Pages:
Author

Topic: Sex behind bars. Conjugal Visits. Good or Bad? - page 4. (Read 4141 times)

Activity: 315
Merit: 250
I guess the question is do you want revenge or do you want to make them more likely to function when the 85% of them get out eventually.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
OK. Let's go a step further. We should allow the prisoners to bring in commercial sex workers, in case they don't have any girlfriends.  Grin These people are in prison to serve their sentence. They are not there to enjoy sex. Conjugal Visits can be allowed to people who are in for smaller charges, such as the possession of weed. But I oppose granting such privileges to the rapists and murderers.

Can you imagine that. A room in the prison for inmates to search craigslist to order up a hoe for their once a month bang.

LMAO.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
studies support sexual gratification theory by showing that states permitting conjugal visitation have significantly fewer instances of reported rape and other sexual offenses in their prisons.
With the Libertarian nature of this board, I am sure almost everyone here agrees that only violent people should be incarcerated.  Your not cynical, I would imagine these offspring and prime candidates to follow in their dads footsteps.

Federal prisons seems to have under 20% violent inmates, with drug offenses comprising of 48%
http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

In 2012, the last year listed, for state and county inmates those with violent offenses are at 47.7%
http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004339

Of course some people pled down to non-violent offenses, but is still amazing in a revolting way.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Contrast this with DPR aka Ross Ulbrect, whose charged crimes were limited to drug related crimes and money laundering.  He gets two life sentences without parole.

Atleast Anders Behring Breivik needs to send some time behind the jail... unlike people such as OJ Simpson and Oscar Pistorious, who were virtually let off. Oscar will be serving less than 10 months for murdering his girlfriend! And regarding Ross Ullbricht, he became the victim of the banker cartel. The judge (who happens to be a bisexual radical feminist with links to prominent bankers) gave him a sentence which was greater than the one which was demanded by the prosecution.  
legendary
Activity: 1512
Conjugal visits are not just about sex. In fact, they are officially called “family visits,” and kids are allowed to stay overnight, too. In Connecticut, a spouse or partner can’t come alone: the child of the inmate must be present. In Washington, two related inmates at the same facility, such as siblings or a father and son, are allowed to arrange a joint visit with family members from the outside. Only about a third of extended visits in the state take place between spouses alone.

If I'd want to be cynical I'd say in many cases the children of inmates going to be inmates themselves too in a few years, so it's beneficial if they get used to the jail quite early.
Activity: 281
If he is not fit to be released in to the society, then he should be locked up until he becomes one. And why prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment are released after 15 years? They should be there for life. Take the case of Anders Behring Breivik. He will be released from prison in less than 10 years time, despite killing 77 people in cold blood.

You are 100% right... I didn't vote for the politicians that wanted to go soft on crime, but apparently most of my fellow inhabitants did, hence they are releasing monsters in our society.

Contrast this with DPR aka Ross Ulbrect, whose charged crimes were limited to drug related crimes and money laundering.  He gets two life sentences without parole.  

On sex behind bars being good or bad.   I cannot say.  I have never tried it.  Cheesy

sdp

Conjugal visits are not just about sex. In fact, they are officially called “family visits,” and kids are allowed to stay overnight, too. In Connecticut, a spouse or partner can’t come alone: the child of the inmate must be present. In Washington, two related inmates at the same facility, such as siblings or a father and son, are allowed to arrange a joint visit with family members from the outside. Only about a third of extended visits in the state take place between spouses alone.
Activity: 281
You guys are talking like every other jail offers such facility. Here, read this:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/02/11/conjugal-visits

Although conjugal, or “extended,” visits play a huge role in prison lore, in reality, very few inmates have access to them. Twenty years ago, 17 states offered these programs. Today, just four do: California, Connecticut, New York, and Washington. No federal prison offers extended, private visitation.Last April, New Mexico became the latest state to cancel conjugal visits for prisoners after a local television station revealed that a convicted killer, Michael Guzman, had fathered four children with several different wives while in prison. Mississippi had made a similar decision in January 2014.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Emotionally I'd say no. There should be blood, tears, mouldy bread and water only, hard labour and suffering. If they raping each other that's part of their punishment. Logically I'd say yes, as theoretically they are there for improving their moral state, and raping or getting raped not good for that.
sdp
Activity: 469
Merit: 281
If he is not fit to be released in to the society, then he should be locked up until he becomes one. And why prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment are released after 15 years? They should be there for life. Take the case of Anders Behring Breivik. He will be released from prison in less than 10 years time, despite killing 77 people in cold blood.

You are 100% right... I didn't vote for the politicians that wanted to go soft on crime, but apparently most of my fellow inhabitants did, hence they are releasing monsters in our society.

On sex behind bars being good or bad.   I cannot say.  I have never tried it.  Cheesy

sdp
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

legendary
If you treat an inmate like an animal for 15 years, you will release an animal to society.

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
Don't forget: most inmates will be released one day (at least in my country, where life in prison means 30 years, and 30 years means 15 years effective incarceration)...

If you treat an inmate like an animal for 15 years, you will release an animal to society.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
I think they may do it to give the inmates another avenue to stay calm. I imagine tensions can run pretty high in prison, which could lead to fights and general violence. Let some of these guys knock one off every month and you may have a more chill community inside the bars. Just a guess...
Activity: 252
OK. Let's go a step further. We should allow the prisoners to bring in commercial sex workers, in case they don't have any girlfriends.  Grin These people are in prison to serve their sentence. They are not there to enjoy sex. Conjugal Visits can be allowed to people who are in for smaller charges, such as the possession of weed. But I oppose granting such privileges to the rapists and murderers.

Haha, thats a bright idea. Conjugal visits should not be granted for people who have a problem with rape and murder. Rather, they should be provided psychology classes and helped with their issues. The complete idea  of a man going to jail is that he understands his mistakes, works on them and comes back as a better person.
Punishment is secondary, the idea of becoming a better person is the motive.
Of course people shouldn't be incarcerated for smoking flowers anyway.
legendary
Non Violent yes

Others if perfect discipline records and married or have children with person. This would help the children by keeping the family unit intact.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
You are coming to this conclusion presuming everyone in jail deserves to be there in the first place. Mental health and drug abuse make up a large segment of the population.
Activity: 798
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
Yeah, I think it should be allowed. Seems like rape issues would definitely be increased if they removed this.

If a murderer or a rapist gets raped in jail because jail disallows conjugal visits I'd see that as a bonus sentence to whatever the judge hands down.
Pages:
Jump to: