Pages:
Author

Topic: Sex behind bars. Conjugal Visits. Good or Bad? - page 3. (Read 4141 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
Lol.. I laughed so hard at this..coz in certain ways u r ryt... but in certain cases this may be Unfair...
Their r murderers who may have committed the wrong in certain circumstances which may never occur again... and if wat I say is ryt.. then it means.. they won't commit it again...
This is correct, the majority of murders are acts of passion and overall there is very low recidivism for this crime. Only a small fraction of all murderers are repeat offenders, the kind we call serial killers.

Going soft on criminals is different and displaying empathy to these criminals is completely different. If the fundamental function of jails is to provide a place for a person to realize his mistakes and make him a better person, start treating them like a person!
Quoted for wisdom.

Prisoners per 100k people:

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Going soft on criminals is different and displaying empathy to these criminals is completely different. If the fundamental function of jails is to provide a place for a person to realize his mistakes and make him a better person, start treating them like a person!

OK. Here are the things which I'll do, to "treat them like a person":

1. Provide quality food and other amenities.
2. Provide education.
3. Provide access to TV/News.
4. Provide legal help.
5. Provide medical help.

However, these are the things, which I am not going to do:

1. Allow them to bring sex-workers inside their cells.
2. Allow them to have alcohol and drugs.
3. Allow them to continue their criminal activity (through cell-phones and other means)
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
If you treat an inmate like an animal for 15 years, you will release an animal to society.

If he is not fit to be released in to the society, then he should be locked up until he becomes one. And why prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment are released after 15 years? They should be there for life. Take the case of Anders Behring Breivik. He will be released from prison in less than 10 years time, despite killing 77 people in cold blood.

Activity: 294
Wondering what the general consensus is regarding conjugal visits in prison. The way I see it, these criminals broke the law and it's been determined by a judge or jury that their freedom is to be taken away.

So why let criminals have sex in prison?

Do they let inmates on death row have them? If not. Why not?

What do you guys think?

According to what I've learnt about criminal psychology.. it deems fit to allow criminals to have sex... or ryt for conjugal visits.. most of the countries are working up their laws to mend the criminal mindset.. to this effect it is necessary for the criminals to have a ryt set of mind... if they r subjected to in-jail rape.. then the whole point of mending the criminality is lost.. and it won't be of any use as such... so if sex is allowed in-jail rapes would decrease... and so... will have a good effect
legendary
People are supposed sent to prison as punishment, not to be punished. IMO, all nonviolent prisoners should serve their sentence at home or halfway houses under house arrest.

The current prison system is very much rotten. They mix the non-violent offenders with the violent criminals. In the end, those who are in their 20s and teens, especially those who get punished for non-violent offences such as white collar crimes are brutalized by the violent criminals. At least they should set up separate prisons for violent criminals and the non-violent ones.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Wondering what the general consensus is regarding conjugal visits in prison. The way I see it, these criminals broke the law and it's been determined by a judge or jury that their freedom is to be taken away.

What do you guys think?

If I place myself in their place, I guess I do need sex. But judging from outside, these people are put in their to suffer. And what could be the best way to make somebody suffer by not letting them have the pleasure of best thing in the world?
Activity: 196
Yeah, I think it should be allowed. Seems like rape issues would definitely be increased if they removed this.

If a murderer or a rapist gets raped in jail because jail disallows conjugal visits I'd see that as a bonus sentence to whatever the judge hands down.

Lol.. I laughed so hard at this..coz in certain ways u r ryt... but in certain cases this may be Unfair...
Their r murderers who may have committed the wrong in certain circumstances which may never occur again... and if wat I say is ryt.. then it means.. they won't commit it again... and punishment in laws are made for the betterment of the criminal.. but if such a person goes through some bad experiences in jail.. then his personality can't be mended... and then we have given ourselves a more  dangerous criminal.. in short we've shot ourselves in the foot
Activity: 315
People are supposed sent to prison as punishment, not to be punished. IMO, all nonviolent prisoners should serve their sentence at home or halfway houses under house arrest.
legendary
I don't think they even put people in jail more than a night for weed in most places unless it's a very large amount.  If someone can't handle getting laid for a night or two they need some sort of sex addict therapy.

I just saw a post in another thread, where the OP was referring to an incident in which his friend was jailed for 3 years, for possessing 5 grams of weed. Drug laws vary from state to state in the US, but in most of the states, the possession weed, even in small quantities is punishable by months or even years behind the bars.
I don't think they even put people in jail more than a night for weed in most places unless it's a very large amount.  If someone can't handle getting laid for a night or two they need some sort of sex addict therapy.
There's maybe 4-5 states where that's the case. And 45 states where weed can still get you months - years depending on circumstances. Especially the southern states with the insane "3 strike" laws still on the books.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
seems like a reasonable incentive to get prisoners to be on their best behaviour. I'm not sure how many conjugal visits prisoners ere allowed but i dont think they get them often.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
OK. Let's go a step further. We should allow the prisoners to bring in commercial sex workers, in case they don't have any girlfriends.  Grin These people are in prison to serve their sentence. They are not there to enjoy sex. Conjugal Visits can be allowed to people who are in for smaller charges, such as the possession of weed. But I oppose granting such privileges to the rapists and murderers.

I don't think they even put people in jail more than a night for weed in most places unless it's a very large amount.  If someone can't handle getting laid for a night or two they need some sort of sex addict therapy.
Activity: 745
Merit: 500
NO ... NO... NO

Why should they get t have sex and have their lovers come to see them for some bed shaking.
It's not fair. A murderer killed my best friend, he has no right to procreate, have fun or even hug anyone he loves let alone make love to them
In my state we don't have conjugals but others do. They should all stop it right now. If it was up to me I would cancel their visits and phone calls too.
Lockem up and throw away that key.
Activity: 315
For every guy in jail, I always think if I would mind him living next door in regards to whether he should be locked up
legendary
IF ONLY everyone in jail was a violent criminal. Reality is that the majority (74%) of the US prison population are in there for non-violent offenses.

http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

Sex Offenses                     - 7%
Weapons, Explosives, Arson - 16%
Homicide, Aggravated Assault - 2.9%

26% there's your violent offenders

and all the rest are non-violent, including
Drug Offenses - 48.5%

I was referring only to violent criminals, who make up 26% of the prison population. I don't think that anyone caught for smoking weed, should be jailed for 4 or 5 years. It is retarded to jail someone for drug offences. I don't have any issue with granting the right of conjugal visits for people jailed on offences such as tax evasion as well.
If the criminals turn violent without sexual activity, then they should be castrated, or treated with drugs which can reduce the testosterone levels.
This is called torture, AKA cruel and unusual punishment. This is explicitly forbidden by the 8th amendment to the U.S. constitution, my fascism-loving friend.

These people are imprisoned for committing heinous crimes such as rapes, murders and armed robbery. They can't demand that the prison authorities should bring them sex-workers to satisfy their lust.
IF ONLY everyone in jail was a violent criminal. Reality is that the majority (74%) of the US prison population are in there for non-violent offenses.

http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

Sex Offenses                     - 7%
Weapons, Explosives, Arson - 16%
Homicide, Aggravated Assault - 2.9%

26% there's your violent offenders

and all the rest are non-violent, including
Drug Offenses - 48.5%
Activity: 154
Depends on their crime in my opinion. If they are in jail for battery,domestic,diddling or anything against kids the answer should be "No"!

What if they are a drug dealer? Where does the line get drawn?

i don't think you can morally justify conjugal visits, a punishment is a punishment, you can argue that severity of a crime may call for different levels of leniency but conjugal visits are taking it a bit too far.
legendary
Prolonged denial of sexual activity is cruel and unusual punishment (torture) for any sexually active adult primate. Furthermore, sexual activity makes primates less prone to violence. If nothing else for the safety of the guards orgasms should be allowed and encouraged.

If the criminals turn violent without sexual activity, then they should be castrated, or treated with drugs which can reduce the testosterone levels. These people are imprisoned for committing heinous crimes such as rapes, murders and armed robbery. They can't demand that the prison authorities should bring them sex-workers to satisfy their lust.

What do you guys think?
Prolonged denial of sexual activity is cruel and unusual punishment (torture) for any sexually active adult primate. Furthermore, sexual activity makes primates less prone to violence. If nothing else for the safety of the guards orgasms should be allowed and encouraged.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Conjugal visits? I see inequality here as few inmates are married. Then, how often? 3 times a week? If one day, the guy is tired, can his friend, the guy sleeping in the bed next to him, do it? Can the wife ask some financial compensation if the guy isn't her husband? And what about the prisoners who aren't married, the government should pay a hooker to satisfy their sexual needs, right?

If jails turn into brothels, men will commit crimes to get there.
Pages:
Jump to: