Author

Topic: Seuntjies DiceBot -Multi-Site, multi-strategy betting bot for dice. With Charts! - page 160. (Read 274491 times)

Activity: 632
Merit: 500
Hi  seuntjie

Please a quick explanation of what program to use to compile.

I want to try some changes. thanks

maybe Visual Studio 2010 ?
Activity: 632
Hi  seuntjie

Please a quick explanation of what program to use to compile.

I want to try some changes. thanks
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Somebody made a clone and uploaded it to Github: https://github.com/EasyDice/EasyDice

The precompiled .exe steals your bitcoins 100%, somebody with a github account please report it.

Just reported it thank you for feedback i wanted to use it Cheesy
Activity: 317
Merit: 275
Somebody made a clone and uploaded it to Github: https://github.com/EasyDice/EasyDice

The precompiled .exe steals your bitcoins 100%, somebody with a github account please report it.
legendary
Activity: 1717
Merit: 1125
@seuntjie:
Could you please explain the point of the bot?

I mean - there is NO way to ever reach an expected value >1. Why bother?

Somebody suggested doing tons of mini martingale with the smallest bet possible. But if you did that, you'd have to do it 100 million times to get some profit out of it which in turn would increase the loss chance again to the same level.

The only consistent thing it can do is lose faster than you can humanly.

So why bother? Cheesy

Seems to be coded nicely tho.

edit: btw just tried simulation for the heck of it: the exported file doesnt equal the shown summary.. I changed "starting balance" and not even this was reflected in the file.

Some people (like me a year ago when I started the bot) doesn't understand the math behind gambling and the 1% edge. Others don't care about the edge as light suggested. Some think they have a strategy that defeats the edge, and others are just too lazy to bet themselves. It's quite thrilling to see the bot run sometimes, can be just as exhilarating as betting yourself. Also, it was/is a fun project, I learned some stuff from it.

About the simulations: the bot has problems overwriting a file for some reason, so if you updated it and tried to overwrite an older export file, it will not show the update (it does show a message that says: "failed exporting to "). I know that the amount of bets shown in the export file is always 1, but the starting balance is correct, and the finishing balance at the end of the file is the same as the one in the summery (just scroll all the way down and look at the balance and profit after the last bet)
Somebody suggested doing tons of mini martingale with the smallest bet possible. But if you did that, you'd have to do it 100 million times to get some profit out of it which in turn would increase the loss chance again to the same level.
Not if you play a modified Martingale and stop playing in time. That's why I suggested this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6772063

Starting with 0.1 BTC and expecting 0.2 at the end will make you lose. Expecting 0.0X or 0.00X in profit is the way you play. You accumulate the profit over a couple of days (or hours depending how extreme you play) and you've got 0.2 BTC.

If you want a bigger profit faster, but with far less odds in your favour, play 10x or 7x and increase your wager y^x after n losses in a row. You might get lucky, and you might not, you might get real profit, or you might as well lose most of your BTC. Hell, go play 100x.

You've got more chances with Martingale, but it's slower.

If your initial BTC is 0.000xxxxx, it would be better to exchange them to LTC (or even Doge) so you have 0.0xxxxxxx, because this way you can play Martingale with more odds in your favour. With initial 0.000xxxxx and 0.0000000x bets, you'll lose.
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
@seuntjie:

Because there are hardcore gamblers who don't care about the negative expectation and simply want to martingale. For some reason degens have a tendency to prefer to the martinfail 'system' as it gives the illusion of profits in the short term. And anyways you'd be better off posing that question to any dice gambler - why bother when no matter what you do you lose in the long term.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
@seuntjie:

The only consistent thing it can do is lose faster than you can humanly.

So why bother? Cheesy

Seems to be coded nicely tho.

edit: btw just tried simulation for the heck of it: the exported file doesnt equal the shown summary.. I changed "starting balance" and not even this was reflected in the file.
legendary
I will however, consider this feature for v3 (whenever I get the time for that....)
Ok, I hope you do. I'll see about bribing you if I get any decent winnings soon. How much would you want?

And any ETA for v3?

That really depends on the circumstances at that time.

I HOPE to have v3 done by the end of july, but i got a lot of stuff to do and the bot isn't very high on my priority list, so no, i have no ETA
I will however, consider this feature for v3 (whenever I get the time for that....)
Ok, I hope you do. I'll see about bribing you if I get any decent winnings soon. How much would you want?

And any ETA for v3?
legendary
Mode request:

After losing n bets, and then finally winning, raise bet amount to X. After n wins, reset to old amount.

So just add another set of these:

"[ ] Change bet after first win after a losing streak"
"After first win after [n] losses in a row, change bet to [n]. Reset to old amount after [n] wins"
"[ ] After first win after [n] losses in a row, change chance to [n]. Reset to old amount after [n] wins"

Awesome work you've done, but I'll refrain from using this bot until this is implemented.

I will not be doing any maintenance on v2.4.6.

It is very possible to do what you need, but I am in the middle of exams right now. I do not have the time to update the bot. Since it is open source, you could ask some other developer to do it for you, or come bribe my attention away from work after the exams. I will however, consider this feature for v3 (whenever I get the time for that....)

yay now i can lose my money faster without evening thinking about it!

All in the name of fun right?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
yay now i can lose my money faster without evening thinking about it!
Mode request:

After losing n bets, and then finally winning, raise bet amount to X. After n wins, reset to old amount.

So just add another set of these:

"[ ] Change bet after first win after a losing streak"
"After first win after [n] losses in a row, change bet to [n]. Reset to old amount after [n] wins"
"[ ] After first win after [n] losses in a row, change chance to [n]. Reset to old amount after [n] wins"

Awesome work you've done, but I'll refrain from using this bot until this is implemented. Edit: in the meantime, I can add a warning sound after [n] losses in a row, auto-stop the bot and continue manually for [n] bets, and then restart the bot again. This might be a preferable method, even, instead of fully automatic betting.
Activity: 329
good stuff ... sent 20k tip

wow! 20k BTC tip!?!? Thanks!

Dude you're rich! Haha I assume he meant Satoshis, 20k satoshis

yeah i wish! i meant DOGEeeeees
legendary
The bot will not let me start it. http://prntscr.com/3h7hhp
Any way to resolve this? Ive checked for spaces in the min bet and in the chance, but still no luck fixing it.

go to advanced settings and change the amount to a valid number. if this does not work, please export your settings and pm me the content, then i will have a look
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
The bot will not let me start it. http://prntscr.com/3h7hhp
Any way to resolve this? Ive checked for spaces in the min bet and in the chance, but still no luck fixing it.
Activity: 546
Carpe Diem
good stuff ... sent 20k tip

wow! 20k BTC tip!?!? Thanks!

Dude you're rich! Haha I assume he meant Satoshis, 20k satoshis
legendary
Activity: 329
legendary

could be an option to turn off ?

It can, if you add it or get someone else to add it for you.
Jump to: