the next 3 years. In the meanwhile, they are living modestly and using 20% of their cryptos to trade.

Would you dare to do the same? Sell all your FIAT for CRYPTO?

What a very risky thing to do which you do convert all of your money into bitcoin which we didn't even know on where the price go either it would go down or it would rise up.I don't know how they do able to handle the risk when it comes to price volatility.Unless if you do have back up funds then you should not worry but the action that they made is too dangerous on my side but well its their own money they do have the full control of it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 629
A while ago (2017) there was this Dutch family that sold all their assets for BTC and is now traveling around the world. He had around 500k USD worth of BTC and expects it will at least make 5x in the next 3 years. In the meanwhile, they are living modestly and using 20% of their cryptos to trade.

A big risk is good if it brought a profit. But you must not forget about another option. I would not risk so much.
Activity: 1150
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆

Is this really possible? Can one really live off of crypto alone, never again to use fiat? If not, it may be a good idea to hold onto your fiat currency, because even though this idea may be feasible, it really doesn't seem beneficial at the moment. Isn't it fiat that helps give crypto its initial value? I mean if not for fiat, what would you trade your coins against?
   Best of luck to anyone who dares to go rogue with there wallets like that. It is a really bold move for those that do, not to mention is sounds a bit dangerous if you ask me, but to each his/her own! It's too much of a risk for me to do.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

That family certainly did a risky thing and I might admit that they are very brave.
I'm not talking anything BS against crypto because I have faith in it. But selling 100% of your assets to invest in crypto is insane.
What will happen if their invest takes a negative turn? They will be in road, begging for the rest of their life. That's not a smart move at all I believe.
I doubt that was a family's decision! Must be a solo decision taken by the man of the house and it turned out he was damned lucky. Beyond that, he would have regretted ever putting his family's joy and progress on the line. That's everything gambling and it 's not something I would urge anyone to embark on with all cash at hand.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
you always need to distribute the risks and understand what you're going for. I prefer not to risk the whole amount, I think it's stupid. we can never claim something with 100% confidence. therefore, you need to have assets and currencies in different sources and hypostases
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
I would say it was a desperate decision, but maybe they'll win from it. It's like all or nothing. I'm not ready to risk like this. Even if the crypto market grows during the next year I won't sell all fiat for crypto, until the cryptocurrencies will be used instead of fiat money.
Activity: 277

don't take a big risk if you didn't ready for the risk
i will keep my Fiat and invest in cryptocurrency too,
i think until now, only a traditional assets such as homes, land etc is the safest investments
Activity: 759
Merit: 105

I found this story something like fabricated but somehow i am wondering if it's true. Do they really exist or they just only exist for this kind of topic, and now i am being an skeptical for this story and it seems that it is not legit. Anyway, if one family do happens something like this i wonder how they manage the risk of selling their property. Did they ever doubt about of the cryptocurrency?
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
W12 – Blockchain protocol

I wonder how they survive the latest ultimate dip in which the Bitcoin price from $19,800 is down to $6,000 and still they could enjoying travelling around the world with those luxury expenses with expectation to earn up to 5X from their remaining Bitcoin assets. If you gonna say that they able to sold it @19,800 maybe you should paste the links of the story or else this topic will be just a hearsay because for me what they have did is risky.
Activity: 392
I think that I will not have all my crypto savings for traveling around the world. I think I still need to work hard to earn so much money. I think the way this family did is very risky, but it can bring good profit in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
I don't think that is a good idea. I believe in crypto and its bright future, but I think this is very high risk and if the plan fails, than what is my plan B?
Activity: 616
For me it's too risky. But it's possible that this Dutch family, first smoked something and then made such a revolutionary decision. Now it is important for them not to stop smoking this to avoid disappointment. Grin
Activity: 486
Merit: 3
The is what i may not be able to do, because it is quite risky and might not seem reasonable from my side. One might need fiat at any point in time, so what should happen in that case. Apart from that, anything can happen st any time. What is prices fall and i need fiat at that time. Then, i will have to sell low and loose. It is better to have reserve of fiat for any unforeseen situation.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
Too much risk in order to do this. I do not think that this is a good idea, because in any case you need fiat money and do not forget about the most important rule of the crypto-currency world. Invest as much as it is not a pity to lose. Therefore, always remember this and draw conclusions only from this.
Activity: 202
Merit: 10
Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark
For me it is very risky. Just need to live on some kind of money, until the coin is stored. And while the market has fallen I do not invest.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
I believe that there was another family which sold everything in order to put it in BTC and moved to trailer and are waiting for the moon.
Bold and courageous move, respect and i hope they will thrive.

I for one cant imagine doing so , i would be stressed out my mind.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner

I will never do that, because I prefer to take affordable risks. I will never risk my dwelling, my car and other things that make my life comfortable. I will find other ways to make money. Crypto currency can give as well as deprive you everything.
Activity: 504
Merit: 3

It's in Dutch, but maybe Google Translate will help: https://www.businessinsider.nl/limburger-zet-huis-te-koop-voor-85-bitcoin/

Thanks! I've read that article, Google Translate surely helped! This guy was very brave to put his house on auction for 85 BTC. I surely wouldn't have the guts to do that. With bitcoin being highly volatile and with the fact that price could fall immediately, he could very well be selling the house for half a price which was first intended in a matter of days. But I guess he is checking the market everyday. Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Not sure what you said is true or not. Do you have a source? A link or something? Did you try to verify the information? Just using 20% of their coins to trade and make profit to live is actually an unbelievable. They have to be very lucky to make such profits. Whatever, but selling all by assets and converting all my fiat to crypto currencies is something i will not be willing to do, since the risk over here is extremely huge.
Pages:
Jump to: