Pages:
Author

Topic: Should bitcointalk ban promotion of other forums? - page 6. (Read 1218 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 511
🇵🇭
I have seen that this forum does not consider it inappropriate when some member makes a post or thread about a competing forum. I am a member of other popular forums and they do not allow mention of competing forums as it is free advertising for them.

What is the opinion of members about this? Is it fine allowing members here to promote or mention competing forums without paying this forum owner or taking his permission  ?

It’s ironic that you are the one asking if promoting other forum should be ban while you are doing one doing it.

It’s normal that competitor shouldn’t be advertised on your own space but other forum doesn’t show any sign of threat that’s why admin here is not that aggressive towards considering it as competitors. You might experience this kind of safety measures ones the competition becomes tough which I doubt will be possible since Bitcointalk is the best forum to discuss Bitcoin staff due to its rich history from the creator of Bitcoin itself to brilliant minds of current reputable members here.
Activity: 308
Merit: 448
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
Banning is not necessary so long you are not promoting a scam project. From my experience on the forum, even when some user are scammers or promote scam projects , they are not banned most times but rather they are given multiple tags by forum members including DT members.
That is why you should check trust feedbacks of members with reference before dealing with them.
Stick to the unofficial official Bitcoin talk rules and I believe you are good to go.
Activity: 560
Merit: 624
I don't see any point in banning any other forum from here as a result of other members promoting it or making references to it here in this forum, and as far as I know, this forum is not in physical competition with any other forum; every forum out there is there for its own sole purpose, and bitcoin talk also stands for its own.

The only place any forum or link is supposed to be banned here in this forum is if the link is considered suspicious and dangerous to the user of this forum. Aside from that, I don't see any reason we should move forward with banning any forum.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
I have seen that this forum does not consider it inappropriate when some member makes a post or thread about a competing forum. I am a member of other popular forums and they do not allow mention of competing forums as it is free advertising for them.

What is the opinion of members about this? Is it fine allowing members here to promote or mention competing forums without paying this forum owner or taking his permission  ?
Pages:
Jump to: