Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 14. (Read 89308 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 27
March 24, 2019, 05:39:45 AM
I think the KYC process has already leveled up. They must have already an idea that such practice among frauds that defeat the objective of the process itself is rampant. As far as my observations are concerned, there are already new mechanisms for KYC that are going to be very hard to cheat on. There are KYC processes that actually require selfies while holding a piece of paper with their signature and date as well as their passport. Some others are even requiring short videos stating their names and other necessary information.
Yes.

I don’t think all Exchanges, but also this KYC is fakable
Activity: 2310
Merit: 366
March 24, 2019, 05:18:43 AM
I think the KYC process has already leveled up. They must have already an idea that such practice among frauds that defeat the objective of the process itself is rampant. As far as my observations are concerned, there are already new mechanisms for KYC that are going to be very hard to cheat on. There are KYC processes that actually require selfies while holding a piece of paper with their signature and date as well as their passport. Some others are even requiring short videos stating their names and other necessary information.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
March 24, 2019, 05:13:48 AM
The usual thing happens about editing or fake KYC, but the parties from the organizers should be able to anticipate the video so they can be trusted by the public so that they are not deceived
Activity: 544
Merit: 1
March 24, 2019, 05:11:27 AM
Well I have never bought that idea of sending a fake ID for kyc because to me it made no sense and I don't believe that some guys will sell my ID for any bad reasons. And I also I love being sincere
March 24, 2019, 05:10:12 AM
So really FAKE ID works with Exchanges like CoinBase, BitPanda or smaller?Huh!!
You can use coinbase without identity verification. I used almost 4 years without verification but last year coinbase asking KYC for big transaction. Fake ID not will be work because they asking proof of picture with showing NID Card/Passport/Driving License.

CoinBase without KYC?

I can’t put in FIAT without (anyway I’m already fully verified)
Activity: 471
Merit: 100
March 24, 2019, 05:07:30 AM
You can use coinbase without identity verification. I used almost 4 years without verification but last year coinbase asking KYC for big transaction. Fake ID not will be work because they asking proof of picture with showing NID Card/Passport/Driving License.
Activity: 504
Merit: 127
Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus
March 24, 2019, 04:31:47 AM
KYC is not the reason for the project is legit. No one is giving guarantees to kyc projects are really paying. I've followed the campaign with kyc in the beginning but the reality is the same, they ended up scam. stay cautious for your kyc.
True, KYC is also a way for scammers to scam people. They might be using the people's identity to scam other people. And what I care most in KYC is that whenever I'm doing KYC, what if the team tried to use my real identity for bad things?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
March 24, 2019, 04:21:01 AM
Requiring KYC makes the company more legit and attentive to their customer, but before doing it we need to do our part to counter check whether the said company is registered and have conduct proper procedure in gathering info.
KYC is not the reason for the project is legit. No one is giving guarantees to kyc projects are really paying. I've followed the campaign with kyc in the beginning but the reality is the same, they ended up scam. stay cautious for your kyc.

Kyc to avoid scammers from bounties, but in my opinion it is not the best solution, there are still some that are not good to use, the same thing after doing the Kyc is complicated, but the end of the project on the road is dead.
March 24, 2019, 04:20:37 AM
Nothing is impossible in this world. There are no ways to end scams or fake things. What can be done is just control it through various means. The process to verify identification I think is very much good idea and it will help the clients as well. But there are still such persons who are always on the look out to cheat. In my case, I have filled out many forms for KYC verification and I am always genuine.
In this case, you do not show sincerity, but naivety and stupidity. Look, the Internet is filled with confidential data of naive persons who gave their personal data and copies of their documents to fraudsters. They can be bought for a hundred pieces for ten dollars and even cheaper if if you need several hundred of such data. So do not be surprised if you are called to the police station and accused of complicity in murder or other serious crimes, because your confidential data was used. If such data and copies of documents were used by officials for their criminal purposes, then it will be very difficult for you to prove your innocence. I know many cases when such naive persons spent a long time in prison. So I advise you to be very careful in this regard.

Mmmm hard to think that real owner of ID will be in Jail...

Stealing identity is well known by Police
Activity: 2254
Merit: 223
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
March 24, 2019, 04:06:12 AM
Nothing is impossible in this world. There are no ways to end scams or fake things. What can be done is just control it through various means. The process to verify identification I think is very much good idea and it will help the clients as well. But there are still such persons who are always on the look out to cheat. In my case, I have filled out many forms for KYC verification and I am always genuine.
In this case, you do not show sincerity, but naivety and stupidity. Look, the Internet is filled with confidential data of naive persons who gave their personal data and copies of their documents to fraudsters. They can be bought for a hundred pieces for ten dollars and even cheaper if if you need several hundred of such data. So do not be surprised if you are called to the police station and accused of complicity in murder or other serious crimes, because your confidential data was used. If such data and copies of documents were used by officials for their criminal purposes, then it will be very difficult for you to prove your innocence. I know many cases when such naive persons spent a long time in prison. So I advise you to be very careful in this regard.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
March 24, 2019, 04:05:44 AM
This is why im so scared at kyc process. I will only do kyc if i thing the projects are really legit and will not abuse of my identity. If only my information has been taken by scam project and being used for bad purpose i cannot imagine what will happen to me. That why i always make sure the kyc process will be handle by a trusted management. Not by a simple just like that kyc handle by unknown peoples. So beware at scammer.
March 24, 2019, 04:03:09 AM
yes indeed for this problem it seems very unfair, but maybe we can follow by using fake identities circulating on the internet but it does not guarantee that this method will still succeed because some ico for example there are very selective in dealing with kyc but other than that if we use other people's data assume that makes our personal data safe

Ok but this is strictly valid for ICOs or also for Exchanges?
Activity: 383
Merit: 10
March 24, 2019, 03:59:19 AM
yes indeed for this problem it seems very unfair, but maybe we can follow by using fake identities circulating on the internet but it does not guarantee that this method will still succeed because some ico for example there are very selective in dealing with kyc but other than that if we use other people's data assume that makes our personal data safe
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
March 24, 2019, 03:58:28 AM
they try to check. but ofcourse it is not possible.they ask for a selfie and they can compare the selfie photo with their id. but i dont think it is a proper way, there are still so many cheaters.

Ok, but big Exchanges I thought use external KYC verifications and Government database

Anyway, if someone can give their experience, is more than welcome!
It is right, usually exchanges uses 3rd party service that is somehow having the connection to the government database across the world. I don't know whether the 3rd party are verified or not but I hope it is verified since we are talking about big exchanges here not the fishy ones.
March 24, 2019, 03:56:43 AM
they try to check. but ofcourse it is not possible.they ask for a selfie and they can compare the selfie photo with their id. but i dont think it is a proper way, there are still so many cheaters.

Ok, but big Exchanges I thought use external KYC verifications and Government database

Anyway, if someone can give their experience, is more than welcome!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 533
March 24, 2019, 03:53:20 AM
March 24, 2019, 03:25:39 AM

Really works??
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
March 24, 2019, 03:24:23 AM
Requiring KYC makes the company more legit and attentive to their customer, but before doing it we need to do our part to counter check whether the said company is registered and have conduct proper procedure in gathering info.

Kyc campaign that are scam is more worst than a scam campaign that didnt have a kyc ,  because scammers can be able to use you info on their next illegal project and what worst can happen to you is that you will get black listed which means you cannot get hired if ever you will apply for a job  .  

your right , kyc is not a basis of a project is scam or not  .  we must still do a background check before we join any investment programs  .
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
March 24, 2019, 03:23:50 AM
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
March 24, 2019, 12:51:36 AM
Pages:
Jump to: