Pages:
Author

Topic: Sell your altcoins and tokens TODAY, save yourself the frustration - page 13. (Read 5461 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

And a few years ago Litecoin was #2. And a few years from now some other coin may be #2. Can you guess which one? You can't. It might not even exist yet. The point is, everyone hopes to be holding the next Ethereum but the fact is - most are not.

Although we disagree, I do get where you are coming from. There are certainly some alts that are more or less doomed ... forever sinking. And yeah, many of their holders probably would be better of selling into fiat or btc.

However, the same way we can't say what coin will be #2 years from now, we can't even say where most alts will be even 1-3 months from now. Sure, perhaps btc dominance increases, every alt flounders, and folks will wish they have sold. Or btc crumbles back to 6K, alts have a run, and we are kicking ourselves for selling our alts at their bottom when if we waited a month we could have gained 2-3x as much.

It works both ways. Most (or I should say many) here aren't just holding a fortune in junk alts hoping 2 years from now it turns into ETH. Many trade the swings, many hold but have no reservations about selling at the right price... and many realize they have no clue where the crypto market will lead.

You are also overlooking risk/reward. If someone puts $100-1000 into some dinky alt hoping it'll turn into ETH years from now, so what? That's a risk they feel worthwhile and isn't so much as to really hurt their finances... yes, most likely they will lose, but if they win, they win big. So who is to tell them they are wrong?

And I'm sure you have noticed BTC isn't exactly doing great lately either. Folks selling into fiat would have been the better move, not into BTC ... but as I stated, nobody really knows where prices will go.

I'll also state you may not even be wrong, perhaps every alt holder should sell into btc -- nobody can say. I just dislike it when folks post here acting like they are some expert and know for a fact where markets will lead. It's up to each person to weigh their own risks and decide for themselves.
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
In addition, BTC can not provide 2x or 5x in a short time. However, altcoins (surely not all) can be influenced by even the smallest news and this can cause them to multiply their prices several times.

I'm not talking about traders who (maybe) know what they're doing and can make money on those ups and downs. I'm talking about bag holders who keep holding declining bags of coins. It just doesn't make sense.

Not all altcoins will end up being pathetic, you have to think about the impact of bitcoin market dominance. Ethereum is still at number 2 according to coinmarketcap, don't rush to make a decision. In my personal opinion, bitcoin has some weaknesses in the concept and in the value of "assets", so I'm sure cryptocurrency still requires altcoin to develop blockchain technology, stable coin is a very good concept for the government to see that digital currency can be used as a payment tool.

And a few years ago Litecoin was #2. And a few years from now some other coin may be #2. Can you guess which one? You can't. It might not even exist yet. The point is, everyone hopes to be holding the next Ethereum but the fact is - most are not.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
I personally never hold altcoin, until long. I invest in altcoin or get it from the bounty, if I feel the price is enough I immediately sell it. I agree with your thoughts and it is very logical for me. but altcoin like LTC, ETH or something like that is still needed for me and everyone because the transaction costs are cheaper than bitcoin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
I believe it is true that the majority of tokens on crypto market are trash, but I am still investing in some of them, because BTC dominance would not last forever. Everything has its life cycle and BTC cycle is going to end as well.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
The reality yet painful truth that most of us have to get along with yet we still have false hopes in so many shit projects. Damn, i remember i had invested and also join a bounty campaign and earned so much TELE tokens. At DEX price it was about $0.2 and i was holding over 9k+. Now this token is worthless. I guess we have to learn our lessons from now onwards, only invest in BTC!
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
I don't think this is a wise idea. You can sell off only underperforming altcoins which is understandable but not altcoins with good potentials. Altcoins that can spring up surprises and reward holders hugely. The key word remains to always invest and hold only altcoins with a use case and a future. Ensure you research on projects and see how it products and use cases can be applied in real time before investing and holding them. This way, you are guaranteed better chances of success long term.
Activity: 896
This is 💯 true, BTC dominance is really geting wilder day and night and the uproar of btc will come like a thief in the night, but while saving or storing some btc like you said i take delight in trying to multiply my btc by trading some shitcoins. Without them my multipier level is low
investing in bitcoin is indeed used for the long term in my opinion rather than holding it on shitcoin, but in some cases people hold it not because they don't want to sell it but the price cannot be expected if they sell it
Activity: 1190
Merit: 257
I don't think all altcoins or tokens are bad, because some of them have high potential. I still hold some tokens and altcoins and i don't care if price altcoins or tokens dump the most important thing is that the development of their project is good
Activity: 216
Merit: 10
Live, Hope, Win
This is 💯 true, BTC dominance is really geting wilder day and night and the uproar of btc will come like a thief in the night, but while saving or storing some btc like you said i take delight in trying to multiply my btc by trading some shitcoins. Without them my multipier level is low
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
I sold some of mine a few months back without overanalyzing. Thanked myself for doing so coz right now, they all dumped.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 279
Okay, thank you for the advice. Indeed, holding bitcoin is much safer than holding altcoins because the BTC always dominating the market.
I think top altcoins price will going up if bitcoin price rising in the future, like the bullish market in 2017. But for now, safer to holding btc than alts.
The dominance of our investment in cryptocurrency is mostly in the hands of bitcoin because that is what clearly provides profit. lest we make the wrong decision. some of our mistakes in making decisions actually make us gain losses and also it is not small. altcoin itself if the election is detrimental
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
You know how this is going to end. You might be trying to lie to yourself, you might be secretly hoping that some token in your "portfolio" that you have 10 million of is going to moon to $50 and make you rich, but let's be real: that is not going to happen. Even the allegedly strong altcoins like LTC or ETH or whatever is cool these days (I've been out of this game for a while) are not doing well and BTC dominance is growing. Which makes sense if you think about it. BTC can do most of what any altcoin can do and the few really useful features that BTC is missing (private transactions for example) are implemented by multiple altcoins, fragmenting their market share.

And the elephant in the room: 99% of altcoins are total garbage. They're called shitcoins for a reason.

Sell your altcoins and tokens. Take the proceeds in BTC, stick it into a cold wallet, keep some online to play around with Lightning and other things that actually matter for real-life stuff, like being able to buy something. When was the last time you were able to use for example Ethereum for something tangible, not to buy some garbage tokens or to play a game?

Do it today. Your grandkids will thank you.
In my own point of view, what is the point if we sell shitcoins or altcoins that has no good value today? because even we sell all of them today they are still useless and not worth it. It will be just better if i just leave them in my wallet even there are less chance for them to have a profit. Honestly, i am not frustrated from holding altcoins that has no good value because in the near future there will be coin that will be worth to buy and sell like bitcoin that will save me from holding these shitcoins.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Top 50 altcoins is a great investment if you invest now while altcoins are at the bottom. The proposal made by the author of the topic is aimed at those people who bought altcoins at a price three times more expensive than now. He recommends that they sell them in order to fix losses and make a little money on the growth of bitcoin. After all, he offers to sell in favor of bitcoins.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
Okay, thank you for the advice. Indeed, holding bitcoin is much safer than holding altcoins because the BTC always dominating the market.
I think top altcoins price will going up if bitcoin price rising in the future, like the bullish market in 2017. But for now, safer to holding btc than alts.
I personally do not think such advice is good. I still hold my tokens and this year I have not sold any of them. What is the point of selling them now if their price has now fallen to a minimum and they cost almost nothing. Yes, the dominance of bitcoin has now increased very much, but I do not think that this will happen for a very long time. Over time, it will inevitably fall. It is still profitable to invest your money in bitcoin, however, this will not always be the same. You need to invest not in the now popular name of Bitcoin, but in new technologies that will constantly appear. Everything should work and be in motion. Therefore, it is possible that the grandchildren for Bitcoin will again be able to buy only three pizzas.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Why would I sell my altcoins or tokens if I know that they have got a great potential ahead in the future. Maybe they are in the negative return right now but I know that in the future, their price will be massive as well as their returns. It is a matter of patience and diversification so I don't need to worry about my investments in cryptocurrency since I got other income flowing into my portfolio.
Activity: 394
Merit: 1
I like your style and it's not a bad idea., I realize that most of the tokens that I have from prizes don't have a good selling price. and I started thinking about increasing good results by selling some tokens directly when they still have prices and then exchanging them using bitcoin instead of ethereum. BTC has great potential, I love using BTC and turning it into a valuable fiat.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
sometimes we feel disappointed and hope to be back at its initial price, but the opposite happened, the price of altcoin is falling and becoming altcoin junk. I prefer to exchange it directly on bitcoin if the altcoin I get from the bounty has entered the market
Not many people want to stay with all those shits being said but new project of having a future increase when what people eventually see in the future is future dump after they must have relied on the project. The best to do now is just to exchange any altcoin to bitcoin, because if you wait now before altcoin season for the project to grow, it will be an impossible thing to achieve, but changing them to bitcoin could still give us the chance of getting more while we buy the altcoin again when the project eventually dumps.

The only projects that we can still continue to hold are those projects that we have on the list of top altcoins, they still have very real working products which we all know that there will always be need for them in future by many people of the world.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
Every holder does not think like this but you just spoke out my mind, If I do so now I will be in huge loss so I will not sell my altcoins. I know its been a long time holding the coins and portfolio continuously losing value month by month and it gives disappointment to anyone. At present Btc is dominating the market but we can not expect the market without altcoins too.

I am also against the idea of selling altcoins at the moment. Even if altcoins are not as good a digital asset as bitcoin still loss is a loss. As far as the dominance goes, bitcoin has been the leader of digital market since beginning and it is the whole reason why altcoin were created and why people put trust into them. Even after so many years, there are only few altcoins that are trusted by investors.
Activity: 1638
Hexhash.xyz
Activity: 2184
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Every holder does not think like this but you just spoke out my mind, If I do so now I will be in huge loss so I will not sell my altcoins. I know its been a long time holding the coins and portfolio continuously losing value month by month and it gives disappointment to anyone. At present Btc is dominating the market but we can not expect the market without altcoins too.
Pages:
Jump to: